Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Craig 19:23 - Feb 13 with 4947 viewsDorkingDale

To lighten the mood a little - nice to see our lad coming good for West Ham this afternoon, especially after the shit storm surrounding his revolting centre back partner this week.
Craig on 19:41 - Feb 13 with 4872 viewsdingdangblue

A bit fortunate with the goal as it went in off the top of his arm - but who knows what rules VAR have this week!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Craig on 20:33 - Feb 13 with 4757 viewsDorkingDale

Craig on 19:41 - Feb 13 by dingdangblue

A bit fortunate with the goal as it went in off the top of his arm - but who knows what rules VAR have this week!

Very fortunate & he looked sheepish in the post-match interview, but a point is a point.....
Craig on 20:45 - Feb 13 with 4714 viewsdownunder

In a similar light mood post, Zach Clough has also appeared in the A league for Adelaide. With Le Fondre at Sydney, and Ball at Wellington, the Dale connections are almost making the league interesting.
Craig on 02:07 - Feb 14 with 4477 viewspioneer

Craig on 20:45 - Feb 13 by downunder

In a similar light mood post, Zach Clough has also appeared in the A league for Adelaide. With Le Fondre at Sydney, and Ball at Wellington, the Dale connections are almost making the league interesting.

No sign of Brad Inman anywhere in the A league?
Craig on 08:51 - Feb 14 with 4350 viewsSheffdale

Craig on 02:07 - Feb 14 by pioneer

Last seen playing with Mumbai City (not by me I hasten to add).
Craig on 09:10 - Feb 14 with 4323 viewsTVOS1907

Craig on 02:07 - Feb 14 by pioneer

https://www.mumbaicityfc.com/news/mumbai-city-fc-sign-experienced-midfielder-bra

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Craig on 11:21 - Feb 14 with 4139 viewsD_Alien

On the subject of ex-Daleys, Glenn Murray's making quite an impression on the MOTD analysis team. His insights on MOTD2 last night put Jermaine Jenas in the shade and i don't think it'll be long before he's 'promoted' to the main Saturday slot

Listening to him, i think he'd make a great manager, but he can probably see a lucrative and probably more secure career ahead as a pundit

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Craig on 11:34 - Feb 14 with 4097 viewsTVOS1907

Craig on 11:21 - Feb 14 by D_Alien

On the subject of ex-Daleys, Glenn Murray's making quite an impression on the MOTD analysis team. His insights on MOTD2 last night put Jermaine Jenas in the shade and i don't think it'll be long before he's 'promoted' to the main Saturday slot

Listening to him, i think he'd make a great manager, but he can probably see a lucrative and probably more secure career ahead as a pundit

Agree.

He's a damned sight better than the likes of Dion Dublin as well, who tries to make a joke or a laugh out of everything (not in a Micah Richards way) and can be extremely patronising to lower league footballers. He often seems 'surprised' when they can control a ball; he needs to remember where he came from.

Login to get fewer ads

Craig on 12:01 - Feb 14 with 4024 viewspioneer

Craig on 09:10 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

https://www.mumbaicityfc.com/news/mumbai-city-fc-sign-experienced-midfielder-bra

So he will be too late for the A league if he sticks around until May.
Craig on 15:24 - Feb 14 with 3825 viewsDalenet

Craig on 11:21 - Feb 14 by D_Alien

Not sure about him putting Jenas in the shade, but he was certainly articulate, albeit a little soft of voice - maybe nerves. Good luck to the lad. What happened to his tax problem - wasn't he and his wife arrested for tax fraud at the end of his Brighton playing days?

Anyhow, was thinking, both Craig and Murray have earned 7 figure salaries for a while. Would it be cheeky to approach them for £10k for the fighting fund? They could be great advocates for our plight
Craig on 15:47 - Feb 14 with 3788 viewsfinberty

Agree about the Dion Dublin thing. I wonder if there is some unseen / unknown scale of credibility amongst ex-pros that distinguishes those who were 'top division' from the outset from those who clawed their way up from lower divisions, as Dublin himself did.

Also, on Jenas, when the One Show comes on with him at the helm, the tv goes either off or to another channel. I simply cannot abide his lazy conceit, his superficial grasp of any given subject and inability to think on his feet. His appointment follows the long BBC trend of assuming that anyone with a sporting pedigree must be a born TV personality.

Which brings me to Ugo Monye.

Am I alone in wondering how amazing his audition performance for Question of Sport must have been? However amazing, he seems to have forgotten what he did, since he brings no humour, knowledge or personality to the party.
Craig on 13:17 - Feb 19 with 3235 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Craig at it again today.......Hammers 1-0 against Tooooon, bullet Dawson special from set piece.

Learned it all at San Spotty!
Craig on 13:27 - Feb 19 with 3192 viewsTomRAFC

I know a couple of West Ham fans and they've really taken to Craig, in his time there. It's always nice to have a quality player but some also manage to gain the genuine affections of the fans.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Craig on 13:28 - Feb 19 with 3190 viewsDorkingDale

Craig on 15:24 - Feb 14 by Dalenet

Not sure about him putting Jenas in the shade, but he was certainly articulate, albeit a little soft of voice - maybe nerves. Good luck to the lad. What happened to his tax problem - wasn't he and his wife arrested for tax fraud at the end of his Brighton playing days?

Anyhow, was thinking, both Craig and Murray have earned 7 figure salaries for a while. Would it be cheeky to approach them for £10k for the fighting fund? They could be great advocates for our plight

Not sure the likes of Murray would as he has no links to the town other than having played for the club, but Craig might stump up. Having said that I think that he might be a bit on the tight side hearing what he bought his Mum for Christmas!
Craig on 13:47 - Feb 19 with 3137 viewsJames1980

Craig on 13:28 - Feb 19 by DorkingDale

Not sure the likes of Murray would as he has no links to the town other than having played for the club, but Craig might stump up. Having said that I think that he might be a bit on the tight side hearing what he bought his Mum for Christmas!

Perhaps he might donate one of his goal bonuses

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Craig on 14:04 - Feb 19 with 3051 viewsdingdangblue

Don't quote me on it but I'm pretty sure out of current players still playing Craig is the top scoring defender in the English game - over 50 career goals now (including Eng U21).

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Craig on 14:07 - Feb 19 with 3045 viewsDorkingDale

Craig on 13:47 - Feb 19 by James1980

Perhaps he might donate one of his goal bonuses

Well, if you don't ask you don't get.....unless of course, he has already done a direct donation - there have been some big ones.

Maybe The Trust could draft something to send to ex-players c/o their current clubs. Might have to send to Murray c/o MOTD! That's another thought - send something to all the major football broadcasters asking whether any presenters might like to donate (they're all loaded).
Craig on 20:42 - Feb 19 with 2763 viewsJames1980

Craig on 14:07 - Feb 19 by DorkingDale

Well, if you don't ask you don't get.....unless of course, he has already done a direct donation - there have been some big ones.

Maybe The Trust could draft something to send to ex-players c/o their current clubs. Might have to send to Murray c/o MOTD! That's another thought - send something to all the major football broadcasters asking whether any presenters might like to donate (they're all loaded).

Excellent idea, hopefully some are on this already.

In other news Tavares made his debut for Coventry this afternoon coming on in the 85th minute.

Craig on 20:51 - Feb 19 with 2745 viewsD_Alien

Craig on 20:42 - Feb 19 by James1980

Excellent idea, hopefully some are on this already.

In other news Tavares made his debut for Coventry this afternoon coming on in the 85th minute.

Well spotted James

On the other hand, Bees not making the bench for Blackpool (dunno if he's injured)

It's a big step up to Championship level and whilst the potential rewards are very tempting, there are no guarantees

[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 20:51]

Craig on 21:09 - Feb 19 with 2710 viewsJames1980

Craig on 20:51 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

Well spotted James

On the other hand, Bees not making the bench for Blackpool (dunno if he's injured)

It's a big step up to Championship level and whilst the potential rewards are very tempting, there are no guarantees

[Post edited 19 Feb 2022 20:51]

Came up on my Twitter feed so no great bit of research on my part.

Craig on 21:32 - Feb 19 with 2661 viewsD_Alien

Craig on 21:09 - Feb 19 by James1980

Came up on my Twitter feed so no great bit of research on my part.

You're too modest James. Having things like that coming up on your Twitter feed shows you've got an interest in those very things. So have i (without the Twitter feed), so thanks

Craig on 21:40 - Feb 19 with 2642 viewsJames1980

Craig on 21:32 - Feb 19 by D_Alien

You're too modest James. Having things like that coming up on your Twitter feed shows you've got an interest in those very things. So have i (without the Twitter feed), so thanks

Thank you DA

Craig on 21:49 - Feb 19 with 2629 viewsPGB

Craig on 11:34 - Feb 14 by TVOS1907

Agree.

He's a damned sight better than the likes of Dion Dublin as well, who tries to make a joke or a laugh out of everything (not in a Micah Richards way) and can be extremely patronising to lower league footballers. He often seems 'surprised' when they can control a ball; he needs to remember where he came from.

Dion Dublin is not perfect but he has wide ranging experience. Micah Richards seems to be there to as a stooge and for his braying (donkey like) laugh.
Craig on 22:02 - Feb 19 with 2588 viewsTVOS1907

Craig on 21:49 - Feb 19 by PGB

Dion Dublin is not perfect but he has wide ranging experience. Micah Richards seems to be there to as a stooge and for his braying (donkey like) laugh.

He may have wide-ranging experience, but in my opinion, he seems to have forgotten a lot of it.

I quite like his personality, but I don't rate his punditry.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024