Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there something in the air? 15:01 - Nov 8 with 2643 viewsdingdangblue

Burton player charged with violent conduct - also not spotted during the game. Nasty stamp this.......
https://m.facebook.com/groups/265652146888780?view=permalink&id=1092502130870440

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Is there something in the air? on 15:06 - Nov 8 with 2629 viewsYorkshire_Dale

13 match ban surely?
Is there something in the air? on 15:10 - Nov 8 with 2615 viewsD_Alien

Will he claim he was playing the ball not the man?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is there something in the air? on 15:23 - Nov 8 with 2564 viewsrochdaleriddler

Is there something in the air? on 15:10 - Nov 8 by D_Alien

Will he claim he was playing the ball not the man?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Is there something in the air? on 15:27 - Nov 8 with 2551 viewsdingdangblue

His 2nd charge this season!!

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/09/13/burton

[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 15:31]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Is there something in the air? on 16:46 - Nov 8 with 2349 viewsRoChDaLe

Is there something in the air? on 15:27 - Nov 8 by dingdangblue

His 2nd charge this season!!

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2016/09/13/burton

[Post edited 8 Nov 2016 15:31]

How is that any different to the Andrews one?

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Is there something in the air? on 16:52 - Nov 8 with 2325 viewsdavidab2202

Smaller clubs such as Dale or Burton will be fair game.Will be interesting to see what happens when the incident involves a much higher profile club or player. Before anyone mentions Cantona or Suarez ,more someone being caught by camera evidence.As this is apparently the second charge this Burton player has faced this seson it may be interesting were the ban is pitched following the length of Calvin's ban
Is there something in the air? on 17:04 - Nov 8 with 2283 viewsdavidab2202

Is there something in the air? on 16:52 - Nov 8 by davidab2202

Smaller clubs such as Dale or Burton will be fair game.Will be interesting to see what happens when the incident involves a much higher profile club or player. Before anyone mentions Cantona or Suarez ,more someone being caught by camera evidence.As this is apparently the second charge this Burton player has faced this seson it may be interesting were the ban is pitched following the length of Calvin's ban

Having now watched the video perhaps Calvin should have gone down like a sack a spuds and claimed a broken arm.Before anyone has a go--not defending Calvin's action in anyway.He deserves every game of his ban even though do wonder what prompted his actions.Guess we will always wonder because don't think it will ever get into the public domain.
Now water under the bridge,we move on,hopefully with Calvin still part of our plans
Is there something in the air? on 18:11 - Nov 8 with 2172 viewsnordenblue

Is there something in the air? on 16:46 - Nov 8 by RoChDaLe

How is that any different to the Andrews one?

It's not, so we'll see what our very consistent FA hand out for this one...
Login to get fewer ads

Is there something in the air? on 18:18 - Nov 8 with 2155 views442Dale

Is there something in the air? on 18:11 - Nov 8 by nordenblue

Is there a video of it?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is there something in the air? on 18:25 - Nov 8 with 2131 viewsfermin

Is there something in the air? on 18:18 - Nov 8 by 442Dale

Is there a video of it?

About 35 seconds into the highlights video posted above.
Is there something in the air? on 18:29 - Nov 8 with 2116 views442Dale

Is there something in the air? on 18:25 - Nov 8 by fermin

Cheers. Not as bad as Calvin's but definitely worthy of a longer ban than 3 games.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Is there something in the air? on 18:32 - Nov 8 with 2112 viewsSimpkinsLeftPeg

Is there something in the air? on 18:25 - Nov 8 by fermin

That was back in September, he was given three games.

How is there nine games difference between that and Calvin's?
Is there something in the air? on 18:47 - Nov 8 with 2049 viewsdingdangblue

Is there something in the air? on 18:11 - Nov 8 by nordenblue

As been stated, they already acted on the off the ball elbow back in Sept. 3 match ban. Also had previous before that ! Bit of a nutter this one!
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17587708

I know Calvins was bad - but surely his unblemished career up till then meant for something. You've potentially got another player getting less of a ban for his 3rd charge in 4 years!

Is there something in the air? on 19:41 - Nov 8 with 1933 viewsD_Alien

My interpretation is the arm was thrust out to stop the player from running towards the ball, i.e. interfering with play, and not completely off-the-ball, which Calvin's was

It was an elbow to the face just the same, but occurred with much less aforethought

I believe the 3-game ban was correct, but I also believe Calvin should've got 6 games plus 6 suspended - but what I believe doesn't matter in this instance

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Is there something in the air? on 11:12 - Nov 9 with 1688 viewsdingdangblue

Is there something in the air? on 18:47 - Nov 8 by dingdangblue

As been stated, they already acted on the off the ball elbow back in Sept. 3 match ban. Also had previous before that ! Bit of a nutter this one!
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/17587708

I know Calvins was bad - but surely his unblemished career up till then meant for something. You've potentially got another player getting less of a ban for his 3rd charge in 4 years!

Meant to put it on here but put it on the Calvin thread by accident. Now this is in no way excusing what Calvin did but 4 games for a serial offender (3 violent misconduct charges in 4 years) seems as lenient as Calvin's punishment harsh. As ever the F.A seem to make it up as they go along.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FA/status/796298840378904577/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5E

Is there something in the air? on 11:22 - Nov 9 with 1663 viewsdingdangblue

Is there something in the air? on 11:12 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

Meant to put it on here but put it on the Calvin thread by accident. Now this is in no way excusing what Calvin did but 4 games for a serial offender (3 violent misconduct charges in 4 years) seems as lenient as Calvin's punishment harsh. As ever the F.A seem to make it up as they go along.

https://mobile.twitter.com/FA/status/796298840378904577/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5E

That F.A statement isn't even factually correct. McFadzean hasn't been sent off twice. They've both been missed by the officials - it's his 2nd violent misconduct charge. Joke.

Is there something in the air? on 12:40 - Nov 9 with 1571 viewsnordenblue

Is there something in the air? on 19:41 - Nov 8 by D_Alien

My interpretation is the arm was thrust out to stop the player from running towards the ball, i.e. interfering with play, and not completely off-the-ball, which Calvin's was

It was an elbow to the face just the same, but occurred with much less aforethought

I believe the 3-game ban was correct, but I also believe Calvin should've got 6 games plus 6 suspended - but what I believe doesn't matter in this instance

To be fair DA they are both "off the ball" and I'd say having your centre half flattened is certainly "interfering with play"
However wrong they both are and there's no denying that, all people would expect is a level of consistency which appears to be too much to ask for,for the record I fully agree with your 6 game immediate ban for Calvin etc...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024