Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 former players available.. 22:53 - Jan 17 with 5044 viewsoddjob007

John O'Sulivan
Bastien Hery

Both had contracts terminated today.
2 former players available.. on 09:35 - Jan 19 with 1706 viewsoddjob007

Coleman's recruitment was better than Eyre's - Long, Edwards, Cavanagh, Rafferty, Bobby Grant were all decent signings, albeit alongside the likes of Craney and McConville.

Who was Eyre's best signing ?!
2 former players available.. on 09:39 - Jan 19 with 1697 viewsShun

2 former players available.. on 07:09 - Jan 19 by TVOS1907

Chris Beech brought Kurucz in and Long and Edwards were recruited by Coleman.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 7:13]

My mistake! Even worse for Eyre then.
2 former players available.. on 09:43 - Jan 19 with 1686 viewsheywooddale

2 former players available.. on 22:11 - Jan 18 by oddjob007

Is there a list available of all the signings made by Eyre, Beech and Coleman?

Edit. Here you go. F me there's some shockers in there.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rochdale-afc/transfers/verein/1088/plus/0?saison_

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rochdale-afc/transfers/verein/1088/plus/0?saison_
[Post edited 18 Jan 2017 22:17]

I don't know how, but I forgot about Trotman.

I feel a little ill just thinking about some of his shocking defending.
2 former players available.. on 09:55 - Jan 19 with 1653 viewsAtThePeake

2 former players available.. on 01:07 - Jan 19 by Shun

That is one incredible amount of shit, and I've only looked at Eyre's list! I'd forgotten how many players he actually brought in in the short space of time he was here. Crazy. I'm struggling to count many good ones. Kevin Long, Peter Kurucz, David Ball, Phil Edwards. I'm pushing it with the last two! Harry Bunn and Stephen Darby went on to do quite well with other clubs, but with us they were the epitome of averageness.

To be fair I thought Darby was one of our better players that season (not much competition I admit), just completely let down by an otherwise horrible defence. Would have been interesting to see how he'd have developed had he stayed with the club instead of us signing Raff.

Tangled up in blue.

2 former players available.. on 09:58 - Jan 19 with 1639 viewsBigDaveMyCock

2 former players available.. on 09:35 - Jan 19 by oddjob007

Coleman's recruitment was better than Eyre's - Long, Edwards, Cavanagh, Rafferty, Bobby Grant were all decent signings, albeit alongside the likes of Craney and McConville.

Who was Eyre's best signing ?!

Darby, Ball and Bunn have to varying degrees done ok to well elsewhere but were not great shakes here.

Probably Tutte and he was sh1te.

Is it true that Eyre wanted to sign Pim Balkenstein on a full-time deal despite him being moved to left back because he was so bad at centre half (he was equally as bad at left back tbf)? Apparently the chur stepped in and said errr no I don't fooking think so.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 10:10]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

2 former players available.. on 11:11 - Jan 19 with 1557 viewsfitzochris

2 former players available.. on 09:58 - Jan 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Darby, Ball and Bunn have to varying degrees done ok to well elsewhere but were not great shakes here.

Probably Tutte and he was sh1te.

Is it true that Eyre wanted to sign Pim Balkenstein on a full-time deal despite him being moved to left back because he was so bad at centre half (he was equally as bad at left back tbf)? Apparently the chur stepped in and said errr no I don't fooking think so.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 10:10]

The chur stepped in on both Eyre and Coleman-proposed signings.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

2 former players available.. on 11:32 - Jan 19 with 1529 viewsBigDaveMyCock

2 former players available.. on 11:11 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

The chur stepped in on both Eyre and Coleman-proposed signings.

Mconcville?

2 former players available.. on 11:39 - Jan 19 with 1501 viewsfitzochris

2 former players available.. on 11:32 - Jan 19 by BigDaveMyCock

Mconcville?

He said there were "several" and named only a couple of names, but I probably shouldn't repeat them on here.

It was enlightening to discover that the chairman was far from passive during this period, though. While he did back both managers, there was clearly a limit.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 11:41]

Login to get fewer ads

2 former players available.. on 11:55 - Jan 19 with 1465 viewsBigDaveMyCock

2 former players available.. on 11:39 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

He said there were "several" and named only a couple of names, but I probably shouldn't repeat them on here.

It was enlightening to discover that the chairman was far from passive during this period, though. While he did back both managers, there was clearly a limit.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 11:41]

No, fair enough.

Whilst it's perfectly understandable the Chur vetoing a transfer on the issue of cost, it's interesting if he vetoed transfers for other reasons. I am only speculating but with McConvillle I suspect it got to the point where the old pals thing (wasn't he related to Bell?) was getting too much. With Pim, I suspect it was because he was god awful. You'd have liked to think Eyre would have spotted that though.

2 former players available.. on 12:22 - Jan 19 with 1407 viewsTVOS1907

2 former players available.. on 11:55 - Jan 19 by BigDaveMyCock

No, fair enough.

Whilst it's perfectly understandable the Chur vetoing a transfer on the issue of cost, it's interesting if he vetoed transfers for other reasons. I am only speculating but with McConvillle I suspect it got to the point where the old pals thing (wasn't he related to Bell?) was getting too much. With Pim, I suspect it was because he was god awful. You'd have liked to think Eyre would have spotted that though.

Please, it's FRMSE.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

2 former players available.. on 12:22 - Jan 19 with 1407 viewsjudd

No, fair enough.

Perhaps Eyre was full of Pims at the time?

Only saying....

Poll: What is it to be then?

2 former players available.. on 12:29 - Jan 19 with 1388 viewsBigDaveMyCock

I wonder if he thought Twaddle was Waddle's nephew from Bolton?

2 former players available.. on 12:34 - Jan 19 with 1377 viewsfitzochris

No, fair enough.

I think it was a mix of cost and ability, to be honest. There was a particularColeman signing vetoed because of the player's position, for example. Coleman had pleaded that he needed a player for a certain position but the player name he put forward didn't play in that position.

Then there's Ian Craney...
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 12:39]

2 former players available.. on 12:43 - Jan 19 with 1335 viewsBigDaveMyCock

2 former players available.. on 12:34 - Jan 19 by fitzochris

I think it was a mix of cost and ability, to be honest. There was a particularColeman signing vetoed because of the player's position, for example. Coleman had pleaded that he needed a player for a certain position but the player name he put forward didn't play in that position.

Then there's Ian Craney...
[Post edited 19 Jan 2017 12:39]

The chur clearly doesn't have a clue, Frannie Jeffers would have made a great centre half.

2 former players available.. on 12:59 - Jan 19 with 1304 viewsjudd

2 former players available.. on 12:43 - Jan 19 by BigDaveMyCock

The chur clearly doesn't have a clue, Frannie Jeffers would have made a great centre half.

He could of gone in goal and we'd of got a free corner flag for either side.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024