Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I follow. 16:07 - Oct 4 with 11616 views14bowlers

Was the game on yesterday in the Radcliffe arms?
I follow. on 16:09 - Oct 4 with 5078 views442Dale

It’s not allowed to be shown in pubs.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

I follow. on 16:18 - Oct 4 with 5051 views14bowlers

Thanks for that. Just heard it was on.
I follow. on 16:51 - Oct 4 with 4978 viewsrochdaleriddler

I follow. on 16:18 - Oct 4 by 14bowlers

Thanks for that. Just heard it was on.

May be moves on that front I’ve heard

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

I follow. on 17:09 - Oct 4 with 4947 viewsstandale

I follow. on 16:09 - Oct 4 by 442Dale

doesnt mean it wasn’t on. So anyone know if the game was shown.
I follow. on 20:56 - Oct 7 with 4512 viewsboromat

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/october/07102020-ifollow-figures/

Some figures from the Biffos make for interesting reading. Obviously we're not restricted to the 500 away figure like they are in LG2 but the figures show the big drop in 'attendance' figures compared to their usual gate while also showing that it is still a substantial income in difficult times. Everyone who needs a football fix should definitely give it a go.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

I follow. on 21:09 - Oct 7 with 4484 viewsRAFCBLUE

I follow. on 20:56 - Oct 7 by boromat

https://www.oldhamathletic.co.uk/news/2020/october/07102020-ifollow-figures/

Some figures from the Biffos make for interesting reading. Obviously we're not restricted to the 500 away figure like they are in LG2 but the figures show the big drop in 'attendance' figures compared to their usual gate while also showing that it is still a substantial income in difficult times. Everyone who needs a football fix should definitely give it a go.

Not the same CEO Karl Evans who helped run bury aground?

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/statement--karl-evans-appointed-new-c

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

I follow. on 21:11 - Oct 7 with 4472 viewsRAFCBLUE

I follow. on 16:09 - Oct 4 by 442Dale

Pubs shutting from next Monday too by all reports.

Will be interesting to see how that reconciles with weekend opening, if at all.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

I follow. on 21:40 - Oct 7 with 4429 viewsTVOS1907

I follow. on 21:09 - Oct 7 by RAFCBLUE

Not the same CEO Karl Evans who helped run bury aground?

https://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/2017/january/statement--karl-evans-appointed-new-c

The very same.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

I follow. on 21:49 - Oct 7 with 4410 viewsnordenblue

I follow. on 21:11 - Oct 7 by RAFCBLUE

Pubs shutting from next Monday too by all reports.

Will be interesting to see how that reconciles with weekend opening, if at all.

Hardly a surprise, maybe all the "covid secure" measures put in place weren't quite that, it seems restaurants are to be included too and how long before gyms and recreational places follow too
I follow. on 22:17 - Oct 7 with 4359 viewsrochdaleriddler

I follow. on 21:49 - Oct 7 by nordenblue

Hardly a surprise, maybe all the "covid secure" measures put in place weren't quite that, it seems restaurants are to be included too and how long before gyms and recreational places follow too

Where is the evidence that pubs are responsible for the rise in cases?

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

I follow. on 22:50 - Oct 7 with 4299 viewsD_Alien

I follow. on 22:17 - Oct 7 by rochdaleriddler

There won't be any, except that they're places were people mingle and where it isn't easy to ensure that everyone follows general guidance about distancing

I believe it'd be a mistake if pubs were subject to closure as a blanket measure, although I'd have no qualms about further restrictions being placed on premises where guidance is clearly flouted or where its proved impossible to monitor

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

I follow. on 23:04 - Oct 7 with 4271 views442Dale

All problems over. Someone found a cure. Yes, a cure.

I follow. on 23:08 - Oct 7 with 4263 views442Dale

Though the pubs closing does appear to be happening:

Unless we get the cure from that nice bloke over in America.

I follow. on 23:21 - Oct 7 with 4249 viewsD_Alien

I follow. on 23:08 - Oct 7 by 442Dale

Though the pubs closing does appear to be happening:

Unless we get the cure from that nice bloke over in America.

Probably for Tier 3 areas, which may or may not include Gtr. Manchester, which seems to be hovering somewhere around what will likely be specified for T2-T3 in terms of cases per 100,000

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

I follow. on 08:54 - Oct 8 with 4112 viewsnordenblue

I follow. on 22:17 - Oct 7 by rochdaleriddler

There's probably not one specific cause for the recent rise in cases, its probably more a culmination of things that happen when you rush to open too many things far too early in an attempt to return back to this "normal" everyone's moaning about, there's one thing for sure it certainly doesn't help keep the infection rate down using pubs,so if it helps as part of a wider plan to reduce the current ridiculous rates why would you not close them?

Like everyone bleating about sport/fans returning as a necessity with all these "covid safe" measures currently in place so its perfectly fine, that safe 16 players from 1 local professional team currently have tested positive, maybe not so safe then.
I follow. on 09:39 - Oct 8 with 4056 viewsAncoats_Blue

I follow. on 08:54 - Oct 8 by nordenblue

There's probably not one specific cause for the recent rise in cases, its probably more a culmination of things that happen when you rush to open too many things far too early in an attempt to return back to this "normal" everyone's moaning about, there's one thing for sure it certainly doesn't help keep the infection rate down using pubs,so if it helps as part of a wider plan to reduce the current ridiculous rates why would you not close them?

Like everyone bleating about sport/fans returning as a necessity with all these "covid safe" measures currently in place so its perfectly fine, that safe 16 players from 1 local professional team currently have tested positive, maybe not so safe then.

But really how unsafe is being exposed to COVID for the average person? We’re 7 months into this now and bar those with pre existing health conditions the hospitalisation and death rate for the majority of infections of people below the age of average life expectancy is low. The last update from the ONS still shows the leading causes of death as the usual suspects of heart disease, cancer, stroke etc. Flick on the news and you’d think COVID was the new Black Plague. It isn’t. We can’t keep closing down the country down at the drop of a hat for years on end.

My partner is a teacher. She’s had 3/5 year groups sent home due to a handful of positive cases. No reports of serious illness from the kids , family or staff. Unpleasant yes but in the main beaten after a fortnight of feeling crap and resting. It’s the same story with my colleagues and neighbours kid’s schools. What will happen when they’re back in school after the kids have isolated? They’ll be in for another few weeks and go through the same process again. This needs to run its course. A small % will get ill, a smaller % will die. As shit as that is that’s life as has been forever. We’ve just been shielded from the reality of disease in the West for the best part of a century.
I follow. on 09:47 - Oct 8 with 4044 viewsfitzochris

I follow. on 09:39 - Oct 8 by Ancoats_Blue

But really how unsafe is being exposed to COVID for the average person? We’re 7 months into this now and bar those with pre existing health conditions the hospitalisation and death rate for the majority of infections of people below the age of average life expectancy is low. The last update from the ONS still shows the leading causes of death as the usual suspects of heart disease, cancer, stroke etc. Flick on the news and you’d think COVID was the new Black Plague. It isn’t. We can’t keep closing down the country down at the drop of a hat for years on end.

My partner is a teacher. She’s had 3/5 year groups sent home due to a handful of positive cases. No reports of serious illness from the kids , family or staff. Unpleasant yes but in the main beaten after a fortnight of feeling crap and resting. It’s the same story with my colleagues and neighbours kid’s schools. What will happen when they’re back in school after the kids have isolated? They’ll be in for another few weeks and go through the same process again. This needs to run its course. A small % will get ill, a smaller % will die. As shit as that is that’s life as has been forever. We’ve just been shielded from the reality of disease in the West for the best part of a century.

While the general sentiment of that rings true, the issue with COVID-19 is that nobody knows what the long-term effects of it are on an individual. I know far more people who have contracted it post lockdown and not one of them says they feel as healthy as they did before they contracted it, despite being classified as having what you might call mild symptoms. That in itself is a concern for me.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 13:34]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

I follow. on 09:57 - Oct 8 with 4028 viewsAncoats_Blue

I follow. on 09:47 - Oct 8 by fitzochris

While the general sentiment of that rings true, the issue with COVID-19 is that nobody knows what the long-term effects of it are on an individual. I know far more people who have contracted it post lockdown and not one of them says they feel as healthy as they did before they contracted it, despite being classified as having what you might call mild symptoms. That in itself is a concern for me.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 13:34]

Becoming less healthy is a worry for anyone. But a lot of illnesses leave you in a worse state after recovery. Anyone who has been unfortunate to get flu they’ll know that makes you feel crap for weeks after you’ve got over the main symptomatic period of the first few weeks. Given humans have only been able to eradicate one disease, Smallpox, and that took about 200 years of inoculations we will have to learn to live with COVID.
I follow. on 10:02 - Oct 8 with 4020 viewsfitzochris

I follow. on 09:57 - Oct 8 by Ancoats_Blue

Becoming less healthy is a worry for anyone. But a lot of illnesses leave you in a worse state after recovery. Anyone who has been unfortunate to get flu they’ll know that makes you feel crap for weeks after you’ve got over the main symptomatic period of the first few weeks. Given humans have only been able to eradicate one disease, Smallpox, and that took about 200 years of inoculations we will have to learn to live with COVID.

I was unlucky enough to contract swine flu in 2009. It was awful for two weeks. I felt tired a third week and then, after that, was back to normal. This seems to be something else entirely.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:38]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

I follow. on 10:48 - Oct 8 with 3960 viewsShun

I follow. on 09:39 - Oct 8 by Ancoats_Blue

But it's never been about the average person. There's an acknowledgement that if you or I get it we'll have a very good chance of surviving it. The greater concern is who we transmit it to. We could've passed it on to our parents or grandparents before we even show any symptoms. They're far less likely to survive than we are. I come into contact with a large number of vulnerable adults with long-term health conditions every single day.

How many people you're sat feet from in a busy pub in our deprived town (where deprivation has a proven link with poorer health) have a long-term health condition? I'd wager at the vast majority.

Fitzo's point regarding the long-term effects is also pertinent. A close relative of mine (mid-50s, no co-morbidities whatsoever) had it 9 months ago and she still doesn't feel 'normal' yet.
I follow. on 11:03 - Oct 8 with 3924 viewsnordenblue

I follow. on 10:48 - Oct 8 by Shun

But it's never been about the average person. There's an acknowledgement that if you or I get it we'll have a very good chance of surviving it. The greater concern is who we transmit it to. We could've passed it on to our parents or grandparents before we even show any symptoms. They're far less likely to survive than we are. I come into contact with a large number of vulnerable adults with long-term health conditions every single day.

How many people you're sat feet from in a busy pub in our deprived town (where deprivation has a proven link with poorer health) have a long-term health condition? I'd wager at the vast majority.

Fitzo's point regarding the long-term effects is also pertinent. A close relative of mine (mid-50s, no co-morbidities whatsoever) had it 9 months ago and she still doesn't feel 'normal' yet.

Some perfect points Shun, only yesterday I worked at a ladys house in Lees who's working from home as a nurse currently doing triage calls, her sister who is a ridiculously fit woman, marathon runner and generally in exceptional health,has contracted covid and is currently waiting to see a cardiologist as her heart rate is dangerously all over the place,sadly losing her hair too and has scarring all over her lungs all being directly linked to this virus.

I'd say that's pretty serious stuff and not the type of thing to leave to chance "ah well shit happens let's grab a pint, hit me with it and see what happens"
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:04]
I follow. on 12:10 - Oct 8 with 3823 viewsrochdaleriddler

I follow. on 22:50 - Oct 7 by D_Alien

There won't be any, except that they're places were people mingle and where it isn't easy to ensure that everyone follows general guidance about distancing

I believe it'd be a mistake if pubs were subject to closure as a blanket measure, although I'd have no qualms about further restrictions being placed on premises where guidance is clearly flouted or where its proved impossible to monitor

Just close the businesses that are flouting the rules, and enforce the law properly in other areas , I read that Barking council tried to use existing laws to clamp down on supermarkets not enforcing rules on mask use, and the govt intervened to tell them they couldn’t after supermarkets complained

I follow. on 12:16 - Oct 8 with 3817 viewsDaleiLama

Here's Thailand's answer.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

I follow. on 12:23 - Oct 8 with 3807 viewsDaleiLama

And this isn't a political comment, as whichever administration was voted in would have had the same infrastructure to work with, but PHE "lost" 16k positive test cases from a test and trace point of view for a week (mostly in the NW) and were still only up to 51% contacted at the last count (so contacts were allowed to spread freely).

Here's a NZ perspective.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

I follow. on 13:14 - Oct 8 with 3735 viewsAncoats_Blue

I follow. on 11:03 - Oct 8 by nordenblue

Some perfect points Shun, only yesterday I worked at a ladys house in Lees who's working from home as a nurse currently doing triage calls, her sister who is a ridiculously fit woman, marathon runner and generally in exceptional health,has contracted covid and is currently waiting to see a cardiologist as her heart rate is dangerously all over the place,sadly losing her hair too and has scarring all over her lungs all being directly linked to this virus.

I'd say that's pretty serious stuff and not the type of thing to leave to chance "ah well shit happens let's grab a pint, hit me with it and see what happens"
[Post edited 8 Oct 2020 11:04]

Im sure we all have anecdotes about COVID. A colleague of mine and her partner late 40s both over weight one with a compromised immune system have both had it. Aside from 2 weeks of feeling shit they’re now fine.

Being a regular marathon runner it’s entirely possible your friend/customers sister has mycocardial fatigue from over exerting herself with endurance exercise. Maybe she’s got an underlying as yet in diagnosed heart condition. Her heart issues could be completely unlinked to COVID.

I don’t want anyone to get ill or die. But the fact is some people will. Just as some people will no doubt do themselves in after months of loneliness or losing their job as a result of these measures. Or some people will die of cancer after having their tests and operations cancelled. Life is shit for a lot of people.

As for “let’s see what happens” we all will have to sooner or later unless we plan on living in constant fear of being proximity of others.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024