Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dale Boys v Trotters 19:20 - Sep 27 with 8733 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis,Raff,Canavan,Keane,Bunney,Lund,Allen,Thompson,Camps,Hendo,Andrew.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Dale Boys v Trotters on 02:17 - Sep 28 with 2314 viewsLondondale

For an exile who couldn't make it last night - what formation did we line up in, and who played where? Thanks in advance!
Dale Boys v Trotters on 02:20 - Sep 28 with 2314 viewsDiddyDave

Wish you blokes would make your minds up. Just a couple of weeks ago it was Bunney,Thompson,McNulty bloody hopeless;can`t be arsed turning up having read the team sheet;KH is deliberately putting round pegs in square holes so he gets the sack and moves on;I`m not paying out to watch Dale play Sunderland U23s in this crap comp. Hey,it`s all in the deal,supporting your team through thick and thin. Isn`t it?
Dale Boys v Trotters on 06:54 - Sep 28 with 2141 views1907

Dale Boys v Trotters on 02:20 - Sep 28 by DiddyDave

Wish you blokes would make your minds up. Just a couple of weeks ago it was Bunney,Thompson,McNulty bloody hopeless;can`t be arsed turning up having read the team sheet;KH is deliberately putting round pegs in square holes so he gets the sack and moves on;I`m not paying out to watch Dale play Sunderland U23s in this crap comp. Hey,it`s all in the deal,supporting your team through thick and thin. Isn`t it?

Please. A Bury fan commenting on other clubs being fickle is too much. Saint Flitcroft seems to have turned it round now. Mong.
Dale Boys v Trotters on 07:16 - Sep 28 with 2104 viewsTVOS1907

'You blokes'?

A small number of posters, maybe, and in some cases the same ones making more than one point.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale Boys v Trotters on 07:17 - Sep 28 with 2101 viewsTVOS1907

Dale Boys v Trotters on 06:54 - Sep 28 by 1907

Please. A Bury fan commenting on other clubs being fickle is too much. Saint Flitcroft seems to have turned it round now. Mong.

He's not a bury fan.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dale Boys v Trotters on 07:23 - Sep 28 with 2082 viewsnordenblue

Be a little different if you actually paid to watch it....
Dale Boys v Trotters on 07:27 - Sep 28 with 2074 viewsaleanddale

Keith Keane.... Absolutely bloody brilliant last night...

Throw in Joe Bunney - Joey T - Raf - Jamie Allen - Calvin and Davies ... All in with a shout of MOM.

That second line is also deeply disrespectful to the other on the pitch...

Yeah fook it.... 11 mom.

When Allen hit the inside of the post with that header and the ball trickled along the goal line and was scrambled clear I feared the worse. Thankfully we had more than enough in the locker for 3 points.

Oh can we play against a pony hair style centre half every week!!! #wrong #haircutrequired
Dale Boys v Trotters on 08:12 - Sep 28 with 2011 viewsbatfink

Tackled like lions!
http://m.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14767798.MARC_ILES__39__BIG_MATCH_VERDICT__Ro
Login to get fewer ads

Dale Boys v Trotters on 08:52 - Sep 28 with 1917 viewsDaleFan7

Last night showed the importance of playing 2 strikers together. Andrew and Davies were excellent last night! Impossible to defend and held the ball up really well when we needed it and we created more chances than I've seen us do at home in a while, we could and should have scored more.

Hope to see more of them two together forging a partnership up front.
Dale Boys v Trotters on 09:00 - Sep 28 with 1893 viewsDaley_Lama

Dale Boys v Trotters on 02:17 - Sep 28 by Londondale

For an exile who couldn't make it last night - what formation did we line up in, and who played where? Thanks in advance!

Lillis

Bunney LB
Canavan
Keane
Rafferty RB

Camps in front of the back 4 (often becoming a CH when Keane marauded forward)

Thompson LM (often moving inside to feed of Calvin flicks)
Lund
Allen
Andrew RM (often moving inside for goal kicks etc)

Hendo (early replaced by Davies)

4-1-4-1 would be my best description, with Thompson and Andrews being further forward than Allen and Lund.

Poll: DF in or out

Dale Boys v Trotters on 10:17 - Sep 28 with 1758 viewsBarryStrange

Congrats on last night's result, seems like the corner has well and truly been turned.

Can only imagine Dearden et al on GMR scratching their heads and saying "but we play our derbies against United don't we? We're a Premiership club". I hope you enjoy it as much as I am enjoying Karl Robinson blaming "bad luck" for his team conceding 3 at home.
Dale Boys v Trotters on 10:40 - Sep 28 with 1702 viewskirbys

Dale Boys v Trotters on 08:52 - Sep 28 by DaleFan7

Last night showed the importance of playing 2 strikers together. Andrew and Davies were excellent last night! Impossible to defend and held the ball up really well when we needed it and we created more chances than I've seen us do at home in a while, we could and should have scored more.

Hope to see more of them two together forging a partnership up front.

Spot on with this analysis. Can't really complain about lack of effort from anyone last night but its suddenly apparent that we are hard to beat.
Having two solid battlers up front is making a huge difference - resulting in a shut out which was never going to happen 4 games ago.
Credit to the plan from the management last night is also due. They could not get going at all and quite honestly performed like a side in the bottom half because of Dales strategy.
Dale Boys v Trotters on 10:48 - Sep 28 with 1680 viewsdingdangblue

Dale Boys v Trotters on 10:40 - Sep 28 by kirbys

Spot on with this analysis. Can't really complain about lack of effort from anyone last night but its suddenly apparent that we are hard to beat.
Having two solid battlers up front is making a huge difference - resulting in a shut out which was never going to happen 4 games ago.
Credit to the plan from the management last night is also due. They could not get going at all and quite honestly performed like a side in the bottom half because of Dales strategy.

You still need that bit of luck which deserted us in the 1st 7 games. Henry really should have had a hat trick for Bolton - still not quite sure how he missed the target completely with that 1st half chance.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Dale Boys v Trotters on 10:54 - Sep 28 with 1667 viewsDaleiLama

Dale Boys v Trotters on 10:48 - Sep 28 by dingdangblue

You still need that bit of luck which deserted us in the 1st 7 games. Henry really should have had a hat trick for Bolton - still not quite sure how he missed the target completely with that 1st half chance.

And it all evens itself out over time too.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dale Boys v Trotters on 11:52 - Sep 28 with 1578 viewsLondondale

Dale Boys v Trotters on 09:00 - Sep 28 by Daley_Lama

Lillis

Bunney LB
Canavan
Keane
Rafferty RB

Camps in front of the back 4 (often becoming a CH when Keane marauded forward)

Thompson LM (often moving inside to feed of Calvin flicks)
Lund
Allen
Andrew RM (often moving inside for goal kicks etc)

Hendo (early replaced by Davies)

4-1-4-1 would be my best description, with Thompson and Andrews being further forward than Allen and Lund.

Cheers, Lama! As I don't get to many games its nigh on impossible to Guess given Hillys ability to get players playing everywhere on the park!
Dale Boys v Trotters on 12:34 - Sep 28 with 1444 viewsmacro

Hendo going off worked in Dale’s favour - Davies and Andrew up front are a real handful for defenders.

Hill works his magic in reverse with Bunney a forward at present converted to a left back. Following Done conversion from left back to a forward
Dale Boys v Trotters on 13:10 - Sep 28 with 1341 viewsD_Alien

Dale Boys v Trotters on 12:34 - Sep 28 by macro

Hendo going off worked in Dale’s favour - Davies and Andrew up front are a real handful for defenders.

Hill works his magic in reverse with Bunney a forward at present converted to a left back. Following Done conversion from left back to a forward

Matty Done started out his career as a winger and that's how he started at Dale too, before being moved into "the hole" as a central forward. He was then moved to left wingback against Leeds in the cup tie due to lack of left-sided defensive players with a turn of speed. Finally reverted back to a forward prior to his move to Barnsley.

Talking of speed, it's one of Bunney's biggest assets. On the rare occasions he's been turned, his long legs cover the ground very quickly to get him back into a sound defensive position. He's learning at a rate of knots and I can't see him being played anywhere else on the pitch than at left wingback, not just "at present". It seems he's a natural there, amazingly enough.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dale Boys v Trotters on 13:11 - Sep 28 with 1340 viewsdingdangblue

Dale Boys v Trotters on 12:34 - Sep 28 by macro

For all the praise of Bunney at left back its still early days and it will take a long time to reverse his forward mindset to a defensive one. That Henry chance that really should have been 1-0 to Bolton, Bunney was completely unaware he was unmarked in the box at the far post, Bunney didn't even have a look around to see - although Lillis should have been screaming at him also. Other than that he's doing very well and learning every game hopefully.

Dale Boys v Trotters on 13:21 - Sep 28 with 1305 viewsDickydaler

Dale Boys v Trotters on 13:11 - Sep 28 by dingdangblue

For all the praise of Bunney at left back its still early days and it will take a long time to reverse his forward mindset to a defensive one. That Henry chance that really should have been 1-0 to Bolton, Bunney was completely unaware he was unmarked in the box at the far post, Bunney didn't even have a look around to see - although Lillis should have been screaming at him also. Other than that he's doing very well and learning every game hopefully.

I disagree with you there. If its the same move that I'm thinking about, Bunney was aware of Henry because I saw him look over, but because other players had been dragged over to one side, it left Bunney with two players to mark so he kind of stayed in between them both. This happened twice in a very short space of time.
Dale Boys v Trotters on 13:37 - Sep 28 with 1247 viewstony_roch975

All defenders are 'found out' when attacked with pace and certainly JB will be learning in his new position and last night was his hardest test - both he and Raff had less space than previous 2 games so we delivered less telling crosses and Bolton kept us on the back foot for large parts after we scored, but don't agree about the Henry chance. Bunney correctly came inside to cover their other striker whom Canavan had to leave unmarked to close down their player with the ball who had been lost by Keane. Not even the resurrected JB can mark 2 players at once!

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Dale Boys v Trotters on 14:08 - Sep 28 with 1177 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Joey T also doubled up to help Bunney when needed......good show from the pair.
Dale Boys v Trotters on 14:26 - Sep 28 with 1136 viewsaleanddale

Bunney was excellent ( again ) apart from switching off for the Bolton glaring miss.

Joey T though!! Wowzer he was here there and every blinkin where!!!

what a great day to be a Dale fan..

Love it.

Long way to go but what a 10 days we have just had!!
Dale Boys v Trotters on 14:29 - Sep 28 with 1127 viewsScunnydale

If someone had told me even a few months ago that Joe Bunney and Joey T would be getting rave reviews, I'd have called them insane. If they had then told me they were getting rave reviews for securing our left-back and left wing positions, I wouldn't even have been able to summon the words.

Great work from the pair, and long may it continue!
Dale Boys v Trotters on 16:48 - Sep 28 with 931 viewsdingdangblue

Dale Boys v Trotters on 13:21 - Sep 28 by Dickydaler

I disagree with you there. If its the same move that I'm thinking about, Bunney was aware of Henry because I saw him look over, but because other players had been dragged over to one side, it left Bunney with two players to mark so he kind of stayed in between them both. This happened twice in a very short space of time.

Fair play, apologies to Bunney, looking at the chance again he was left defending the box on his own with Canavan going wide to deal with the Bolton player crossing and Keane too far upfield after Lillis's poor kick out. Luckily we got away with it.

Dale Boys v Trotters on 17:30 - Sep 28 with 843 viewsColDale

Dale Boys v Trotters on 14:29 - Sep 28 by Scunnydale

If someone had told me even a few months ago that Joe Bunney and Joey T would be getting rave reviews, I'd have called them insane. If they had then told me they were getting rave reviews for securing our left-back and left wing positions, I wouldn't even have been able to summon the words.

Great work from the pair, and long may it continue!

Playing Bunney at left back goes to show that Hilly always has a plan. Anyone could be excused for thinking he'd lost the plot when he played Bunney at left back two years ago (was it Walsall away?). But the proof is now that he wasn't just picking players at random, there was a genuine thought process behind it, and whilst in hindsight he may not have been ready for that role at that time, the thinking behind it has been proved right.

It's still early days and teams will scout us with JB at left back and prepare accordingly, and with that form might drop but it's been quite a calendar year for Bunney. Is he still top scorer in 2016 in terms of goals from open play or has Hendo caught him now? His MOTM last night was very much deserved and not just in a "good game for him" sort of way.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024