Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beale's closing down ? 07:32 - May 1 with 5044 viewsmingthemerciless

I was out with my mum yesterday and she told me the Beales store in the town centre is closing down shortly. All the other units in that building are going as well. Anybody else heard that ? Nothing in The Obscurer as usual.
Beale's closing down ? on 07:39 - May 1 with 5032 viewsTalkingSutty

Never heard of it. What are you doing going shopping with your mum on Saturdays? Tell her to go on her own next time.
[Post edited 1 May 2016 7:46]
Beale's closing down ? on 07:45 - May 1 with 5012 viewsroccydaleian

[Post edited 1 May 2016 7:51]
Beale's closing down ? on 07:47 - May 1 with 5002 viewsmingthemerciless

Beale's closing down ? on 07:39 - May 1 by TalkingSutty

Never heard of it. What are you doing going shopping with your mum on Saturdays? Tell her to go on her own next time.
[Post edited 1 May 2016 7:46]

Not shopping , having a drink with her in the Baum. My mum was talking to one of the employees who told her the rents were astronomical considering the circumstances.
[Post edited 1 May 2016 7:53]
Beale's closing down ? on 08:21 - May 1 with 4937 viewsTalkingSutty

Beale's closing down ? on 07:47 - May 1 by mingthemerciless

Not shopping , having a drink with her in the Baum. My mum was talking to one of the employees who told her the rents were astronomical considering the circumstances.
[Post edited 1 May 2016 7:53]

My post was tongue in cheek. Saturday's, Town Centres and mums isn't a great recipe, you've got to admit that. You've got your get out of jail card with the Baum though, one of the only reasons to venture down there.
[Post edited 1 May 2016 8:22]
Beale's closing down ? on 09:31 - May 1 with 4812 viewsKenBoon

Beale's closing down ? on 11:04 - May 1 with 4642 viewsmingthemerciless

Beale's closing down ? on 09:31 - May 1 by KenBoon

That doesn't seem a massive amount to me given the size of the store.
Beale's closing down ? on 11:15 - May 1 with 4598 viewsSuddenLad

The landlords have consistently refused to reduce the rents payable and as a result Beales is closing down this branch.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with Rochdale Council, who don't own the building.

http://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/1/business-news/102672/jobs-to-be-

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Beale's closing down ? on 11:15 - May 1 with 4598 viewsDalenet

Beale's closing down ? on 11:04 - May 1 by mingthemerciless

That doesn't seem a massive amount to me given the size of the store.

Beales right across the UK is struggling. Earlier this year it went into administration whilst it negotiated rent deals with landlords. About a third of its stores are loss making due to high rents. Rates are only part of the story.

Smaller department stores are closing across the country. We have changed how we buy. They haven't changed what they sell or how they sell it. When they bought the shop in Rochdale they said they were excited about the new development plans for the town and expected those to help grow their traffic. Well 5 years later those plans are still just plans. Soon it will be too late. It is still sad that a town the size of Rochdale can't support a small department store
Login to get fewer ads

Beale's closing down ? on 11:39 - May 1 with 4538 viewsD_Alien

Its just going the same way as these stores, and pretty much for the same reasons, biggest one being internet shopping. Nowt to do with "a town the size of Rochdale"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-36148788

Anyone else with a wife/partner who likes trying on clothes bought online then sending them back just for the hell of it?

[Post edited 1 May 2016 11:40]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Beale's closing down ? on 11:47 - May 1 with 4499 viewsMoonyDale

Beale's closing down ? on 11:39 - May 1 by D_Alien

Its just going the same way as these stores, and pretty much for the same reasons, biggest one being internet shopping. Nowt to do with "a town the size of Rochdale"

Anyone else with a wife/partner who likes trying on clothes bought online then sending them back just for the hell of it?

That made me chuckle, happens all the time in our house...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Beale's closing down ? on 13:01 - May 2 with 4181 viewsmingthemerciless

Beale's closing down ? on 11:39 - May 1 by D_Alien

I'm not a big fan of internet shopping myself. I like to see/touch what I'm buying and I couldn't be bothered sending stuff back like that. Luckily Mrs Merciless thinks the same way.
Beale's closing down ? on 18:59 - May 2 with 3996 viewsNinco

Yeah, it was on the Rochdale Online web site that they were shutting down. As for the others shutting down, I think most of them already have.

Makes you wonder who thinks up the ideas. Move the market traders outside in to a load of cold sheds and it will bring people rushing back to the town centre. No it wont. The only way to get them back is to reduce rents to a level where we can fill the shops we have instead of leaving them empty and building more.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024