Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not having a season ticket 22:00 - Aug 22 with 5600 viewsmeeee

Been a season ticket holder for 14 years and followed Rochdale home and away but couldn't afford one this year so I decided I was going to pick and choose games but I haven't missed going to the football that much. I know it helps to not go when we are losing but my first game is coming up that I said that I was going to pay on the day for at the start of the season but I'm not sure I can be bothered going. I know its early doors but it's been a lot easier then I thought it would be to get out of the routine of going to the football on a Saturday. I know this probably makes me a bit of a rubbish fan but it's just how I feel at the moment. Can anyone else who hasn't got a season ticket relate to this?
[Post edited 22 Aug 2016 22:09]
Not having a season ticket on 22:39 - Aug 22 with 3936 viewsdingdangblue

This is why season ticket sales are so important. When the prices were revealed and no early bird offer announced - loads of people stated (myself included) that there were games last season that wouldn't have been attended had it not been for having a season ticket. Even though we've played well in both home games its now being perceived by people who haven't attended that they've made a good choice not attending because of the result. Its a very worrying stance - do they start coming again this Saturday? Or wait till we've won again?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Not having a season ticket on 22:58 - Aug 22 with 3901 viewsD_Alien

No need for anyone to feel bad about whether or not they decide to watch Dale. You can certainly ignore the idiots who make statements about being a better fan - such statements are pretty meaningless really, because everyone has different circumstances and priorities.

Of course, we'd all like anyone who has the means and the slightest inclination to turn up on matchdays, and I'd encourage you to do so when you're able to, but we should all respect each others choices in this matter. The club make choices too, and they should think carefully after reading posts like yours - I'm sure it will be read by someone with influence at the club.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Not having a season ticket on 23:36 - Aug 22 with 3831 viewsDaleFan7

People will call you but at the end of the day the club has and is continuing to push it's loyal fans away whilst attracting virtually no new ones. I didn't buy a season ticket either for the first time in a very long time and though I've been to all the home games, more out of habit and with family more than anything, when it comes to the cold Tuesday night games when it's pissing it down or something else pops up, I can't see it being hard for me to turn away either. Which is quite sad for a club I've supported for more than 20 years.
Not having a season ticket on 00:46 - Aug 23 with 3769 viewsSandyman

I've not got a season ticket for the first time in 20 years solely because of the pricing fiasco, no other reason. As Meeee said at the start, it's remarkably easy to get out of the habit of going, and I haven't had any feelings of regret for not being there. Not been to a game at Spotland since April and will pick and choose the odd game to pay on the gate as the season goes on.
Not having a season ticket on 01:10 - Aug 23 with 3740 viewsflyerdale

Im in a similar situation where I now decide to work instead of making the trip up to Spotland due to me not having a season ticket. Not missing it one bit either . I will come to some games but not anywhere near as many as I have in the past. I probably would have shelled out the money for a ST if the price had remained around the same as I paid on the previous years discounted price but with the club creating a stink with how they handled things I decided my money is better off used elsewhere. Ive not felt as detached from the club as I currently do, dont get me wrong I still support and love the club but feel devalued at the moment.
Not having a season ticket on 01:53 - Aug 23 with 3715 viewsShun

Absolutely no fan-shaming here, but I'd wholeheartedly urge you to go to whichever game it is you're debating. There's an element of negativity on this board lately that I don't believe is reflected inside Spotland - certainly not in the area I stand, and certainly not on the pitch - we've actually played a lot better than results suggest. Saturday was the most entertaining loss I can remember seeing, a game played with plenty of chances on either side. Indeed, if both goalkeepers hadn't been doing their best impressions of Street Fighter's Dhalsim then we could've been looking at a 3-3 draw.

I hope I'm not alone in expressing views like this, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this season so far. The fact that I do believe we're steadily establishing ourselves as a good League One team (fears of relegation begone), one that continues to play with Rochdale-produced talent (and in our own stadium no less) is such a source of pride and gladness to me.

We may have a terrible record of dealing with set pieces - we did this time last year too. We may have to witness some bewlidering line-ups - lord knows we have done innumerable times in the past under Hill. Again, there's absolutely no fan-shaming here, but I urge you to disregard any negativity you may have discerned from here or elsewhere and see how easy (or not) you find it to get back into the habit of visiting Spotland and give this season a go.
Not having a season ticket on 05:49 - Aug 23 with 3671 viewsDiddyDave

But surely,paying to watch the game,whether season ticket or on the day,is each person`s way of helping the survival of the club,that`s why people are called supporters isn`t it? I must confess that living so far away has me completely ignorant of the politics in the increase of a season ticket and the none saving if the purchase is made by a certain point as it has been for a long time previously. It does seem silly not to keep the status quo and I can quite understand the general ill feeling,but staying away won`t do Dale any good for a number of reasons will it?
Not having a season ticket on 06:55 - Aug 23 with 3637 viewsDaley_Lama

Bunch of lily-livered fairweather quitters.

(Well, nobody else had said nowt!)

Poll: DF in or out

Login to get fewer ads

Not having a season ticket on 07:04 - Aug 23 with 3623 viewsaleanddale

Not having a season ticket on 01:53 - Aug 23 by Shun

Absolutely no fan-shaming here, but I'd wholeheartedly urge you to go to whichever game it is you're debating. There's an element of negativity on this board lately that I don't believe is reflected inside Spotland - certainly not in the area I stand, and certainly not on the pitch - we've actually played a lot better than results suggest. Saturday was the most entertaining loss I can remember seeing, a game played with plenty of chances on either side. Indeed, if both goalkeepers hadn't been doing their best impressions of Street Fighter's Dhalsim then we could've been looking at a 3-3 draw.

I hope I'm not alone in expressing views like this, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this season so far. The fact that I do believe we're steadily establishing ourselves as a good League One team (fears of relegation begone), one that continues to play with Rochdale-produced talent (and in our own stadium no less) is such a source of pride and gladness to me.

We may have a terrible record of dealing with set pieces - we did this time last year too. We may have to witness some bewlidering line-ups - lord knows we have done innumerable times in the past under Hill. Again, there's absolutely no fan-shaming here, but I urge you to disregard any negativity you may have discerned from here or elsewhere and see how easy (or not) you find it to get back into the habit of visiting Spotland and give this season a go.

Thanks Shun.... This.

As the kids say.
Not having a season ticket on 07:19 - Aug 23 with 3602 viewsDomDale

First season without a ST in what I think is 5 years for me. Various reasons for not renewing. Interestingly I'm sure I didn't receive a standard letter/email to chase me to renew this season. It's as if they knew I wouldn't. I'll still go to 10-15 home matches a year and various away games. So far I've been to Peterborough at home and Sheffield Utd away. Decided against MK at home fairly last minute. I'm already seeing that it's easy to get out of the habit of attending every week and tbf MK Dons at home isn't the most attractive fixture. This is why ST sales are so important. Having to physically pull £20 out of my wallet at the turnstiles is more difficult than ripping off a slip of paper from a book. I've thought for a while I prefer the atmosphere and general day out for an away game so wouldn't be more surprised if I spend more this season on away games than home.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Not having a season ticket on 07:29 - Aug 23 with 3585 viewsroccydaleian

Not having a season ticket on 01:53 - Aug 23 by Shun

Well Shun, the negativity on this board held by some is definitely reflected to by the people I know and talk to pre match. The ST debacle has been a shambles this season no matter how they try and sugar coat it IMO and looks like it's now already affecting revenue with smaller crowds. The two home defeats have been decent games to watch, but to say Saturday's loss was really entertaining is a taking it a bit to far, the first half was poor. The players shouldn't be negative either, they probably haven't got a clue what's going on off the pitch. We need to get some wins at home now, otherwise some of this seasons non ST renewers might not come back for a while.
Not having a season ticket on 09:06 - Aug 23 with 3457 viewsscarrow

Not having a season ticket on 07:29 - Aug 23 by roccydaleian

Well Shun, the negativity on this board held by some is definitely reflected to by the people I know and talk to pre match. The ST debacle has been a shambles this season no matter how they try and sugar coat it IMO and looks like it's now already affecting revenue with smaller crowds. The two home defeats have been decent games to watch, but to say Saturday's loss was really entertaining is a taking it a bit to far, the first half was poor. The players shouldn't be negative either, they probably haven't got a clue what's going on off the pitch. We need to get some wins at home now, otherwise some of this seasons non ST renewers might not come back for a while.

I fully understand why renewals weren't made because the st situation has been a fiasco. I for one haven't seen any more youngsters at the games either. Some very good PR work is going to be needed by the new chief exec to win alienated supporters back over. less said the better though about people who don't go on seeing a team sheet.

Poll: Final position

Not having a season ticket on 09:38 - Aug 23 with 3389 viewsJimmyRustler

Aside from securing the stadium (which I concede is a big step but it's no use if we can't get people through the turnstiles), I'm still of the opinion that we haven't progressed much off the pitch in the last 5/10 years. The last time there was a feeling of disconnect like this (Coleman era), we created the Team Rochdale brand but all the goodwill felt by this has been virtually eradicated by the shameful ST fiasco. Our team has got markedly better in recent times and the players now are no doubt of a higher quality than we've probably ever had but off the pitch we're still run like a League 2 outfit. This small club mentality that Hill was so keen to make people forget about has never really changed due to the amateurish way a lot of things get handled. It also doesn't help when the manager himself comes out with stupid statements about how much we're punching above our weight etc. Something needs to change drastically because once fans are gone, it's extremely hard to attract them back and the amount of people saying that they don't miss it speaks volumes for me.
Not having a season ticket on 09:48 - Aug 23 with 3362 viewschalkyncfc

I wouldn't go down to Meadow Lane so much if I didn't have a ST,I know that its an expensive layout when you first purchase it but it makes an inexpensive day out once you have,a couple of pints,a burger and a go on the 50/50 all for a tethis plus the game to watch
Unfortunately clubs see the fans as cash cows,they know that a vast majority will still go down because its in their blood,its not as though you think I will start to watch Bury now because Dale arent doing well,no you stick it out through thick and thin and the clubs obviously know this and doubt they are that worried about a few lost ST sales
Not having a season ticket on 09:59 - Aug 23 with 3331 viewsdawlishdale

I haven't renewed for the first time in about 15 years.

I have not had any contact from the club.

There are dozens (possibly hundreds) of supporters in the Sandy and the Main Stand (not been in the TDS this season) who feel very angry at what the club has done with the ST prices. Many of them did renew though...but their goodwill has been lost. I know at least five lifelong fans who have simply stopped coming at all.

The Directors really need to understand how badly their decisions regarding pricing have gone down with supporters. At the moment; I don't think they have a clue...or worse; they are choosing to ignore the situation.
Not having a season ticket on 10:03 - Aug 23 with 3310 views442Dale

Not having a season ticket on 09:48 - Aug 23 by chalkyncfc

I wouldn't go down to Meadow Lane so much if I didn't have a ST,I know that its an expensive layout when you first purchase it but it makes an inexpensive day out once you have,a couple of pints,a burger and a go on the 50/50 all for a tethis plus the game to watch
Unfortunately clubs see the fans as cash cows,they know that a vast majority will still go down because its in their blood,its not as though you think I will start to watch Bury now because Dale arent doing well,no you stick it out through thick and thin and the clubs obviously know this and doubt they are that worried about a few lost ST sales

Go and read the 'Today's crowd?' thread. It will give you plenty of information around why they should be worried.

Less than 2000 home fans on a Saturday, only the second home game since the issue arose.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Not having a season ticket on 10:30 - Aug 23 with 3248 views442Dale

Not having a season ticket on 09:59 - Aug 23 by dawlishdale

I haven't renewed for the first time in about 15 years.

I have not had any contact from the club.

There are dozens (possibly hundreds) of supporters in the Sandy and the Main Stand (not been in the TDS this season) who feel very angry at what the club has done with the ST prices. Many of them did renew though...but their goodwill has been lost. I know at least five lifelong fans who have simply stopped coming at all.

The Directors really need to understand how badly their decisions regarding pricing have gone down with supporters. At the moment; I don't think they have a clue...or worse; they are choosing to ignore the situation.

Could anyone from the Trust confirm when their next meeting is with the club and whether the situation is on the agenda?

This has always been an effective route for members and supporters to get their questions and thoughts to the club in an official capacity.

Not having a season ticket on 10:32 - Aug 23 with 3240 viewsColDale

Not having a season ticket on 10:30 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

Could anyone from the Trust confirm when their next meeting is with the club and whether the situation is on the agenda?

This has always been an effective route for members and supporters to get their questions and thoughts to the club in an official capacity.

should be one planned before end of Sept

Trust meeting tomorrow as advertised on the website. It will be discussed amongst other things.
Not having a season ticket on 10:41 - Aug 23 with 3216 viewschalkyncfc

Not having a season ticket on 10:03 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

Go and read the 'Today's crowd?' thread. It will give you plenty of information around why they should be worried.

Less than 2000 home fans on a Saturday, only the second home game since the issue arose.

That's an interesting read,I didn't realise that the cut was so deep,2000 home fans for the first game of the season after a reasonable finish to last season isn't good,it will be interesting to see how many go down on a cold January night after an expensive Christmas
Not having a season ticket on 10:47 - Aug 23 with 3194 viewshxdale

Me also, been priced out of a season ticket, with no incentives either. Used to really look forward to going to Saturdays, and the Tuesday matches. Had other commitments for the last 2 Saturdays, and to honest haven't missed going.. Can find other ways of spending my money on...
Not having a season ticket on 16:04 - Aug 23 with 2889 viewsmikehunt

I think the bottom line is that there might not be any games to pick and choose from if the Club's support continues to shrivel.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Not having a season ticket on 16:26 - Aug 23 with 2860 viewsDaleFan7

Not having a season ticket on 16:04 - Aug 23 by mikehunt

I think the bottom line is that there might not be any games to pick and choose from if the Club's support continues to shrivel.

The club seem blind to this fact and it's up to them to rectify it.
Not having a season ticket on 17:11 - Aug 23 with 2801 views442Dale

Not having a season ticket on 16:26 - Aug 23 by DaleFan7

The club seem blind to this fact and it's up to them to rectify it.

It'd be very disappointing if they don't do something ahead of the Wimbledon home game. If there aren't board members reading this genuine expression of feeling from the fanbase it'd be very surprising. To read it and do nothing would be even worse.

Not having a season ticket on 17:16 - Aug 23 with 2788 viewsisitme

Not having a season ticket on 17:11 - Aug 23 by 442Dale

It'd be very disappointing if they don't do something ahead of the Wimbledon home game. If there aren't board members reading this genuine expression of feeling from the fanbase it'd be very surprising. To read it and do nothing would be even worse.

What do you mean by 'do something'? Reduce admission prices as a one off game? Get Karen Dancuzk to make a public appearance?
Not having a season ticket on 17:20 - Aug 23 with 2774 views442Dale

Not having a season ticket on 17:16 - Aug 23 by isitme

What do you mean by 'do something'? Reduce admission prices as a one off game? Get Karen Dancuzk to make a public appearance?

Acknowledge the strength of feeling. There are ideas in the other thread about how this can be done.

It's not hard.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024