Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Stadium, My Ar$e 19:11 - Oct 18 with 7140 viewsBigDaveMyCock

New charge registered against Bury Football Club in favour of a company called Moneything, an asset for loan company. New season new loan. The Bury fans I speak to wonder where the money has come from as well.

This is the Peer 2 Peer lending loan the link of which was posted in the now infamous 'wait for tomorrow' thread. The most interesting, and worrying thing for Bury fans, is that there is talk of a sale and leaseback option if the club cannot make payment under this loan. That would signal the sale of the ground.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 19:47]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 22:16 - Oct 18 with 4256 viewsKenBoon

See the link on page 50 (fifty) of the berry bills mega thread
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/forum/156010/page:50/#1235
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 22:16 - Oct 18 with 4251 viewsNinco

So when we bought the rugby club & councils shares in the ground, how did we fund it? I would be surprised if we had that kind of spare cash just sat around doing nothing and would imagine that somewhere along the lines, there is some sort of finance arrangement.
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 22:18 - Oct 18 with 4231 viewsdingdangblue

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 22:16 - Oct 18 by Ninco

So when we bought the rugby club & councils shares in the ground, how did we fund it? I would be surprised if we had that kind of spare cash just sat around doing nothing and would imagine that somewhere along the lines, there is some sort of finance arrangement.

We Sold Scott Hogan and Matt Done.
What we didn't do was set up a £2.4 million loan with an unregulated peer to peer loan company.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2016 22:20]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 22:20 - Oct 18 with 4219 viewsYorkshire_Dale

I think we had set aside a fair lump of loot but the remainder is on drip ?
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 22:23 - Oct 18 with 4195 viewsJumeirahDale

Think of it as the difference between getting a personal loan from a high street bank, vs. dealing with East End thugs who lend you £100, and a week later you owe them a million.

I’m not exaggerating. You buy a car off them and find out it’s two front ends welded together. You send off for an MOT and you get a note back saying they found some chap’s ribs in the oil sump. Or you take the lid off the gear knob and find a testis.
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 23:42 - Oct 18 with 4054 views49thseason

We already owned 45% of it .
And it is the £6-700k stadium company debt that we are repaying to RMBC
And now we have Hornets now paying rent to RAFC as well as getting the income from bars etc.
Whatever we have paid the RL, will be a reflection of what they paid for Hornets 45% and not a reflection of the value of the Stadium,
All in all, a deal which propels the club in a diametrically opposite direction to the one the bury have taken.We now own our own ground, they don't until they repay the apparently endless amounts they keep borrowing against it. Indeed I would suggest that some of their loans are virtually now unsecured as the amount borrowed against the ground would appear to be greater than its value. Not a situation that can go on forever you would imagine.
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 07:53 - Oct 19 with 3851 viewsaleanddale

20 000 stadium

2200 watched last nights latest defeat - ouch.

They all can spread out and have 9 seats each!!!!
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:04 - Oct 19 with 3826 viewsdingdangblue

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 07:53 - Oct 19 by aleanddale

20 000 stadium

No - in the Championship every away team brings 6000-8000 away fans - especially on Tuesday nights!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Login to get fewer ads

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:08 - Oct 19 with 3821 viewsaleanddale

Is this the master plan for the gigglers?

Just keep loaning in batches of £500 000 at astronomical interest rates to plug a widening gap.

Not that clever is he the milky bar kid?

#stilllappingitup

#enjoytheride
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:27 - Oct 19 with 3794 viewsdingdangblue

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:08 - Oct 19 by aleanddale

Is this the master plan for the gigglers?

Just keep loaning in batches of £500 000 at astronomical interest rates to plug a widening gap.

Not that clever is he the milky bar kid?

#stilllappingitup

#enjoytheride

On that peer 2 peer forum on the other thread no one is really questioning Stewart Day's business success away from bury. Him being a very successful property developer is mentioned a few times. Why then run bury so haphazardly ? High interest loans from unregulated sources? Planning 15-20,000 stadium moves that could cost £20 million or more? For a club with a 3000 fanbase on a good day? It just doesn't make sense?

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:37 - Oct 19 with 3774 viewsDaleFan7

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:27 - Oct 19 by dingdangblue

On that peer 2 peer forum on the other thread no one is really questioning Stewart Day's business success away from bury. Him being a very successful property developer is mentioned a few times. Why then run bury so haphazardly ? High interest loans from unregulated sources? Planning 15-20,000 stadium moves that could cost £20 million or more? For a club with a 3000 fanbase on a good day? It just doesn't make sense?

To lul them into a false sense of security so he can build flats on Gigg Lane. And leave Bury playing on a school's field.
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:54 - Oct 19 with 3740 viewsdingdangblue

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:37 - Oct 19 by DaleFan7

To lul them into a false sense of security so he can build flats on Gigg Lane. And leave Bury playing on a school's field.

He can build flats anywhere he likes - and it looks like he has. He doesn't need gigg lane for that. He just seems delusional about what he can achieve at bury. Even talk of this '5 year plan' to get bury to the Championship? Then what? Keep on pumping more and more money in? They still wont be sustainable or making a profit (based on money spent to achieve it) - they'll be 20-30 million in debt by then.

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 13:42 - Oct 19 with 3490 viewsBigKindo

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 07:53 - Oct 19 by aleanddale

20 000 stadium

Maybe they should perhaps have a word with the Darlo supporters.
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 14:20 - Oct 19 with 3425 viewsaleanddale

What amazes me... And I might have mis read!!

Most of the gigglers happy that this latest £500 000 is the start of the new stadium dream, like Day is going out this morning to sub contract several diggers and buy several thousand breeze blocks..

The reality is more like this £500 000 is to plug operational deficit from this current season.

I don't think for one minute one penny piece of this half million will be put the way of a new stadium..

Milky bar thrown to distract from the real purpose of the loan to stay afloat!!!
[Post edited 19 Oct 2016 18:39]
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 14:27 - Oct 19 with 3412 viewsaleanddale

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 13:42 - Oct 19 by BigKindo

Maybe they should perhaps have a word with the Darlo supporters.

Must admit you would have thought any club of our size ( bury ) would think long and hard after the Darlington fiasco.
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 14:38 - Oct 19 with 3395 viewsdingdangblue

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 14:20 - Oct 19 by aleanddale

Most of the gigglers happy that this latest £500 000 is the start of the new stadium dream, like Day is going out this morning to sub contract several diggers and buy several thousand breeze blocks..

The reality is more like this £500 000 is to plug operational deficit from this current season.

I don't think for one minute one penny piece of this half million will be put the way of a new stadium..

Milky bar thrown to distract from the real purpose of the loan to stay afloat!!!

Isn't the £2.4 million tranche around about the amount of losses made in the last set of accounts? Funny that.

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 14:55 - Oct 19 with 3370 views1mark1

Is there planning permission for building on Gigg Lane? If not there's no guarantee that they would get it, and also whether the ground is suitable for building houses. Doesn't their pitch get waterlogged quite often? I am asking the questions regarding the suitability of Gigg Lane, as I genuinely don't know, but I know planning permission might not be automatically given.

As far as capacity is concerned , they will never regularly get more than six thousand home supporters, and even in the Championship, very few would bring more than say six thousand, so even a 12000 capacity stadium would be big enough.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 14:57 - Oct 19 with 3360 viewsjudd

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 14:55 - Oct 19 by 1mark1

Is there planning permission for building on Gigg Lane? If not there's no guarantee that they would get it, and also whether the ground is suitable for building houses. Doesn't their pitch get waterlogged quite often? I am asking the questions regarding the suitability of Gigg Lane, as I genuinely don't know, but I know planning permission might not be automatically given.

As far as capacity is concerned , they will never regularly get more than six thousand home supporters, and even in the Championship, very few would bring more than say six thousand, so even a 12000 capacity stadium would be big enough.

Isn't there a covenant on Gigg Lane that the land should only be used for sporting purposes? Although I suppose being vigorously pursued by aggrieved debtors might count as a sport of kinds.

Poll: What is it to be then?

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 19:12 - Oct 19 with 3170 viewsBigDaveMyCock

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 14:20 - Oct 19 by aleanddale

Completely agree. They are discussing the club obtaining a Peer 2 Peer high interest loan, which to normal people indicates a desperate need for cash, under a thread called 'Ground Move Update'. Like you, I may have misread. Or they're great satirists.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 19:32 - Oct 19 with 3124 viewsSuddenLad

I wonder how much they owe the taxman ? The winding up hearing next month will swallow up a load more cash if and when they settle it (plus costs).

What a farcical way to run a professional club. Embarrassing.....

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 19:35 - Oct 19 with 3110 views442Dale

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 19:32 - Oct 19 by SuddenLad

I wonder how much they owe the taxman ? The winding up hearing next month will swallow up a load more cash if and when they settle it (plus costs).

What a farcical way to run a professional club. Embarrassing.....

What the hell do Forever Bury do these days?

So easy: please explain why this keeps happening.

Then produce the answers for all fans, none of this exclusive stuff for members who seem to have problems with just putting it out in public. Pathetically weak.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 06:50 - Oct 20 with 2856 viewsaleanddale

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 19:12 - Oct 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Completely agree. They are discussing the club obtaining a Peer 2 Peer high interest loan, which to normal people indicates a desperate need for cash, under a thread called 'Ground Move Update'. Like you, I may have misread. Or they're great satirists.

That was the thread "ground move update"

All those wide eyed gullibles all on one forum!! Incredible!!

From the P2P independent forum >>

"Overall I am struggling to get comfortable with the valuation of the club"

"The loan is simply to prop up a failing club"

"Massive leap of faith required"

"The club don't own Gigg Lane - it's owned by the property developer. If the club fails that's most likely problem solved from his point of view"

And another I liked...

The club is unlikely to go just on the basis of crap football.. They have been doing that for 125 years and just about survived "
[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 7:32]
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:35 - Oct 20 with 2757 viewsdingdangblue

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 06:50 - Oct 20 by aleanddale

That was the thread "ground move update"

All those wide eyed gullibles all on one forum!! Incredible!!

From the P2P independent forum >>

"Overall I am struggling to get comfortable with the valuation of the club"

"The loan is simply to prop up a failing club"

"Massive leap of faith required"

"The club don't own Gigg Lane - it's owned by the property developer. If the club fails that's most likely problem solved from his point of view"

And another I liked...

The club is unlikely to go just on the basis of crap football.. They have been doing that for 125 years and just about survived "
[Post edited 20 Oct 2016 7:32]

A few comments mention the owners 'very successful property businesses' - whether they are just 'planted comments' to get people interested I do not know. It is strange though if he HAS INDEED made millions out of his very successful property deals - why is he running the football club so haphazardly? Making millions and millions of losses year in year out? It's almost like it's INTENTIONAL

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:49 - Oct 20 with 2736 viewsaleanddale

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:35 - Oct 20 by dingdangblue

A few comments mention the owners 'very successful property businesses' - whether they are just 'planted comments' to get people interested I do not know. It is strange though if he HAS INDEED made millions out of his very successful property deals - why is he running the football club so haphazardly? Making millions and millions of losses year in year out? It's almost like it's INTENTIONAL

I don't think it's intentional.

I think he is out of his depth...

He also is very delusional.. Walter Mitty esq.. Oh and he loves the sound of his own voice way to much!!!!

22 months to a new stadium??? Good luck with that one!!!
New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:59 - Oct 20 with 2723 viewsRAFCBLUE

New Stadium, My Ar$e on 08:49 - Oct 20 by aleanddale

I don't think it's intentional.

I think he is out of his depth...

He also is very delusional.. Walter Mitty esq.. Oh and he loves the sound of his own voice way to much!!!!

22 months to a new stadium??? Good luck with that one!!!

When the next set of bury accounts are published, they will show the financial impact of last season. Or in layman's terms a massive financial hole.

Since then, they have this farcical idea that they can raise capital for a new asset, in a world where they struggle to pay day to day bills on time. When you buy anything you have to put some equity in!

When they go to the wall, there are a number in Forever Bury who could have challenged this farce and yet turned a blind eye.

In the meantime, we keep plodding on with living in our means and only borrowing what we can pay back.

I know where I'd rather be!

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024