Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sheff United now all ticket 17:18 - Feb 27 with 14994 views442Dale

http://mobile.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/at-home-sheffield-united-35

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Sheff United now all ticket on 11:01 - Mar 2 with 1554 viewsDaleiLama

Sheff United now all ticket on 10:03 - Mar 2 by fitzochris

As said previously - this game has been allocated as Exiles' Day. There will be people travelling from far and wide (and spending a lot of money in doing so) to attend.

Add to that a sell-out away end, and you would hope that if there is any doubt surrounding the pitch that it is communicated at the earliest opportunity.

I tweeted the club yesterday afty, asking what time the pitch inspection will take place for these exact reasons.

Hopefully the interests of 6,000+ fans will not have gone unnoticed, but no reply as of yet!

It must have been discussed, even if not fully finalised. It wouldn't take a minute to tweet something and put it up on the OS so everyone at least knows where they stand and can start to plan accordingly!

"Concerns over on-going bad weather after Tuesday's postponement; pitch inspection scheduled for XX:XXam Saturday, after which, an announcement on whether the game can be played will be made".

They can even copy/paste the above

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Sheff United now all ticket on 11:07 - Mar 2 with 1538 viewsDaleiLama

Sheff United now all ticket on 10:59 - Mar 2 by dingdangblue

All ticket has added a further problem now - are people going to buy a ticket if the club say the pitch is a worry and there will be an inspection? It would be nice however if the club make some sort of statement on the current state of the pitch?

Are they also going to want to process hundreds of refunds if they sell a load of tickets to a game that is going to be called off (if that is likely to be the case)? Also, (and I know weather was a big factor) there was a lot of goodwill lost over the PV postponement.

I agree wholeheartedly with your second comment - the club should make a statement of some sort. It's not just the 6,000+ fans affected by this either!

Sheff United now all ticket on 13:51 - Mar 2 with 1320 viewsRowZ

Does anyone know if I will be able to decide to come to the game on the morning of the game (if it's on) ?

Won't be sure until Saturday morning, but obviously don't want to buy a ticket beforehand if it will be wasted...

Of course sometimes we change all-ticket to pay-on-the-day, but if we don't, can I go to the ticket office before hand?
Sheff United now all ticket on 14:21 - Mar 2 with 1268 viewsDaleiLama

Sheff United now all ticket on 13:51 - Mar 2 by RowZ

Does anyone know if I will be able to decide to come to the game on the morning of the game (if it's on) ?

Won't be sure until Saturday morning, but obviously don't want to buy a ticket beforehand if it will be wasted...

Of course sometimes we change all-ticket to pay-on-the-day, but if we don't, can I go to the ticket office before hand?

If you go to the homepage of this site and click on the "Blades all ticket" story, it gives this info (which of course might change!!!):

With the visitors selling all of their tickets for the Willbutts Lane stand, the game will now be all ticket for all supporters meaning Dale supporters will have to get their tickets in advance of the game. Previous games that lost their all ticket status did so due to both sides failing to sell out meaning that its expected to remain all ticket.

The ticket office will be open until 5pm on Thursday and 7pm on Friday. Normal matchday ticket prices will apply. Telephone orders will be expected, and the club have waived any admin fees for tickets bought this way. They can be purchased via 08448261907, and it is believed checks will be made to ensure tickets aren't sold to Sheffield supporters.

- See more at: http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/rochdale/news/45202/blades-clash-all-ticket

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:14 - Mar 2 with 1101 views442Dale

Sheff United now all ticket on 11:01 - Mar 2 by DaleiLama

I tweeted the club yesterday afty, asking what time the pitch inspection will take place for these exact reasons.

Hopefully the interests of 6,000+ fans will not have gone unnoticed, but no reply as of yet!

It must have been discussed, even if not fully finalised. It wouldn't take a minute to tweet something and put it up on the OS so everyone at least knows where they stand and can start to plan accordingly!

"Concerns over on-going bad weather after Tuesday's postponement; pitch inspection scheduled for XX:XXam Saturday, after which, an announcement on whether the game can be played will be made".

They can even copy/paste the above

There are four different stories on the OS that are related to Saturday's game. It's very surprising that there's been no reassurance/update around the pitch.

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:23 - Mar 2 with 3634 viewsD_Alien

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:14 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

There are four different stories on the OS that are related to Saturday's game. It's very surprising that there's been no reassurance/update around the pitch.

I think that, given the recent 'general' improvement in communications, we could read into that there's no reassurance to be had, and the club are in two, three or possibly four minds as to how to put across anything that won't either be misinterpreted or might result in an avoidable but significant loss of gate income if the worst case scenario doesn't occur

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:35 - Mar 2 with 3591 views442Dale

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:23 - Mar 2 by D_Alien

I think that, given the recent 'general' improvement in communications, we could read into that there's no reassurance to be had, and the club are in two, three or possibly four minds as to how to put across anything that won't either be misinterpreted or might result in an avoidable but significant loss of gate income if the worst case scenario doesn't occur

Agreed. It's difficult but as we saw the other night, there is a necessity to say something at some stage soon. They can't run the risk of another lack of communications nightmare and the obvious associated criticism.

For example, have we acquired any covers to help? If not, is there something else that the club believes they're hopeful the pitch will be ok?

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:41 - Mar 2 with 3575 viewsD_Alien

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:35 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

Agreed. It's difficult but as we saw the other night, there is a necessity to say something at some stage soon. They can't run the risk of another lack of communications nightmare and the obvious associated criticism.

For example, have we acquired any covers to help? If not, is there something else that the club believes they're hopeful the pitch will be ok?

It'd be expected that the people who relaid the pitch have been consulted and brought back in to advise or possibly apply a remedy, albeit temporary. At the very least, that could be communicated; and if they haven't... god help us

[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 17:42]

Login to get fewer ads

Sheff United now all ticket on 18:07 - Mar 2 with 3525 views442Dale

Met Office forecast has changed slightly rain expected from evening tomorrow and overnight.

Sheff United now all ticket on 19:14 - Mar 2 with 3410 viewsdingdangblue

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:41 - Mar 2 by D_Alien

It'd be expected that the people who relaid the pitch have been consulted and brought back in to advise or possibly apply a remedy, albeit temporary. At the very least, that could be communicated; and if they haven't... god help us

[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 17:42]

There is going to be a big sponge there Saturday - maybe that could help.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sheff United now all ticket on 19:44 - Mar 2 with 3356 viewsD_Alien

Sheff United now all ticket on 19:14 - Mar 2 by dingdangblue

There is going to be a big sponge there Saturday - maybe that could help.

tbf, PDIDDY could advise on big sponges

Sheff United now all ticket on 21:50 - Mar 2 with 3213 views442Dale

One thing I might have missed but needs confirming is whether tickets can be bought on the day of the game. The ad on Twitter says "fans must purchase tickets in advance of the game". Is advance on Saturday up to kick off too?

If so, that should lead to more turning up... should they know about it!
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 21:51]

Sheff United now all ticket on 23:11 - Mar 2 with 3108 viewsD_Alien

Sheff United now all ticket on 21:50 - Mar 2 by 442Dale

One thing I might have missed but needs confirming is whether tickets can be bought on the day of the game. The ad on Twitter says "fans must purchase tickets in advance of the game". Is advance on Saturday up to kick off too?

If so, that should lead to more turning up... should they know about it!
[Post edited 2 Mar 2017 21:51]

This is the issue raised by RowZ (13.51 this thread) and Dalei copied the link to the OS info, which for some unaccountable reason doesn't indicate whether the deadline for ticket purchase (in person or via phone) is 7pm on Friday - which is surprising because all-ticket fixtures having always included this particular point in the past!

Sheff United now all ticket on 06:51 - Mar 3 with 2979 viewsfitzochris

Sheff United now all ticket on 23:11 - Mar 2 by D_Alien

This is the issue raised by RowZ (13.51 this thread) and Dalei copied the link to the OS info, which for some unaccountable reason doesn't indicate whether the deadline for ticket purchase (in person or via phone) is 7pm on Friday - which is surprising because all-ticket fixtures having always included this particular point in the past!

I thought the all-ticket aspect was to prevent Sheff U fans getting in the home ends? If that's the case, selling the tickets on match day would be a little counter intuitive. It doesn't help genuine Dale supporters, I know.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sheff United now all ticket on 08:08 - Mar 3 with 2906 viewsDaleiLama

Sheff United now all ticket on 06:51 - Mar 3 by fitzochris

I thought the all-ticket aspect was to prevent Sheff U fans getting in the home ends? If that's the case, selling the tickets on match day would be a little counter intuitive. It doesn't help genuine Dale supporters, I know.

Just to clarify, the link I posted and info was on the homepage of this forum, not the OS, but it may also be on the OS and I take it the words came from the club anyway? I also took it as read that tickets would not be on sale either at the ticket office, on-line or by phone after the end of today (midnight on-line?), but even the tweet put out this morning is totally ambiguous in this respect (see below).

The discussion has once again gone full circle back to Col's suggestion of a membership scheme. If all home fans carried a "Team Rochdale" credit card sized i.d., p-o-t-d would be possible and it would obviate this Catch 22. How can it be in the best interests of the club to try to advance sell as many tickets as possible to customers for a game which may be called off, when it could be made p-o-t-d to home fans only. A very early game-day announcement (if negative) would then benefit all concerned. It shouldn't be difficult to set up either. A4 membership form, fill in, drop off, club sends card in post. Done. Make it free with the Hogan windfall - skip the £1 admin fee. It will pay for itself in the long term. Add a chip and there's all sorts of possibilities, but let's learn to crawl before we try to run eh?

[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 8:10]

Sheff United now all ticket on 09:06 - Mar 3 with 2848 viewsTheRazor

Well, miracles do happen! I've managed to get myself a ticket for this game, despite our allocation being totally sold out. I put my name on the waiting list and got lucky! It shouldn't have been necessary as I've got trillions of loyalty points but I nearly missed out. I just hope the game is on now.

I didn't realise that you've got one of our ex players, Steve Davies, in your squad? I liked him tbh. Cloughy brought him in and I thought he was a class player and would have liked us to have signed him - although he has always been a bit injury prone. I'm sure he'll be a threat to us if he plays.

In fact, you've got a couple of other ex-Blades players, Mendez-Laing and McGahey. Mendez-Laing played for us on loan under Danny Wilson. He was rather hit and miss. Good pace and a threat at times but a bit woeful at other times. We bought McGahey from Blackpool and understood from them that he was one of their best prospects. To be fair, he wasn't terribly convincing for us although it's true to say he didn't have a lot of opportunities. Big lad, good in the air but, I don't know, he seem to get caught out at times, but there's plenty of years ahead of him to improve and I think he will benefit from more regular first team football.

I thought Andrew and Henderson were good players for you when you came to the lane earlier on this season. You gave us a hard game back then - but it was also quite a scrappy game and a draw was probably a fair result. We've moved up several gears since then - it was an unconvincing start to the season for us to say the least - but we've played consistently well ever since. So, I think this one will be a lot tougher for you than when we last met.

Having said that, anything can happen over 90 minutes and you're obviously one of the better teams in this division. You might just slip into the play-offs with a few good results over the coming weeks.

Anyhow - enjoy the game! Good luck for the rest of the season, not including tomorrow, and appreciate the friendly banter on here.
Sheff United now all ticket on 09:21 - Mar 3 with 2813 viewsdingdangblue

Sheff United now all ticket on 09:06 - Mar 3 by TheRazor

Well, miracles do happen! I've managed to get myself a ticket for this game, despite our allocation being totally sold out. I put my name on the waiting list and got lucky! It shouldn't have been necessary as I've got trillions of loyalty points but I nearly missed out. I just hope the game is on now.

I didn't realise that you've got one of our ex players, Steve Davies, in your squad? I liked him tbh. Cloughy brought him in and I thought he was a class player and would have liked us to have signed him - although he has always been a bit injury prone. I'm sure he'll be a threat to us if he plays.

In fact, you've got a couple of other ex-Blades players, Mendez-Laing and McGahey. Mendez-Laing played for us on loan under Danny Wilson. He was rather hit and miss. Good pace and a threat at times but a bit woeful at other times. We bought McGahey from Blackpool and understood from them that he was one of their best prospects. To be fair, he wasn't terribly convincing for us although it's true to say he didn't have a lot of opportunities. Big lad, good in the air but, I don't know, he seem to get caught out at times, but there's plenty of years ahead of him to improve and I think he will benefit from more regular first team football.

I thought Andrew and Henderson were good players for you when you came to the lane earlier on this season. You gave us a hard game back then - but it was also quite a scrappy game and a draw was probably a fair result. We've moved up several gears since then - it was an unconvincing start to the season for us to say the least - but we've played consistently well ever since. So, I think this one will be a lot tougher for you than when we last met.

Having said that, anything can happen over 90 minutes and you're obviously one of the better teams in this division. You might just slip into the play-offs with a few good results over the coming weeks.

Anyhow - enjoy the game! Good luck for the rest of the season, not including tomorrow, and appreciate the friendly banter on here.

You got the best deal out of ex players - Jack O'Connell is a superb player. To be fair Davies has been excellent for us getting into double figures goal wise - and some very important goals at that. He's been a huge miss for us recovering from a knee op - back in training now and possibly close to a bench appearance. Well done getting a ticket - we have no such problems!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Sheff United now all ticket on 09:31 - Mar 3 with 2785 viewsfitzochris

Sheff United now all ticket on 09:21 - Mar 3 by dingdangblue

You got the best deal out of ex players - Jack O'Connell is a superb player. To be fair Davies has been excellent for us getting into double figures goal wise - and some very important goals at that. He's been a huge miss for us recovering from a knee op - back in training now and possibly close to a bench appearance. Well done getting a ticket - we have no such problems!

Unless the internet is down

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Sheff United now all ticket on 13:04 - Mar 3 with 2522 views442Dale

The forecast is much more positive now. Rain from early evening into the night but then dry from the early hours and tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Sheff United now all ticket on 14:53 - Mar 3 with 2363 viewsPDIDDY

Sheff United now all ticket on 19:44 - Mar 2 by D_Alien

tbf, PDIDDY could advise on big sponges

Obsessed

Gissa job

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:23 - Mar 3 with 2284 viewsD_Alien

Sheff United now all ticket on 14:53 - Mar 3 by PDIDDY

Obsessed

Repetitive

Sheff United now all ticket on 16:44 - Mar 3 with 2125 viewsPDIDDY

Sheff United now all ticket on 15:23 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

Repetitive

I get mentioned , I reply.... Easy answer don't mention me , unless of course the person is obsessed 😘😘

Gissa job

Sheff United now all ticket on 16:46 - Mar 3 with 2118 viewsD_Alien

Sheff United now all ticket on 16:44 - Mar 3 by PDIDDY

I get mentioned , I reply.... Easy answer don't mention me , unless of course the person is obsessed 😘😘

You should just soak it all up, spongey

Sheff United now all ticket on 16:52 - Mar 3 with 2102 viewsDaleiLama

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pitch-update-ahead-of-saturday

Sounds very promising!

Well done to the club too for both announcing it and getting the pitch playable!!!!!

Timely announcement for some last minute ticket sales too
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 17:17]

Sheff United now all ticket on 17:26 - Mar 3 with 2011 views442Dale

Sheff United now all ticket on 16:52 - Mar 3 by DaleiLama

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/pitch-update-ahead-of-saturday

Sounds very promising!

Well done to the club too for both announcing it and getting the pitch playable!!!!!

Timely announcement for some last minute ticket sales too
[Post edited 3 Mar 2017 17:17]

Yeah, good update and keeps fans aware that the pitch is going to be ok as it stands.

Rain until 1am then dry from then on is the latest from the Met Office.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024