Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough 14:55 - Mar 19 with 15203 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Rochdale vs Peterborough 19th Mar 2021 14:52
Rochdale will look to build on their coupon-busting win at Lincoln City last time out as they welcome Peterborough United to Spotland on Saturday. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:58 - Mar 20 with 2764 viewsjudd

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:56 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

We wouldn't be anyway, as Posh were second in the table at kick-off and they tend to focus on the games that way.

Isn;t there a division below us to show as well?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:58 - Mar 20 with 2773 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:22 - Mar 20 by James1980

Gutted not to have got all 3 points but as others have said would've taken a point and definitely 4 points from the last 2 games. Really does look like whether we stay up or go down we will do it fighting. Such a shame about Humphrys hopefully it is only a minor twinge and he is back next Saturday. However if he is out for a couple of weeks maybe the enforced rest could (please note could) work in our favour, for the fixtures against those around us.

We aren't playing next Saturday, James.

If he is out for a couple of weeks, he'll be back for the next game or the one after that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:00 - Mar 20 with 2762 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:31 - Mar 20 by Shun

Eh? We’ll be on second. Quest show games in descending order based on league position, as they always have done.

Yes, Shun, but that wouldn't fit in with the need to keep finding ways to put us down.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:00 - Mar 20 with 2760 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:58 - Mar 20 by judd

Isn;t there a division below us to show as well?

Yeah

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:07 - Mar 20 with 2703 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:58 - Mar 20 by TVOS1907

We aren't playing next Saturday, James.

If he is out for a couple of weeks, he'll be back for the next game or the one after that.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:22 - Mar 20 with 2620 viewsIOMDale

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:52 - Mar 20 by Nigeriamark

2.45 UK time massive monsoon knocks out my WiFi and mobile phone network. WiFi still down but phone came back 5 mins ago. Great to read these reports, but for all the games that losing i- follow wouldn't have been a bad thing this seems like a bad one to miss. Obviously can't comment on the game but 4 points from Lincoln & Peterborough is a real potential lifeline. Not out of the woods by any means & we desperately need a home win or 2, but plenty of life left with 10 games to go. Hopefully all injuries clear up before the next game

My MOM was ......

The very definition of Sod’s Law, the internet going awol today NM!

However, with any luck, we’ll see plenty more of that before the season is out.

As for MOM, a tough one. Probably go with Rathbone simply because he was everywhere but a special mention for Beesley. There was a danger that the longer our poor run extended, the bigger his loss seemed (regardless of earlier performances) but he really does give us something different, especially in tandem with Humphrys.

UTDNFS

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:32 - Mar 20 with 2556 viewsFrog

Relieved/gutted like most I would imagine, didn't expect anything from today. Really need to see out a game like that when so little time left.

If that had been the last game of the season we'd have gone from safety to relegation in the blink of an eye, now that would have been hard to take.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:36 - Mar 20 with 2535 viewsSandyman

A brilliant second half comeback today, but as mentioned above, very poor game management in time added on. Again.

Fine margins given where we could have been in the league table tonight, but the fact remains the home form provided by this manager this season is horrendous.

One win in all 22 home games.
League home form: Played 18 Won 1 Drawn 8 Lost 9
11 points out of a possible 54 in League home games. Only 20.37% of home points available won. One home league clean sheet since 20th September 2020. By the time of the next home game we will have gone 6 calendar months and 18 games at home without a win, and for this "talent" he gets a 12 month contract extension and nobody will admit to how, why or when.

Of course it's great to a have couple of worthwhile games for a change, but the overall perspective and league position should not be forgotten because of a rare bit of excitement.
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:40 - Mar 20 with 2492 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:22 - Mar 20 by IOMDale

The very definition of Sod’s Law, the internet going awol today NM!

However, with any luck, we’ll see plenty more of that before the season is out.

As for MOM, a tough one. Probably go with Rathbone simply because he was everywhere but a special mention for Beesley. There was a danger that the longer our poor run extended, the bigger his loss seemed (regardless of earlier performances) but he really does give us something different, especially in tandem with Humphrys.

Seemed strange to see Osho lining up on the left but thought he was superb today. Confident on the ball and defensively pretty sound whereas Roberts wasn't and i'd sign him like a shot if Luton were amenable

First time i've seen Grant & O'Shaughnessy. Whilst decent enough footballers, neither look like they'd be capable of creating much or pushing opponents into mistakes in midfield in the same way that, say, Rathbone does

And i hate to say this, but it's been said around this time of year in the past - but is Matty Done out of contract this summer? He played well today but thinking back over the first half of the season just seemed to be going through the motions although never in a settled position

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 19:08 - Mar 20 with 2362 viewsdingdangblue

I couldn't believe the optimism of the commentator's when we went 3-2 up! My first thought was - at least we shouldn't lose this now! 😢

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 19:14 - Mar 20 with 2332 viewsonedalefan

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:40 - Mar 20 by D_Alien

Seemed strange to see Osho lining up on the left but thought he was superb today. Confident on the ball and defensively pretty sound whereas Roberts wasn't and i'd sign him like a shot if Luton were amenable

First time i've seen Grant & O'Shaughnessy. Whilst decent enough footballers, neither look like they'd be capable of creating much or pushing opponents into mistakes in midfield in the same way that, say, Rathbone does

And i hate to say this, but it's been said around this time of year in the past - but is Matty Done out of contract this summer? He played well today but thinking back over the first half of the season just seemed to be going through the motions although never in a settled position

It's Shaughnessy. Is he the new Andrews!
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 19:19 - Mar 20 with 2307 viewsdalelee

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 18:36 - Mar 20 by Sandyman

A brilliant second half comeback today, but as mentioned above, very poor game management in time added on. Again.

Fine margins given where we could have been in the league table tonight, but the fact remains the home form provided by this manager this season is horrendous.

One win in all 22 home games.
League home form: Played 18 Won 1 Drawn 8 Lost 9
11 points out of a possible 54 in League home games. Only 20.37% of home points available won. One home league clean sheet since 20th September 2020. By the time of the next home game we will have gone 6 calendar months and 18 games at home without a win, and for this "talent" he gets a 12 month contract extension and nobody will admit to how, why or when.

Of course it's great to a have couple of worthwhile games for a change, but the overall perspective and league position should not be forgotten because of a rare bit of excitement.

Agree the overall perspective should not be forgotten, and I dont think it will be lost on the players and coaching staff. At approx 4.47pm, at 3-2 up, in the live table we was 19th. They have now set the standard for the remainder of the season, and we as supporters should demand they now play at the same intensity and drive in every game.

After the insipid displays of the last few months, I really enjoyed todays game. If we can get Ryan and Lund fit asap, we definitely have a fighting chance.

Peterborough are a very good league 1 side. They was a constant threat on the break in the 2nd half, and I thought we defended quite well. It just sums us up. that I always thought we could get back into the game, but as soon as we go 3-2, you just know we are likely to concede, even with 3 minutes left to play.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 19:38 - Mar 20 with 2217 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 19:14 - Mar 20 by onedalefan

It's Shaughnessy. Is he the new Andrews!

Or the new Humphreys/Humphries.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 19:44 - Mar 20 with 2192 viewsCedar_Room

I’ve not had much positive to say about Rochdale for what seems like months but I’m actually feeling optimistic now after that game, despite how it ended up going. Thats 4 points from 2 games I was fully expecting us to get nothing at all from. We have gone toe to toe with two of the best teams in the division and more than held our own. Yes we are bottom of the table but we’re only a win away from safety now which is nothing to be sniffed at. My main want from this game was to see if we could keep the momentum going from the Lincoln game - it was vital that that wasn’t seen as a one off and that it was actually a sign that the tide was turning. Today I felt like we showed it wasn’t a one off. Second half especially we showed more attacking prowess and desire than at any point this year. We wanted it - and that has been decidedly absent of late. So yes that last minute pen was a kicker and could have so easily been avoided - but the mistakes are never going to be completely ironed out of this group of players. We are where we are but at least we’ve now proven we can fight and against some of the best the division has to offer. We can keep this going for a few more games and get the points we need to secure our L1 status - I’m more certain of that now than I have been all season.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 20:07 - Mar 20 with 2074 viewsonedalefan

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 17:10 - Mar 20 by Yorkshire_Dale

Gutted.....after going ahead.

At least we won't be last match on Quest tonight after that showing?

Quest might think we are the team to watch again.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 09:52 - Mar 21 with 1506 viewsmikehunt

Wonder if VAR might have overruled their penalty? Looks like their player bought it by running into the back of Morley. Quest seemed to suggest as much but said the ref couldn't have seen it as anything else in that split second. Clever by their bloke.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 10:04 - Mar 21 with 1471 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 09:52 - Mar 21 by mikehunt

Wonder if VAR might have overruled their penalty? Looks like their player bought it by running into the back of Morley. Quest seemed to suggest as much but said the ref couldn't have seen it as anything else in that split second. Clever by their bloke.

There was enough contact for it to stand - and the ref gave it so they generally go with the onfield decision. Had the ref not given it I don't think they would have overruled him - probably asked him to look at the monitor. Clever by their player though - knew what his intentions were.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 10:10 - Mar 21 with 1456 viewsSandyman

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 10:04 - Mar 21 by dingdangblue

There was enough contact for it to stand - and the ref gave it so they generally go with the onfield decision. Had the ref not given it I don't think they would have overruled him - probably asked him to look at the monitor. Clever by their player though - knew what his intentions were.

Agreed.
If our game management had been better the ball would have been nowhere near the penalty area in the final minutes, but it isn't and wasn't.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 10:21 - Mar 21 with 1430 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 10:10 - Mar 21 by Sandyman

Agreed.
If our game management had been better the ball would have been nowhere near the penalty area in the final minutes, but it isn't and wasn't.

Done really should have protected the ball better when shielding it out of play - all ifs and buts now - getting a point from 0-2 down against Peterborough has got to be seen as a positive though.

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 11:03 - Mar 21 with 1367 viewsNigeriamark

How did the touch on their player compare with the non-touch on Humphries agains Lincoln last week!!! ( still shaking my head on that one)
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 11:04 - Mar 21 with 1364 views49thseason

Watched the penalty incident about 6 times on the Sky highlights last night and concluded that their centre forward played a blinder on Morley. He just managed to catch Morleys standing leg from behind . Should really have been a freekick to Dale but the referee bought it hook line and sinker and made a really quick decision. On these small margins, huge outcomes can be decided. The 2 points lost could be vital at the end of the season.
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 11:24 - Mar 21 with 1335 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

The ref's view was partly obscured and he blew his whistle almost as it happened. The linesman had a clear view of it and never moved a muscle. But in keeping with the rest of the game, the ref made a very poor decision, as did Morley for not putting his foot through it. BBM's "play out from the back" tactics failed again and will continue to do so. The players have no idea how to see a game out, because their manager has no idea.

Congratulations on equalling an 89 year old record Brian, it took a while but you got there.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 11:29]
Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 12:28 - Mar 21 with 1225 viewsD_Alien

Match Thread: Rochdale vs Peterborough on 11:24 - Mar 21 by RooleyMoorBlue

The ref's view was partly obscured and he blew his whistle almost as it happened. The linesman had a clear view of it and never moved a muscle. But in keeping with the rest of the game, the ref made a very poor decision, as did Morley for not putting his foot through it. BBM's "play out from the back" tactics failed again and will continue to do so. The players have no idea how to see a game out, because their manager has no idea.

Congratulations on equalling an 89 year old record Brian, it took a while but you got there.
[Post edited 21 Mar 2021 11:29]

Irrespective of the manager's naivety (i doubt "seeing a game out" even gets attention on the training pitch), the players themselves should have enough about them to minimise the risk in the final couple of minutes

I've no idea what was going through Morley's head, but the only thing should've been to get the ball as far away from the danger zone as possible, preferably blasting it directly at the directors box or summat

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024