Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread 21:41 - Mar 20 with 142478 views442Dale

We have 87 days for people to get their £50 deposits in to determine the price of the 2017/18 Season Tickets.

Average amount of daily sales required by 21st June to hit the targets:
2000 (£250): 23
2500 (£200): 29
3000 (£150): 35
4000 (£110): 46

Keeping a track of this really helped ramp up the interest when Hartlepool fans did it, so hopefully it'll have a similar effect. Debate the numbers here over the next week, then we can add the figures once sales commence.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:34 - May 20 with 3473 viewsTVOS1907

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:04 - May 20 by nordenblue

It's got nothing to do with being able to afford it 442,I can easily afford it as can several others I know,however personally i wont potentially throw away £50 until there's a certain set price,there's no value for me paying £250 for a season ticket taking into account the games I won't be attending.

The fans who are still unsure won't be the ones likely to attend EVERY home game either, so the £11 a game you mention then suddenly becomes much higher,again diluting the offer at the current top price.

There's one thing for certain and that's the club isn't shifting anywhere near enough STs in its current sales format whichever way they decide to shift the goals to make a significant difference,the only way to change that is a massive reduction in the final set price,taking the element of doubt out of any decision.

How many games won't you be attending?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:56 - May 20 with 3397 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 22:21 - May 18 by TVOS1907

I wonder if the outcome of Bradford v Millwall on Saturday may have an impact on the next move?

If Bradford stay down, it could be worth in the region of another £50,000 to our coffers next season.

If Millwall stay down, that income could be about six times less.

So that's the equivalent of approx 200 ST sales on the back of one game.

Maths edit
[Post edited 20 May 2017 16:57]

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:10 - May 20 with 3325 viewsClivert

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 14:26 - May 20 by 442Dale

Nobody is saying people "should" put down a deposit if there's a risk, ie. they can't afford it. We've said it loads, if you're a Dale fan and can, there's little reason not to. Especially now there's a guaranteed maximum price that is excellent value for money. (Less that £11 a game. Would most supporters pay that on the gate every week?)

re. The Hill situation: hopefully it'll encourage supporters who aren't 100% on board with the ST initiative to think "well the club and manager are making significant moves to ensure the team moves forward so if they're doing that I'll chuck my 50 quid in". From there the momentum may start again in terms of lapsed/semi-regular/general football fans becoming interested in a reinvigorated scheme.

Do I think the club should do another price drop to attract the groups mentioned above? Yes.
Do I think they should be increasing the promotion and interest around sales numbers and creative ways to increase them? Yes. And maybe there are plans in place.

We can only try to assist and offer constructive criticism and solutions around that though.
[Post edited 20 May 2017 14:35]

Your Hill paragraph there is totally spot on!

I'm surprised there's been nothing on Rochdale Online about Hill's new deal today as that would be the best place to advertise the news and hopefully boost ST sales.

They were quick to report on the poor way the club handled the Dave Sweetmore/Eden Bearshaw situation a couple of weeks back but over 24hours after the news of Keith Hill signing the biggest contract that the club have ever offered anyone they still haven't reported on it.

I reckon that Rochdale Online is read more than The Ob these days by people in the town so good news like this should be hammered out there by them.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:40 - May 20 with 3289 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:34 - May 20 by TVOS1907

How many games won't you be attending?

I'm not sure really,it depends who we play and on what days generally,also depends which away games I choose to go also really
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:23 - May 21 with 2991 viewsdawlishdale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:10 - May 20 by Clivert

Your Hill paragraph there is totally spot on!

I'm surprised there's been nothing on Rochdale Online about Hill's new deal today as that would be the best place to advertise the news and hopefully boost ST sales.

They were quick to report on the poor way the club handled the Dave Sweetmore/Eden Bearshaw situation a couple of weeks back but over 24hours after the news of Keith Hill signing the biggest contract that the club have ever offered anyone they still haven't reported on it.

I reckon that Rochdale Online is read more than The Ob these days by people in the town so good news like this should be hammered out there by them.

I too am surprised that once again, there is little coverage of RAFC on Rochdale online.

Do they not like us?

They seem very quick to promote Hornets in a very positive light, yet sluggish with Dale related news unless its negative.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:20 - May 21 with 2732 viewsClivert

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 10:23 - May 21 by dawlishdale

I too am surprised that once again, there is little coverage of RAFC on Rochdale online.

Do they not like us?

They seem very quick to promote Hornets in a very positive light, yet sluggish with Dale related news unless its negative.

Tbf Rochdale Online have been very good with putting their match reports on their site, by and large the match reports are normally on by Saturday night, it just seems a bit strange that they were quick to post a story regarding the new/old PA man at Spotland and yet 3 days after Keith Hill signing a massive new deal there's still no news of it on there.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:12 - May 22 with 2465 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:20 - May 21 by Clivert

Tbf Rochdale Online have been very good with putting their match reports on their site, by and large the match reports are normally on by Saturday night, it just seems a bit strange that they were quick to post a story regarding the new/old PA man at Spotland and yet 3 days after Keith Hill signing a massive new deal there's still no news of it on there.

Still no mention of Hill signing his 5 year deal.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:43 - May 22 with 2418 viewsboromat

Well we have a month left to sell as many season tickets as possible. How many have we sold so far?........

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:53 - May 22 with 2264 viewsMoonyDale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 12:43 - May 22 by boromat

Well we have a month left to sell as many season tickets as possible. How many have we sold so far?........

Just over 1600 sold so far and it's now £200 if we get to 2000.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:55 - May 22 with 2252 viewsdingdangblue

£200 !!!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:01 - May 22 with 2230 viewsShun

Can we not just go round the whole town and put a flyer through every letterbox in the borough? I mean, come on people of Rochdale, Jesus this is a bloody good offer to come and see some bloody good football at a bloody cheap price. What on earth has to happen for this offer to be taken up? The pitiful amount sold so far infuriates me.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:05 - May 22 with 2212 viewsisitme

If the plan was always to drop the price, which it appears was the case wouldn't a cheaper price in the beginning a better idea. This changing of price causes confusion and makes the previous flyers redundant.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:30 - May 22 with 2154 viewsShun

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:05 - May 22 by isitme

If the plan was always to drop the price, which it appears was the case wouldn't a cheaper price in the beginning a better idea. This changing of price causes confusion and makes the previous flyers redundant.

I'm assuming the plan was never to drop the price, but to stick with the original price milestones. However, the poor sales to date must have forced their hand. I suspect the board and Russ have been surprised and disappointed with how few have been sold so far.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:47 - May 22 with 2125 viewsisitme

Who is really surprised that the sales are that poor? I for one am not as unfortunately there is a lack of interest in the local area for the club. Even with much cheaper season tickets take up has not been that much greater than normal. As TalkingSutty posted weeks ago ultimately there was a plan for a maximum price which we will hit a couple of weeks before the deadline.

As I said then and will say again the initiative is a well meaning and creative idea but ultimately too complex and creates too much uncertainty for the types of people the club is looking to attract.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:53 - May 22 with 2109 viewskel

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:30 - May 22 by Shun

I'm assuming the plan was never to drop the price, but to stick with the original price milestones. However, the poor sales to date must have forced their hand. I suspect the board and Russ have been surprised and disappointed with how few have been sold so far.

If you don't go on websites/social media to do with Dale then you simply won't see the offer. Can anyone, hand on heart, say they've seen it advertised anywhere other than on Dale sites/media you read anyway? Apologies if I'm wrong as I don't tend to frequent much of Rochdale's fine establishments (apart from the cliquey Cem of course). I've three kids all at different schools/nurseries due to their ages and have seen diddly squat from any of them in either newsletters or in the buildings themselves. Nor at my daughter's dancing class which is held in one of the town's community centres (shouldn't that be one of the first port of calls?). It comes across as a 'can't be ar­sed' attitude to be honest.

Edit : apologies if I've repeated anyone by the way but I can't be ar­sed* reading the whole thread.

*Aye, I know.

[Post edited 22 May 2017 17:02]
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:00 - May 22 with 2086 viewsLuke8686

What's encouraging is that over 400 ST holders from last season are still to renew. The majority of them were probably half-ST holders and a lot of them are probably playing it by ear, as I've seen a few posters on here are doing. Hopefully this change will help to make their minds up.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:02 - May 22 with 2076 viewsdingdangblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:53 - May 22 by kel

If you don't go on websites/social media to do with Dale then you simply won't see the offer. Can anyone, hand on heart, say they've seen it advertised anywhere other than on Dale sites/media you read anyway? Apologies if I'm wrong as I don't tend to frequent much of Rochdale's fine establishments (apart from the cliquey Cem of course). I've three kids all at different schools/nurseries due to their ages and have seen diddly squat from any of them in either newsletters or in the buildings themselves. Nor at my daughter's dancing class which is held in one of the town's community centres (shouldn't that be one of the first port of calls?). It comes across as a 'can't be ar­sed' attitude to be honest.

Edit : apologies if I've repeated anyone by the way but I can't be ar­sed* reading the whole thread.

*Aye, I know.

Supermarkets, Schools, billboards around town, Talksport radio - today marked the day where there is 1 month remaining for people to put down their deposits. A huge effort is required now for this to be a success!

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:02 - May 22 with 2076 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:53 - May 22 by kel

*Aye, I know.

Got to agree on the visibility amongst the easier to target areas: have all schools had leaflets to go out with maybe a visit from players? The work Keith Hicks and his staff do is brilliant but has this been backed up by the club with support around visiting the borough's schools?

Genuine questions because that may have happened or be about to.

Anyway, another fantastic gesture by the club reducing the target, fully expect supporters to back it if possible. There's mention of 400 who are yet to renew, some of which will be £100 half ST holders, if they do they'll effectively get the same deal again.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 17:58 - May 22 with 1951 viewsShun

Agree with kel and 442 about the lack of visibility. I see it pop up on Facebook every few days. But if not on here or Facebook then I honestly can't remember seeing anything about this initiative since a bus stop a few weeks ago.

I love the schools league table idea someone posted earlier. And I'm an advocate of good old fashioned leaflets, but I don't know how feasible it is to produce a huge number of leaflets and deliver them.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:13 - May 22 with 1920 viewsisitme

Every household in the borough received a leaflet with the original offer outlined with their council tax bill. The problem is that the conditions have changes twice for the better since then.

As others have said the social media output is probably preaching to the converted.
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:31 - May 22 with 1885 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 15:55 - May 22 by dingdangblue

£200 !!!

It's good that the ad has been re-done, but for some reason they've removed the line that confirms people will pay no more than £250. Yes, we all know that but those yet to buy or even be aware of the specifics may only see the "No deposit? You will pay the top price band?" and wonder what top prices are against the price now.

This was the previous one that confirmed its a maximum of £250 for anyone pays a deposit and it could do with adding to the newer one as it's a great price.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:46 - May 22 with 1867 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 16:05 - May 22 by isitme

EXACTLY........and easier to attract possible fans from the beginning
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:00 - May 22 with 1839 views442Dale

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 18:46 - May 22 by nordenblue

EXACTLY........and easier to attract possible fans from the beginning

Now we've reached this stage, it's how the noted issues can be addressed. This should now become the beginning, re-launch the whole campaign everywhere focusing on how a bargain priced ST could become even cheaper.

Get back onto Sky, maybe combine it with Hill talking about his new deal and get other football fans talking about it like they did a couple of months ago - stories like this can easily spread across places like the BBC/papers and from there to the general public.

Momentum starts now, no point in going over what could and maybe should have been done before. The club have made a lot of progress and supporters have their part to play, as this thread as illustrated. Let's see what we can all achieve over the next month.

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:12 - May 22 with 1723 viewsnordenblue

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 19:00 - May 22 by 442Dale

Now we've reached this stage, it's how the noted issues can be addressed. This should now become the beginning, re-launch the whole campaign everywhere focusing on how a bargain priced ST could become even cheaper.

Get back onto Sky, maybe combine it with Hill talking about his new deal and get other football fans talking about it like they did a couple of months ago - stories like this can easily spread across places like the BBC/papers and from there to the general public.

Momentum starts now, no point in going over what could and maybe should have been done before. The club have made a lot of progress and supporters have their part to play, as this thread as illustrated. Let's see what we can all achieve over the next month.

While i agree with your points totally,there is/was no need whatsoever for the club to be starting this promotion on the back foot with a race against time.

As was explained weeks ago its a brilliant initiative horrendously put forward,as a result we're now playing catch up.....
Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 21:28 - May 22 with 1595 viewsDaleiLama

Season Ticket Totaliser Thread on 20:12 - May 22 by nordenblue

While i agree with your points totally,there is/was no need whatsoever for the club to be starting this promotion on the back foot with a race against time.

As was explained weeks ago its a brilliant initiative horrendously put forward,as a result we're now playing catch up.....

Spot on the money NB.

With the benefit of hindsight, if we wanted to maximise numbers, at the very least we should have put forward our lowest price (e.g £150 for sales <4k) and £110 for sales >4k from the outset. The thing is, Russ has the benefit of hindsight. Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

I don't suppose for a second the various tiers were costed, since they are all very conveniently set at round numbers and have been revised twice anyway (and may be again). With a month to go, we've had another price drop. Even this doesn't feel right, as Russ dropped the price to £150 at Hartlepool before the deadline.

The worry now is that the offer may fail to capture many of the exact people it was trying to attract as a result of being cumbersome, over-complicated, non user-friendly, poorly marketed and not what the customer wanted but what the club wanted. I suppose it was naïve to expect anything else? Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024