Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
50 supporters short for Carlisle. 13:27 - Dec 3 with 5639 viewsToffeemanc

Going to be 50 Dale fans not making the game today as the official coach is in service's near Bolton's stadium broken down. Been here since 12:00 and no replacement coach arrived as yet. Never going to get to the game on time now. [Cry]

[Post edited 3 Dec 2016 13:29]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 00:47 - Dec 6 with 1568 viewsbatfink

Being one of the 49 I have to admit I would have preferred Barrow, have a Christmas do starting at 8pm on the 17th so if I did take the free trip to sixfields I'd be cutting it fine to say the least.
50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 11:02 - Dec 6 with 1402 viewspioneer

Seems like the fairest thing to do would be to offer a full credit to any away game coach travel for the rest of the season. To restrict it to any particular game means that folks unable to go to that particular game lose out.

I dont see how the club would lose out unless they are hoping that many may not be able to go to the pre Xmas Northampton game and so the total value of the refund will be less. I hope that is not the thinking behind it.

I know it is unlikely to happen but in principle I would expect individuals would have a strong legal case for a full refund.
50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 12:49 - Dec 6 with 1305 viewsdingdangblue

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 11:02 - Dec 6 by pioneer

Seems like the fairest thing to do would be to offer a full credit to any away game coach travel for the rest of the season. To restrict it to any particular game means that folks unable to go to that particular game lose out.

I dont see how the club would lose out unless they are hoping that many may not be able to go to the pre Xmas Northampton game and so the total value of the refund will be less. I hope that is not the thinking behind it.

I know it is unlikely to happen but in principle I would expect individuals would have a strong legal case for a full refund.

I'm not sure about the legal case for a full refund bit? A replacement coach came and they got to the ground to see the half we scored both goals and won. I could understand if no coach came and they missed the game completely. Not sure why the Northampton game has been chosen though? Surely the most logical option would be the FA cup game at Barrow seeing as it was an FA cup game where the breakdown occurred. A rethink is needed by the club.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 13:57 - Dec 6 with 1245 viewsD_Alien

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 12:49 - Dec 6 by dingdangblue

I'm not sure about the legal case for a full refund bit? A replacement coach came and they got to the ground to see the half we scored both goals and won. I could understand if no coach came and they missed the game completely. Not sure why the Northampton game has been chosen though? Surely the most logical option would be the FA cup game at Barrow seeing as it was an FA cup game where the breakdown occurred. A rethink is needed by the club.

It's pretty obvious why the Northampton game was chosen

TVOS has spelt it out for us in this thread, and the way in which the OS presents it makes it plain that its "take it or leave it", which is pretty contemptuous really

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 14:13 - Dec 6 with 1223 viewsTVOS1907

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 13:57 - Dec 6 by D_Alien

It's pretty obvious why the Northampton game was chosen

TVOS has spelt it out for us in this thread, and the way in which the OS presents it makes it plain that its "take it or leave it", which is pretty contemptuous really

I'm not sure I've spelt it out as such; I was merely offering my opinion as to why I think the Northampton coach is a reasonable option.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 15:19 - Dec 6 with 1167 viewspioneer

I had a ticket for the Man U v Chelski Champions League Final in Moscow. The flight I booked never took off because of fog (yes I was suicidal for a while!). They wanted to rebook me on a later flight which would have been useless (would have arrived in Moscow after my return flight had departed!). I explained to the airline that the cancellation meant I missed the whole purpose of the travel. At first they 'baulked' saying weather was out of their control but after a second bite I received a full refund. (Still got the unused match ticket!).

Have to agree with other posters that while this is better than nothing it does look a bit like how can we minimise the cost, make sure its an offer that not everyone takes up. Why on earth dont the club try for once to take a fans perspective. The amounts of money that we are talking about here are trifiling.
50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 16:18 - Dec 6 with 1111 viewsD_Alien

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 14:13 - Dec 6 by TVOS1907

I'm not sure I've spelt it out as such; I was merely offering my opinion as to why I think the Northampton coach is a reasonable option.

It's accepted as an opinion - I certainly wasn't seeking to imply your post had any official stamp in this regard

Unfortunately I think your opinion is correct, although you disagree that it's unfortunate, which is fair enough

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 16:03 - Dec 17 with 951 viewsD_Alien

I wonder how many of the Carlisle half-timers have taken advantage of the free trip to Northants?

And more importantly, how many have gone on the coach who wouldn't have done so via any mode of transport if it weren't free?

Login to get fewer ads

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 19:05 - Dec 17 with 827 viewsjohndale

50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 16:03 - Dec 17 by D_Alien

I wonder how many of the Carlisle half-timers have taken advantage of the free trip to Northants?

And more importantly, how many have gone on the coach who wouldn't have done so via any mode of transport if it weren't free?

A mate of mine did
50 supporters short for Carlisle. on 19:10 - Dec 17 with 792 viewsTipperaryDale

Anyone else remember a coach to Fleetwood which broke down, meaning we missed the entire first half?

Complained to Stotts, only to receive short shrift and no money back. These lot were lucky they got anything!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024