Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sandy lane drum 17:09 - Oct 16 with 3280 viewsbatfink

Surprised there's not been a thread on this, wondering what others views are. Personally have to admit I was sceptical at first, was expecting it to be like the kids that tried it not long ago. Felt it really added to the atmosphere, even got the main stand involved, more of the same v Oldham for me please
Sandy lane drum on 17:15 - Oct 16 with 3254 viewsSuddenLad

Didn't even know there was one. 😐

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Sandy lane drum on 17:20 - Oct 16 with 3229 viewsmacro

Sandy lane drum on 17:15 - Oct 16 by SuddenLad

Didn't even know there was one. 😐

Didn't hear it. Too tinpot though for my liking.
Sandy lane drum on 18:09 - Oct 16 with 3095 views_dezzy

As long as it stays in the Sandy I don't mind

KHBA

Sandy lane drum on 19:02 - Oct 16 with 2981 views1907

Anything that can add to the atmosphere is a good thing for me. The Sandy has gradually got quieter and quieter over recent years
Sandy lane drum on 19:11 - Oct 16 with 2953 viewsShun

I thought it added to the atmosphere too, but I can only see it working in games like yesterday. It'd be terrible in a 2500 crowd at home to Southend.
Sandy lane drum on 19:31 - Oct 16 with 2905 viewsPDIDDY

Bang a drum, probably bang nothing else 😘

Gissa job

Sandy lane drum on 19:47 - Oct 16 with 2858 viewsfinberty

Plaudits to the drummer, who timed a single loud beat just as bury's keeper was attempting a clearance kick.

Would've been ace if he'd tried to kick the beat rather than the ball.
Sandy lane drum on 11:53 - Oct 17 with 2621 viewsSandyDrum

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback from Saturday! (I do have another account on here but I'd rather that one remain anonymous and it's quite hard to remain anonymous when you're the only one in the stadium banging a drum.)

It was an interesting experience and I THINK it was successful, I've not seen a few hundred people bouncing like that in the Sandy since the Leeds game so it certainly felt like it worked.

I got into the ground early to give people the choice to stand around me as opposed to just wading into the stand and giving people no choice.

I stood in my usual spot at the back of the Sandy, where I've been standing since 1999 so believe me when I say I was nervous because I knew there would be a negative reaction from a fair few people.

It was difficult to get anything going in the first half because the game was dire and not much to sing about, but when the game came into life and the lads were shooting towards the Sandy in the 2nd half I think it really helped keep the atmosphere going.

I completely appreciate it if you don't like it, and I don't think it will be happening at games like AFC Wimbledon at home, I'll try and be selective about it and bring it to games that it will work for, such as Oldham / Bradford at home etc.

Please feel free to give me some stick, I'm a lad in my mid 20's banging a drum at a football match, believe me, I can take it.

However don't be a mong and steal stuff when I go for a half time pie as happened on Saturday, it's not my equipment and I don't want to be having to give the school a wad of money because someone decided they didn't like some noise.

We'll keep the experiment going and hopefully we'll have a decent atmosphere against Oldham!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Login to get fewer ads

Sandy lane drum on 11:59 - Oct 17 with 2600 viewsD_Alien

Beat it

... the drum

Sounded great from the Pearl St!
[Post edited 17 Oct 2016 12:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sandy lane drum on 12:08 - Oct 17 with 2570 viewsDaleiLama

Sandy lane drum on 11:53 - Oct 17 by SandyDrum

Hi all,

Thanks for the feedback from Saturday! (I do have another account on here but I'd rather that one remain anonymous and it's quite hard to remain anonymous when you're the only one in the stadium banging a drum.)

It was an interesting experience and I THINK it was successful, I've not seen a few hundred people bouncing like that in the Sandy since the Leeds game so it certainly felt like it worked.

I got into the ground early to give people the choice to stand around me as opposed to just wading into the stand and giving people no choice.

I stood in my usual spot at the back of the Sandy, where I've been standing since 1999 so believe me when I say I was nervous because I knew there would be a negative reaction from a fair few people.

It was difficult to get anything going in the first half because the game was dire and not much to sing about, but when the game came into life and the lads were shooting towards the Sandy in the 2nd half I think it really helped keep the atmosphere going.

I completely appreciate it if you don't like it, and I don't think it will be happening at games like AFC Wimbledon at home, I'll try and be selective about it and bring it to games that it will work for, such as Oldham / Bradford at home etc.

Please feel free to give me some stick, I'm a lad in my mid 20's banging a drum at a football match, believe me, I can take it.

However don't be a mong and steal stuff when I go for a half time pie as happened on Saturday, it's not my equipment and I don't want to be having to give the school a wad of money because someone decided they didn't like some noise.

We'll keep the experiment going and hopefully we'll have a decent atmosphere against Oldham!

Couldn't accuse it of being HumDrum Sandy drum.
No comment on the low-life, toe-rag tea-leaves. FFS.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sandy lane drum on 14:24 - Oct 17 with 2412 viewsaleanddale

Agree sounded great from the pearl street.

From it not in it mind!!!
Sandy lane drum on 14:58 - Oct 17 with 2370 viewsrochdaleriddler

I did put a thread on about a banging atmosphere before the game....geddit

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Sandy lane drum on 16:33 - Oct 17 with 2266 viewsPDIDDY

Drums for cup finals, be wearing curly blue wigs next.... Oh hang on

Gissa job

Sandy lane drum on 18:21 - Oct 17 with 2137 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Big well done from me SandyDrummzzzz........and I was stood only a few yards away.

Bit like DannyWisemuller and his vids.......good to see something new given a proper go.

Should be actively encouraged.
Sandy lane drum on 18:25 - Oct 17 with 2127 viewsdannywiseman123

Sandy lane drum on 18:21 - Oct 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Big well done from me SandyDrummzzzz........and I was stood only a few yards away.

Bit like DannyWisemuller and his vids.......good to see something new given a proper go.

Thanks for the comment pal ahahahah. Keep the drum it really builds up an atmosphere.
Sandy lane drum on 12:08 - Oct 18 with 1932 viewsaleanddale

Sandy lane drum on 18:21 - Oct 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

I am not sure Danny will have any idea who Jonny Weissmuller was!!!!

Or cheetah!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024