Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yes I am going to ask that question 23:50 - Aug 27 with 3704 viewsJimlidale

So is it time for Dale and Hill to go separate ways?
Who would be the ideal replacement
(I say stick with him personally)
Yes I am going to ask that question on 23:51 - Aug 27 with 3698 viewsAlwaysADale

I don't see why the question need asking.

It's a no, they shouldn't go separate ways.
Yes I am going to ask that question on 23:54 - Aug 27 with 3683 viewssweetcorn

My Mongy-sense is tingling.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Yes I am going to ask that question on 23:58 - Aug 27 with 3668 viewsJimlidale

I just asked the question because of negative comments made recently.
(I take it I am being called a mong cheers for that)
Yes I am going to ask that question on 00:08 - Aug 28 with 3653 viewsYouTubeDale

Hilly has a very very long rope at the Dale which to hang himself. It's very early in the season and we haven't lost by more than one goal and that stat tells a tale. The question being asked is laughable. There is no need to panic. We should keep positive and keep together, holding firm. We are falling into the trap of magnifying 20% which is wrong but ignoring the 80% which is right.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 0:13]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Yes I am going to ask that question on 00:12 - Aug 28 with 3636 viewsJimlidale

Sorry I didn't see the previous thread where someone else has asked the same question.
Yes I am going to ask that question on 08:44 - Aug 28 with 3424 viewsRooleyblue

Yes I am going to ask that question on 00:12 - Aug 28 by Jimlidale

Sorry I didn't see the previous thread where someone else has asked the same question.

Jimlidale, I wouldn't apologise for asking a question (whether it's been asked before or not) I am of belief this board was set up by some very dedicated Dale fans as a fans forum where Dale fans of all ages, male or female could discuss their views or give their opinions on all things Dale related.
I don't post on here much, but read it every day as a Dale supporter/fan as I expect many people do and I would imagine more people read the board than post on it.
On being more of a reader than poster what i don't like to read is when someone posts something that they disagree with then they go on the attack by insulting the poster or their views with insults like 'mong' or 'mong warning'.
It is the equivalent of when people discussed immigration during the referendum they were called 'racist', they do this in order to shut down the conversation or make you feel small.
I hope you carry on asking questions as it creates debate and with debate sometimes you get answers or ideas.
If posters disagree with another poster why not engage with them in debate or conversation without the need for name calling or trying to belittle them, for me this would encourage more readers to post which would inturn create a better read and board.
Before I finish, I would like to add that I enjoy some of the posts/topics on here until it turns into an insult fest.
To those posters who post a lot, thank you, I read them every day.
To those posters who post a lot with the need to insult, please think as the poster may be posting for the first (and last if insulted) time and the more people who are encouraged to contribute the better the board.
Yes I am going to ask that question on 09:09 - Aug 28 with 3351 viewsdale1968

Nothing wrong with the question at all.
Keith Hill has bought us many fantastic players and memories over the years.
He is without question the greatest Dale Manager ever but certain things he does and says really p many people off and I think that is the issue here.
He is too arrogant at times and that comes over every time he does an interview.
Some of his signings recently certainly beggar belief and I think that the board are to blame for that by not making substantial funds available to sign the 3 or 4 players of quality that we so obviously need to strengthen the squad.
So in answer to the OQ
No but I would like to see the board allow him to dip into the Market Place.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Yes I am going to ask that question on 09:20 - Aug 28 with 3310 viewselectricblue

But the Dale Board are not known for spending...
There are times where you cannot just rely upon the bargain basement season after season...
Dale really need to start buying the odd player or two to improve the squad......

My question is does hill want to spend though......

Its either spend on buying players or offer better money for wages to some players on a free.....
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 9:22]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Login to get fewer ads

Yes I am going to ask that question on 09:27 - Aug 28 with 3284 viewsTalkingSutty

The only reason for Hill to leave the Club would be if he decides he's had enough. If he retains his enthusiasm and drive to keep pushing the team forward then he stays, even a relegation would be stomached if supporters could see a man who was striving to keep improving us.

I don't think Hill will ever be sacked, it won't come to that. It's only his recent signings/ attempts at signings that have made me question his hunger and desire and I don't think that's unreasonable to think like that. Thompson, RNL and Holness are not good enough to play in League Two never mind League One and that's the gist of the matter. Coaching Badges are not needed to see that they won't improve the squad and provide competition for places.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2016 11:50]
Yes I am going to ask that question on 09:28 - Aug 28 with 3282 viewsdale1968

Agree the board have done a fantastic job making this club what it is now, and yes they have provided funds in the past to sign some great players like COG etc:
However with the club in a healthy position surely it makes good business sense to buy rather than loan or keeping trying to fix broken toys.
If we are to progress at this level a little bit of investment surely wont damage the club or its finances?

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Yes I am going to ask that question on 14:22 - Aug 28 with 3037 viewssandy_dale

Yes I am going to ask that question on 23:58 - Aug 27 by Jimlidale

I just asked the question because of negative comments made recently.
(I take it I am being called a mong cheers for that)

Don't worry, owd Dave only tends to pipe up when it's to verbally abuse someone or something. Lovely bloke he is.
Yes I am going to ask that question on 14:26 - Aug 28 with 3026 viewsDaleFan7

Yes I am going to ask that question on 23:54 - Aug 27 by sweetcorn

My Mongy-sense is tingling.

I guess it's always tingling though tbf...
Yes I am going to ask that question on 16:30 - Aug 28 with 2877 viewsborntogo

Yes I am going to ask that question on 08:44 - Aug 28 by Rooleyblue

Jimlidale, I wouldn't apologise for asking a question (whether it's been asked before or not) I am of belief this board was set up by some very dedicated Dale fans as a fans forum where Dale fans of all ages, male or female could discuss their views or give their opinions on all things Dale related.
I don't post on here much, but read it every day as a Dale supporter/fan as I expect many people do and I would imagine more people read the board than post on it.
On being more of a reader than poster what i don't like to read is when someone posts something that they disagree with then they go on the attack by insulting the poster or their views with insults like 'mong' or 'mong warning'.
It is the equivalent of when people discussed immigration during the referendum they were called 'racist', they do this in order to shut down the conversation or make you feel small.
I hope you carry on asking questions as it creates debate and with debate sometimes you get answers or ideas.
If posters disagree with another poster why not engage with them in debate or conversation without the need for name calling or trying to belittle them, for me this would encourage more readers to post which would inturn create a better read and board.
Before I finish, I would like to add that I enjoy some of the posts/topics on here until it turns into an insult fest.
To those posters who post a lot with the need to insult, please think as the poster may be posting for the first (and last if insulted) time and the more people who are encouraged to contribute the better the board.

This pretty much sums up my feelings about posting on this board. I think I was called a Mong last week and, before that, a WUM, for stating my genuinely-held beliefs. Also, in a couple of earlier posts, I said I was a fan of Bastien Hery and one particular poster mentions this repeatedly in a peevish attempt to either undermine what I write or suggest I'm in some way obsessive. This kind of response really doesn't help foster an open and frank debate.

All of those that read the board but don't post should say their piece because, until they do, it will not properly represent the wide range of views held by true Dale fans.

PS: Re-sign Bastien Hery!
Yes I am going to ask that question on 16:37 - Aug 28 with 2866 views1mark1

Yes I am going to ask that question on 08:44 - Aug 28 by Rooleyblue

Very well said.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Yes I am going to ask that question on 20:44 - Aug 28 with 2714 viewsNinco

You need to put things in to perspective. If you had asked that question at the end of last season, you would have got slated as we did okay. I would have been happy just to survive in league one last season, so for me, they surpassed my expectations.

This season, we always knew it was going to be a tough one as we have got a lot of big spending clubs in the division, but our budget hasn't changed, so we are punching above our weight a bit.

However, we are only 5 games in to the season and whilst 2 points isn't really good enough, I am not going to say sack the manager just because the first 5 games haven't gone well. I've never been a fan of sacking a manager mid season anyway as all the players are under contract, so any new manager has to work with the same players. I have every faith that Hill will turn things round, and whilst I don't realistically expect them to win anything, I think we will stay up. Just give it time.
Yes I am going to ask that question on 11:55 - Aug 29 with 2499 viewssweetcorn

Yes I am going to ask that question on 14:26 - Aug 28 by DaleFan7

I guess it's always tingling though tbf...

It is, as this board is full of them.

Case in point right here.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024