Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Gills 14:14 - Mar 18 with 6180 views442Dale

Logan, McGahey, McNulty, Canavan, Bunney, Camps, Allen, Lund, Henderson, NML, Andrew

Subs: Vincenti, McDermott, Rathbone, Owusu, Morley, Kitching, Wilson

[Post edited 18 Mar 2017 14:19]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Gills on 17:58 - Mar 18 with 1998 views442Dale

Match Thread: Gills on 17:43 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

What a fantastic display by NML

The only question is - what the bloody hell has he been doing for the past two and a half years? Fits and (not many) starts, because he wasn't putting himself on the line. Well, he did today, took loads of stick and had a hack at one of theirs in return. I'll take what he's bringing to the side now, but so will clubs with bigger wage bills...

We're not out of it yet, and at last our form has brought the rewards of an emphatic result. So pleased to see PV charging into the box and taking his chance confidently too

Logan made a difference, is probably a stone lighter and brought huge confidence to an unbalanced defence in which Canavan did ok and McNulty was guilty of faffing about

These are quibbles though, because our play was fast, direct and it could've been six or seven

Without wanting to enter the oncoming debate of doom too much, if Logan could get himself fitter then having him and Lillis as our two keepers at this level would be perfectly good enough.

Both are better than Stuart Nelson who is deemed a reliable keeper in the third tier with a couple of hundred appearances to his name.

Match Thread: Gills on 18:04 - Mar 18 with 1943 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Gills on 17:51 - Mar 18 by sweetcorn

Well obviously you, as you've decided it was a point worth making and its quite clearly wrong..

I feel a username change for yourself is in order. Shallow hal.

Once AGAIN you're on here post-match when all we want to do is celebrate the win making a meal of a minor issue - just f.uck off

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Gills on 18:07 - Mar 18 with 1917 viewsbazingadale

Match Thread: Gills on 17:57 - Mar 18 by sweetcorn

I'd be disappointed if one of my team mates were McNulty and Canavan..

I think the Jim criticism is unfair, he's pretty solid. Canavan does little to fill me with confidence in the defence. I miss Eastham
Match Thread: Gills on 18:08 - Mar 18 with 1900 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Match Thread: Gills on 17:58 - Mar 18 by rochdaleriddler

Disagree

Care to share why?
Match Thread: Gills on 18:14 - Mar 18 with 1855 viewsShun

Match Thread: Gills on 17:51 - Mar 18 by sweetcorn

Well obviously you, as you've decided it was a point worth making and its quite clearly wrong..

I feel a username change for yourself is in order. Shallow hal.

I must admit, those last two lines are two of the funniest I've read on here. What a bizarre insult!
Match Thread: Gills on 18:15 - Mar 18 with 1828 views442Dale

Match Thread: Gills on 18:07 - Mar 18 by bazingadale

I think the Jim criticism is unfair, he's pretty solid. Canavan does little to fill me with confidence in the defence. I miss Eastham

As mentioned loads before, fully believe we'd have finished in the top six last season has Eastham been chosen over Lancashire more often. And we'd be there now if he'd stayed.

That's not saying he was one of our all-time great centre halves, it's that he was pretty solid and dependable.

Match Thread: Gills on 18:18 - Mar 18 with 1792 viewsrochdaleriddler

Match Thread: Gills on 18:08 - Mar 18 by PaulHeymanGuy

Care to share why?

I thought Henderson was good today, that's all, not attacking you!

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Match Thread: Gills on 19:03 - Mar 18 with 1637 viewsPaulHeymanGuy

Match Thread: Gills on 18:18 - Mar 18 by rochdaleriddler

I thought Henderson was good today, that's all, not attacking you!

Hendo did have a very good game I just thought his attitude in the second half towards some of his teammates was very questionable
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Gills on 19:10 - Mar 18 with 1596 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Gills on 18:14 - Mar 18 by Shun

I must admit, those last two lines are two of the funniest I've read on here. What a bizarre insult!

I've no idea what or who shallow hal is, so i'll let you enjoy it shun, along with the result

Even England losing the chance of back-to-back grand slams against a magnificent Ireland performance can't dim the afterglow of that Dale victory

The other thing I'd say about Logan is the way he connects with the fans, obviously delighting when we score and win. if he can maintain today's form he can put on another 10 stone as far as I'm concerned

Match Thread: Gills on 19:15 - Mar 18 with 1551 viewsrochedale

First home game I've missed this year, gutted!! Hope this is the start of a good run to see the season out. I reckon that 74 points will be needed to secure 6th, that's 21 points in 10 games. Tough ask but certainly still a glimmer.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Match Thread: Gills on 19:20 - Mar 18 with 1524 viewsfrenzied

NML was excellent today..how anyone can move that quickly on that surface is a achievement in itself..plenty of players losing their footing today..driving rain throughout..Bunney makes a huge difference and Calvin worked tirelessly, Hilly wasn't completely happy with the back 4 in his comments post game
Match Thread: Gills on 19:27 - Mar 18 with 1464 viewsNinco

What was happening at the end? It looked as though one of the Gillingham players, possibly Scott Wagstaff was having an argument with some Dale fans near the tunnel. A member of the Gillingham Coaching team and a steward had to pull the player away and take him down the tunnel. Irresponsible really as they had already had a player sent off and if he had carried on arguing, he could have been looking at incitement.
Match Thread: Gills on 19:35 - Mar 18 with 1413 viewsShun

Match Thread: Gills on 19:10 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

I've no idea what or who shallow hal is, so i'll let you enjoy it shun, along with the result

Even England losing the chance of back-to-back grand slams against a magnificent Ireland performance can't dim the afterglow of that Dale victory

The other thing I'd say about Logan is the way he connects with the fans, obviously delighting when we score and win. if he can maintain today's form he can put on another 10 stone as far as I'm concerned

Shallow Hal was a film a few years ago where the eponymous protagonist was dating an obese girl who he could only see as slim and slender. As I said, bizarre insult!
Match Thread: Gills on 20:01 - Mar 18 with 1305 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Gills on 19:35 - Mar 18 by Shun

Shallow Hal was a film a few years ago where the eponymous protagonist was dating an obese girl who he could only see as slim and slender. As I said, bizarre insult!

Ah, thanks for that

They say love is blind, and I'm with the Hibs fans!

Match Thread: Gills on 20:03 - Mar 18 with 1293 viewsDaley_Lama

Match Thread: Gills on 19:27 - Mar 18 by Ninco

What was happening at the end? It looked as though one of the Gillingham players, possibly Scott Wagstaff was having an argument with some Dale fans near the tunnel. A member of the Gillingham Coaching team and a steward had to pull the player away and take him down the tunnel. Irresponsible really as they had already had a player sent off and if he had carried on arguing, he could have been looking at incitement.

Thought their players going mental after the 4th goal was comical, no idea if it was anything to do with the tunnel incident Ninco.

Peter V clearly fouled and having his shirt pulled, wriggles free only for the linesman to wave for a foul to us.

Referee waves play on and Peter V scores.

Either they haven't heard of the advantage rule or thought that Peter V had put his shirt into the hand of their player to pull him back.

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread: Gills on 20:17 - Mar 18 with 1418 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Gills on 20:03 - Mar 18 by Daley_Lama

Thought their players going mental after the 4th goal was comical, no idea if it was anything to do with the tunnel incident Ninco.

Peter V clearly fouled and having his shirt pulled, wriggles free only for the linesman to wave for a foul to us.

Either they haven't heard of the advantage rule or thought that Peter V had put his shirt into the hand of their player to pull him back.

I'm pretty sure the linesman was flagging for a free kick to Gillingham! Absolutely clueless! Luckily the ref ignored him.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Gills on 21:05 - Mar 18 with 1322 viewsCanaDale

Match Thread: Gills on 20:03 - Mar 18 by Daley_Lama

Who does he think he is, Zlatan.
Match Thread: Gills on 21:56 - Mar 18 with 1205 viewsDaley_Lama

Tuesday v Scunny

Dale 1 up as Mendez Laing scores from 6 yards out instead of hitting the keeper
Dale 2 up as Hendo scores
Scunny get one back
Dale 3-1 up as Allen scores instead of shooting straight at the keeper
Dale 4-1 up as Vincenti puts it inside the post instead of just outside the post

If only.

Also, good to see Scunny concede in injury time today to lose 2-1 having lead 1-0 at half time. Mwhahahahahaa
[Post edited 18 Mar 2017 21:58]

Poll: DF in or out

Match Thread: Gills on 22:35 - Mar 18 with 1118 viewsSuddenLad

Match Thread: Gills on 20:17 - Mar 18 by dingdangblue

I'm pretty sure the linesman was flagging for a free kick to Gillingham! Absolutely clueless! Luckily the ref ignored him.

Clearly a foul on PV, flagged by the linesman, referee played advantage and we scored.

PV shrugged him off and he landed on his arse. Not strong enough.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Match Thread: Gills on 10:55 - Mar 19 with 804 viewsaleanddale

Match Thread: Gills on 20:01 - Mar 18 by D_Alien

Ah, thanks for that

They say love is blind, and I'm with the Hibs fans!

Shallow Hal is a funny film about a sober guy with beer goggles!!

Worth a watch D_Alien.

The whole side looked up for it yesterday with NML unplayable!! Would be a real coup to get him contract extended ASAP.
Match Thread: Gills on 11:27 - Mar 19 with 750 viewsfinberty

Match Thread: Gills on 19:03 - Mar 18 by PaulHeymanGuy

Hendo did have a very good game I just thought his attitude in the second half towards some of his teammates was very questionable

Hendo was outstanding. Even at 4-1 up he was leading the line with energy and pace in the hunt for a fifth. I have no problem with players bawling each other out - perhaps our defence would manage better with some vocal input, rather than the ominous silence that descends whenever an opposition corner kick takes place.

NML deservedly MOM, and Bunney did very well to last the distance. Lund and Allen were excellent in the middle and Calvin put another good shift in. Canavan seemed to grow into the game the more that Gillingham launched it long. McGahey is fast improving and got into some surprisingly good attacking positions. Logan looked calm and assured. Camps got some good clearances in and was on hand to take his goal well. The only down side was Jim having one of his indecisive moments, but he got away with it.

Excellent and overdue result.
Match Thread: Gills on 12:31 - Mar 19 with 669 viewsDaleiLama

Match Thread: Gills on 11:27 - Mar 19 by finberty

Hendo was outstanding. Even at 4-1 up he was leading the line with energy and pace in the hunt for a fifth. I have no problem with players bawling each other out - perhaps our defence would manage better with some vocal input, rather than the ominous silence that descends whenever an opposition corner kick takes place.

NML deservedly MOM, and Bunney did very well to last the distance. Lund and Allen were excellent in the middle and Calvin put another good shift in. Canavan seemed to grow into the game the more that Gillingham launched it long. McGahey is fast improving and got into some surprisingly good attacking positions. Logan looked calm and assured. Camps got some good clearances in and was on hand to take his goal well. The only down side was Jim having one of his indecisive moments, but he got away with it.

Excellent and overdue result.

JB looked like Roger Bannister at the end of breaking the 4 minte mile. Just pleased he avoided a Devon Loch

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Match Thread: Gills on 12:39 - Mar 19 with 652 views1949er

Hendo ripped into Rathbone twice for shooting when other team mates were in a better position

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024