Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dave Sweetmore 13:10 - Apr 16 with 10785 viewsBrighouseDale

Has decided against his move the The Lakes and will be resuming his music career in Rochdale. Wonder if he's staying at COA?

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Dave Sweetmore on 13:20 - Apr 16 with 8862 views442Dale

In the summer of 2009 we had two right backs. We released Scott Wiseman and offered Simon Ramsden a deal which he turned down to move to Bradford. We then offered Wiseman a deal which he signed. If Ramsden changed his mind and asked to return would we have told Wiseman we didn't want him anymore?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Dave Sweetmore on 13:56 - Apr 16 with 8737 viewsChaffRAFC

Someone has been appointed as the new matchday announcer, he'd been unveiled on the official site as Dave's replacement. It's all different kinds of wrong to then say to Eden, "sorry lad, Dave's coming back so you can't have that job you earned and were best suited for and were really looking forward to taking".

As much as I like Dave, his job at Rochdale has been taken fairly and there's no job available now and I'm looking forward to Eden being the matchday announcer.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Dave Sweetmore on 14:04 - Apr 16 with 8701 viewsD_Alien

It's Eden's job

Sweetmore left. Eden was interviewed, appointed, paraded on the OS and given a warm welcome on this forum

Any volte face by the club wouldn't just be unwelcome, it'd be a betrayal of all the values espoused by Team Rochdale, and I'm confident it won't happen...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Dave Sweetmore on 14:05 - Apr 16 with 8697 viewsBrighouseDale

Dave Sweetmore on 13:56 - Apr 16 by ChaffRAFC

Someone has been appointed as the new matchday announcer, he'd been unveiled on the official site as Dave's replacement. It's all different kinds of wrong to then say to Eden, "sorry lad, Dave's coming back so you can't have that job you earned and were best suited for and were really looking forward to taking".

As much as I like Dave, his job at Rochdale has been taken fairly and there's no job available now and I'm looking forward to Eden being the matchday announcer.

It seems like he had plenty enough to keep him busy outside RAFC, what with his radio show and indie nights etc, but I'd imagine replacements have already been sorted out there as well. Maybe he's been offered something completely different, but it just happens to be back in Rochdale.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Dave Sweetmore on 19:35 - Apr 16 with 8237 viewsdalenumber2

He might not even want to, or presume he could resume his career at the COA. In any case, he can't. His job is not vacant as somebody else has been appointed.
Dave Sweetmore on 19:40 - Apr 16 with 8215 viewsRosun

Good news for The Club if he stays in the area and continues to organise events at The Ratcliffe.
Dave Sweetmore on 19:56 - Apr 16 with 8163 viewsBrierls

Always seemed a strange 'career move' in the first place. I'm not sure why any establishment in the Food & Leisure industry in the Lake District would look to a appoint a very Manchester centric DJ!?

Dave has helped Dale build a very good reputation for the music played inside the ground, but I'm looking forward to the fresh approach that Eden's appointment brings. I hope any suggestion of Dave walking back into his old job at Dale is made very much tongue in cheek.

That said, if the The Telegraph perform a sting on Eden and catch him on camera suggesting he'll play Steps for a cash payment, he can stick it up his arse. The England job was Big Sam's "dream job" too, it goes to their head...
Dave Sweetmore on 21:30 - Apr 16 with 8063 viewsisitme

I'm sure playing Steps will be last thing on his mind!
Login to get fewer ads

Dave Sweetmore on 09:54 - Apr 17 with 7688 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Dave Sweetmore on 21:30 - Apr 16 by isitme

I'm sure playing Steps will be last thing on his mind!

More of a S Club man is he?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 9:55]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Dave Sweetmore on 11:33 - Apr 17 with 7523 viewsD_Alien

Dave Sweetmore on 09:54 - Apr 17 by BigDaveMyCock

More of a S Club man is he?
[Post edited 17 Apr 2017 9:55]

Or perhaps Bardo c.1982

Dave Sweetmore on 19:49 - Apr 17 with 7079 viewsTVOS1907

Where has this been confirmed?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dave Sweetmore on 20:05 - Apr 17 with 6997 viewsjudd

Debaser by Pixies today was the musical highlight. Just wonderful.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Dave Sweetmore on 22:34 - Apr 17 with 6811 viewsrobtheb

Dave Sweetmore on 14:04 - Apr 16 by D_Alien

It's Eden's job

Sweetmore left. Eden was interviewed, appointed, paraded on the OS and given a warm welcome on this forum

Any volte face by the club wouldn't just be unwelcome, it'd be a betrayal of all the values espoused by Team Rochdale, and I'm confident it won't happen...

Thought I read somewhere on here that Eden would be shadowing Dave for the last 2 home games. Dave, as far as I could see and correct me if I am wrong was sat on his own today.
Dave Sweetmore on 22:57 - Apr 17 with 6763 viewsAtThePeake

Dave Sweetmore on 22:34 - Apr 17 by robtheb

Thought I read somewhere on here that Eden would be shadowing Dave for the last 2 home games. Dave, as far as I could see and correct me if I am wrong was sat on his own today.

Correcting you - Eden was indeed there today. He tweeted a video from the directors box before the game:

https://twitter.com/BearshawRAFC

Tangled up in blue.

Dave Sweetmore on 23:03 - Apr 17 with 6744 viewsrobtheb

Dave Sweetmore on 22:57 - Apr 17 by AtThePeake

Correcting you - Eden was indeed there today. He tweeted a video from the directors box before the game:

https://twitter.com/BearshawRAFC

I stand corrected.
Dave Sweetmore on 13:46 - Apr 18 with 6421 viewsnordenblue

Dave Sweetmore on 19:49 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/109530/local-dj-
Dave Sweetmore on 13:54 - Apr 18 with 6392 viewsupthedale

Dave Sweetmore on 13:46 - Apr 18 by nordenblue

https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/2/news-headlines/109530/local-dj-

"Sweetmore, who has also been Rochdale AFC's new match day announcer for the past 17 years, decided his heart belonged in Rochdale and will resume his music career here."

How long do you have to be a match day announcer before you're no longer "new"? I would have thought 17 years would have done the trick
Dave Sweetmore on 14:54 - Apr 18 with 6308 viewsDaleiLama

Dave Sweetmore on 23:03 - Apr 17 by robtheb

I stand corrected.

He was in the first comfy seat along from DS in the "posh bit" furiously scribbling notes in a little black book the 2nd half. He either got lots of phone numbers at HT or was indeed shadowing.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2017 14:58]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Dave Sweetmore on 17:37 - Apr 18 with 6165 viewsboromat

Dave Sweetmore on 19:49 - Apr 17 by TVOS1907

Also on his twitter

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Dave Sweetmore on 18:09 - Apr 18 with 6104 viewsTVOS1907

Dave Sweetmore on 17:37 - Apr 18 by boromat

Also on his twitter

Thanks

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Dave Sweetmore on 13:31 - Apr 21 with 5578 viewsnicknick

Dave Sweetmore on 14:04 - Apr 16 by D_Alien

It's Eden's job

Sweetmore has a first name. Its Dave. And Dave has given 17 years service to the club, been very loyal and is extremely well liked by all the staff and the vast majority of the fans. Lets put this into some perspective... Its a part time job that pays very little but you have to commit to being available for ALL games including pre season friendlies... I say If Dave is offered his position, that comes with no contract, the club should jump at the chance... Sorry Eden..
Dave Sweetmore on 13:47 - Apr 21 with 5526 viewsKenBoon

Dave Sweetmore on 13:31 - Apr 21 by nicknick

Sweetmore has a first name. Its Dave. And Dave has given 17 years service to the club, been very loyal and is extremely well liked by all the staff and the vast majority of the fans. Lets put this into some perspective... Its a part time job that pays very little but you have to commit to being available for ALL games including pre season friendlies... I say If Dave is offered his position, that comes with no contract, the club should jump at the chance... Sorry Eden..

Sup, Dave.
Dave Sweetmore on 13:48 - Apr 21 with 5524 viewsD_Alien

I know what his first name is, due to the huge amount of publicity generated by holding the position, a position which is no longer vacant

Great publicity for Eden Bearshaw too, and sure to help him further his career, which is what working in the media is pretty much all about. How's that for a perspective?

Good luck to them both

Dave Sweetmore on 14:02 - Apr 21 with 5480 viewsNewbury_Dale

Can the speakers be repaired in the Sandy Lane ?

Doesnt matter who the MC is most of the time, you cannot hear them properly anyway.
Dave Sweetmore on 14:11 - Apr 21 with 5457 viewsTTNYear

Think you maybe in the minority there nicknick. It would riding roughshod over Eden who was given the job with a fanfare to boot for both the incoming and outgoing incumbent. For him to now renege on that and expect just to walk back into the job wouldn't put him in the greatest of light. Why Dave left and didn't fully explore what he was letting himself in for is unfortunate, but we all get lessons in life like that. To think he can walk back into his old post and for the club to do that wouldn't be right, no matter how small the job, plus a tremendous boot in the balls to Eden.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024