Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A seat with a better view 16:02 - Nov 4 with 12995 viewssmithy

I really like the view that I've got from the Willbutts Lane stand. Unfortunately the sound system sounds even worse from here. There's an echo which means that it's virtually impossible to tell either what's being said or what's being played.
A seat with a better view on 17:06 - Nov 4 with 6057 viewsmeeee

It’s ten times better. I don’t think I can go back to where I usually sit now. I’d happily pay for a season ticket in the Willbutts next season even if it means being moved to the Pearl Street for the big away followings
A seat with a better view on 17:45 - Nov 4 with 5926 viewsRAFC_1990

A seat with a better view on 17:06 - Nov 4 by meeee

It’s ten times better. I don’t think I can go back to where I usually sit now. I’d happily pay for a season ticket in the Willbutts next season even if it means being moved to the Pearl Street for the big away followings

I echo this, We could give the away teams the Pearl St permanently, and half of the Willbutts for big games and keep half of Willbutts open to Dale fans all season long, tremendous view.

It would be interesting to know how many were in there today, it looked like the majority of Dale fans. Which speaks volumes.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 17:47]

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

A seat with a better view on 17:55 - Nov 4 with 5889 viewsDaley_Lama

A seat with a better view on 17:45 - Nov 4 by RAFC_1990

I echo this, We could give the away teams the Pearl St permanently, and half of the Willbutts for big games and keep half of Willbutts open to Dale fans all season long, tremendous view.

It would be interesting to know how many were in there today, it looked like the majority of Dale fans. Which speaks volumes.

Better view
Worse facilities
Worse leg room

TDS for me

Poll: DF in or out

A seat with a better view on 17:59 - Nov 4 with 5869 viewsTVOS1907

How does it 'speak volumes'?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A seat with a better view on 18:02 - Nov 4 with 5845 viewsRAFC_1990

Thats where people want to view the game from?

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

A seat with a better view on 18:05 - Nov 4 with 5824 viewsdalenumber2

That a lot of people chose to go there rather than the main stand or Sandy?
A seat with a better view on 18:09 - Nov 4 with 5797 viewsTVOS1907

A seat with a better view on 18:02 - Nov 4 by RAFC_1990

Thats where people want to view the game from?

Possibly, or maybe it means people were giving it a try today because of the hassle over sitting in the main stand and because the Sandy is standing only.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

A seat with a better view on 18:11 - Nov 4 with 5790 viewsKenBoon

You cannot compare the Pearl Street to the Willbutts Lane stand because one is behind the goal and the other down the side of the pitch. The alternative to the Willbutts Lane stand is the main stand. I've been in the Willbutts before and it's a modern stand, of a design that can be found at numerous other grounds around the country. It is a shame we don't have enough match going supporters to offer it to folk who'd like that view of the game but without the pillars.
Login to get fewer ads

A seat with a better view on 18:40 - Nov 4 with 5692 viewsonedalefan

A seat with a better view on 18:05 - Nov 4 by dalenumber2

That a lot of people chose to go there rather than the main stand or Sandy?

It was the stand available to people who wanted to not go through the hassle of getting up to the ground in advance. going to the ticket office to buy a ticket to be told where to sit but rather just turn up on the day, pay their money at the turnstile and sit where they wanted. Found it gave a very good view of the match but the seats were a lot more cramped than the Pearl Street.
A seat with a better view on 18:48 - Nov 4 with 5652 viewsValleySaddler

A seat with a better view on 18:40 - Nov 4 by onedalefan

It was the stand available to people who wanted to not go through the hassle of getting up to the ground in advance. going to the ticket office to buy a ticket to be told where to sit but rather just turn up on the day, pay their money at the turnstile and sit where they wanted. Found it gave a very good view of the match but the seats were a lot more cramped than the Pearl Street.

And that speaks volumes.......
A seat with a better view on 18:52 - Nov 4 with 5629 viewsBartRowou

I'd be interested to know from anyone in the Main Stand how loud the Dale fans in the Wilbutts were. You can only really hear the away support from the Sandy so it's not possible to tell.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

A seat with a better view on 18:54 - Nov 4 with 5625 views442Dale

A seat with a better view on 18:40 - Nov 4 by onedalefan

The relative merits and views of each stand are indeed not something the club need to take notice of right now, this post sums up the situation perfectly. Should they continue with a completely avoidable and divisive process for fans wishing to watch games in the main stand, then it will be clear that there is little assessment going on over decisions made.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A seat with a better view on 20:05 - Nov 4 with 5431 viewsrochdaleriddler

View was ok , the bar facilities were poor, the main stand was only 35% occupied

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

A seat with a better view on 20:29 - Nov 4 with 5377 viewsonedalefan

A seat with a better view on 20:05 - Nov 4 by rochdaleriddler

View was ok , the bar facilities were poor, the main stand was only 35% occupied

And the speakers are rubbish. At least in the Pearl Street End, you can tell what is being said even if it is too loud, Couldn't understand a thing today.
A seat with a better view on 20:49 - Nov 4 with 5310 viewsnordenblue

A seat with a better view on 18:52 - Nov 4 by BartRowou

I'd be interested to know from anyone in the Main Stand how loud the Dale fans in the Wilbutts were. You can only really hear the away support from the Sandy so it's not possible to tell.

I was in the main stand for today's game and could hardly hear a thing from the Wilbutts,I was in block A towards the Pearl Street and only heard an occasional song towards the end of the game?
Could hear the Bromley fans fairly well but the home support was very quiet
[Post edited 4 Nov 2017 20:49]
A seat with a better view on 21:17 - Nov 4 with 5214 viewsClivert

What would happen though say if we have the chance to sell nearly 4000 tickets to Sunderland, Bolton and Birmingham fans next season? That’d be at least 3 games you’d realistically be asking season ticket holders to move stands as logistically The Willbutts is the best Stand to manage an away team with that support. As good a view it is from The Willbutts it just makes more sense to me to leave that stand for away fans until/if we manage to build our own home support up.
A seat with a better view on 21:41 - Nov 4 with 5112 viewsrod_leach

I went into Wilbutt's today and so had the misfortune to spend the 2nd half with the amoebic brained individuals who congregate around the drum. How these people manage to dress themselves every day surprises me. Ruined it for me.
A seat with a better view on 21:46 - Nov 4 with 5096 viewsnordenblue

A seat with a better view on 21:41 - Nov 4 by rod_leach

I went into Wilbutt's today and so had the misfortune to spend the 2nd half with the amoebic brained individuals who congregate around the drum. How these people manage to dress themselves every day surprises me. Ruined it for me.

Totally agree,there's someone equally as bright on here who believes a football grounds a good place for a fooking drum....staggering
A seat with a better view on 22:01 - Nov 4 with 5052 viewsrochdaleriddler

A seat with a better view on 20:29 - Nov 4 by onedalefan

And the speakers are rubbish. At least in the Pearl Street End, you can tell what is being said even if it is too loud, Couldn't understand a thing today.

Absolutely dire pa

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

A seat with a better view on 22:02 - Nov 4 with 5047 viewsrochdaleriddler

A seat with a better view on 21:41 - Nov 4 by rod_leach

The drum idea was the chief executives

A seat with a better view on 22:26 - Nov 4 with 4981 viewsYorkshire_Dale

A seat with a better view on 20:29 - Nov 4 by onedalefan

Great acoustics in the Gents toilets at half time......just the right volume too.

Oh, and the hand dryers are good.
A seat with a better view on 01:48 - Nov 5 with 4846 viewsSandyDrum

A seat with a better view on 21:46 - Nov 4 by nordenblue

Totally agree,there's someone equally as bright on here who believes a football grounds a good place for a fooking drum....staggering

I have absolutely no idea what your problem is...

I was asked by the chief executive of the football club to play the drum, I did it for TWO matches before being verbally and physically threatened by a fellow Rochdale fan outside the ground.

I packed banging the drum in, told the chief exec and they passed it on to one of the kids.

This was well over a year ago, yet for some reason you still have it in for me and think that I bang the drum in the sandy lane?

If you look at my tagline on here it even says I wish I had picked a different username.

Every time I post you have it in for me and try and insult me by calling me drummer boy etc. How many times do I have to tell you exactly what happened and that you do not insult me and I am not upset by anything you say.

You never listen, you just go on and on droning on to yourself trying to insult me.

Maybe it time to grow some brain cells and move on to trying to upset someone who actually gives a flying f uck because you're just boring me now, seriously.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

A seat with a better view on 08:28 - Nov 5 with 4670 viewsnordenblue

A seat with a better view on 01:48 - Nov 5 by SandyDrum

I have absolutely no idea what your problem is...

I was asked by the chief executive of the football club to play the drum, I did it for TWO matches before being verbally and physically threatened by a fellow Rochdale fan outside the ground.

I packed banging the drum in, told the chief exec and they passed it on to one of the kids.

This was well over a year ago, yet for some reason you still have it in for me and think that I bang the drum in the sandy lane?

If you look at my tagline on here it even says I wish I had picked a different username.

Every time I post you have it in for me and try and insult me by calling me drummer boy etc. How many times do I have to tell you exactly what happened and that you do not insult me and I am not upset by anything you say.

You never listen, you just go on and on droning on to yourself trying to insult me.

Maybe it time to grow some brain cells and move on to trying to upset someone who actually gives a flying f uck because you're just boring me now, seriously.

And breathe.....

It's fine for you to insult people though don't forget....

You don't give a flying "fook" about my comments yet procede to write a novel in the middle of the night....
A seat with a better view on 09:56 - Nov 5 with 4557 viewsSandyDrum

A seat with a better view on 08:28 - Nov 5 by nordenblue

And breathe.....

It's fine for you to insult people though don't forget....

You don't give a flying "fook" about my comments yet procede to write a novel in the middle of the night....

Because I'm bored of you, I'm trying to get my point across to stop you wasting your time and you just don't listen.

"It's fine for you to insult people don't forget'.

Once again, you haven't taken in anything I just wrote so I will say it one last time.

Your words do not insult me, simple as that, yet you drag me into it every single time the drum is mentioned, it's just boring and a complete waste of your time.

Give it a rest, give your fingers a rest and move on to trying to insult someone who cares.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

A seat with a better view on 10:19 - Nov 5 with 4514 viewsDaley_Lama

Pssst: Create a new account/username

I assume the chaps rod_leach mentioned above were those singing 4-0 in your cup final and 'you're **** and you know you are'

It feels like ages since we did well to get to a certain stage of the FA Cup before meeting a team that were obviously far better than us and lost 4-0.

Poll: DF in or out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024