Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Donkey Dorsett 15:47 - Mar 12 with 10326 viewsRafc3

Awful.

Poll: Stockdale: IN or OUT

Donkey Dorsett on 19:54 - Mar 12 with 3492 viewsSandyDrum

In my opinion he was absolutely dreadful in the first half, which has followed on from multiple very poor performances in the past, most recently against Carlisle less than 2 weeks ago.

Ironically he had an excellent 2nd half and I’m delighted to be proven wrong and will happily admit he played well!

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Donkey Dorsett on 19:57 - Mar 12 with 3466 views_Windydale

Clean sheet.

He and the defenders did their job.

He did a lot more right than wrong
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 19:57]
Donkey Dorsett on 20:10 - Mar 12 with 3420 viewsmikehunt

Get off the lad’s back (and the team in general for that matter) . We know where we are up to this season. It isn’t going to get a heck of a lot better but could get a heck of a lot worse if we don’t give the team our backing and encouragement on the pitch.
Dorsett is the most improved player in our team. No probs with him at all. Everyone has a mistake or two in them, particularly at this level. What are folk expecting?
Well done Jez and thank you for playing for us and caring.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Donkey Dorsett on 20:35 - Mar 12 with 3367 viewsnordenblue

Donkey Dorsett on 17:12 - Mar 12 by RooleyMoorBlue

Neither does paying good money after bad. I'd love to earn his wages and can still pass a ball better than him.

Hes clearly that "bad" that most on this thread had him as Mom, good effort though.
Donkey Dorsett on 21:02 - Mar 12 with 3296 viewsHullDale

I can't remember if we do a 'most improved player' at the end of season awards, but if there is then Jeriel gets my vote. I actually like him (sorry Chaff!) and can forgive a couple of wayward passes per match so long as his overall defensive / aerial performance is as strong as it now is most of the time. I worry about his right foot, and as a result opposing teams know he will let it run across to his left before playing it forward, but with good coaching that gap can be closed.

My concern this season is that (in my opinion) a few players have regressed, a few have stayed level (which after dropping down a division is regression) and not many have improved from the squad.

Its going to be a test of our coaching team, as well as recruitment team, in the Summer to set us up for a successful 22/23 campaign.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 21:13]
Excellent Dorsett on 22:07 - Mar 12 with 3172 viewsSandyman

Mr Dorsett was my MOTM too. Well played that man.
Donkey Dorsett on 22:16 - Mar 12 with 3153 views442Dale

Donkey Dorsett on 21:02 - Mar 12 by HullDale

I can't remember if we do a 'most improved player' at the end of season awards, but if there is then Jeriel gets my vote. I actually like him (sorry Chaff!) and can forgive a couple of wayward passes per match so long as his overall defensive / aerial performance is as strong as it now is most of the time. I worry about his right foot, and as a result opposing teams know he will let it run across to his left before playing it forward, but with good coaching that gap can be closed.

My concern this season is that (in my opinion) a few players have regressed, a few have stayed level (which after dropping down a division is regression) and not many have improved from the squad.

Its going to be a test of our coaching team, as well as recruitment team, in the Summer to set us up for a successful 22/23 campaign.

I actually get here Chaff is coming from. Yet at the same time understand that Dorsett is who he is and we need to make use of him accordingly.

Will he be here next season and should we want him here next season? Probably not. But we get through with what we have.

Broken record. I know.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Donkey Dorsett on 22:46 - Mar 12 with 3089 viewsEllDale

The bloke gets stuck in and puts his body on the line.
I’d rather have him then the likes of Hayden Roberts in the scrap we’re in.
I was thinking to myself this afternoon how Niall Can@van used to get some awful comments on here a few years ago when he was a Dale player.
He looked a decent defender for Barrow this afternoon especially in the second half.
Login to get fewer ads

Donkey Dorsett on 08:25 - Mar 13 with 2937 viewsscarrow

Don't get the Dorsett bashing

Poll: Final position

Donkey Dorsett on 09:06 - Mar 13 with 2881 views1907

Donkey Dorsett on 08:25 - Mar 13 by scarrow

Don't get the Dorsett bashing

Agreed. My biggest frustration & area of concern is the management and coaching staff.
Donkey Dorsett on 09:25 - Mar 13 with 2844 viewsRibbleblue

Donkey Dorsett on 21:02 - Mar 12 by HullDale

Most improved award..totally agree.
Donkey Dorsett on 10:18 - Mar 13 with 2744 viewsNafelad

Donkey Dorsett on 22:16 - Mar 12 by 442Dale

I actually get here Chaff is coming from. Yet at the same time understand that Dorsett is who he is and we need to make use of him accordingly.

Will he be here next season and should we want him here next season? Probably not. But we get through with what we have.

Broken record. I know.

"Dorsett is who he is . . ." but who is he?

Topcat

Donkey Dorsett on 10:49 - Mar 13 with 2670 viewsnordenblue

Donkey Dorsett on 10:18 - Mar 13 by Nafelad

"Dorsett is who he is . . ." but who is he?

A defender who's not actually too bad at defending?
Donkey Dorsett on 15:18 - Mar 13 with 2470 viewsDale_4_Life

Couple of stray passes but in the whole the lad did ok.

Confidence appears low in the squad let's hope they can turn this around and put on a show on Tuesday.
Donkey Dorsett on 11:45 - Mar 14 with 2238 viewsAtThePeake

Donkey Dorsett on 22:16 - Mar 12 by 442Dale

Broken record. I know.

I'd actually be quite happy with Dorsett being here next season if Reading can't find space for him in their squad and he'd be happy with a permanent deal.

He's still just 19 and this Saturday wasn't the first time he's stood out as one of our better players IMO. He had a pretty woeful start and has made some mistakes since then but has come on leaps and bounds and is only going to get better. He's an out and out, old-school defender and when utilised as such he can be and has been an asset for us. I certainly prefer him to Taylor and Graham from what I've seen so far.

Tangled up in blue.

Donkey Dorsett on 12:34 - Mar 14 with 2169 viewssamueloneils

I do think some people forget how young and inexperienced some players are.

Dorsett is 19 with no previous league experience- he has improved a lot, but not there yet.

Grant is 20 and IMO is a great prospect.

Odoh is 21 and is not being used much.

Andrews is 20 and was showing good signs before injury..

Give them a break.
Donkey Dorsett on 15:59 - Mar 14 with 1971 views49thseason

Donkey Dorsett on 11:45 - Mar 14 by AtThePeake

I'd actually be quite happy with Dorsett being here next season if Reading can't find space for him in their squad and he'd be happy with a permanent deal.

He's still just 19 and this Saturday wasn't the first time he's stood out as one of our better players IMO. He had a pretty woeful start and has made some mistakes since then but has come on leaps and bounds and is only going to get better. He's an out and out, old-school defender and when utilised as such he can be and has been an asset for us. I certainly prefer him to Taylor and Graham from what I've seen so far.

I agree with that, although I think Taylor was doing much better up to his injury. Graham is maybe an error of judgement but equally could be (should be) developing in training albeit at a slower pace than Dorsett has done playing first team football. If Graham proves to be the main mistake that was made in assembling a side in 3 weeks (and of course there is White to consider too, but at least he had a pedigree). then I don't think we can complain too much. Its not as if we haven't had failures previously. This next window will be the catalyst for either sinking or swimming under Stockdale. He will be a season older and wiser and must have a good idea now about what he needs to do to improve matters and there will be a lot opportunities to reshuffle the squad. Interesting times.
Donkey Dorsett on 17:29 - Mar 14 with 1825 viewsdavidab2202

May qualify my comments as due to choice of abode and Covid 19,,this was the first match that I have attended in over 2 years.
Thought in the main Dorsett did alright ,one or two misplaced passes and felt that he could be half a yard off the pace.
A difficult balancing act for Manager and coaching staff in a game like that ,felt we were set up for much of the game to ensure that we didn't lose and thereby maintain the points gap between ourselves and Barrow . Go a bit more gungho and lose and many people on here would have been jumping up and down with anger and dismay.
Thought Campbell did alright but expecting miracles from him if left isolated as he was for much of the game is probably a bit wide of the mark.
Can fully see why so many games have been drawn when we appear to be unwilling to push up to support the frontman.
Felt that O'Keefe was very much underused in the first half when from his second half performance he could have been the game changer.
On the Goalkeeping issue , Lynch probably didn't have enough to do to make a judgement ,but for his position doesn't appear big enough to command his area as one might like.
Donkey Dorsett on 21:36 - Mar 15 with 1589 viewsIOMDale

Another superb display from Dorsett tonight. Dogged, determined, decent and disciplined? Absolutely.

Donkey? Definitely not.

UTDNFS

Donkey Dorsett on 22:13 - Mar 15 with 1464 viewsDalenet

Donkey Dorsett on 21:36 - Mar 15 by IOMDale

Another superb display from Dorsett tonight. Dogged, determined, decent and disciplined? Absolutely.

Donkey? Definitely not.

Best donkey I have seen for a long time. Well played again tonight lad
Donkey Dorsett on 23:02 - Mar 15 with 1328 viewsboromat

Worth a permanent contract yet?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Donkey Dorsett on 23:29 - Mar 15 with 1276 viewsRafc3

Alright calm down it’s one good game out of 35.

Donkey Dorsett on 23:30 - Mar 15 with 1271 viewsDaleiLama

Donkey Dorsett on 23:29 - Mar 15 by Rafc3

Is the 3 your age or IQ?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Donkey Dorsett on 23:32 - Mar 15 with 1265 viewsSandyman

Donkey Dorsett on 23:29 - Mar 15 by Rafc3

Donkey Dorsett on 23:42 - Mar 15 with 1231 viewsRafc3

Donkey Dorsett on 23:30 - Mar 15 by DaleiLama

Is the 3 your age or IQ?

The number of good performances from Dorsett
[Post edited 15 Mar 2022 23:43]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024