Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. 15:28 - Dec 29 with 4282 viewsDaleyBrent

Injuries. Pure and simple.

This squad of players were so impressive to watch prior to the worst run of injuries I have ever witnessed in professional football. We have got the resources/squad to support this crisis. Jesus Christ not many teams do.

BBM’s record both last season / this season (with a full to reasonable contingent of squad) has been amazing and thus must be remembered. The man needs another transfer window, support from the terraces and a fair crack at a full compliment of players.

Judging him IMO is cruel and takes away from the real problems we have at our club.

In BBM I trust. PLEASE let’s get behind him throughout what will be the toughest period of his managerial career.
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:31 - Dec 29 with 4252 viewsDale23years

BBM’s record both last season / this season (with a full to reasonable contingent of squad) has been amazing and thus must be remembered

This season ???? really !!!!!

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:32 - Dec 29 with 4251 viewsMass_Debater

A question that needs asking is why do we get so many injuries.
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:32 - Dec 29 with 4238 viewsJames1980

Totally agree. Problem is the Hexiteers have now become Murphxiteers, they have decided BBM must go and that is that.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:36 - Dec 29 with 4206 viewsDaleyBrent

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:31 - Dec 29 by Dale23years

BBM’s record both last season / this season (with a full to reasonable contingent of squad) has been amazing and thus must be remembered

This season ???? really !!!!!

The injury problems have mounted in the last 9/10 games. Record before that I’d be more than happy with. Reality Check?
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:40 - Dec 29 with 4123 viewsD_Alien

I'd be more than prepared to get behind him if he showed he's learning some of the basics in match management; the lack of a ready sub for Done against Fleetwood being only the most glaring example

He needs to not only show some steel, but show it very plainly and that includes during interviews. I'd like to see him as pissed off as we are - but not with the fans

Will the board trust him with further outlay in January? Can they afford not to? Can they even afford to replace him? We shall see, but signing more players who're walking injuries will only add to the imminent crisis

We need to get the Newcastle fixture out of the way, then clear thinking around the future of Rochdale FC. Big moment for us all, at the turn of the decade

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:42 - Dec 29 with 4110 viewsRAFCBLUE

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:36 - Dec 29 by DaleyBrent

The injury problems have mounted in the last 9/10 games. Record before that I’d be more than happy with. Reality Check?

23 games played: 6 wins. (26% win record)

4 wins in the first 13 games (31% win record)
2 wins in the last 10 games (20% win record)

To get back to the earlier run of form we need to win 2 of the next 3.....

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:45 - Dec 29 with 4086 viewsDale23years

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:36 - Dec 29 by DaleyBrent

But his record hasn't been amazing this season far from it, I dont need a reality check for that.

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:55 - Dec 29 with 4010 viewsDalenet

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:32 - Dec 29 by James1980

Totally agree. Problem is the Hexiteers have now become Murphxiteers, they have decided BBM must go and that is that.

I am behind him but he has to show he understands what is needed. His interviews are niave in the least, but worryingly suggest he doesn't see what we see. Regardless of injuries we have a coaching problem. We can't clear our lines and we get pushed off the ball a lot. We slow the game down so much we get beaten in our own half too often. We don't seem to concentrate for spells in the game and we lack leadership on the pitch. And where was the discipline today?

I am happy to let him have a transfer window to support his plans (whatever they may be) but he might benefit from some experienced help. Or we will be one of the bottom three and that would be a disaster.
Login to get fewer ads

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 16:02 - Dec 29 with 3976 viewsJames1980

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:55 - Dec 29 by Dalenet

I am behind him but he has to show he understands what is needed. His interviews are niave in the least, but worryingly suggest he doesn't see what we see. Regardless of injuries we have a coaching problem. We can't clear our lines and we get pushed off the ball a lot. We slow the game down so much we get beaten in our own half too often. We don't seem to concentrate for spells in the game and we lack leadership on the pitch. And where was the discipline today?

I am happy to let him have a transfer window to support his plans (whatever they may be) but he might benefit from some experienced help. Or we will be one of the bottom three and that would be a disaster.

His interviews come across to me as he is wary of saying anything that might get people's heckles up whether it be players fans or the board.

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 16:05 - Dec 29 with 3952 viewsNinco

Surely every club has injuries to contend with? For me, it is more a case of not having the strength in depth to cope with injuries. We should have been prepared.
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 16:11 - Dec 29 with 3929 viewselectricblue

Is the training system the cause!
Is the lack of proper recovery from injuries an issue!

Signed players who always pick up injuries thus an injury prone career.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 16:18 - Dec 29 with 3873 viewsJames1980

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 16:11 - Dec 29 by electricblue

Is the training system the cause!
Is the lack of proper recovery from injuries an issue!

Signed players who always pick up injuries thus an injury prone career.....

Perhaps that is another pitfall of our budget. I would say speed of recovery adds value to a player. There are genes that code for likelihood of incurring injuries and powers of recovery

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 16:31 - Dec 29 with 3842 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 16:02 - Dec 29 by James1980

His interviews come across to me as he is wary of saying anything that might get people's heckles up whether it be players fans or the board.

Today's interview is only 54 seconds but BBM still refers to "a battling away performance" and "resolution was immense"....is he seeing what we all see or are the tinted glasses on?

Yes there were "difficult circumstances" to endure but that's the nature of the game surely.

Does Brian ever throw cups post match?
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 17:00 - Dec 29 with 3741 viewsregjenkins

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 16:31 - Dec 29 by Yorkshire_Dale

Today's interview is only 54 seconds but BBM still refers to "a battling away performance" and "resolution was immense"....is he seeing what we all see or are the tinted glasses on?

Yes there were "difficult circumstances" to endure but that's the nature of the game surely.

Does Brian ever throw cups post match?

I suppose this team must be grateful that Neil Warnock isn't their manager..

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 18:48 - Dec 29 with 3457 viewsboromat

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 16:05 - Dec 29 by Ninco

Surely every club has injuries to contend with? For me, it is more a case of not having the strength in depth to cope with injuries. We should have been prepared.

With a reduced budget there was a decision made at the start of the season that they'd go for a smaller squad of better quality and use the youth players when necessary. Looking at the squad and the way we've played with all these injuries I fully believe that was the correct decision. We've not been great but we're still in the fight regardless of the injuries and the young players that have come in have done admirably.

Imagine where we would be with a larger squad of lower quality players!!!!

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 18:57 - Dec 29 with 3406 viewsjohndale

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 18:48 - Dec 29 by boromat

With a reduced budget there was a decision made at the start of the season that they'd go for a smaller squad of better quality and use the youth players when necessary. Looking at the squad and the way we've played with all these injuries I fully believe that was the correct decision. We've not been great but we're still in the fight regardless of the injuries and the young players that have come in have done admirably.

I think you have hit the nail on the head with all the points you have made.
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 20:22 - Dec 29 with 3186 viewsdalefertcup2

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 15:40 - Dec 29 by D_Alien

I'd be more than prepared to get behind him if he showed he's learning some of the basics in match management; the lack of a ready sub for Done against Fleetwood being only the most glaring example

He needs to not only show some steel, but show it very plainly and that includes during interviews. I'd like to see him as pissed off as we are - but not with the fans

Will the board trust him with further outlay in January? Can they afford not to? Can they even afford to replace him? We shall see, but signing more players who're walking injuries will only add to the imminent crisis

We need to get the Newcastle fixture out of the way, then clear thinking around the future of Rochdale FC. Big moment for us all, at the turn of the decade

.....Unless of course we get into the fourth round? ) 😉
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 20:34 - Dec 29 with 3131 viewsD_Alien

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 20:22 - Dec 29 by dalefertcup2

.....Unless of course we get into the fourth round? ) 😉

Aye!

But i had in mind the title of this thread...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 21:36 - Dec 29 with 2989 viewsnordenblue

With a larger squad of lower quality players at least we'd still have some "players" fit when the inevitable injuries hit,rather than having a bench full of kids unable to influence any game as a possible plan B.

We haven't got a small squad of better quality,we've just got a small squad full stop,incapable of providing sufficient cover for injuries to ANY first team regular,barring the keeper.

While i can see the reasoning behind it,however good or not good BBM may turn out to be, it was a car crash of an idea before the season had even kicked off, to rely on several older pros and a fair few others injury plagued anyway over a full season is just plain stupid.
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 21:44 - Dec 29 with 2968 viewsNigeriamark

in the last 2 years of Hilly's reign the club gave him more budget. They had the option of larger squad or similar squad of higher quality. They went with the bigger squad and yet Hilly had his worst 2 seasons. This year quite rightly they have tried the reverse and although all clubs have some injuries, in my opinion it has been much worse than average for us and we are suffering. Original decision without the benefit of hindsight was good enough for me at the start of the season but it isn't working. However the previous 2 years shows that more players doesn't work either if we can only afford those that are not good enough

I think we have to get through this year, hope to get players back in the new year and try to get some loanees which actually did work next year. The best time to look at major changes is the start of a season not the January window as you can't necessarily cancel contracts or offload players to fund new ones

Hopefully there is quite a lot of deadwood that can be unloaded from June & a decision can be made again on quantity v Quality when it comes to squad size next years. Pro's & cons to both approaches but my personal preference would be quality and hope we don't have the same injury issues for a second straight year
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 22:11 - Dec 29 with 2904 views49thseason

"Smaller squad with better quality" ... I guess RND and OConnell fall into that caregory, the Sanchez signing was enforced by Lillis's problems, but I am struggling to see any other qualitative improvements until McShane arrived by which time we had established that McLaughlin was permenantly unavailable, Done has become a middle distance jogger, McNulty has a long term back injury but was apparently OK to haul Christmas toys around a warehouse and Andrew still couldnt hit a barn door with a six foot banjo. As for the rest , Jimmy Keohane and Camps are just about the only players to avoid injury... until today!
Using youth players has now become a necessity rather than an option. If ever there was a case of the plan being abandoned the moment the first bullet was fired in anger, this is it. BBM is doing the best he can with what he has I have no doubt, and anyone else coming in will only have the same problems, so we may as well battle on and hope the Board can find a couple of quid down the back of a sofa for a couple of forwards and another defender or two. Oh, and we should have signed David Wheater from Bolton instead of lettng him go to Oldham.
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 10:15 - Dec 30 with 2599 viewsmikehunt

So, leaving the injury crisis aside, where has it all gone wrong then? Seems we are damned if we do and damned if we don't (spend money we haven't got). We have got this far on a shoe-string and have always managed to compete. How is this season any different to our previous (let's say) 40 years? How are we different to Accy for example? I don't believe their chairman is a "moneybags" as such but they seem to have overtaken us on the sustainability stakes. And, as we have done previously, shown that it can be done on low gates and income.
We were the model that everyone was jealous of and now, with more income than I have ever known, we are suddenly crying poverty, We have always been poor and always managed to get by.
What the heck has changed? How the club is run at the top? I am baffled and worried.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 11:54 - Dec 30 with 2481 viewsSalegraham

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 10:15 - Dec 30 by mikehunt

So, leaving the injury crisis aside, where has it all gone wrong then? Seems we are damned if we do and damned if we don't (spend money we haven't got). We have got this far on a shoe-string and have always managed to compete. How is this season any different to our previous (let's say) 40 years? How are we different to Accy for example? I don't believe their chairman is a "moneybags" as such but they seem to have overtaken us on the sustainability stakes. And, as we have done previously, shown that it can be done on low gates and income.
We were the model that everyone was jealous of and now, with more income than I have ever known, we are suddenly crying poverty, We have always been poor and always managed to get by.
What the heck has changed? How the club is run at the top? I am baffled and worried.

Accies chairman lent the club a million pounds, supposedly for ground improvements, don't think we've got anybody able to do the same for us !!
Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 09:47 - Dec 31 with 2172 viewsmikehunt

Aye, happen, but, from what we are being spun, a million quid will barely last 3 months. And we've made more than that with TV and transfers recently, anyhow.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 20:09 - Dec 31 with 1976 viewsfermin

Let’s not take our eyes away from the problem. on 09:47 - Dec 31 by mikehunt

Aye, happen, but, from what we are being spun, a million quid will barely last 3 months. And we've made more than that with TV and transfers recently, anyhow.

Our expenditure in YE2018 was about £5.7m which is £475k per month, so I am not sure there is any spin about this. Isn't this what was being pointed out? If we can't generate this from our various sources of income and cash in the bank we have to adjust our budget, surely?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024