Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board 23:43 - Oct 23 with 18894 viewsHopwoodblue

Given we have four home games on the bounce coming up, failure to win any and a defeat in cup to Gateshead even in a replay may make the board feel they need to take action.
On the one hand we have a decent squad that is under performing for what ever reason and there could be many including Keith.
But on the other hand we all have to be careful what we wish for.
It could be a tricky few weeks for Keith and his staff.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2018 23:49]

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:30 - Oct 25 with 2435 viewsColDale

If the season ended today, where would our current league position rank in our 111 year history?
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:35 - Oct 25 with 2416 views100notout

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:30 - Oct 25 by ColDale

If the season ended today, where would our current league position rank in our 111 year history?

Bloody hell Col you're starting to sound like a bury fan coming out with comments like that!

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:36 - Oct 25 with 2409 viewsDaleiLama

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 08:38 - Oct 25 by Newbury_Dale

I wonder if there’s a stat for the most number crosses coming into the box from wide areas, which lead to shots on attempts on goal ? Because this for me is the issue, which the manager either cannot see or chooses to ignore. The fullbacks are exposed constantly because of the formation. Too many central midfield players and central strikers. It’s all too narrow. The formation is the main issue here, plus the fixation on accomodating the managers favourites at all costs. Dropping Henderson may sound ridiculous to some but we seem to build the whole team around him and he doesn’t contribute enough to warrant that. I’d like to see us revert to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, instead of 4-3-3 because the two wide players in the front three generally aren’t wide players and it’s not helping our team shape when it comes to defending in wide areas and stopping crosses coming into our box.

You could argue that someone may step up and score if Hendo wasn't playing (not sure who though) but I would suggest that our goals for, points and league position would all be lower without him.

Couldn't agree more on the crosses though (you can add free kicks needlessly given away too) but as previously mentioned that doesn't solve the corner problem. At the moment, there are a lot more questions than answers. Cue music …………...

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:53 - Oct 25 with 2370 views442Dale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:30 - Oct 25 by ColDale

Which is why we need to keep calm and focus on getting things right with people at the club taking accountability to ensure that we move forward rather than backwards.

January will be key. Hill has to admit he has a squad that’s far too big full of players who don’t stand out ahead of rivals for the positions they are competing for. The only way that changes is for the stupidly long list of players on the back of the programme to be reduced.

It could be harsh, but we could shed Williams11, Inman, Clough, Thompson, Gillam who all have/may feature in forward/wide midfield roles and bring in one solid centre half and the squad immediately improves. Personally I find it tedious how often the team changes with no visible benefits so why are they all here? One reason: the manager thinks we need them all.

It’s great that we are in the position we are in L1 as a club. The argument is we could and should be doing better but for reoccurring problems (for over a number of years) that are still to be sorted.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:30 - Oct 25 with 2238 viewsShun

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 08:38 - Oct 25 by Newbury_Dale

I wonder if there’s a stat for the most number crosses coming into the box from wide areas, which lead to shots on attempts on goal ? Because this for me is the issue, which the manager either cannot see or chooses to ignore. The fullbacks are exposed constantly because of the formation. Too many central midfield players and central strikers. It’s all too narrow. The formation is the main issue here, plus the fixation on accomodating the managers favourites at all costs. Dropping Henderson may sound ridiculous to some but we seem to build the whole team around him and he doesn’t contribute enough to warrant that. I’d like to see us revert to 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1, instead of 4-3-3 because the two wide players in the front three generally aren’t wide players and it’s not helping our team shape when it comes to defending in wide areas and stopping crosses coming into our box.

We haven’t played 4-3-3 for a while. We’ve been playing with a 4-4-2, with the midfield 4 a diamond, and lately a front 2 of Henderson and Williams.

I agree totally about the crosses though. There’s clearly a problem there but nobody seems capable of solving it.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:05 - Oct 25 with 2194 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 13:30 - Oct 25 by Shun

We haven’t played 4-3-3 for a while. We’ve been playing with a 4-4-2, with the midfield 4 a diamond, and lately a front 2 of Henderson and Williams.

I agree totally about the crosses though. There’s clearly a problem there but nobody seems capable of solving it.

Perhaps I am being a 'numpty' but here's an idea. See who the best clubs are at defending corners, free kicks and crosses into the Get videos of what they do and train to try and replicate.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:12 - Oct 25 with 2184 viewspioneer

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:05 - Oct 25 by James1980

Perhaps I am being a 'numpty' but here's an idea. See who the best clubs are at defending corners, free kicks and crosses into the Get videos of what they do and train to try and replicate.

You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:21 - Oct 25 with 2178 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:12 - Oct 25 by pioneer

You can’t make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

Ok best teams at doing defending the aforementioned in League 1 and 2 then. Or could it worryingly be the case regardless of what they are coached in training, the players don't have the ability to put it into practice on the pitch.

Login to get fewer ads

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:33 - Oct 25 with 2170 views442Dale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:21 - Oct 25 by James1980

Ok best teams at doing defending the aforementioned in League 1 and 2 then. Or could it worryingly be the case regardless of what they are coached in training, the players don't have the ability to put it into practice on the pitch.

In the much-referenced last 16 games of last season which kept us up (we gained 25 points), we conceded 16 goals and kept 7 clean sheets. We retained every player who played in the back five and in goal throughout that period, so they know it can be done and have proven to be capable.

We have abandoned that plan far too quickly after the admittedly heavy defeats early doors against Barnsley and Peterborough.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 15:12 - Oct 25 with 2137 viewsJames1980

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 14:33 - Oct 25 by 442Dale

In the much-referenced last 16 games of last season which kept us up (we gained 25 points), we conceded 16 goals and kept 7 clean sheets. We retained every player who played in the back five and in goal throughout that period, so they know it can be done and have proven to be capable.

We have abandoned that plan far too quickly after the admittedly heavy defeats early doors against Barnsley and Peterborough.

Strange how we have not been able to continue the defensive strength so far this season. Unless the 16 goals conceded came from the same issues we are seeing this season and opposition managers have done their homework and are exploiting those frailties.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 15:20 - Oct 25 with 2123 viewsChaffRAFC

This has been a cracking discussion.

The fact that we have even had suggests all is not right. We've gone from it being one or two posters going on about Hill Out banners. I know a few who want a change of manager or no longer trust that Hill is the best man for the job.

Personally, I don't know that there is a better man to be in charge of the club. He's got us to where we are and the point Col makes about the historical league positions is a valid one.

What I do know is that the Keith Hill we have now isn't the same Keith Hill that has taken us up twice. The team selections are almost a big V sign to supporters. The goalkeeping situation is nothing short of farcical. The fact we bring in a top class player on loan and still end up benching him in order to favour the likes of Jordan Williams and Matty Gillam. The likes of Andy Cannon who never fails to impress when he plays gets a bit part role at best.

This Keith Hill can't take criticism or accept blame. Tuesday night, I didn't go, I've seen the goals, who does he blame? The referee. Criticism aimed at him for these baffling team selections and he blows his top in the media and makes mountains out of molehills. Is it a deflection method? Probably but it makes him come across as a thoroughly unlikable man with a superiority complex.

This season, with the squad improvements this summer, should have been a case of improving on last season and steering clear of danger. We may well do that yet but the way we're shipping goals is absolutely alarming and the record for home wins in the last 12-18 months is also alarming.

I know we call him Baldy Mourinho, this has never been more accurate and not for the reasons it used to be. Jose is a miserable, defensive, woe is me, never taking blame kind of manager these days who is under achieving with baffling team selections. The only bit of that which doesn't fit Hill is the under-achieving, we're over-achieving as a football club but I'm growing tired of hearing that we shouldn't be at the level we are, we're here on merit and it's become a handy excuse when we lose and we dare to voice our concerns.

Do I want him out? No.

Do I think there's a better option? Probably not

Do I want him to recognize the mistakes he's making? Absolutely

Do I want him to act on them? He absolutely has to!

Is he in danger of ruining the legacy he's created? Yes, all through his own attitude and unwillingness to take any blame.

Keith Hill's Barmy Army? Clap Clap Clap Clap

This post has been edited by an administrator

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 16:02 - Oct 25 with 2060 views442Dale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 15:12 - Oct 25 by James1980

Strange how we have not been able to continue the defensive strength so far this season. Unless the 16 goals conceded came from the same issues we are seeing this season and opposition managers have done their homework and are exploiting those frailties.

We haven’t played the back five since August, that’s really my point why we haven’t been able to. Not that we shouldn’t try other ways of playing, but to not bother with it for two months is hard to explain.

Anyway, Chaff has covered everything pretty brilliantly. It would be difficult for people to disagree as to why some fans would feel like he and many others do. It’s very fair, as so many other points are on here. To dismiss those sort of balanced views from supporters isn’t something anyone, either at the club or ourselves as fans, should be doing.

Hill may well be right that we are on the verge of something special happening at the club, but we need to make sure we get there to experience it.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 17:59 - Oct 25 with 1947 viewsMolly

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 11:27 - Oct 24 by ParkinsGimp

Yes very lucky indeed DDBollox. last 16 games ...erm have a look so planned to be on last game?????
I despair with fans like you and this other numpty James..... Blind faith isnt always good.

Why do you find it necessary to be personally insulting to other fans whose opinions differ from your own.? If for once you explained just why you found their opinions wrong and discussed your differences in am objective and adult manner then your posts might not get the negative reactions they seem to attract. Why not try it for once instead of hurling out childish and abusive insults?
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 18:58 - Oct 25 with 1883 viewsNorthernDale

I agree that KH team selection is at times very strange and questionable , and his apparent attitude to some of the players and even fans can be annoying, but I am sick of tired of fans calling for him to go.

What happened last time he left and the appointment of Eyre, followed by Coleman what a success that proved to be, KH has many faults, but he is the best man for the Dale at the present. Just look at Ipswich, they wanted McCarthy out and got their wish, now look at them, also look at the turn over in managers at Bury due to the moaning fans, it as brought no success to Bury at all.

Sadly there are Dale fans who moan at KH and criticising him when we were winning most weeks in style, especially in the main stand. I would like Keith to pick the best team every week and return to the old attacking football of earlier years, but get real we are in league 1 with teams with bigger budgets, greater fan bases and yet we have survived in league 1 for five successive years. Which considering our history, is only thing us older fans could only have dreamed about when we were fighting relegation to non-league football year in, year out. So look at other teams, who have adopted similar approaches and ask yourself, ask you being wise to call for KH to be dismissed.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 20:28 - Oct 25 with 1793 viewskiwidale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 10:53 - Oct 25 by 442Dale

Which is why we need to keep calm and focus on getting things right with people at the club taking accountability to ensure that we move forward rather than backwards.

January will be key. Hill has to admit he has a squad that’s far too big full of players who don’t stand out ahead of rivals for the positions they are competing for. The only way that changes is for the stupidly long list of players on the back of the programme to be reduced.

It could be harsh, but we could shed Williams11, Inman, Clough, Thompson, Gillam who all have/may feature in forward/wide midfield roles and bring in one solid centre half and the squad immediately improves. Personally I find it tedious how often the team changes with no visible benefits so why are they all here? One reason: the manager thinks we need them all.

It’s great that we are in the position we are in L1 as a club. The argument is we could and should be doing better but for reoccurring problems (for over a number of years) that are still to be sorted.

I hadn't realised the squad was that big.s I see the problem given that nobody stands out as obvious starters especially midfield and defence. I would have thought from *afar that such a big squad of seasoned pro's limits the opportunity for youth to be introduced, this at a time when their are several young players with promise on the books. I'm certain the criticism on here would be tempered if we were playing the product of our youth system. Just how old or good do you have to be to be ready for the first team.

This is not the time for bickering.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 20:42 - Oct 25 with 1760 viewssoulboy

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 18:58 - Oct 25 by NorthernDale

I agree that KH team selection is at times very strange and questionable , and his apparent attitude to some of the players and even fans can be annoying, but I am sick of tired of fans calling for him to go.

What happened last time he left and the appointment of Eyre, followed by Coleman what a success that proved to be, KH has many faults, but he is the best man for the Dale at the present. Just look at Ipswich, they wanted McCarthy out and got their wish, now look at them, also look at the turn over in managers at Bury due to the moaning fans, it as brought no success to Bury at all.

Sadly there are Dale fans who moan at KH and criticising him when we were winning most weeks in style, especially in the main stand. I would like Keith to pick the best team every week and return to the old attacking football of earlier years, but get real we are in league 1 with teams with bigger budgets, greater fan bases and yet we have survived in league 1 for five successive years. Which considering our history, is only thing us older fans could only have dreamed about when we were fighting relegation to non-league football year in, year out. So look at other teams, who have adopted similar approaches and ask yourself, ask you being wise to call for KH to be dismissed.

I agree entirley, if you look at the period from 1973/74 until the late 90s it almost looked like a different sport. I would hazared a guess most "fans" calling for KHs head are under 35 and the majoirity havent got a clue when it comes to suggesting a replacement.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 20:47 - Oct 25 with 1750 viewsJames1980

People moaned when Dale were playing well and winning, seriously, wtf, why? Is there a small contigent of parochial Dale fans, who deep down would rather the club were in the National League Northern Division. With turnouts of less than 500. With a, this is a local club for local people attitude. Scratching my head and trying to work out why anyone would moan about, playing well and winning.

[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 20:49]

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 20:52 - Oct 25 with 1745 viewsD_Alien

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 18:58 - Oct 25 by NorthernDale

100% in agreement with this

Unfortunately, when i posted from very much the same point of view but using a different form of words, it was jumped upon by those who have an axe to grind. I'm sure the board are sick to death of having fans taking short-term adverse results as a signal to start a campaign against KH

I strongly suspect most people will have understood where i was coming from, where there was a will to understand

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:53 - Oct 25 with 1679 viewsjudd

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 20:52 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

100% in agreement with this

Unfortunately, when i posted from very much the same point of view but using a different form of words, it was jumped upon by those who have an axe to grind. I'm sure the board are sick to death of having fans taking short-term adverse results as a signal to start a campaign against KH

I strongly suspect most people will have understood where i was coming from, where there was a will to understand

Neither you nor I can prove your assertion about the directors is right or wrong.

However, your opinion as expressed and re-written ad infinitum is wrong however you wish to reinterpret it.

You were wrong again. Get over it. Someone will change your nappy soon.

Poll: What is it to be then?

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:18 - Oct 25 with 1638 viewsD_Alien

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:53 - Oct 25 by judd

Neither you nor I can prove your assertion about the directors is right or wrong.

However, your opinion as expressed and re-written ad infinitum is wrong however you wish to reinterpret it.

There'd be more shit in there than you can handle, that's for sure

Putting forward a "prove it" argument on a football messageboard isn't worthy of even someone with an axe to grind

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:28 - Oct 25 with 1604 viewsShun

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 21:53 - Oct 25 by judd

With respect, I don’t think he was wrong. I think it was fairly clear that his post was a show of support for Hill and the respect the board surely have for him. There’s no need to read any more into it than that. Your decision to stick up for the board is admirable but on this occasion I don’t think it was needed.
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:33 - Oct 25 with 1592 viewsjudd

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:18 - Oct 25 by D_Alien

There'd be more shit in there than you can handle, that's for sure

Putting forward a "prove it" argument on a football messageboard isn't worthy of even someone with an axe to grind

No axe to grind on my part, babe.

Just say what you mean in future. After all, you're not exactly future GCSE Shakespeare material. Another winter of our discontent not withstanding.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:40 - Oct 25 with 1568 viewsjudd

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:28 - Oct 25 by Shun

With respect, I don’t think he was wrong. I think it was fairly clear that his post was a show of support for Hill and the respect the board surely have for him. There’s no need to read any more into it than that. Your decision to stick up for the board is admirable but on this occasion I don’t think it was needed.

Shun, I asked a question. He avoided it then liked a post he felt supported his stance. I reiterated the question. He went on to reinvent his assertion. You've bought in. Fair play to you.

The statement he made and that I questioned was clear in my mind. His opinion is wrong to both hold and express in the terms that he did.

That he continues to seek affirmation from twisting his intention speaks volumes.

We can agree, in any case, that we do back the manager.

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 08:39 - Oct 26 with 1328 viewsaleanddale

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 22:40 - Oct 25 by judd

Shun, I asked a question. He avoided it then liked a post he felt supported his stance. I reiterated the question. He went on to reinvent his assertion. You've bought in. Fair play to you.

The statement he made and that I questioned was clear in my mind. His opinion is wrong to both hold and express in the terms that he did.

That he continues to seek affirmation from twisting his intention speaks volumes.

We can agree, in any case, that we do back the manager.

I would say 99% back the manager.

Its time to get behind the lads and enjoy what we do have! an amazing manager and a football club that has never been In better shape!

Up the Dale!!!
A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 08:57 - Oct 26 with 1310 viewsBigDaveMyCock

A difficult decision may have to be made by the board on 08:39 - Oct 26 by aleanddale

I would say 99% back the manager.

Its time to get behind the lads and enjoy what we do have! an amazing manager and a football club that has never been In better shape!

Up the Dale!!!

I’m sure Egon Krenz thought the Deutsche Demokratische Republik was fabulous on the morning of 9 November 1989, but we all know what happened there don’t we? David Hasslehoff came and ruined it.

Consider this, is there going to be our David Hasslehoff? If so, who will be our David Hasslehoff? And if there is, and we know who it is, then will he have an evil twin with a goatee beard like what he did? Also, will he have a talking car that he can talk to through a watch, except when he’s in it or possibly near it (he can just talk to it like normal then). Will he be a shit singer? Of course he will, you don’t need to consider that one.

I bet you fooking haven’t have you?

Turbo boost to the Championship!!
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 9:01]

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024