Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No fear 17:01 - Sep 24 with 6795 views442Dale

Its clear we can't defend very well, so if nothing else we have now discovered that going at teams produces results.

Sounded like a 4-4-2/4-2-4in the second half, with the wide players being forwards and Bunney producing crosses of high quality when pushing on. Keep it up, nothing lost in taking games to the opposition.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

No fear on 17:08 - Sep 24 with 5156 viewsD_Alien

Enforced upon us to a large extent, and something the manager and players need to take on board. I felt we started the season with a bit of an inferiority complex, and I've no idea why.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No fear on 18:40 - Sep 24 with 4850 viewsdingdangblue

No fear on 17:08 - Sep 24 by D_Alien

Enforced upon us to a large extent, and something the manager and players need to take on board. I felt we started the season with a bit of an inferiority complex, and I've no idea why.

I think that just came about from the nature of our opening day defeat and then not holding onto a win and a draw against Sheffield and Milton Keynes. Confidence obviously took a knock and we've just got over it. The injuries piling up are horrendous though - it cant help changing team after team every game.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No fear on 18:43 - Sep 24 with 4823 views442Dale

No fear on 18:40 - Sep 24 by dingdangblue

I think that just came about from the nature of our opening day defeat and then not holding onto a win and a draw against Sheffield and Milton Keynes. Confidence obviously took a knock and we've just got over it. The injuries piling up are horrendous though - it cant help changing team after team every game.

They really should update fans on the situation. When Hill has been asked about players (RNL) he's said what's going on, someone ask him about NML and McNulty.

No fear on 18:47 - Sep 24 with 4791 views1907

No fear on 18:43 - Sep 24 by 442Dale

They really should update fans on the situation. When Hill has been asked about players (RNL) he's said what's going on, someone ask him about NML and McNulty.

Surely you understand that by updating the fans he's updating the opposition? Totally understand why Hill is so secretive regarding injuries
No fear on 18:52 - Sep 24 with 4749 viewsnordenblue

No fear on 18:47 - Sep 24 by 1907

Surely you understand that by updating the fans he's updating the opposition? Totally understand why Hill is so secretive regarding injuries

Don't really buy into the fact that most opposition teams are overly bothered who we field tbf,they will surely set their stall up to their strengths in the main anyway
No fear on 18:59 - Sep 24 with 4710 viewsYorkshire_Dale

No fear on 18:52 - Sep 24 by nordenblue

Don't really buy into the fact that most opposition teams are overly bothered who we field tbf,they will surely set their stall up to their strengths in the main anyway

I'm sure Charlton Ath would have been at the Den today watching our line up ahead of next Saturday's second trip for Dale in seven days, to that London.

"Watch that Bunney lad.......he can cross a ball"
No fear on 19:02 - Sep 24 with 4689 viewsShun

No fear suits me fine! Did we deserve the win today? From the other thread it seems Milwall fans were angry at Hill at the final whistle. Was that just anger over the result or something else? Bunney made some marvellous crosses last week and I'm glad to see it's continued today.
No fear on 19:23 - Sep 24 with 4597 views442Dale

Sometimes the day before games, yes. After? No, I don't understand it.

Because when he's been asked he has had no problems answering - by GMR reporters for example. Similarly, we have seen stories on the OS in the past which provide injury updates, so if it was a consistent approach it would be easier to understand it.

Three days before Sheff U:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-dale-rochdale-afc

There was also news yesterday about RNL and Rathbone returning from injury. They were in the squad today: http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afcs-reuben-noble-laz

Login to get fewer ads

No fear on 19:38 - Sep 24 with 4521 views1907

No fear on 19:23 - Sep 24 by 442Dale

Sometimes the day before games, yes. After? No, I don't understand it.

Because when he's been asked he has had no problems answering - by GMR reporters for example. Similarly, we have seen stories on the OS in the past which provide injury updates, so if it was a consistent approach it would be easier to understand it.

Three days before Sheff U:
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-dale-rochdale-afc

There was also news yesterday about RNL and Rathbone returning from injury. They were in the squad today: http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afcs-reuben-noble-laz

Long term injuries are more difficult to hide. Injuries picked up during the week are another matter. In an ideal world I would be all about transparency with the club, but I understand why it isn't.
No fear on 19:39 - Sep 24 with 4500 views1907

No fear on 18:52 - Sep 24 by nordenblue

I think you're doing the standard of tactics/scouting in this division a disservice. I sat next to a scout when we were in league two that was scouting us for a game the following week. I could not even begin to describe to you the depths into which the sport science at this standard of football goes.
No fear on 19:45 - Sep 24 with 4459 views442Dale

No fear on 19:38 - Sep 24 by 1907

Long term injuries are more difficult to hide. Injuries picked up during the week are another matter. In an ideal world I would be all about transparency with the club, but I understand why it isn't.

Yeah, that's why we'd like an update on NML. Out since the Sunderland game.

No fear on 19:47 - Sep 24 with 4435 viewsD_Alien

No fear on 19:39 - Sep 24 by 1907

I think you're doing the standard of tactics/scouting in this division a disservice. I sat next to a scout when we were in league two that was scouting us for a game the following week. I could not even begin to describe to you the depths into which the sport science at this standard of football goes.

You don't need to, we understand these things without having to sit next to scouts

[Post edited 24 Sep 2016 19:51]

No fear on 19:56 - Sep 24 with 4350 viewsroccydaleian

Where I sit, I see scouts at nearly every game, and they generally leave with about twenty minutes to go, so miss quite a bit of the game and substitutions, doesn't seem reet scientific to me.
No fear on 19:57 - Sep 24 with 4332 views442Dale

No fear on 19:56 - Sep 24 by roccydaleian

Where I sit, I see scouts at nearly every game, and they generally leave with about twenty minutes to go, so miss quite a bit of the game and substitutions, doesn't seem reet scientific to me.

You need only to look at our tactics in the second half today that those within the game over complicate it far too much at times.

No fear on 22:15 - Sep 24 with 4042 viewsnordenblue

I'm fully aware of the depths,but teams like the Sheffield Utds of this world whilst playing Done and Sharp up top won't be too bothered who we play at the back,their midfield will pick itself as will their defence.
Our personnel won't really influence their decision making too much
No fear on 22:22 - Sep 24 with 4007 viewsTVOS1907

It's not updating the opposition after the event. He could just say "he was injured today", which doesn't mean he will still be injured in a week.

As 442 says, news has been revealed before. It even helps to bridge the mythical disconnect.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

No fear on 22:32 - Sep 24 with 3976 viewsdingdangblue

No fear on 22:22 - Sep 24 by TVOS1907

It's not updating the opposition after the event. He could just say "he was injured today", which doesn't mean he will still be injured in a week.

As 442 says, news has been revealed before. It even helps to bridge the mythical disconnect.

He did say we'd picked up 2 injuries during training this week - obviously we now know it was McNulty and Vincenti.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

No fear on 11:34 - Sep 25 with 3604 viewsDaley_Lama

Scouting is all about finding that 1% advantage.

Seeing as every single one of our wins/defeats have been by 1 goal, usually in the dying embers of a game, i would not dismiss any slight insight or knowlege that could be gained.

It might be that we set up like 'this' for corners and free-kicks, or so and so likes to cut in on his right and shoot, so don't let him.

David Brailsford helped Team GB get golds galore by 1%, dismiss at your peril.

Poll: DF in or out

No fear on 11:44 - Sep 25 with 3578 viewsD_Alien

No fear on 11:34 - Sep 25 by Daley_Lama

Scouting is all about finding that 1% advantage.

Seeing as every single one of our wins/defeats have been by 1 goal, usually in the dying embers of a game, i would not dismiss any slight insight or knowlege that could be gained.

It might be that we set up like 'this' for corners and free-kicks, or so and so likes to cut in on his right and shoot, so don't let him.

David Brailsford helped Team GB get golds galore by 1%, dismiss at your peril.

Don't think anyone's dismissing what scouting the opposition is about, simply the value of the opposition knowing who's likely to be available on a teamsheet. If Hilly says why a particular player wasn't available in retrospect, it doesn't confer any disadvantage. If it's a serious injury, it becomes obvious anyway.

Don't think the opposition need to know if players have individual shower facilities available on t' team bus

[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 11:53]

No fear on 11:45 - Sep 25 with 3578 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

No fear on 19:57 - Sep 24 by 442Dale

You need only to look at our tactics in the second half today that those within the game over complicate it far too much at times.

What were these tactics?
No fear on 11:51 - Sep 25 with 3557 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

No fear on 11:44 - Sep 25 by D_Alien

Don't think anyone's dismissing what scouting the opposition is about, simply the value of the opposition knowing who's likely to be available on a teamsheet. If Hilly says why a particular player wasn't available in retrospect, it doesn't confer any disadvantage. If it's a serious injury, it becomes obvious anyway.

Don't think the opposition need to know if players have individual shower facilities available on t' team bus

[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 11:53]

Maybe Hilly didn't specify what the injuries were that caused them to miss out yesterday, because that could point to them either being available or not against Bolton/Charlton?

That could lead to the opposition preparing to face a different team than we will actually field, giving us a very slight advantage. Marginal gains.
No fear on 11:52 - Sep 25 with 3548 views442Dale

No fear on 11:45 - Sep 25 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

What were these tactics?

Those mentioned in the first post - radio commentary mentioned Davies, Odelusi, Andrew and Henderson in very advanced positions and that we really went for it. Hill's subs were ones which looked to put pressure on the opposition, it worked.

No fear on 11:59 - Sep 25 with 3530 viewsD_Alien

No fear on 11:51 - Sep 25 by SimpkinsLeftPeg

Maybe Hilly didn't specify what the injuries were that caused them to miss out yesterday, because that could point to them either being available or not against Bolton/Charlton?

That could lead to the opposition preparing to face a different team than we will actually field, giving us a very slight advantage. Marginal gains.

It's not about specifying the type of injury, simply that the player wasn't available through injury - that clears up any misunderstanding and stops idiots from speculating about fallings out etc.

Also gives next weeks opposition summat else to wonder about, incidentally, and in direct counter to your point i.e. will he be available or not

[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 12:09]

No fear on 12:06 - Sep 25 with 3508 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

No fear on 11:52 - Sep 25 by 442Dale

Those mentioned in the first post - radio commentary mentioned Davies, Odelusi, Andrew and Henderson in very advanced positions and that we really went for it. Hill's subs were ones which looked to put pressure on the opposition, it worked.

Excellent subs indeed. Allowed us to move forward quickly, which unsettled them.

Didn't see any variation of a 4-4-2 though. Andrew spent most of the game coming from a wide position, and was excellent. Odelusi's best display also, played in behind Davies when he came on. Wouldn't be surprised to see the team that finished, start on Tuesday.
No fear on 12:09 - Sep 25 with 3503 views442Dale

No fear on 11:59 - Sep 25 by D_Alien

It's not about specifying the type of injury, simply that the player wasn't available through injury - that clears up any misunderstanding and stops idiots from speculating about fallings out etc.

Also gives next weeks opposition summat else to wonder about, incidentally, and in direct counter to your point i.e. will he be available or not

[Post edited 25 Sep 2016 12:09]

Plus, as illustrated, Hill will say when someone is injured when asked. And if he doesn't want to answer, he'll say so.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024