Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
other scores of interest (n/t) 14:54 - Feb 25 with 4959 viewshxdale

other scores of interest (n/t) on 20:55 - Feb 26 with 1555 viewsD_Alien

other scores of interest (n/t) on 20:13 - Feb 26 by BigDaveMyCock

Well that's the Brexit vote explained.

All in one post, amazing!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

other scores of interest (n/t) on 07:52 - Feb 27 with 1459 viewsBigDaveMyCock

other scores of interest (n/t) on 20:55 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

All in one post, amazing!

But you are D_Alien.

Given your omnipresence would you say you've underachieved a bit?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

other scores of interest (n/t) on 10:05 - Feb 27 with 1400 viewsrochdaleriddler

other scores of interest (n/t) on 12:59 - Feb 26 by D_Alien

I posted during the transfer window about taking on promising premier league/championship youngsters not being our style

Well, we took them on, and it's not, and I'm not posting that in a 'told you so' way at all because I'm as disappointed in what difference Taylor, Kitching (so far) and Wilson to a lesser extent have made

We just don't seem to get it right, and they don't blend in with our ethos, although I hope Kitching will do eventually

More a case of not signing the right ones, we seem to sign a lot of loan players who rarely play, if they can't get game time during an injury crisis when will they play?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

other scores of interest (n/t) on 11:08 - Feb 27 with 1383 viewsD_Alien

other scores of interest (n/t) on 07:52 - Feb 27 by BigDaveMyCock

But you are D_Alien.

Given your omnipresence would you say you've underachieved a bit?

No, how about you?

Just to add, my Frenchman reference was a pisstake on the use of "omniscience", following the 'irony alert'

It appears you've lost your irony radar in your efforts to act like everyone's minder
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 11:29]

other scores of interest (n/t) on 11:17 - Feb 27 with 1375 viewsD_Alien

other scores of interest (n/t) on 10:05 - Feb 27 by rochdaleriddler

More a case of not signing the right ones, we seem to sign a lot of loan players who rarely play, if they can't get game time during an injury crisis when will they play?

Decent point, addressing the issue

I can't help thinking that when young players arrive on loan from clubs with far superior resources they hit a kind of wall to begin with. Taylor was effusive in his praise for Hilly on arrival, then got dragged off just as he was starting to find his feet in his first game - that can't have been easy to take

Kitching was offered a contract before he'd been here two minutes (and perhaps those posting shite in this thread should get the point that I'd followed that from the outset, to save themselves from wasting all our time)

[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 11:21]

other scores of interest (n/t) on 18:55 - Feb 27 with 1264 viewsBigDaveMyCock

other scores of interest (n/t) on 11:08 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

No, how about you?

Just to add, my Frenchman reference was a pisstake on the use of "omniscience", following the 'irony alert'

It appears you've lost your irony radar in your efforts to act like everyone's minder
[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 11:29]

Well, some people are selfless and some aren't.

other scores of interest (n/t) on 22:01 - Feb 27 with 1209 viewsD_Alien

other scores of interest (n/t) on 18:55 - Feb 27 by BigDaveMyCock

Well, some people are selfless and some aren't.

There are very few people who are truly selfless, and i'd hazard a guess that you aren't one of them. Neither am I.

There's also real life and football messageboards, and it helps if you can distinguish between them.

For instance, misinterpreting the written word can have consequences if someone is being paid a lot of money to act on behalf of a client. I'm sure someone who misinterprets written communications on this messageboard is more conscientious in real life. Indemnity insurance can only stretch so far, as my former partner used to say.

other scores of interest (n/t) on 07:03 - Feb 28 with 1119 viewsBigDaveMyCock

other scores of interest (n/t) on 22:01 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

There are very few people who are truly selfless, and i'd hazard a guess that you aren't one of them. Neither am I.

There's also real life and football messageboards, and it helps if you can distinguish between them.

For instance, misinterpreting the written word can have consequences if someone is being paid a lot of money to act on behalf of a client. I'm sure someone who misinterprets written communications on this messageboard is more conscientious in real life. Indemnity insurance can only stretch so far, as my former partner used to say.

It's official, there's a glue epidemic.

Login to get fewer ads

other scores of interest (n/t) on 11:28 - Feb 28 with 1047 viewsD_Alien

other scores of interest (n/t) on 07:03 - Feb 28 by BigDaveMyCock

It's official, there's a glue epidemic.

That's what happens to people who've spent 35 years underachieving in the NHS.

I'm sure that selflessly charging people, what, £50 an hour - or more? for sometimes doing very little is worthwhile too, for you. Glue's pretty expensive these days, eh?

Watch those premiums, too
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 11:32]

other scores of interest (n/t) on 12:04 - Feb 28 with 1006 viewsDaleiLama

other scores of interest (n/t) on 11:17 - Feb 27 by D_Alien

Decent point, addressing the issue

I can't help thinking that when young players arrive on loan from clubs with far superior resources they hit a kind of wall to begin with. Taylor was effusive in his praise for Hilly on arrival, then got dragged off just as he was starting to find his feet in his first game - that can't have been easy to take

Kitching was offered a contract before he'd been here two minutes (and perhaps those posting shite in this thread should get the point that I'd followed that from the outset, to save themselves from wasting all our time)

[Post edited 27 Feb 2017 11:21]

I'll preface this by saying I'm not accusing you of knee-jerk reactions as it's not your m.o., but just re-reading your post after reading the latest Hilly comments "Niall Canavan’s injury will keep him out of the game, while Jack Redshaw has got a problem with shin splints. We’re still waiting on Joe Bunney, Steve Davies and Matty Lund, and we’ve had one or two illnesses — Joel Taylor and Callum Camps, but we’ll be ok" gave me cause to reflect on the topic. I don't disagree with your point, but clearly Taylor didn't play on Saturday (and other dates?) for a good non-footballing reason. I too would have liked to see more of him in JB's absence, but sadly it hasn't been the case.

As for Kitching, there have been some knee-jerk reactions that I've read regarding him on here. If memory serves, he got a game behind closed doors after the loan started and before he put pen to paper, but since then, he came on as a sub in the cup, played 3 full league games, came on as a sub in the 4th and was subbed in the 5th (or vice versa?), yet his career and ability to represent Dale has already been judged by some ffs. Hope JB is having a word in his ear about not losing heart.

Right now it's all hands to the pump. The sooner Keith has a bigger pool of names to choose from, though, the better.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

other scores of interest (n/t) on 12:27 - Feb 28 with 980 viewsD_Alien

other scores of interest (n/t) on 12:04 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

I'll preface this by saying I'm not accusing you of knee-jerk reactions as it's not your m.o., but just re-reading your post after reading the latest Hilly comments "Niall Canavan’s injury will keep him out of the game, while Jack Redshaw has got a problem with shin splints. We’re still waiting on Joe Bunney, Steve Davies and Matty Lund, and we’ve had one or two illnesses — Joel Taylor and Callum Camps, but we’ll be ok" gave me cause to reflect on the topic. I don't disagree with your point, but clearly Taylor didn't play on Saturday (and other dates?) for a good non-footballing reason. I too would have liked to see more of him in JB's absence, but sadly it hasn't been the case.

As for Kitching, there have been some knee-jerk reactions that I've read regarding him on here. If memory serves, he got a game behind closed doors after the loan started and before he put pen to paper, but since then, he came on as a sub in the cup, played 3 full league games, came on as a sub in the 4th and was subbed in the 5th (or vice versa?), yet his career and ability to represent Dale has already been judged by some ffs. Hope JB is having a word in his ear about not losing heart.

Right now it's all hands to the pump. The sooner Keith has a bigger pool of names to choose from, though, the better.

All fair points, as always, Dalei

It would've been useful for us to have had some prior inkling (details not required) as to why Taylor wasn't being selected, and it was mentioned by some that Taylor was seen "warming up" before a game when he wasn't even on the bench, but it could be that there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for that too

At the moment, as with you, all I'm really interested in is getting 3pts under our belt tonight and players back fit and in erm... form

My point about Kitching (which elicited the totally unnecessary tripe subsequently posted on this thread) was that I would hope Hilly saw enough, even in such a short timeframe, for his signing to be justified. So again, I agree with you, and having the actual footballing issues debated is refreshing

Hope your journey to the game tonight is a very worthwhile one!

[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 12:34]

other scores of interest (n/t) on 12:54 - Feb 28 with 940 viewsDaleiLama

other scores of interest (n/t) on 12:27 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

All fair points, as always, Dalei

It would've been useful for us to have had some prior inkling (details not required) as to why Taylor wasn't being selected, and it was mentioned by some that Taylor was seen "warming up" before a game when he wasn't even on the bench, but it could be that there's a perfectly reasonable explanation for that too

At the moment, as with you, all I'm really interested in is getting 3pts under our belt tonight and players back fit and in erm... form

My point about Kitching (which elicited the totally unnecessary tripe subsequently posted on this thread) was that I would hope Hilly saw enough, even in such a short timeframe, for his signing to be justified. So again, I agree with you, and having the actual footballing issues debated is refreshing

Hope your journey to the game tonight is a very worthwhile one!

[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 12:34]

I'm sure I read Hilly had been following Kitching's performances, so I have more confidence than some. It looks like there's a decent footballer in there, but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Was going to bring my neighbour to the game tonight as he fancied it, but he isn't one of the ones Russ is trying to attract and I wasn't sure we'd be able to sit together. Will probably bring him to the Millwall game instead.

Fingers crossed for a win tonight!

other scores of interest (n/t) on 13:42 - Feb 28 with 924 viewsBigDaveMyCock

other scores of interest (n/t) on 11:28 - Feb 28 by D_Alien

That's what happens to people who've spent 35 years underachieving in the NHS.

I'm sure that selflessly charging people, what, £50 an hour - or more? for sometimes doing very little is worthwhile too, for you. Glue's pretty expensive these days, eh?

Watch those premiums, too
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 11:32]

Another case of Mr know all knowing fook all.

I draft and advise on commercial and finance contracts. With regards to my hourly charge out rate, quadruple it and you're nearly there. However, I certainly don't see all of that. Firms don't pay that for somebody who does very little, believe me.

Now let's see what other fanciful drivel you're going to come out with to feel vindicated.

There is no underachievement with regards to working inthe NHS. I am just wondering how somebody who knows everything about everything isn't either a captain of industry or prime minister?

other scores of interest (n/t) on 13:47 - Feb 28 with 916 viewsjudd

other scores of interest (n/t) on 13:42 - Feb 28 by BigDaveMyCock

I draft and advise on commercial and finance contracts. With regards to my hourly charge out rate, quadruple it and you're nearly there. However, I certainly don't see all of that. Firms don't pay that for somebody who does very little, believe me.

Now let's see what other fanciful drivel you're going to come out with to feel vindicated.

There is no underachievement with regards to working inthe NHS. I am just wondering how somebody who knows everything about everything isn't either a captain of industry or prime minister?

So how come you was emptying our wheelie bins last week then, Rumpole?

Poll: What is it to be then?

other scores of interest (n/t) on 14:01 - Feb 28 with 900 viewsD_Alien

other scores of interest (n/t) on 13:42 - Feb 28 by BigDaveMyCock

Do captains of industry or prime ministers know everything about everything? They're just doing the job they've chosen to do, like most of us (with a choice)

Congrats on your hourly rate btw, and I agree that you do an important job. My former partner was a solicitor near Altrincham (mainly conveyancing) which perhaps wasn't as lucrative and this was a few years back now, so I have some insight but it's for others to make ridiculous claims about knowing everything.

I did, however, know Kitching had signed a contract, which Mr. Boot chose to make an issue of, and totally unnecessary for you to wade into.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2017 14:26]

other scores of interest (n/t) on 14:04 - Feb 28 with 891 viewsTVOS1907

other scores of interest (n/t) on 12:04 - Feb 28 by DaleiLama

Seems odd that Taylor played in the Lancashire Cup game at Barrow last Wednesday, unless he has picked up his injury since then.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

other scores of interest (n/t) on 14:58 - Feb 28 with 840 viewsDaleiLama

other scores of interest (n/t) on 14:04 - Feb 28 by TVOS1907

Seems odd that Taylor played in the Lancashire Cup game at Barrow last Wednesday, unless he has picked up his injury since then.

I thought I remembered seeing him in a team sheet sometime recently. That's that cleared up and he had an illness not an injury according to Keith, so that suggests he caught something in Barrow? Only joking Barrow!

other scores of interest (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 28 with 755 viewsBigDaveMyCock

other scores of interest (n/t) on 13:47 - Feb 28 by judd

So how come you was emptying our wheelie bins last week then, Rumpole?

It gives a sense of what it's like out there. Green, wheelie and a bit smelly.

other scores of interest (n/t) on 08:05 - Mar 1 with 649 viewsjudd

other scores of interest (n/t) on 19:58 - Feb 28 by BigDaveMyCock

It gives a sense of what it's like out there. Green, wheelie and a bit smelly.

Mind yerself.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024