Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hills last game.....?? 15:43 - Jan 1 with 7209 viewsRodingdale

Seriously think this could be Hills last game, apart from our precarious league position and Hill being PR disaster; for five specific reasons which are relevant now:

1. New Board - Hill and Dunphy were a team, now Dunphy out of the way - much easier for a new board to make a change.

2. Constant tinkering- would be ok if it worked. But it hasn’t, for over two years now.

3. Home form. If it weren’t for some big away supports, our gates would be v low.

4. It’s 1st January. Time for a new manager to ship out deadwood and bring in some new players.

5. Gary Jones is available......

We will see......
Hills last game.....?? on 15:46 - Jan 1 with 4999 viewsCanaDale

Can't afford to sack him, stuck with this I'm afraid.
Hills last game.....?? on 15:50 - Jan 1 with 4923 viewsMoonyDale

Hills last game.....?? on 15:46 - Jan 1 by CanaDale

This is the problem with 5 year deals, unless there is a clause in the contract regarding performance/league position he can't be sacked, he would have to resign..Can anyone see Hill doing that? Not with an ego the size or the fecking moon as that would mean admitting he'd got it badly wrong.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hills last game.....?? on 15:53 - Jan 1 with 4867 viewsoff2div1

How much longer has he on his contract
Hills last game.....?? on 15:55 - Jan 1 with 4829 viewsD_Alien

It's pretty sad really, that it's come to this

Another 45 minutes? Plus Burton at home? If there's no reaction by then...

And, who'd want to sign for us now (apart from anyone already lined up) with any quality?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hills last game.....?? on 15:57 - Jan 1 with 4787 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hills last game.....?? on 15:46 - Jan 1 by CanaDale

Says who, can’t afford to keep him

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hills last game.....?? on 15:58 - Jan 1 with 4772 viewsMoonyDale

Hills last game.....?? on 15:55 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

And, who'd want to sign for us now (apart from anyone already lined up) with any quality?

Honestly D_A if he is still in a job for the Burton game I will be amazed....

Hills last game.....?? on 15:59 - Jan 1 with 4747 viewsKenBoon

It’s how we’re losing that is my biggest concern. Had Blackpool not sat back on Boxing Day they’d probably had won. Bradford was piss poor. This today is beyond that. Humiliating on the pitch. Baffling off it. It’s happened too often this season. If the players don’t show fight in the second half then they’ve probably lost the love.
Hills last game.....?? on 16:01 - Jan 1 with 4704 viewsDale23years

Hills last game.....?? on 15:58 - Jan 1 by MoonyDale

Honestly D_A if he is still in a job for the Burton game I will be amazed....

I think the atmosphere will be toxic if he's still manager, and we play like we have in last 2 games (game and half so far)

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Login to get fewer ads

Hills last game.....?? on 16:08 - Jan 1 with 4623 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wow.......New Mr Chairman faced with a problem like this first day of the New Year.

The Board of Directors have a big decision to make and take stock.......trouble is Keith Hill's stock is so low it's in the pile of the carpet.

What do we do?...........
Hills last game.....?? on 16:11 - Jan 1 with 4580 viewsMoonyDale

Hills last game.....?? on 16:08 - Jan 1 by Yorkshire_Dale

Wow.......New Mr Chairman faced with a problem like this first day of the New Year.

The Board of Directors have a big decision to make and take stock.......trouble is Keith Hill's stock is so low it's in the pile of the carpet.

What do we do?...........

Send him home on gardening leave and let someone else take the reigns....

Hills last game.....?? on 16:17 - Jan 1 with 4499 viewsDalenet

Hills last game.....?? on 15:50 - Jan 1 by MoonyDale

This is the problem with 5 year deals, unless there is a clause in the contract regarding performance/league position he can't be sacked, he would have to resign..Can anyone see Hill doing that? Not with an ego the size or the fecking moon as that would mean admitting he'd got it badly wrong.....

If we cant afford to sack him we could bring somebody in above him and see what happens. If he doesn't like it he walks. He would have to follow instructions though and he would hate it. But needs must
Hills last game.....?? on 16:20 - Jan 1 with 4434 viewsTomRAFC

Big decision for the new chairman/CEO. We don't know whether sacking Hill would be affordable, very tight financially or simply not doable.

I'd like to see us get someone in with a good record, rather than going for someone purely because we liked them as a player. Paul Hurst is available. So is Mark Warburton.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hills last game.....?? on 16:27 - Jan 1 with 4331 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hills last game.....?? on 16:20 - Jan 1 by TomRAFC

Big decision for the new chairman/CEO. We don't know whether sacking Hill would be affordable, very tight financially or simply not doable.

I'd like to see us get someone in with a good record, rather than going for someone purely because we liked them as a player. Paul Hurst is available. So is Mark Warburton.

A few names banded about now too.........certainly time for another poll.

Is Gary Bowyer still doing gardening?
Hills last game.....?? on 16:28 - Jan 1 with 4308 viewsfitzochris

Hills last game.....?? on 16:20 - Jan 1 by TomRAFC

Both of those you mention were on a comparative king’s ransom in their previous jobs. They will be angling for similar deals in their next job, I’m sure.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hills last game.....?? on 16:32 - Jan 1 with 4232 viewsTomRAFC

Hills last game.....?? on 16:28 - Jan 1 by fitzochris

Both of those you mention were on a comparative king’s ransom in their previous jobs. They will be angling for similar deals in their next job, I’m sure.

You're probably right about Warburton. Apart from a brief stint at Ipswich, Hurst's previous clubs were Shrewsbury and Grimsby so probably not a King's ransom.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Hills last game.....?? on 16:33 - Jan 1 with 4207 viewsfitzochris

Hills last game.....?? on 16:32 - Jan 1 by TomRAFC

You're probably right about Warburton. Apart from a brief stint at Ipswich, Hurst's previous clubs were Shrewsbury and Grimsby so probably not a King's ransom.

Ipswich would pay a comparative king’s ransom to us, yes.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hills last game.....?? on 16:38 - Jan 1 with 4137 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hills last game.....?? on 16:28 - Jan 1 by fitzochris

Incentivise the deal, they are kicking their heels, an opportunity to get them in the window again

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Hills last game.....?? on 16:55 - Jan 1 with 3918 viewsKenBoon

He needs backing or sacking. A vote of confidence might trigger a bulb in his head that he doesn’t have a job for life.
Hills last game.....?? on 16:58 - Jan 1 with 3844 viewsDaleFan7

He'll be the manager on Saturday.
Hills last game.....?? on 16:58 - Jan 1 with 3843 viewsD_Alien

Hills last game.....?? on 16:55 - Jan 1 by KenBoon

He needs backing or sacking. A vote of confidence might trigger a bulb in his head that he doesn’t have a job for life.

How about a clip across the ears?

Back, sack, or crack...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hills last game.....?? on 16:59 - Jan 1 with 3790 views442Dale

Hills last game.....?? on 16:55 - Jan 1 by KenBoon

Who from?

Where’s the statement from the new board since Dunphy left? Or do we have to wait until the forum?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hills last game.....?? on 17:01 - Jan 1 with 3748 viewsJimmyRustler

There's no chance that he will be sacked. Onto Burton on Saturday and probably another turgid home performance....
Hills last game.....?? on 17:01 - Jan 1 with 3742 viewsrochdaleriddler

Hills last game.....?? on 16:58 - Jan 1 by DaleFan7

He'll be the manager on Saturday.

Hope not

Hills last game.....?? on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 3688 viewsMasher

Hills last game.....?? on 15:55 - Jan 1 by D_Alien

This is spot on. Herein lie the problems. There really hasnt been any quality signed for a very long time when you consider the quality we have allowed to leave.

Up The Dale!!

Hills last game.....?? on 17:05 - Jan 1 with 3656 viewsrochdale_ranger

I feel sorry for those who traveled over.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024