Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum 12:56 - Dec 6 with 13428 viewsClitheroeDale

http://www.barrowafc.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24362&start=135

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:11 - Dec 6 with 8319 viewsfitzochris

Probably one of the worst pieces of presumptive analysis I've read on a football forum:

"Definitely a winnable game. An excellent result for them at Carlisle BUT the previous 6 away matches before that the results were Lost 3-0 at Gillingham, Lost 4-0 at Bradford City, Won 2-1 at Hartlepool, Drew 1-1 at Maidstone Utd, Lost 2-0 at Coventry City, Lost 3-0 at Swindon! Hardly inspiring away form and the heavy defeats would indicate of a team that doesn't put a great deal of effort in when playing away and things don't start well if you compare it to their very good home form."

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:18 - Dec 6 with 8282 views100notout

"Rochdale will bring about 300-400 no more "

I would imagine / hope / expect we would take at least double that

edit if of course we are given that many tickets!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 13:19]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:19 - Dec 6 with 8277 viewsfitzochris

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:18 - Dec 6 by 100notout

"Rochdale will bring about 300-400 no more "

I would imagine / hope / expect we would take at least double that

edit if of course we are given that many tickets!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 13:19]

We might not be allowed to.

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:22 - Dec 6 with 8264 views100notout

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:19 - Dec 6 by fitzochris

We might not be allowed to.

Not sure of the rules for the FA Cup - seem to recall making 25% of ground available for away fans? Might be imagining that!

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:35 - Dec 6 with 8208 views1907

Some thoroughly disrespectful, ill advised and jealous comments on there. They really couldn't be more different than the humble Carlisle fans we've recently encountered. These lot have no idea what we're about, let's hope Keith has the time absolutely firing for this and we kick their arse!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 13:37]
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:35 - Dec 6 with 8205 viewsdingdangblue

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:22 - Dec 6 by 100notout

Not sure of the rules for the FA Cup - seem to recall making 25% of ground available for away fans? Might be imagining that!

The rule is 15% minimum. Obviously its the clubs discretion if they want to give more (like Dale giving 3500)
4414: Will mean only 662 if they think they'll fill the home ends. (not sure what their away end holds).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:38 - Dec 6 with 8182 viewsfitzochris

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:35 - Dec 6 by dingdangblue

The rule is 15% minimum. Obviously its the clubs discretion if they want to give more (like Dale giving 3500)
4414: Will mean only 662 if they think they'll fill the home ends. (not sure what their away end holds).

Do the police get a say also? Or is that just down to whether or not the tie is all ticket?

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:43 - Dec 6 with 8168 viewsSwissdale

They've every right to think they have a chance of progressing - we will go in as favourites, but that means nothing and it will be a tough game.

Not sure why some are so confident we will bring '300, no more' - how many did we take to Carlisle? Going off the 15% rule we'd get just over 600 tickets, which I think we'd sell out.
Login to get fewer ads

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:47 - Dec 6 with 8149 views100notout

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:35 - Dec 6 by dingdangblue

Cheers Dinger

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:48 - Dec 6 with 8144 viewsfitzochris

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:43 - Dec 6 by Swissdale

They've every right to think they have a chance of progressing - we will go in as favourites, but that means nothing and it will be a tough game.

Not sure why some are so confident we will bring '300, no more' - how many did we take to Carlisle? Going off the 15% rule we'd get just over 600 tickets, which I think we'd sell out.

If we get 600 tickets for the tie, they will be snapped up no problem, yes.

As for their forum, I don't think many of them are arrogant, just naive when it comes to looking at our away form - games which have been against League One clubs, not Conference clubs. The away games against lower league opposition recently have been won or drawn. The post that assumed we were lazy away from home made me chuckle - that is one thing that cannot be said of a Keith Hill side.

Any road, as I said on the other thread, as a one off cup game, they have every chance of beating us, as we would a Leeds United and Nottingham Forest. There should be nothing taken for granted.

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:49 - Dec 6 with 8142 viewsDaley_Lama

The rule I think is 15% away allocation.

It's easy to do analysis of teams from afar without absolutely no knowledge of their club/team. For example

Barrow are a non league tin pot outfit just about hanging onto a playoff spot for promotion to League 2. Even if they got into the playoffs they would get leathered by much bigger clubs such as Dover and Lincoln. They're lucky if they get a crowd over 1000 so they should give us 50% of their tiny 4000 capacity to save us any worries about ticket allocations and people missing out.

They've got L Hughes playing for them, he must be about 50 now and is a guaranteed sending off in the first 5 minutes. Probably a Notts County thing as their manager used to play for them too. They should have stuck with Bayliss, at least he knew about stuff.

Talking of old boys, Andy Haworth plays for them. Say no more.

Their squad is full of fairweather foreigners such as Diarra and Panayiotou who won't like it up em on a cold January afternoon. They've loads of loanees too from Notts Forest who we dumped out of the cup recently, so their mental scarring will play into our hands.

Should be a doddle. I reckon we will put 5 or 6 past them if we want, but will probably declare when we get to 4 up as we normally do against seriously inferior teams.

Poll: DF in or out

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:50 - Dec 6 with 8137 viewsgriff

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:35 - Dec 6 by 1907

Some thoroughly disrespectful, ill advised and jealous comments on there. They really couldn't be more different than the humble Carlisle fans we've recently encountered. These lot have no idea what we're about, let's hope Keith has the time absolutely firing for this and we kick their arse!
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 13:37]

Aye, they are a bit different down there. They don't even think they should be in Cumbria tbf.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:52 - Dec 6 with 8118 viewsdingdangblue

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:49 - Dec 6 by Daley_Lama

The rule I think is 15% away allocation.

It's easy to do analysis of teams from afar without absolutely no knowledge of their club/team. For example

Barrow are a non league tin pot outfit just about hanging onto a playoff spot for promotion to League 2. Even if they got into the playoffs they would get leathered by much bigger clubs such as Dover and Lincoln. They're lucky if they get a crowd over 1000 so they should give us 50% of their tiny 4000 capacity to save us any worries about ticket allocations and people missing out.

They've got L Hughes playing for them, he must be about 50 now and is a guaranteed sending off in the first 5 minutes. Probably a Notts County thing as their manager used to play for them too. They should have stuck with Bayliss, at least he knew about stuff.

Talking of old boys, Andy Haworth plays for them. Say no more.

Their squad is full of fairweather foreigners such as Diarra and Panayiotou who won't like it up em on a cold January afternoon. They've loads of loanees too from Notts Forest who we dumped out of the cup recently, so their mental scarring will play into our hands.

Should be a doddle. I reckon we will put 5 or 6 past them if we want, but will probably declare when we get to 4 up as we normally do against seriously inferior teams.

They had 1600 v York (might be their biggest home crowd this season?).
Ex Dale loanee Danny Livesey also plays for them.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:55 - Dec 6 with 8105 viewsfitzochris

Even before the draw, the player I noticed was that Byron Harrison fellah - mainly because he seems to score every week.

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:56 - Dec 6 with 8100 viewsDaley_Lama

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:52 - Dec 6 by dingdangblue

They had 1600 v York (might be their biggest home crowd this season?).
Ex Dale loanee Danny Livesey also plays for them.

900 of them were from York

They got 1900 ish versus Eastleigh, the opposition must have brought over 1000.

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 14:29 - Dec 6 with 8009 viewsdingdangblue

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 13:56 - Dec 6 by Daley_Lama

900 of them were from York

They got 1900 ish versus Eastleigh, the opposition must have brought over 1000.

You would hope they would be sensible and give us at least 1000 tickets.

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 14:30 - Dec 6 with 8008 viewsLuke8686

I was born in Barrow and have family there so my loyalties are split for this one!

I expect Dale to triumph but it will not be easy tie. Holker Street is one hell of a tough ground to play at with no stands at both ends of the ground - the wind will be howling straight off Morecambe Bay, particularly in early Jan.

They have a wealthy American investor in Paul Casson - he has pumped a lot of cash into the club over the last couple of seasons, hence the 'fairweather foreigners' that a poster mentioned earlier.

The 'L Hughes' is ex-Cambridge midfielder Liam Hughes, not the aging thug who should still be behind bars.

They are unbeaten since August and have been scoring for fun, both home and away lately so can not be underestimated. However I think we will have too much for them.
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 15:15 - Dec 6 with 7875 views1907

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 14:30 - Dec 6 by Luke8686

I was born in Barrow and have family there so my loyalties are split for this one!

I expect Dale to triumph but it will not be easy tie. Holker Street is one hell of a tough ground to play at with no stands at both ends of the ground - the wind will be howling straight off Morecambe Bay, particularly in early Jan.

They have a wealthy American investor in Paul Casson - he has pumped a lot of cash into the club over the last couple of seasons, hence the 'fairweather foreigners' that a poster mentioned earlier.

The 'L Hughes' is ex-Cambridge midfielder Liam Hughes, not the aging thug who should still be behind bars.

They are unbeaten since August and have been scoring for fun, both home and away lately so can not be underestimated. However I think we will have too much for them.

Personally I don't think we have or will see any underestimation from any Rochdale fan. If anything the undersetimations appear to be coming from the Barrow fans!
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 15:47 - Dec 6 with 7752 viewsR17ALE

Given that we took 450 to Carlisle for round two, I would be amazed if we didn't take over 500 to this one, especially as their ground will be a tick for many supporters. Assuming we're in reasonable form over Christmas, I think we'll have around 700 travel for what is an attractive fixture. As for the allocation - if it's 15% then that's conveniently around 670.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:01 - Dec 6 with 7694 views1907

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 15:47 - Dec 6 by R17ALE

Given that we took 450 to Carlisle for round two, I would be amazed if we didn't take over 500 to this one, especially as their ground will be a tick for many supporters. Assuming we're in reasonable form over Christmas, I think we'll have around 700 travel for what is an attractive fixture. As for the allocation - if it's 15% then that's conveniently around 670.

Especially with the burden of Christmas behind us
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:15 - Dec 6 with 7630 viewsbarrovianbedlam

I think you will get about 650 tickets,
York brought about 80 fans not the 1000 quoted on here.
As for our fans saying it's a winnable game, it's not arrogance as all games are winnable for either team .
Confidence is high 22 games unbeaten a win away to a league one side in last round of course we have the right to think we can win.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 17:32]
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:21 - Dec 6 with 7597 viewsbarrovianbedlam

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 14:30 - Dec 6 by Luke8686

He's not American by the way. He is from barrow
Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:21 - Dec 6 with 7596 viewsDaley_Lama

Pssst

Every single word posted by me on this thread up until this point was an example of how an ill-informed internet poster can make assumptions and post tripe.

This includes mistaking Liam Hughes for Lee Hughes and saying that York took 1000

The FA Cup rule is that the home club has to give the opposition fans minimum 15% of the tickets if they request it, as long as segregation allows this and the away club wants it.

If Dale therefore wanted 15% it would amount to approx. 660, a figure I don't think we would be far off taking.

And you are right to think you can win the game, both teams can. Advantage you to being at home Advantage us to being a good League 1 team. Throw in some FA Cup magic and who knows what the result will be.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 16:23]

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:25 - Dec 6 with 7571 viewsD_Alien

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:15 - Dec 6 by barrovianbedlam

I think you will get about 650 tickets,
York brought about 80 fans not the 1000 quoted on here.
As for our fans saying it's a winnable game, it's not arrogance as all games are winnable for either team .
Confidence is high 22 games unbeaten a win away to a league one side in last round of course we have the right to think we can win.
[Post edited 6 Dec 2016 17:32]

No-one who supports Rochdale - given our history - would imagine for one minute that the tie isn't winnable by Barrow

We've seen comments about lack of effort though. You should be shaking your head about that, along with us

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Some interesting posts on the Barrow forum on 16:34 - Dec 6 with 7530 viewslyberoc

Some jokers on the Rochdale Hornets forum think they should be allocated 1000 tickets lol..
They think York brought 900 for the HS league game.

They don,t even know who they are playing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024