Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meeting with the directors 11:29 - Jan 14 with 38699 viewsColDale

In case you missed it, this was announced a few days ago
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/01/meeting-with-the-directors-january-2018/

Meeting with the directors on 15:32 - Jan 21 with 5658 viewsnordenblue

Meeting with the directors on 15:20 - Jan 21 by DaleFan7

I thought smoking was banned altogether in football league grounds and football grounds that are enclosed?

If people can't wait 2 hours to have a fag then that should be their problem, not the clubs imo. Our club are far too soft at stopping people from smoking in areas it clearly states you can't smoke.

While I agree somewhat and don't smoke myself,I still think not being "allowed" to smoke in what is ultimately outside is nothing short of ridiculous... if it encourages more people to attend too then its a good thing
Meeting with the directors on 15:46 - Jan 21 with 5618 viewsDaleFan7

Meeting with the directors on 15:32 - Jan 21 by nordenblue

While I agree somewhat and don't smoke myself,I still think not being "allowed" to smoke in what is ultimately outside is nothing short of ridiculous... if it encourages more people to attend too then its a good thing

It doesn't really bother me whether people do or don't to be honest, I just thought it was illegal to once you are in the stadium grounds? I might be wrong.
Meeting with the directors on 15:56 - Jan 21 with 5579 viewskiwidale

Meeting with the directors on 15:46 - Jan 21 by DaleFan7

It doesn't really bother me whether people do or don't to be honest, I just thought it was illegal to once you are in the stadium grounds? I might be wrong.

you are not wrong smoking is banned in any football league ground.

This is not the time for bickering.

Meeting with the directors on 15:59 - Jan 21 with 5560 views100569

Meeting with the directors on 15:56 - Jan 21 by kiwidale

you are not wrong smoking is banned in any football league ground.

More and more away clubs allow us to smoke at half time in a dedicated area be it an area inside the ground or just outside in a cordoned off area.
Meeting with the directors on 16:08 - Jan 21 with 5540 viewskiwidale

Meeting with the directors on 15:59 - Jan 21 by 100569

More and more away clubs allow us to smoke at half time in a dedicated area be it an area inside the ground or just outside in a cordoned off area.

taken from the telegraph website

where you can and cant smoke

Sports stadiums

Yes as long is there is no roof

No if it is a stadium of any Football League club

also of note is this could be a nice little earner for the club.

£80 fine for dropping a cigarette butt.

This is not the time for bickering.

Meeting with the directors on 19:40 - Jan 21 with 5423 viewsKenBoon

Meeting with the directors on 15:20 - Jan 21 by DaleFan7

I thought smoking was banned altogether in football league grounds and football grounds that are enclosed?

If people can't wait 2 hours to have a fag then that should be their problem, not the clubs imo. Our club are far too soft at stopping people from smoking in areas it clearly states you can't smoke.

I agree but smoking in the toilets would appear to have been tolerated since the ban and some folk cannot evolve past 2 hours without smoking. Giving smokers a zone away from folk would mean the ban within the stands could be properly enforced without the old moaners threatening to never come back again until they're allowed to do what they want.
Meeting with the directors on 22:04 - Jan 22 with 5234 viewsColDale

Quick word on this.

Very productive meeting held at the club tonight. Probably the longest directors meeting I've ever known, and certainly we had more questions asked than we've had before.

Reckon we'll the answers online on Wednesday evening all things being well. Can't always read my own writing, so need to compare notes before we stick anything online.

http://daletrust.co.uk
Meeting with the directors on 22:15 - Jan 22 with 5164 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 22:04 - Jan 22 by ColDale

Quick word on this.

Very productive meeting held at the club tonight. Probably the longest directors meeting I've ever known, and certainly we had more questions asked than we've had before.

Reckon we'll the answers online on Wednesday evening all things being well. Can't always read my own writing, so need to compare notes before we stick anything online.

In the absence of anything from the club so far after the postponement, could fans be assured that all the valid concerns and worries around the situation at present were acknowledged, especially that of the pitch?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Meeting with the directors on 22:16 - Jan 22 with 5157 viewsSheffdale

Meeting with the directors on 22:04 - Jan 22 by ColDale

Quick word on this.

Well done for putting a quick (and positive!) heads up on here. Look forward to seeing what was discussed.
Meeting with the directors on 22:22 - Jan 22 with 5117 viewsColDale

Meeting with the directors on 22:15 - Jan 22 by 442Dale

In the absence of anything from the club so far after the postponement, could fans be assured that all the valid concerns and worries around the situation at present were acknowledged, especially that of the pitch?

The pitch unsurprisingly provided the most questions, and was a lengthy discussion. There's no big announcement to come out from our answers other than expert advice is sought at all times (and continues to be), and this underpins any decisions taken with regards to the pitch.
Meeting with the directors on 22:22 - Jan 22 with 5115 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 22:16 - Jan 22 by Sheffdale

Well done for putting a quick (and positive!) heads up on here. Look forward to seeing what was discussed.

Indeed, excellent work from the Trust. The request above was not to put too much on the Trust - it’s just that there’s nothing elsewhere. It’s excellent that we know something is coming from them in the next couple of days.

Hopefully the club will follow suit/have something on before then.

Meeting with the directors on 22:32 - Jan 22 with 5076 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 22:22 - Jan 22 by ColDale

The pitch unsurprisingly provided the most questions, and was a lengthy discussion. There's no big announcement to come out from our answers other than expert advice is sought at all times (and continues to be), and this underpins any decisions taken with regards to the pitch.

Thanks. At least we have an update.

Meeting with the directors on 22:39 - Jan 22 with 5039 viewsTVOS1907

Meeting with the directors on 22:22 - Jan 22 by ColDale

I'm not sure the word 'expert' is the right one to use.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Meeting with the directors on 23:17 - Jan 22 with 4946 viewsDorsetDale

Meeting with the directors on 22:39 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

Anyone can seek expert advice, crux of the matter is whether it's acted on!

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Meeting with the directors on 23:46 - Jan 22 with 4910 viewsD_Alien

Meeting with the directors on 22:39 - Jan 22 by TVOS1907

Maybe it was an expert pudding maker?

There's proof...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Meeting with the directors on 03:02 - Jan 23 with 4821 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Meeting with the directors on 19:31 - Jan 17 by DaleiLama

Please add excessive tannoy volume in main stand as a concern also.

It is just as bad in the Sandy. Surely a DJ should know what a microphone is for. People usually use them so they don`t have to shout to be heard. Our tannoy man shouts down it to the point he is inaudible.
Meeting with the directors on 03:24 - Jan 23 with 4807 viewsDaleiLama

Meeting with the directors on 23:46 - Jan 22 by D_Alien

Maybe it was an expert pudding maker?

There's proof...

Need to organise a friendly with Everton at the COA then to make it a sticky toffee pudding?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Meeting with the directors on 11:56 - Jan 23 with 4479 viewsParkinsGimp

Meeting with the directors on 03:02 - Jan 23 by RooleyMoorBlue

It is just as bad in the Sandy. Surely a DJ should know what a microphone is for. People usually use them so they don`t have to shout to be heard. Our tannoy man shouts down it to the point he is inaudible.

Dont critise the mighty sweetmore OMG
Meeting with the directors on 16:04 - Jan 24 with 3843 viewsColDale

Apologies for that. Update was on, and now its not. Little change to be finalised but unlikely to be tonight when its on.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Meeting with the directors on 16:31 - Jan 24 with 3766 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 16:04 - Jan 24 by ColDale

Apologies for that. Update was on, and now its not. Little change to be finalised but unlikely to be tonight when its on.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Could it be released in a couple of parts?

There were enough bloody questions that it’ll take longer to read than bloody copy and paste to send in for the Trust to ask! As long as it’s as productive, that’s the main thing. Seeing an awareness and acknowledgement of fans’ valid concerns is the main thing though, especially a recognition that we can always seek to improve as a club. Plus the simple inclusion of an apology for the lack of an apology on Saturday!
[Post edited 24 Jan 2018 16:32]

Meeting with the directors on 18:50 - Jan 24 with 3505 viewsNinco

Meeting with the directors on 16:08 - Jan 21 by kiwidale

taken from the telegraph website

where you can and cant smoke

Sports stadiums

Yes as long is there is no roof

No if it is a stadium of any Football League club

also of note is this could be a nice little earner for the club.

£80 fine for dropping a cigarette butt.

To be honest, where I sit close to the half way line in the main stand, there's always loads of stewards around as they tend to frequent the tunnel area, but people will still have a drag of those e cigarettes in the stands. Nothing gets done, and it never has done.

I don't mind people having a cig if it's away from non-smokers, but I don't want to sit there with other people's smoke wafting in my face while I am watching the game.
Meeting with the directors on 19:47 - Jan 24 with 3410 viewsJimlidale

Maybe the club could strike up a deal with a local reputable hypnotherapist for some form of discount on a stop smoking session. Could also do something with the Manchester Allen Carr easyway clinic to run some discounted sessions at the club. As the football league introduced the ban they could also get involved with a subsidy
Meeting with the directors on 17:50 - Jan 25 with 3014 viewsColDale

Part 1
http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2018/01/meeting-with-the-directors-part-1/

We'll get the pitch stuff on as soon as we can, just not in a position at this moment in time to do so. I know that's probably the main bit people want to be reading about right now, so please bare with us and we'll get that on as soon as we can.
Meeting with the directors on 18:58 - Jan 25 with 2871 views442Dale

Meeting with the directors on 17:50 - Jan 25 by ColDale

Part 1

We'll get the pitch stuff on as soon as we can, just not in a position at this moment in time to do so. I know that's probably the main bit people want to be reading about right now, so please bare with us and we'll get that on as soon as we can.

Will point out that the question around the fixture board has been asked and noted by the club in the past and leave it there for now.

That tells a clear story about this process and Team Rochdale.

Meeting with the directors on 19:03 - Jan 25 with 2847 viewsE_Bearshaw

Meeting with the directors on 17:50 - Jan 25 by ColDale

Part 1

Appreciate the effort in collating all of that Col.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024