Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match thread: Scunthorpe 18:49 - Mar 14 with 13462 views442Dale

DALE: Wilson, Rafferty, McNulty, Canavan, McGahey , Camps, Rathbone, Allen, Mendez-Laing, Henderson, Andrew

DALE SUBS: Logan, Vincenti, Owusu, Cannon, Morley, Kitching, Gillam.

McNulty back at LB presumably. Thompson and Davies missing from Saturday.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 18:56]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:49 - Mar 14 with 2854 viewsJimmyRustler

Not even surprised anymore tbh. I'm glad now in a way that the playoffs are gone cause I couldn't take much more disappointment
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:49 - Mar 14 with 2853 viewsCanaDale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:45 - Mar 14 by beat_the_bishop

It's a very very good job we've accumulated the points tally we have because this is relegation form! I honestly would field the youth teams back 4 on Saturday. Arguably couldn't do any worse!

Whats gone wrong with this defence, it was performing well up until the new year. It is a tough division, perhaps 8-12th is our level.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:49 - Mar 14 with 2850 views442Dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:45 - Mar 14 by beat_the_bishop

It's a very very good job we've accumulated the points tally we have because this is relegation form! I honestly would field the youth teams back 4 on Saturday. Arguably couldn't do any worse!

Obviously we weren't there tonight so can't comment on the specifics, but quite why Logan hasn't been given a chance to add some experience back in goal is very hard to establish. The late goals are getting ridiculous and while Logan himself has been in goal when we've conceded them, his ability to organise is required right now. He's got something to prove, Wilson is at the point where he's had an ever changing back four and is almost expecting to concede late on.

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:51 - Mar 14 with 2770 viewsmightydale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:48 - Mar 14 by Sussexdale

I'm so angry right now.

Feel sorry for the fans that travelled Saturday and then today

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:53 - Mar 14 with 2700 viewsNinco

Sounded pretty low of Scunthorpe. With two players down injured, most teams would do the sporting thing and put the ball out of play so they could receive treatment, but to ignore the injured players and go on and score sounded very unsporting.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:54 - Mar 14 with 2675 viewsrichfoad32

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:49 - Mar 14 by CanaDale

Whats gone wrong with this defence, it was performing well up until the new year. It is a tough division, perhaps 8-12th is our level.

Missing Bunney big time. Missing Keane. Chopping and changing 'keepers. Some bizarre fullback selections haven't helped either.....Basically no stability.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:54 - Mar 14 with 2668 viewsDaleiLama

Since the Barrow Cup win, we've played 11 and conceded 24. Considering 2 of those games were goalless draws, that's 24 in 9 games.

We can't even put Raff in front of the back 4 now either if he's not fit on Saturday?

Disappointing fall from grace - hopefully we can turn it round before season's end to encourage the right squad make up for next season now.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:55 - Mar 14 with 2601 views442Dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:51 - Mar 14 by mightydale

Feel sorry for the fans that travelled Saturday and then today

It must be very hard to take. We'd be 6th on 59 points now but for goals conceded after the 88th minute.

Login to get fewer ads

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:57 - Mar 14 with 2549 viewsregjenkins

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:54 - Mar 14 by DaleiLama

Since the Barrow Cup win, we've played 11 and conceded 24. Considering 2 of those games were goalless draws, that's 24 in 9 games.

We can't even put Raff in front of the back 4 now either if he's not fit on Saturday?

Disappointing fall from grace - hopefully we can turn it round before season's end to encourage the right squad make up for next season now.

Not much chance of that with the players who are available. Paper thin squad and some players who need to go at season end. In addition we need to learn to keep ball and close down the game.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:57 - Mar 14 with 2530 viewsdingdangblue

Well Scunthorpe's bad run is over now at least - shame we can't play ourselves!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:58 - Mar 14 with 2523 viewsFrog

5 points from the last 30 isn't relegation form it's plain embarrassing.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:59 - Mar 14 with 2496 viewsShun

Feel pretty shellshocked after that, but I don't know why as it's the same every match. We were the better side throughout. A draw probably a fair result, but we edged it. It was quite an entertaining game despite some quite cynical tactics from the home side which the referee seemed oblivious to. Their number 33 at right back was a horrible little twerp. Their number 15 should've been sent off early in the second half for an extremely cynical foul but the referee bizarrely didn't produce the second yellow card. And should we have had a penalty later on? Everyone around me was stunned it wasn't given, I missed it.

Jamie Allen was the best player on the pitch, he was giving a masterclass in football at times. NML was his usual exhilarating self and looked most capable of creating something, and Henderson and Andrew did well too. Canavan and McNulty were predictably poor.

Ultimately a good game but one we should never have lost. I'm looking forward to next season because we're using up a lifetime's worth of bad luck this season. The amount we're conceding, especially late on, is beyond concerning now - it's embarrassing.

It sounds absurd but I actually enjoyed the relegation season more than this one. At least then we deserved to be not winning.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:02 - Mar 14 with 2426 viewsKenBoon

I wasn't there tonight but at games i've seen this season there's a clear lack of intelligence in the squad. We do stupid things and now we're not getting away with them. Thankfully we had that freakish run before the new year and a generally very poor standard in this league means we should be safe.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:04 - Mar 14 with 2365 viewsbeat_the_bishop

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:49 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

Obviously we weren't there tonight so can't comment on the specifics, but quite why Logan hasn't been given a chance to add some experience back in goal is very hard to establish. The late goals are getting ridiculous and while Logan himself has been in goal when we've conceded them, his ability to organise is required right now. He's got something to prove, Wilson is at the point where he's had an ever changing back four and is almost expecting to concede late on.

He's brought nothing to the table. It's like having a mute in net! And then you get the "he's a good shot stopper". Well, forgive my ignorance but that's the bare minimum I expect from a goalkeeper, believe it or not?

Let Diba have a go? The season has absolutely turned as soggy as our pitch so the only thing I would like to see now is he kids given a chance. Otherwise, I'm struggling for motivation. I got so excited prior to this drought and I can't express how stupid I feel now! And I can only bare to think what Russ Green may be thinking. Any hope he had of boosting our attendances next season has dwindled into nothing but a dream. And, whether you like it or not you have to look at Keith Hill and the players for that. They've let the club down over recent weeks when the crest of a wave was there to be surfed, they've absolutely face planted the sand beneath that wave.

Canavan and McNulty wouldn't get in another 11 within this league. And neither would Joe Thompson, RNL and arguably Vincenti. We are 3 good players shy of a good team. But, that's standard.

I would be asking these players to bring copies of their bank statements tomorrow. Virgin Atlantic holidays will appear heavily in their outgoings, or it feels that way!

Anyway, my only request now is please do not let our rivals overtake us, I'd have to end it.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:09 - Mar 14 with 2277 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:04 - Mar 14 by beat_the_bishop

He's brought nothing to the table. It's like having a mute in net! And then you get the "he's a good shot stopper". Well, forgive my ignorance but that's the bare minimum I expect from a goalkeeper, believe it or not?

Let Diba have a go? The season has absolutely turned as soggy as our pitch so the only thing I would like to see now is he kids given a chance. Otherwise, I'm struggling for motivation. I got so excited prior to this drought and I can't express how stupid I feel now! And I can only bare to think what Russ Green may be thinking. Any hope he had of boosting our attendances next season has dwindled into nothing but a dream. And, whether you like it or not you have to look at Keith Hill and the players for that. They've let the club down over recent weeks when the crest of a wave was there to be surfed, they've absolutely face planted the sand beneath that wave.

Canavan and McNulty wouldn't get in another 11 within this league. And neither would Joe Thompson, RNL and arguably Vincenti. We are 3 good players shy of a good team. But, that's standard.

I would be asking these players to bring copies of their bank statements tomorrow. Virgin Atlantic holidays will appear heavily in their outgoings, or it feels that way!

Anyway, my only request now is please do not let our rivals overtake us, I'd have to end it.

WIlson has to go down as a panic 'buy'. He's nowhere near the standard required and shits himself when the ball comes into the box.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:11 - Mar 14 with 2237 views442Dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:54 - Mar 14 by DaleiLama

The very fact that Hill believed Rafferty needed to employed in front of the back four says it all: we aren't good enough at the back and it was a concern all the way back to last summer.

The good thing is that we felt it might have meant a season whe we battled the drop, instead it's been the reason we haven't mounted a sustained challenge for the top 6. Keane has been a great saying but we should be concerned that a utility player brought in on loan has been the stand out defender. McGahey will be a good signing but we needed at least one more experienced centre half and a left back from the start - its to Hill's credit he solved one of these issues with Bunney at LB, because it actually had a positive effect going forward too. It's been the biggest plus this season.

Canavan to go and one, possibly two, good centre halve(s) required to bring on McGahey. McNulty then faces a real challenge to make the team, Keane to be Peter Cavanagh when required. We've had far better to choose from at the back in eras that are so much poorer than this one.

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:15 - Mar 14 with 2152 viewsDale27

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:04 - Mar 14 by beat_the_bishop

Agree with pretty much all of that. Unfortunately Canavan, McNulty, Thompson and Vincenti are all contracted beyond this season.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 22:18]
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:16 - Mar 14 with 2131 viewsrich_dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 21:49 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

I've not seen Logan since he was dropped but I was expecting that he would work on his game and his fitness and get given another chance but no evidence of that happening. Meanwhile the LB position this season has been farcical - obviously the emergence of Bunney there has been incredible and Hill deserves credit for that but before that and since his injury the amount of players that have played there has been ridiculous. McNulty did well at LB at the end of last season but Hill said in a recent interview that was a needs must situation when the pitches were bad and we needed to be solid. He's not an LB and shouldn't have started the season there. When Bunney played there v Fleetwood our season turned but when he got injured there were no answers. Taylor was supposed to be a quality replacement, then Kitching at least looked capable but instead he's been dropped and since we've had Andrew, Cannon, McNulty, Raff et al covering at various times while Tanser, who IMO was also capable was let go. All a bit bizarre and no way you can get defensive stability doing that.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:16 - Mar 14 with 2130 viewsKenBoon

The 'keeper is nothing to do with the problems. The problem is stupid Footballers who cannot manage a game. It's like watching England at a tournament.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:17 - Mar 14 with 2109 views442Dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:09 - Mar 14 by JimmyRustler

WIlson has to go down as a panic 'buy'. He's nowhere near the standard required and shits himself when the ball comes into the box.

He, or another keeper, was necessary at the time o give Logan a break. That break didn't need to last as long as it has. Baffling.

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:19 - Mar 14 with 2070 viewsD_Alien

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:11 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

The very fact that Hill believed Rafferty needed to employed in front of the back four says it all: we aren't good enough at the back and it was a concern all the way back to last summer.

The good thing is that we felt it might have meant a season whe we battled the drop, instead it's been the reason we haven't mounted a sustained challenge for the top 6. Keane has been a great saying but we should be concerned that a utility player brought in on loan has been the stand out defender. McGahey will be a good signing but we needed at least one more experienced centre half and a left back from the start - its to Hill's credit he solved one of these issues with Bunney at LB, because it actually had a positive effect going forward too. It's been the biggest plus this season.

Canavan to go and one, possibly two, good centre halve(s) required to bring on McGahey. McNulty then faces a real challenge to make the team, Keane to be Peter Cavanagh when required. We've had far better to choose from at the back in eras that are so much poorer than this one.

I think what you might be describing there is a simple break in Hill's ability to magic players out of nowhere - it was uncanny but not possible to maintain indefinitely, at least from a defensive point of view, although Keane was a real find. Going forward we've had Rathbone emerging and Davies making a huge difference

That's not to say he couldn't do it again, but maybe just this time round, the players weren't there to be acquired at a price we could afford

It's all very well people saying "we should've signed X, Y, & Z" if only "Q, R & S" were available to sign

That's not to say mistakes haven't been made in the deployment of existing resources, they clearly have

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:22 - Mar 14 with 2022 views1907

The lack of a proper club captain is evident at times like this. What would Gary Jones be doing if we kept conceding ridiculous goals in the last minute of games?

No players on that pitch want to take control and ownership, instead they bottle it & lose concentration week in / week out. It really is beyond a joke and has killed any positive vibes that emanated from the club.

Really, really fed up of this cycle now.
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:22 - Mar 14 with 2021 views442Dale

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:15 - Mar 14 by Dale27

Agree with pretty much all of that. Unfortunately Canavan, McNulty, Thompson and Vincenti are all contracted beyond this season.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2017 22:18]

Thought Canavan was only a year. I was wrong.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11719/10300263/niall-canavan-has-signed-a

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:22 - Mar 14 with 2008 viewsSussexdale

Should we be looking over our shoulder? Only 12 points from relegation and a shed loads of teams within touching distance. How has it come to this?
Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:26 - Mar 14 with 1950 viewsJimmyRustler

Match thread: Scunthorpe on 22:17 - Mar 14 by 442Dale

He, or another keeper, was necessary at the time o give Logan a break. That break didn't need to last as long as it has. Baffling.

Of course...but I would have rather recalled Diba and stuck him in or used Collis. Wilson hasn't exactly had glowing reports wherever he's been and as well as looking like a journeyman loanee, he also appears to have an attitude problem. Not the best personality trait for someone between the sticks.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024