Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An actual Match thread 18:36 - Apr 16 with 4300 viewsDaley_Lama

My eyes are probably deceiving me but I can't see any talk of how we played today

First half was odd, there was a lot of attempted tiki taka with little result up front but Blackpool to me looked the more likely on the break. Didn't see the goal as it was pie time.

Second half and I thought our front 3 went mental. Donal was pulling everything, Bunney was direct and NML had one of his better games. Some of the inter play was a joy to watch.

Blackpool had next to nothing up front and their most enterprising player was, no real suprises, Redshaw when he came on. Still a cracking little player.

Fleetwood and Oldham both appear to have something about them. This lot didn't and they will have to shape up to have any chance.

Poll: DF in or out

An actual Match thread on 18:37 - Apr 16 with 3669 views442Dale

D_Alien tried to fool everyone with his boxing thead.

Watch him, he's cunning.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

An actual Match thread on 18:45 - Apr 16 with 3589 viewsTalkingSutty

First half we overplayed in the final third, trying to be a bit too cocky,we need to cut that out. If we'd have been ruthless we would have been three up at half time.

Second half we took them to the cleaners and made them look what they are, a very poor team. Overall opinion of our performance was pretty good.
An actual Match thread on 18:47 - Apr 16 with 3565 viewsD_Alien

The pitch didn't help us first half. I didn't get to my seat until 10 seconds before kick off - did we have the sprinklers on? Once the rain started the surface was dampened down and we could play our cunning football.

[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 18:49]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

An actual Match thread on 18:59 - Apr 16 with 3474 viewsDaley_Lama

An actual Match thread on 18:37 - Apr 16 by 442Dale

Watch him, he's cunning.

Ah, a subject that immediately switches me off.

Cunning!

An actual Match thread on 19:01 - Apr 16 with 3464 viewsroccydaleian

An actual Match thread on 18:37 - Apr 16 by 442Dale

Watch him, he's cunning.

He's a cunning stunt tbf
Great display again, it was obvious they just turned up not to concede, once they had it was a foregone conclusion UP THE DALE.
An actual Match thread on 19:18 - Apr 16 with 3359 viewsD_Alien

An actual Match thread on 19:01 - Apr 16 by roccydaleian

He's a cunning stunt tbf
Great display again, it was obvious they just turned up not to concede, once they had it was a foregone conclusion UP THE DALE.

Slightly interestingly, they've only conceded one more goal than us. It's failing to score that sees them where they are, and keeping Redshaw on the bench until it's too late isn't a great tactic. I was having a chat with a Blackpool lad walking down Willbutts and he was saying their manager's an idiot. I could only agree.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

An actual Match thread on 19:23 - Apr 16 with 3324 viewsYorkshire_Dale

An actual Match thread on 19:18 - Apr 16 by D_Alien

Slightly interestingly, they've only conceded one more goal than us. It's failing to score that sees them where they are, and keeping Redshaw on the bench until it's too late isn't a great tactic. I was having a chat with a Blackpool lad walking down Willbutts and he was saying their manager's an idiot. I could only agree.

Would we have Redshaw back at Dale...........Certainly!

He did well for them when he came on despite the dissing from Our fans......proper terrier is the little fella.
An actual Match thread on 19:53 - Apr 16 with 3173 viewsfrenzied

Thought we won well without playing particularly well ..better in second half..Blackpool look devoid of any ideas ,pattern or hope..still in with a shout of play offs..i expect the Gills are rocking confidence wise a the moment.we may as well just go for it on Tues they'd settle for a point..then onto Port Vale and that wiil be tricky
Login to get fewer ads

An actual Match thread on 19:56 - Apr 16 with 3154 viewsfirgrovedale51

An actual Match thread on 19:23 - Apr 16 by Yorkshire_Dale

He did well for them when he came on despite the dissing from Our fans......proper terrier is the little fella.

No never horrible little pr*ck
An actual Match thread on 20:29 - Apr 16 with 3030 views_dezzy

In defence of Redshaw, he might be horrible attitude on the pitch, ( the goal celebrations for Morecombe against us ) But I follow him on twitter still. and he is a devoting father on there and a really nice man to on it.

KHBA

An actual Match thread on 20:40 - Apr 16 with 2980 viewsBingoballs

I agree with all of that.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2016 20:43]
An actual Match thread on 21:02 - Apr 16 with 2870 viewsrochedale

Thankfully, for us, Donal misplaces his final ball quite often, if he didn't, we would lose him this summer.

That boy is awesome and will no doubt improve over the summer.

My prediction is that he will be our biggest sale come Christmas this year. The boy has got serious talent and, improvement of that final ball would see him do really well in the championship. IMO the most gifted player we have ever had.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

An actual Match thread on 23:33 - Apr 16 with 2626 viewsYouTubeDale

An actual Match thread on 21:02 - Apr 16 by rochedale

Thankfully, for us, Donal misplaces his final ball quite often, if he didn't, we would lose him this summer.

That boy is awesome and will no doubt improve over the summer.

My prediction is that he will be our biggest sale come Christmas this year. The boy has got serious talent and, improvement of that final ball would see him do really well in the championship. IMO the most gifted player we have ever had.

Donal had to put that shove into his opponent in the second half giving them a free kick. Yes he's a great player but he needs to get that out of his game. In the first half there were about 5 crosses of poor quality -not good enough. Donal put a magnificent ball into the mix for the first goal.

Second half we footballed them to death. We showed our quality. We have spirit in abundance, with players eager to track back. Add to that our quality and organisation to our play we have a delicious mix - one that gives us every chance of putting us in a play-off place, assuming others drop more points.

Oh, and I said before Redshaw came on that I would sign him next season despite his reaction to the Sandy when he scored for Morecambe.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 20:48]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

An actual Match thread on 23:35 - Apr 16 with 2633 viewsDaley_Lama

The 'tracking back' bit caught my eye too.

Blackpool broke from a corner at 3-0 and Joe Bunney ran the length of the pitch to try to block a cross eventually cleared by Allen.

An actual Match thread on 23:58 - Apr 16 with 2572 viewsYorkshire_Dale

An actual Match thread on 23:35 - Apr 16 by Daley_Lama

The 'tracking back' bit caught my eye too.

Blackpool broke from a corner at 3-0 and Joe Bunney ran the length of the pitch to try to block a cross eventually cleared by Allen.

Even Holty did a bit of tracking back.........but it left him up field for our counter attacks....come on Holty! Get fit.
An actual Match thread on 03:54 - Apr 17 with 2452 viewsrochdale1987

I noticed after the game Redshaw was the only Blackpool player to go over to their fans to applaud/thank them, the rest were down the tunnel quicker than you can blink!
An actual Match thread on 08:20 - Apr 17 with 2349 viewsnordenblue

In the place of who?
He's a prick of the biggest order,I wouldn't drop any of our current starting options or even most the subs either for him
An actual Match thread on 08:34 - Apr 17 with 2316 viewsTalkingSutty

An actual Match thread on 08:20 - Apr 17 by nordenblue

In the place of who?
He's a prick of the biggest order,I wouldn't drop any of our current starting options or even most the subs either for him

Attitudes a big thing, it's not all about talent. You want players who put the team first and are not just about themselves, those sort of players cause unrest and hinder team spirit. Redshaw might be a proper team player, but his on field antics make him look a bit of a *rick. Some players can't help it, they can't change their personality. He obviously doesn't like Dale fans
An actual Match thread on 08:38 - Apr 17 with 2306 viewsColDale

I know it doesn't help with his size, but he looked overweight yesterday. He was unlucky at Dale as there wasn't really a place for him once we changed formation after promotion. he could do a job for us now, but we wouldn't be improving as a side if we signed someone like him.

Despite the first half being mostly a non event, i thought there was so much to be pleased with yesterday. Blackpool were awful. Forget the off the field stuff, they came with no interest in trying to win the game. The position they are in should have seen this as a must win game, but it was as if they came hoping to get a goalless draw.

But going 1-0 up, there was no looking back. Could easily have been 5 or 6, and that move between McDermott and Mendez-Laing which nearly saw NML score would have been one of the best team goals in years had it gone in. McDermott was MOTM for me by a million miles. His stamina is definitely improving but he's at the heart of everything that we do.

We had five players yesterday who made their professional debut with us, and they've become good players not just good young players. I don't think Bunney had his best game but its another goal, and could have had a couple more. He's a real threat and I don't think we've had many players over the years to change people's minds like he is doing.

Camps has so impressed me this year. Twelve months ago, I didn't think he would make it. He was the star turn of the youth team that Jamie Allen came from, but I didn't think he would have the work ethic that had seen Allen become a first team regular. But he's absolutely knuckled down and there's nothing luxury about him now. Credit too to Michael Rose. He's been the unsung hero of the turnaround in form, and without him, I don't think we'd see any of the midfield performing the way they are doing.
An actual Match thread on 08:51 - Apr 17 with 2280 viewsTalkingSutty

An actual Match thread on 08:38 - Apr 17 by ColDale

I know it doesn't help with his size, but he looked overweight yesterday. He was unlucky at Dale as there wasn't really a place for him once we changed formation after promotion. he could do a job for us now, but we wouldn't be improving as a side if we signed someone like him.

Despite the first half being mostly a non event, i thought there was so much to be pleased with yesterday. Blackpool were awful. Forget the off the field stuff, they came with no interest in trying to win the game. The position they are in should have seen this as a must win game, but it was as if they came hoping to get a goalless draw.

But going 1-0 up, there was no looking back. Could easily have been 5 or 6, and that move between McDermott and Mendez-Laing which nearly saw NML score would have been one of the best team goals in years had it gone in. McDermott was MOTM for me by a million miles. His stamina is definitely improving but he's at the heart of everything that we do.

We had five players yesterday who made their professional debut with us, and they've become good players not just good young players. I don't think Bunney had his best game but its another goal, and could have had a couple more. He's a real threat and I don't think we've had many players over the years to change people's minds like he is doing.

Camps has so impressed me this year. Twelve months ago, I didn't think he would make it. He was the star turn of the youth team that Jamie Allen came from, but I didn't think he would have the work ethic that had seen Allen become a first team regular. But he's absolutely knuckled down and there's nothing luxury about him now. Credit too to Michael Rose. He's been the unsung hero of the turnaround in form, and without him, I don't think we'd see any of the midfield performing the way they are doing.

I thought Donal was pretty poor during the first half, his final pass was very careless. His free kick for the first goal was a peach though. Second half I agree, he was very good.

Stand out for me yesterday was Jamie Allen, I thought he had a brilliant game and ran the midfield. Well capable of playing in the Championship.
An actual Match thread on 09:00 - Apr 17 with 2265 viewsR17ALE

An actual Match thread on 08:38 - Apr 17 by ColDale

Ever since your infamous "I'm not sure about Lambert" comment, I've always taken your comments about players with the same dosage of salt I reserve for Grimsby fans!

However, you're clawing it back with your view on Camps (442 also take note! "He'll never make it").

He's the only youngster who has visibly stepped up a couple of levels this season for me.

Allen was, and is still brilliant.

Cannon is still a promising prospect.

Tanser?

Bunney is improving but there's still a long way to go, although there's something there.

Diba?

Bell?

I've probably forgotten a couple, and I know developing youngsters is unpredictable, but Camps for me has been a stand out success of this season. I just hope he's got the brains to deal with it.

And Redshaw is a dickhead with no brains. Yet another ex-City youth player who you'd happily slap!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

An actual Match thread on 09:50 - Apr 17 with 2194 viewsColDale

An actual Match thread on 09:00 - Apr 17 by R17ALE

Ever since your infamous "I'm not sure about Lambert" comment, I've always taken your comments about players with the same dosage of salt I reserve for Grimsby fans!

However, you're clawing it back with your view on Camps (442 also take note! "He'll never make it").

He's the only youngster who has visibly stepped up a couple of levels this season for me.

Allen was, and is still brilliant.

Cannon is still a promising prospect.

Tanser?

Bunney is improving but there's still a long way to go, although there's something there.

Diba?

Bell?

I've probably forgotten a couple, and I know developing youngsters is unpredictable, but Camps for me has been a stand out success of this season. I just hope he's got the brains to deal with it.

And Redshaw is a dickhead with no brains. Yet another ex-City youth player who you'd happily slap!

The lad Holt didn't do too bad for us.

I think Cannon is twelve months behind Allen and Camps. We've seen flashes from him and time is certainly on his side. His toughest job will be finding his position. Raff has made the right back role his own and with Allen, Camps, Rose, Lund etc, he'll struggle to get a spot in the midfield. Might do him some good to have a couple of months out on loan next season, just so he can be playing regular. He's got all the ability but he could be held back by the talent that we have.

It's looking like the end of the road for Tanser. I don't know how much injuries have played a part but career wise, he looks to have gone backwards during the past 18 months.

Hasler Cregg seems to have done well at Droyslden. Whether its enough to make it at Dale is another thing but again he's got time on his hands and the rough and tumble of the Conference North will have done him the world of good. I think he'll get another twelve months unlike Bell who again seems to have struggled to progress.
An actual Match thread on 09:53 - Apr 17 with 2183 viewsR17ALE

An actual Match thread on 09:50 - Apr 17 by ColDale

The lad Holt didn't do too bad for us.

I think Cannon is twelve months behind Allen and Camps. We've seen flashes from him and time is certainly on his side. His toughest job will be finding his position. Raff has made the right back role his own and with Allen, Camps, Rose, Lund etc, he'll struggle to get a spot in the midfield. Might do him some good to have a couple of months out on loan next season, just so he can be playing regular. He's got all the ability but he could be held back by the talent that we have.

It's looking like the end of the road for Tanser. I don't know how much injuries have played a part but career wise, he looks to have gone backwards during the past 18 months.

Hasler Cregg seems to have done well at Droyslden. Whether its enough to make it at Dale is another thing but again he's got time on his hands and the rough and tumble of the Conference North will have done him the world of good. I think he'll get another twelve months unlike Bell who again seems to have struggled to progress.

I wasn't one of those at Darlington moaning about Holt I'll have you know!

I was impressed by him from the off!

An actual Match thread on 09:59 - Apr 17 with 2163 viewsTVOS1907

An actual Match thread on 09:53 - Apr 17 by R17ALE

I wasn't one of those at Darlington moaning about Holt I'll have you know!

I was impressed by him from the off!

Aye.

What about that O'Grady chap?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

An actual Match thread on 10:15 - Apr 17 with 2123 viewsR17ALE

An actual Match thread on 09:59 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Aye.

What about that O'Grady chap?

My comments on his debut were taken on board by him and he became another fantastic player!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024