Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stats so far 22:20 - Apr 4 with 3944 viewsDale1990

The table after tonight's game shows the following:
- 2 teams have scored more than us
- 5 teams have conceded more.
Good recruitment in the summer including a keeper and centre back and we could have a very successful next season ahead of us.
Stats so far on 22:25 - Apr 4 with 3901 views442Dale

The amount of goals we score is such a massive plus point, and this sort of stat deserves recognition. It's much harder to get it right at that end than in defence, which adds to the frustration because with a bit more of an eye on recruitment at the back last summer, we'd undoubtedly have been in the play-offs.
[Post edited 4 Apr 2017 22:26]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Stats so far on 22:25 - Apr 4 with 3892 viewsBobsAdaley

All things considered I think we have had a successful season this time, who would have thought ten years ago we would have been on the journey we have and now consolidated as a league 1 team, that's success don't you think
Stats so far on 22:28 - Apr 4 with 3866 views442Dale

Stats so far on 22:25 - Apr 4 by BobsAdaley

All things considered I think we have had a successful season this time, who would have thought ten years ago we would have been on the journey we have and now consolidated as a league 1 team, that's success don't you think

Another very good post. Whatever the arguments are around where we have made mistakes, we're still miles ahead of where we should be.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't accept we could and possibly should be a few hundred yards in front of where we are.

Stats so far on 22:40 - Apr 4 with 3797 viewsleedsdale

It will be interesting to see what happens to Lund and NML, too. They have the best part of 20 goals between them and are crucial to how we play. Defensive signings are imperative.
Stats so far on 22:47 - Apr 4 with 3726 views442Dale

Stats so far on 22:40 - Apr 4 by leedsdale

It will be interesting to see what happens to Lund and NML, too. They have the best part of 20 goals between them and are crucial to how we play. Defensive signings are imperative.

Although he'd liked to have played more games, Lund is about 1 in 3 for league games this season. He will leave a big hole should he depart.

Stats so far on 23:17 - Apr 4 with 3594 viewsShun

Stats so far on 22:40 - Apr 4 by leedsdale

I was going to say the same thing. Only two sides have scored more than us but NML and Lund have contributed nicely to that total and there's a good chance they won't be here next season. Done's name has been mentioned a few times as a replacement for NML and I'm sure he'd more than compensate for NML's goals, but I'm not getting my hopes up that we could get him. It'll be interesting to see what kind of replacement we get for Lund if he leaves too. Camps is scoring a good amount from midfield but it'd be nice to see Allen kick on in this area too.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 12:56]
Stats so far on 07:04 - Apr 5 with 3365 viewsPDIDDY

A good season for Dale, hill is a top manager ( flicker back with him next season ) I

Gissa job

Stats so far on 08:26 - Apr 5 with 3265 viewsrichfoad32

Stats so far on 23:17 - Apr 4 by Shun

I was going to say the same thing. Only two sides have scored more than us but NML and Lund have contributed nicely to that total and there's a good chance they won't be here next season. Done's name has been mentioned a few times as a replacement for NML and I'm sure he'd more than compensate for NML's goals, but I'm not getting my hopes up that we could get him. It'll be interesting to see what kind of replacement we get for Lund if he leaves too. Camps is scoring a good amount from midfield but it'd be nice to see Allen kick on in this area too.

I'm pretty much resigned to losing both NML and Lund who will be hard but not impossible to replace. I'm sure KH will already have targets in mind, though whether we can get them or not is always a problem. Despite the fact that he's been a revelation there is it possible we might push Bunney further forward and play Kitching/A.N.Other at LB? He might not have NML's pace but Joe will chip in with his share of goals and has a good delivery, I reckon it's a possibility. I'm actually less cut up about losing Lund. There's no doubt he's vital when he's available, but the amount of time he misses to injuries, suspensions and now (presumably) international call-ups makes him something of a liability. We have capable midfielders in the squad and there'll be a few decent free agents floating around in the summer....in Keith we trust.
Login to get fewer ads

Stats so far on 08:36 - Apr 5 with 3236 viewsColDale

Stats so far on 23:17 - Apr 4 by Shun

I think we have to assume that Lund and NML (and prob Raff too) won't be here next season. We know Hilly has been giving contracts out left, right and centre to secure his squad for next season so there's very little chance that these haven't already been offered new deals by the club.

But, whilst there's no doubting that Lund and NML are both performing very well at this moment in time, they haven't always done so consistently. NML is probably performing as well as any player in the division right now but he wasn't even getting in the side two months ago and was arguably just a bit part player in the winning run that took us into contention. Lund is a player who in the three seasons of League One football hasn't really contributed before this season - mainly due to injuries. Don't get me wrong, I think both are fantastic footballers and would love them to stay but over the years, I don't think they've been pivotal to the success of this team.

Raff is a different story. I've always had a moan about young footballers breaking into a side and not actually improving as a player since that moment but Raff keeps on getting better and better. He seems to have discovered an extra yard of pace in the last month alone, and had he got MOTM last night, no one could have complained. Apart from his recent rugby tackles, there's a wonderful maturity to his game. Normally, I'd have said that full backs were easy to replace but he'd be a massive blow if he was to go. I'd like to think that given right back isn't the most glamorous of positions, we'll be able to find a compromise that will see him sign a new deal.
Stats so far on 08:53 - Apr 5 with 3190 viewsrichfoad32

Stats so far on 08:36 - Apr 5 by ColDale

I think we have to assume that Lund and NML (and prob Raff too) won't be here next season. We know Hilly has been giving contracts out left, right and centre to secure his squad for next season so there's very little chance that these haven't already been offered new deals by the club.

But, whilst there's no doubting that Lund and NML are both performing very well at this moment in time, they haven't always done so consistently. NML is probably performing as well as any player in the division right now but he wasn't even getting in the side two months ago and was arguably just a bit part player in the winning run that took us into contention. Lund is a player who in the three seasons of League One football hasn't really contributed before this season - mainly due to injuries. Don't get me wrong, I think both are fantastic footballers and would love them to stay but over the years, I don't think they've been pivotal to the success of this team.

Raff is a different story. I've always had a moan about young footballers breaking into a side and not actually improving as a player since that moment but Raff keeps on getting better and better. He seems to have discovered an extra yard of pace in the last month alone, and had he got MOTM last night, no one could have complained. Apart from his recent rugby tackles, there's a wonderful maturity to his game. Normally, I'd have said that full backs were easy to replace but he'd be a massive blow if he was to go. I'd like to think that given right back isn't the most glamorous of positions, we'll be able to find a compromise that will see him sign a new deal.

Scott Wiseman is out of contract in the summer. In and out of the Scunny team I'm not sure he'll be offered a new deal, especially if they go up. Possible return to Dale to replace Raff (if he leaves?)
Stats so far on 09:10 - Apr 5 with 3152 viewsDale2017

Stats so far on 08:53 - Apr 5 by richfoad32

Scott Wiseman is out of contract in the summer. In and out of the Scunny team I'm not sure he'll be offered a new deal, especially if they go up. Possible return to Dale to replace Raff (if he leaves?)

Good player at the time but I don't get this infatuation with wanting to sign players of the past. Either raff signs a new deal or we look elsewhere and I'm sure there will be better options than wiseman available.

I'd love to see raff stay he's improved so much this season and he's a solid 7 out of 10 every game as a minimum and become a very reliable player for us
Stats so far on 10:43 - Apr 5 with 3034 viewsdingdangblue

With a bit more maturity and positional sense I think we have a ready made replacement for Raff (if he goes) in Andy Cannon. He'll certainly have more chance playing there than in midfield with Rathbone, Camps, Allen and hopefully Morley next season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stats so far on 11:02 - Apr 5 with 2993 viewsDaleiLama

Stats so far on 10:43 - Apr 5 by dingdangblue

With a bit more maturity and positional sense I think we have a ready made replacement for Raff (if he goes) in Andy Cannon. He'll certainly have more chance playing there than in midfield with Rathbone, Camps, Allen and hopefully Morley next season.

Really like Cannon, but suspect his crosses might not be as good as Raff's when he's playing the overlapping fullback role. Que sera sera though. Hope he proves me wrong?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stats so far on 12:24 - Apr 5 with 2910 viewsD_Alien

You've got that analysis spot on Col

And whilst it's been refreshing to see NML's form these last few games, there's a chance that given a new, improved contract we'd be scratching our heads for the first six months of next season too. Would Hilly go further than that and take a risk with our wage structure to keep him? I hope not.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Stats so far on 18:34 - Apr 5 with 2726 viewsdingdangblue

Stats so far on 11:02 - Apr 5 by DaleiLama

Really like Cannon, but suspect his crosses might not be as good as Raff's when he's playing the overlapping fullback role. Que sera sera though. Hope he proves me wrong?

Yes I agree - but he has all the tools to learn and improve as Raff has done. I really rate Cannon and wouldn't be too down if Raff goes - we've got over worse.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Stats so far on 18:45 - Apr 5 with 2697 viewsDaleiLama

Stats so far on 18:34 - Apr 5 by dingdangblue

Yes I agree - but he has all the tools to learn and improve as Raff has done. I really rate Cannon and wouldn't be too down if Raff goes - we've got over worse.

True dat!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Stats so far on 19:07 - Apr 5 with 2653 viewsRosun

I know one person who would be gutted if Raff left. Her alternative dreamboat, BBM, would have to play right back.

Song now updated to Joe Bunney at left back. Sorry Calvin.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2017 19:08]
Stats so far on 19:13 - Apr 5 with 2638 viewsChaffRAFC

Think Andy Cannon has proven to be a far more effective midfielder than a right back, in fact I don't rate him at all at right back and we saw him struggle there a few times last season. Joe Rafferty for me is the best right back we've ever had, better than Wiseman and Evans and they're the only ones who come close. In fact, for me, Joe Raff is a serious contender for player this year. Expect him to sign a new deal and will be gutted if he doesn't.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Stats so far on 21:39 - Apr 5 with 2468 viewsfitzochris

I have to say Rafferty has been impressive when I've seen him this season. I've got a weird subliminal hangup about him being from the Coleman era, but that clearly hasn't held him back.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Stats so far on 23:40 - Apr 5 with 2355 viewssweetcorn

Cannon has proven himself in midfield this season. He's been unlucky with injuries and the run of good form which saw him fall down the pecking order a bit..

Should stay a midfielder for me.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024