Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham (a) Match Thread 08:39 - Jan 29 with 14251 viewsHullDale

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 17:39 - Jan 29 with 4715 viewsrich_dale

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 17:26 - Jan 29 by BigKindo

According to the beeb stats neither side had an effort on target.

Suspect this will change once Charman makes his debut, he's clearly not a shot shy player
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 29 with 4517 views1907

A typical derby, full of battle & lacking quality.

THE most nailed on penalty on O’Keeffe in the second half which should have really decided the game unfortunately not given by a truly inept referee.

The Oldham fans on the side of the pitch. Wow. I honestly didn’t think I could think much worse of Oldham fans after some of the things I’ve witnessed over the years but today, those morons have taken things to a new low.

The amount of missiles thrown on the pitch was an absolute joke. The stewards and police were completely and utterly useless and it became such a dangerous situation.
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:10 - Jan 29 with 4403 viewsregjenkins

I really can't believe that this Oldham team have taken four points off us this season.

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:14 - Jan 29 with 4336 viewsnordenblue

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:10 - Jan 29 by regjenkins

I really can't believe that this Oldham team have taken four points off us this season.

There can't be many others teams they've taken 4 relatively easy points off, they were there for a pasting both at home and today.
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:25 - Jan 29 with 4241 viewsdalenumber2

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 17:57 - Jan 29 by 1907

A typical derby, full of battle & lacking quality.

THE most nailed on penalty on O’Keeffe in the second half which should have really decided the game unfortunately not given by a truly inept referee.

The Oldham fans on the side of the pitch. Wow. I honestly didn’t think I could think much worse of Oldham fans after some of the things I’ve witnessed over the years but today, those morons have taken things to a new low.

The amount of missiles thrown on the pitch was an absolute joke. The stewards and police were completely and utterly useless and it became such a dangerous situation.

If we’re talking about bad behaviour I must also add that I was disgusted with the abuse and chants aimed at a young female Oldham fan in the same area. As a woman it sickens me to hear someone getting abused just for being female. Bang out of order
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:27 - Jan 29 with 4216 views442Dale

It wasn’t a great game with the wind clearly playing a part. We seem to still get into good positions but without creating the clear cut chances. Campbell had a reasonable debut on tough conditions and his movement and link up play was quite good.

O’Keeffe has a good game on his return despite getting caught up in unnecessary stuff with their players/the crowd and O’Connell had to have a word. Wasn’t convinced on the penalty claim either.

One other thing: some of the chants from the away end directed at a female in the home stand was embarrassing.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:28 - Jan 29 with 4189 views1907

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:27 - Jan 29 by 442Dale

It wasn’t a great game with the wind clearly playing a part. We seem to still get into good positions but without creating the clear cut chances. Campbell had a reasonable debut on tough conditions and his movement and link up play was quite good.

O’Keeffe has a good game on his return despite getting caught up in unnecessary stuff with their players/the crowd and O’Connell had to have a word. Wasn’t convinced on the penalty claim either.

One other thing: some of the chants from the away end directed at a female in the home stand was embarrassing.

The clip on O’Keeffe for the penalty was one of the clearest penalties you’ll ever see… In my opinion.
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:30 - Jan 29 with 4159 viewsRibbleblue

The chants were disgusting.Felt so sorry for the girl.
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:34 - Jan 29 with 4092 viewsD_Alien

It was dire wasn't it. COK had a good game overall but once again threw himself to the floor when in a great position in the box. RS needs to have a word

Could've sealed it for us too but couldn't quite get a touch as the ball came across from the other side - the only real chance of a game that might go down as the last time we visit Boundary Park for quite a while. Their morons won't be missed, but as has been said, we have our own... targeting a young woman is pretty cowardly by any standard

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:41 - Jan 29 with 4018 views1907

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:34 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

It was dire wasn't it. COK had a good game overall but once again threw himself to the floor when in a great position in the box. RS needs to have a word

Could've sealed it for us too but couldn't quite get a touch as the ball came across from the other side - the only real chance of a game that might go down as the last time we visit Boundary Park for quite a while. Their morons won't be missed, but as has been said, we have our own... targeting a young woman is pretty cowardly by any standard

COK went down fairly. Hart clipped his heels. I was that close everyone around me heard the crack of the heels. It was a clear penalty.
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:47 - Jan 29 with 3950 viewsShun

The same thing happened in 2017. It’s interesting to note the consternation (in particular across Twitter) is far more loud today than it was then, and even from some people I saw joining in with those chants in 2017. It’s good to see that attitudes have changed somewhat in 4 years, but I wish that they hadn’t needed changing.
(No subject) (n/t) on 18:58 - Jan 29 with 3860 viewsregjenkins

' I started out with nothing and i still got most of it left'

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:02 - Jan 29 with 3825 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 18:41 - Jan 29 by 1907

COK went down fairly. Hart clipped his heels. I was that close everyone around me heard the crack of the heels. It was a clear penalty.

And yet there's someone on Facebook who was near the incident saying Hart never touched him.

I wasn't in a good position to see, so can't comment either way.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:08 - Jan 29 with 3743 views1907

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:02 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

And yet there's someone on Facebook who was near the incident saying Hart never touched him.

I wasn't in a good position to see, so can't comment either way.

Hart clipped the back of his ankle, the sound was unquestionable. Both players land on the deck and Hart is looking straight at the ref expectantly… Nothing. Absolute stonewall.
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:14 - Jan 29 with 3682 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:08 - Jan 29 by 1907

Hart clipped the back of his ankle, the sound was unquestionable. Both players land on the deck and Hart is looking straight at the ref expectantly… Nothing. Absolute stonewall.

Like I said, I had a poor view.

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:20 - Jan 29 with 3631 views1907

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:14 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

Frustratingly not picked up on Sky Sports highlights either.
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:26 - Jan 29 with 3589 viewsTVOS1907

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:20 - Jan 29 by 1907

Frustratingly not picked up on Sky Sports highlights either.

The camera angle from the Main Stand wouldn't help much there.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2022 19:34]

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 20:12 - Jan 29 with 3292 viewsBlueMessiah

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 19:14 - Jan 29 by TVOS1907

Me too, so I can't comment either.

Poll: Do I Know You?

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 20:18 - Jan 29 with 3226 viewsSaxonDale

First time I’ve watched us for a while and whilst it wasn’t a great spectacle I was impressed by how solid we look (admittedly against a poor Oldham team). I think the current back 5 is as good a defence we’ve had for a while with everyone adding something different. Whilst I’m sure we’ll get a few offers, I hope we don’t sell O’Connell over the next few days as I fear we’d be simply going back to the defence we had in November.

Wasn’t overly impressed with Campbell but all things considered a debut in the conditions, in a derby against a team with a deep defence was never really going to play to his strengths. I’m sure we’ll see more from him when playing against teams with higher lines.

Haven’t bothered checking the table for a while now but I do think we’ve got enough quality in the squad to challenge for the play-offs, providing we don’t run out of games. I reckon the team today would beat the team we started with on the first day of the season which is a credit to the work Stockdale and the board have done in strengthening us.
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 20:32 - Jan 29 with 3111 viewsD_Alien

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 20:18 - Jan 29 by SaxonDale

First time I’ve watched us for a while and whilst it wasn’t a great spectacle I was impressed by how solid we look (admittedly against a poor Oldham team). I think the current back 5 is as good a defence we’ve had for a while with everyone adding something different. Whilst I’m sure we’ll get a few offers, I hope we don’t sell O’Connell over the next few days as I fear we’d be simply going back to the defence we had in November.

Wasn’t overly impressed with Campbell but all things considered a debut in the conditions, in a derby against a team with a deep defence was never really going to play to his strengths. I’m sure we’ll see more from him when playing against teams with higher lines.

Haven’t bothered checking the table for a while now but I do think we’ve got enough quality in the squad to challenge for the play-offs, providing we don’t run out of games. I reckon the team today would beat the team we started with on the first day of the season which is a credit to the work Stockdale and the board have done in strengthening us.

Thought Campbell did ok. Doesn't look like a target man (a converted winger) but can't wait to see how he does playing off a more natural frontman in Charman

He'll benefit from getting this game out of the way too

Also thought Broadbent had a decent game today

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 20:36 - Jan 29 with 3077 viewsSaxonDale

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 20:32 - Jan 29 by D_Alien

Thought Campbell did ok. Doesn't look like a target man (a converted winger) but can't wait to see how he does playing off a more natural frontman in Charman

He'll benefit from getting this game out of the way too

Also thought Broadbent had a decent game today

Agreed. Good point too about Broadbent- thought there was a spell in the first half where he really helped us control the game, reminded me slightly of a young Lund.
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 21:42 - Jan 29 with 2775 viewsEllDale

Pleased for Broadbent. Am I right in saying that he’s a local lad from the Oldham area which would have made it a big day for him?
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 22:25 - Jan 29 with 2577 viewsboromat

Agree Broadbent did well today but we massively missed a Kelly or Morley, someone in the middle with some creativity. Dooley again played well receiving the ball and keeping it moving. Broadbent was a good engine and made some good runs forward without the ball but all of our forward play had to go down the lines and mainly down our right.

Why Newby went off and not Grant I'll never know. Odoh let RS down with his appearance from the bench.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 07:45 - Jan 30 with 2082 views1907

Oldham (a) Match Thread on 22:25 - Jan 29 by boromat

Agree Broadbent did well today but we massively missed a Kelly or Morley, someone in the middle with some creativity. Dooley again played well receiving the ball and keeping it moving. Broadbent was a good engine and made some good runs forward without the ball but all of our forward play had to go down the lines and mainly down our right.

Why Newby went off and not Grant I'll never know. Odoh let RS down with his appearance from the bench.

Probably Odoh’s worst performance yesterday unfortunately
Oldham (a) Match Thread on 16:35 - Jan 30 with 1428 viewsDale_4_Life

A win and a draw in any order Tuesday / Saturday and this will be a point gained. It was attritional but a local derby in high wind was never going to be pretty!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024