Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall 08:49 - Apr 17 with 1936 viewsLongTimeDaleFan

Hilly Style Football played superbly
Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 10:36 - Apr 17 with 1818 viewsonedalefan

According to the BBC report, we took the lead against the run of play. Did they actually have someone there?
Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 10:40 - Apr 17 with 1807 viewsD_Alien

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 10:36 - Apr 17 by onedalefan

According to the BBC report, we took the lead against the run of play. Did they actually have someone there?

Aye, noticed that too.

They probably went off the possession stats (not sure where they get those from, is it automated?) but they were possibly 49/51 to Blackpool at the time. That's enough for the BBC to make a sound judgement.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 11:07 - Apr 17 with 1750 viewsaleanddale

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 10:36 - Apr 17 by onedalefan

You actually read the BBC report?

Closer 1st half granted but Dale leading 1-0 was deserved IMHO.
Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 11:23 - Apr 17 with 1725 viewstony_roch975

BBC report not wildly off - it's all about small margins. In last 2 months we've had most of the run of the ball (eg Sheff Utd murdered us first half but couldn't finish), so grown in confidence and from confidence comes dominance in attack & defence - Lillis' quality performances especially. Our squad hasn't suddenly got a league better (moving McNulty to left back, bringing in Canavan & Eastham & Holt [for his confidence more than appearances] coincided with that) - so Lancashire, so unfairly maligned on this Board, in that confident side in the last 2 games has not only performed well, yesterday he was the outstanding defender.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 11:36 - Apr 17 with 1691 viewsdawlishdale

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 11:23 - Apr 17 by tony_roch975

BBC report not wildly off - it's all about small margins. In last 2 months we've had most of the run of the ball (eg Sheff Utd murdered us first half but couldn't finish), so grown in confidence and from confidence comes dominance in attack & defence - Lillis' quality performances especially. Our squad hasn't suddenly got a league better (moving McNulty to left back, bringing in Canavan & Eastham & Holt [for his confidence more than appearances] coincided with that) - so Lancashire, so unfairly maligned on this Board, in that confident side in the last 2 games has not only performed well, yesterday he was the outstanding defender.

I thought that the first half was fairly even. we played the better football, whilst they had plenty of the ball without really threatening.
I thought that after the break, we stepped the tempo up a notch, and they were simply not good enough to live with us. we almost seemed to "declare" at 3-0 probably with an eye on Tuesday.
Lancashire did ok yesterday, but it was Eastham who bossed the centre of defence. albeit against a poor attack. Where we mullered Blackpool was in midfield with Allen, Camps Rose & McDermott all having very good games. NML also had a superb afternoon and caused them all manner of problems with his pace.
Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 12:13 - Apr 17 with 1627 viewsParkinsGimp

I thought first half was pretty poor, but Blackpool showed nothing all game. They look dead and buried. Easy victory for us, once we made use of the space they provided. More of the same please. I have been shocked at how poor some of the opposition are in this division this season. But you can only beat whats put in front of you.
Happy to see the S""TSIDERS go the same way as Stockport.
Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 12:19 - Apr 17 with 1614 viewsTVOS1907

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 12:13 - Apr 17 by ParkinsGimp

I thought first half was pretty poor, but Blackpool showed nothing all game. They look dead and buried. Easy victory for us, once we made use of the space they provided. More of the same please. I have been shocked at how poor some of the opposition are in this division this season. But you can only beat whats put in front of you.

Maybe we've made opponents look poor.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 12:23 - Apr 17 with 1598 viewsTalkingSutty

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 12:13 - Apr 17 by ParkinsGimp

I know what you are saying about the opposition but i wonder whether thats because we sometimes take it for granted the quality of our own players. We are making a lot of these teams look pretty average?

Having said all that we are still more than capable of losing to anybody in this league also.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2016 12:25]
Login to get fewer ads

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 13:59 - Apr 17 with 1473 viewstony_roch975

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 11:36 - Apr 17 by dawlishdale

I thought that the first half was fairly even. we played the better football, whilst they had plenty of the ball without really threatening.
I thought that after the break, we stepped the tempo up a notch, and they were simply not good enough to live with us. we almost seemed to "declare" at 3-0 probably with an eye on Tuesday.
Lancashire did ok yesterday, but it was Eastham who bossed the centre of defence. albeit against a poor attack. Where we mullered Blackpool was in midfield with Allen, Camps Rose & McDermott all having very good games. NML also had a superb afternoon and caused them all manner of problems with his pace.

Highlights confirm B/pool had half dozen fair chances in first 30 mins & could have been 1 or even 2 up. The 'Eastham' goal & the JB (miskicked first touch) goal both had some good fortune about them. Don't get me wrong - Dale's attitude under Hill has always been first rate. They're a joy to support. They don't give up, they fight to the end, don't whinge or simulate and when they're given space (by being ahead usually) they play some excellent football and always look to attack; and the current squad have players like Camps & McDermott who can get you off your seat. But on another day we could have been 2-0 down yesterday and likely lost. It's all about fine margins.

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 16:55 - Apr 17 with 1290 viewsseasidedale

thats Oystens aim, I rread somewhere that he said he was going to take them down to non league to get revenge on the fans, what can you say to that? Oysten seems to go out of his way to goad the fans and revell in the discomfort, you have to in a way feel it for blackpool fans, look at us when we have had bad managers
Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 17:57 - Apr 17 with 1215 viewsTalkingSutty

Good First Half Brilliant Second Hall on 16:55 - Apr 17 by seasidedale

thats Oystens aim, I rread somewhere that he said he was going to take them down to non league to get revenge on the fans, what can you say to that? Oysten seems to go out of his way to goad the fans and revell in the discomfort, you have to in a way feel it for blackpool fans, look at us when we have had bad managers

Bad managers are ok because they are never a permanent fixture, it's when you've got badness in the Boardroom that you have a problem. Tommy Cannon aside we have been blessed.

If you have proper fans in the Boardroom (we have) they ensure that nobody will come in and utilise the Club for their own gain. There are plenty of people who would infiltrate if given the chance. I'd be a nightmare if i was involved,i wouldn't trust anybody unless they had the right credentials ...#beenthroughthemill.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024