Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Crown Oil Arena 06:11 - Aug 5 with 10077 viewsrochedale

great news....

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-reco

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

The Crown Oil Arena on 10:19 - Aug 5 with 3493 viewsroccydaleian

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:23 - Aug 5 by _dezzy

Didn't Fans on here laugh at Bury and Oldham for the changing the names of their grounds.

We can all call it what we want Dezzy, the main thing is on't radio and telly it'll be called the Crown Oil Arena, and they're stumping up money for it. Cracking deal imo.
The Crown Oil Arena on 10:45 - Aug 5 with 3406 viewsraadale

I don't care as long as we play some SLICK football there.. :)
The Crown Oil Arena on 11:25 - Aug 5 with 3326 viewsdeeplishblue

The next time I buy oil I am definitely buying it from crown oil.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

The Crown Oil Arena on 13:00 - Aug 5 with 3110 views1907

I couldn't care less what the ground is called. This is massive for us. This a revenue stream that we could only have believed of this time last season. You can bet your bottom dollar the directors have gotten us the best possible deal available to us, because that's what they do. This is fantastic news and combined with the Carlsberg news yesterday it is amazing. What a time to be a Rochdale fan.
The Crown Oil Arena on 13:05 - Aug 5 with 3099 views442Dale

The Crown Oil Arena on 13:00 - Aug 5 by 1907

I couldn't care less what the ground is called. This is massive for us. This a revenue stream that we could only have believed of this time last season. You can bet your bottom dollar the directors have gotten us the best possible deal available to us, because that's what they do. This is fantastic news and combined with the Carlsberg news yesterday it is amazing. What a time to be a Rochdale fan.

It is indeed great news. It's maybe a missed opportunity with it being possibly in the pipeline for the last few months that any potential deal could have been taken into account when deciding on ticket prices and thus passing on the benefits to supporters. A bit of a gamble, but one worth taking?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Crown Oil Arena on 13:24 - Aug 5 with 3028 views1907

Just listened to Frances' interview and it was a joy to behold. Have we ever had so much positivity and fantastic results in respect to our commercial department. I just hope all this can tie in with doing something to get more people through the gates. I know it's the age old problem but let's hope that we have something in the pipeline and we can finally increase attendances.
The Crown Oil Arena on 13:33 - Aug 5 with 3008 viewsD_Alien

The Crown Oil Arena on 13:24 - Aug 5 by 1907

Just listened to Frances' interview and it was a joy to behold. Have we ever had so much positivity and fantastic results in respect to our commercial department. I just hope all this can tie in with doing something to get more people through the gates. I know it's the age old problem but let's hope that we have something in the pipeline and we can finally increase attendances.

It's never too late.

If the gate tomorrow is well below the 3000 mark, that has got to spur the club into action. There's never any shortage of ideas on this messageboard about trying to attract fans, new and old, but the professionals shouldn't be short of fresh marketing ideas either, especially those who've recently joined the Dale and not encumbered by the awful attitudes towards fans that we've witnessed in the last few years.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

The Crown Oil Arena on 13:51 - Aug 5 with 2949 viewsfermin

The Crown Oil Arena on 13:24 - Aug 5 by 1907

I agree - a very good interview. Picking on a point on another thread about the tiredness of the executive areas, she did say that they have started a refurbishment of the hospitality suites and the executive lounge , all 12 executive boxes have been refurbished and they will be moving on to the main lounge and main entrance. Perhaps mainstanders could have a look and report back? I presume some of this at least must have been visible during the fans' forum.
Login to get fewer ads

The Crown Oil Arena on 14:49 - Aug 5 with 2834 viewsDaleiLama

Probably the best pint to be had at the ground now too?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Crown Oil Arena on 15:37 - Aug 5 with 2718 viewsTalkingSutty

The Crown Oil Arena on 09:15 - Aug 5 by _dezzy

Am I the only one who doesn't like the name change, Ok we have got money to do it> But I am a traditionalist and will still call it Spotland, like I do still with Sandy , willbuts and Pearl st ends

I like the name, the first think that springs to mind is 'Dallas' or Beverley Hill Billy's..' Texas Gold'. The new name makes us sound as though we are rolling in it and have struck oil!!

Congratulations to the Chairman and Directors,and I like saying that because they've had a bit of a rough time over the ST pricing plans for the coming season. Like i said previously, whether we agree with those decisions or not there's no doubt they are done with the best intentions.

Thank you to Crown Oil, I have never met any of the people involved but there's no doubt they've backed the Club over the last few years and shown great commitment by signing up for 5 years. Very happy with this news, the longevity of the Club is more important than any individuals or little spats that occur from time to time.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2016 16:43]
The Crown Oil Arena on 15:38 - Aug 5 with 2711 viewslurker

Great news on the sponsorship although it should be the Crown Oil Stadium as, by definition, an arena is a playing surface surrounded by continuous seating. I am sure some bucket will be along soon enough to remind us that we have no corners in our ground and a cow shed with no seats on one end.

I sincerely hope that there is a change of focus from the club to draw fans back to the stadium (arena?) as a result of the good commercial news recently - in fact, I would imagine that the sponsor would demand it as there is no point sponsoring an empty stadium. I just fear that the security of this sponsorship and the financial investment could lead to an even more laissez faire attitude to fair pricing and increasing attendance and the focus will be mainly on corporate attendees.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2016 15:39]
The Crown Oil Arena on 17:27 - Aug 5 with 2485 viewsjudd

The Crown Oil Arena on 15:38 - Aug 5 by lurker

Great news on the sponsorship although it should be the Crown Oil Stadium as, by definition, an arena is a playing surface surrounded by continuous seating. I am sure some bucket will be along soon enough to remind us that we have no corners in our ground and a cow shed with no seats on one end.

I sincerely hope that there is a change of focus from the club to draw fans back to the stadium (arena?) as a result of the good commercial news recently - in fact, I would imagine that the sponsor would demand it as there is no point sponsoring an empty stadium. I just fear that the security of this sponsorship and the financial investment could lead to an even more laissez faire attitude to fair pricing and increasing attendance and the focus will be mainly on corporate attendees.
[Post edited 5 Aug 2016 15:39]

Stadium sponsors & Studds lounge sponsors = Crown Well Oiled

Poll: What is it to be then?

The Crown Oil Arena on 17:39 - Aug 5 with 2455 viewsPorlicks

"We recently launched our environmental services division to help UK businesses keep up to date and adhere to environmental laws and regulations whilst maintaining their...." profits?

I jest. It's great news that we are making money from this.

Oh, an arena does suggest a certain oval-shape these days, but we can work on that later. Let's get the money first.

Who are YOU with?

The Crown Oil Arena on 19:52 - Aug 5 with 2272 viewsDaleView

The Crown Oil Arena on 07:10 - Aug 5 by DomDale

Are we changing the program name to TVOTCOA?

TVOS could now be replaced by EFTOC "Echos from the Oil Can"
Any improvements on that?
The Crown Oil Arena on 20:51 - Aug 5 with 2181 viewssince58

The Crown Oil Arena on 19:52 - Aug 5 by DaleView

WOVOS
Well Oiled Voice Of Spotland.
The Crown Oil Arena on 20:57 - Aug 5 with 2046 viewsroccydaleian

The Crown Oil Arena on 19:52 - Aug 5 by DaleView