Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Canavan signs 2 year deal. 12:12 - May 31 with 10841 viewsjav14

Brilliant news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36417882
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:35 - May 31 with 6337 viewsShun

Good news.

No mention of it on our OS yet? Tardy bunch.

Edit: Didn't realise they'd tweeted it already.
[Post edited 31 May 2016 12:38]
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:41 - May 31 with 6292 viewsdalestats

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:35 - May 31 by Shun

Good news.

Leighanne is on holiday as well so it might slow stories down

Poll: Remain in the eu

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:41 - May 31 with 6291 viewstruenorth

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:35 - May 31 by Shun

Good news.

Officially static. Fantastic news.

Poll: BBM or relegation?

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:42 - May 31 with 6283 viewsstigmundo77

Great news, just need another 3 center backs now, preferably another left footer as back up
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:54 - May 31 with 6207 viewsSuddenLad

Last week, someone posted that he'd agreed to join Doncaster. Strange world. Anyway, I'm glad he's signed.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:56 - May 31 with 6195 viewsnordenblue

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:42 - May 31 by stigmundo77

Great news, just need another 3 center backs now, preferably another left footer as back up

Another 3? You've got Jim and Tanser that could also step in I'm guessing he'll bring in def another 1 possibly 2 max
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:56 - May 31 with 6185 viewsdingdangblue

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 12:54 - May 31 by SuddenLad

Last week, someone posted that he'd agreed to join Doncaster. Strange world. Anyway, I'm glad he's signed.

Didn't even think to check that story! Just assumed he'd gone Donny!
Still need another.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 13:00 - May 31 with 6166 viewsboromat

Definitely need one right footed centre half maybe 2

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 13:00 - May 31 with 6166 viewsstigmundo77

Can see Tanser and Mcnulty playing left back , would make sense to get another experienced right footer and another lefty as back up to me
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 13:01 - May 31 with 6161 viewsSandyman

Positive news - Excellent!!
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 13:01 - May 31 with 6147 viewsnordenblue

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 13:00 - May 31 by stigmundo77

Can see Tanser and Mcnulty playing left back , would make sense to get another experienced right footer and another lefty as back up to me

So another 2 not 3?
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 13:04 - May 31 with 6132 viewsD_Alien

Really pleased with this, and considerably eases the task of rebuilding our defence for next season.

If he'd signed for Donny (as was posted by that tool upthedale89) it would've shown a considerable lack of ambition to be moving down a division, even for more money. I wonder if the strings on Hilly's budget have been loosened a little?
[Post edited 31 May 2016 13:12]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 13:13 - May 31 with 6093 viewsstigmundo77

Personally I'd like another 3 proper center backs , deffo another left footer

but would be happy with 2
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 13:25 - May 31 with 6026 viewsrich_dale

Thnk that will tie up the left side - Canavan and McNulty can share duties and Tanser can step in if needed. Priority will be the other side now, we have zero options there at present.
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 14:16 - May 31 with 5855 viewsseasidedale

Raff centre back, Lund right back?
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 14:25 - May 31 with 5820 viewsSaxonDale

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 14:16 - May 31 by seasidedale

Raff right back, Lund centre mid.

A solid signing, the best thing he brings to the team is his no-nonsense style and it's important that Hill lets him continue playing this way. We've seen some good League 1 defenders (McArdle for example has shown he is one at Bradford) become almost non league defenders because they become too involved in trying to be good ball players. Let the defenders concentrate on defending, with Allen and Andrew we have two of the best outlets in the league to help the likes of Canavan out.
[Post edited 31 May 2016 16:36]
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 14:32 - May 31 with 5797 viewsrich_dale

Just to clarify was talking about CB positions, not full backs. Wouldn't put Raff in the CB bracket.
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 15:26 - May 31 with 5645 viewsdingdangblue

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 13:04 - May 31 by D_Alien

Really pleased with this, and considerably eases the task of rebuilding our defence for next season.

If he'd signed for Donny (as was posted by that tool upthedale89) it would've shown a considerable lack of ambition to be moving down a division, even for more money. I wonder if the strings on Hilly's budget have been loosened a little?
[Post edited 31 May 2016 13:12]

Tool?
Is there any need?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 15:46 - May 31 with 5591 viewsChaffRAFC

Pleased with this. Did well for us on loan, hopefully can continue that on a permanent basis. Still need another couple of centre backs or a left back now that Kennedy has gone. Tanser played very little last season, most of it due to injury admittedly but he didn't seem to fit very well last season. A real quality centre half to partner Canavan is essential, we'd have a very strong back line with that but little in the way of back up so would certainly be looking at at least another centre half on top of Canavan and a new partner.

Also think we need a defensive midfielder and a striker at the very least.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 16:03 - May 31 with 5527 viewsTalkingSutty

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 14:16 - May 31 by seasidedale

I take it that's a windup? Little Raff playing Centre half winning all those towering headers/ bullying the centre forwards etc and Lund one of our most talented midfielders being taken out of the role where he can make the team tick and being played at right back? Rafferty showed great improvement at right back last season, he doesn't need messing about. McNulty also needs leaving at left back. Tanser needs to show he's worthy of a starting place because he didn't manage to achieve that last year, I don't see how he now automatically warrants a starting place because we're short of numbers. He needs to win his place back by impressing the manager.

You couldn't make it up. it's on a par with those who think BBM can slot in at centre half. I'm still waiting for that suggestion to make an appearance, there's time yet.
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 16:35 - May 31 with 5435 viewsColDale

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 16:03 - May 31 by TalkingSutty

I take it that's a windup? Little Raff playing Centre half winning all those towering headers/ bullying the centre forwards etc and Lund one of our most talented midfielders being taken out of the role where he can make the team tick and being played at right back? Rafferty showed great improvement at right back last season, he doesn't need messing about. McNulty also needs leaving at left back. Tanser needs to show he's worthy of a starting place because he didn't manage to achieve that last year, I don't see how he now automatically warrants a starting place because we're short of numbers. He needs to win his place back by impressing the manager.

You couldn't make it up. it's on a par with those who think BBM can slot in at centre half. I'm still waiting for that suggestion to make an appearance, there's time yet.

The Irish Pirlo can play wherever he likes

Quietly pleased about this. We upped our game defensively when we signed Canavan, but I do have concerns about his injuries. Hopefully, our preseason will sort him out.
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 17:22 - May 31 with 5313 viewsTalkingSutty

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 16:35 - May 31 by ColDale

The Irish Pirlo can play wherever he likes

Quietly pleased about this. We upped our game defensively when we signed Canavan, but I do have concerns about his injuries. Hopefully, our preseason will sort him out.

Agree regarding the injury concerns. You know I've never been BBMs biggest fan even when he was young enough to command a place in the starting eleven,but jesting aside I've heard some very good things about him in his current role as a coach. Maybe he could be a future Dale manager further along the line? I wouldn't have a problem with that if he was deemed worthy.
[Post edited 31 May 2016 17:40]
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 17:36 - May 31 with 5250 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 17:22 - May 31 by TalkingSutty

Agree regarding the injury concerns. You know I've never been BBMs biggest fan even when he was young enough to command a place in the starting eleven,but jesting aside I've heard some very good things about him in his current role as a coach. Maybe he could be a future Dale manager further along the line? I wouldn't have a problem with that if he was deemed worthy.
[Post edited 31 May 2016 17:40]

Moi aussi..........he's a big unit,and when he gets an injury there is a lot to recover.
Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 17:49 - May 31 with 5205 viewsD_Alien

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 15:26 - May 31 by dingdangblue

Tool?
Is there any need?

Yes, there is.

We've been here before, so not prepared to discuss disloyalty in the workplace again.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 18:00 - May 31 with 5160 viewsAtThePeake

Canavan signs 2 year deal. on 16:03 - May 31 by TalkingSutty

Being 'little' doesn't necessarily mean you can't play centre back. Carles Puyol? Fabio Cannavaro?

Tangled up in blue.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024