Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oscar Kelly. 09:05 - Jul 20 with 4658 views14bowlers

Oscar Kelly from the academy team came on as sub last night at Scunny. Not sure of the youngest player to don a Dale shirt, but he must be very close. Could anyone advise who is the youngest ever player. Cheers.
Oscar Kelly. on 09:18 - Jul 20 with 4602 viewsfermin

Must still be Peter Thomas in competitive games: https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/peterthomas_youngestdebutant/

No idea about friendly games, but I imagine they do not really count for record purposes.
Oscar Kelly. on 09:26 - Jul 20 with 4563 viewsTVOS1907

Oscar Kelly. on 09:18 - Jul 20 by fermin

Must still be Peter Thomas in competitive games: https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2019/september/peterthomas_youngestdebutant/

No idea about friendly games, but I imagine they do not really count for record purposes.

They certainly don't!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Oscar Kelly. on 13:49 - Jul 20 with 4142 viewsmikehunt

How old was Mattheson when he came on for us (against bury I think it was). He has to be the youngest looking player, if nothing else.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Oscar Kelly. on 08:26 - Jul 21 with 3679 viewsboromat

Oscar Kelly. on 13:49 - Jul 20 by mikehunt

How old was Mattheson when he came on for us (against bury I think it was). He has to be the youngest looking player, if nothing else.

Think Matheson was the youngest at the time but then Thomas broke it a short time after.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Oscar Kelly. on 08:28 - Jul 21 with 3680 viewsJames1980

Oscar Kelly. on 08:26 - Jul 21 by boromat

Think Matheson was the youngest at the time but then Thomas broke it a short time after.

Any news/rumours regarding Master Thomas signing a permanent contract?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Oscar Kelly. on 09:43 - Jul 21 with 3553 viewsBainesy15

Oscar Kelly. on 08:28 - Jul 21 by James1980

Strikes me as a Florent Hoti situation, in that we won't hear anything until we notice he's popped up at some other club
Oscar Kelly. on 10:24 - Jul 21 with 3478 viewsJames1980

Oscar Kelly. on 09:43 - Jul 21 by Bainesy15

Strikes me as a Florent Hoti situation, in that we won't hear anything until we notice he's popped up at some other club

I see according to Transfermarkt Hoti is now a free agent

Oscar Kelly. on 11:16 - Jul 21 with 3353 viewsfitzochris

Oscar Kelly. on 09:43 - Jul 21 by Bainesy15

And as long as that club is in England, we will be due a development fee.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Oscar Kelly. on 09:30 - Jul 22 with 2842 viewsscarrow

Oscar Kelly. on 08:28 - Jul 21 by James1980

There were pics of him playing for Blackburn u23s a while back.

Poll: Final position

Oscar Kelly. on 09:53 - Jul 22 with 2819 viewsJames1980

Oscar Kelly. on 09:30 - Jul 22 by scarrow

There were pics of him playing for Blackburn u23s a while back.

So is he officially a free agent but if a club in England sign him up we get compensation?

Oscar Kelly. on 13:06 - Jul 22 with 2596 viewsShun

Oscar Kelly. on 09:53 - Jul 22 by James1980

So is he officially a free agent but if a club in England sign him up we get compensation?

Yes. Only if they’re a club in England though.
Oscar Kelly. on 17:36 - Jul 22 with 2391 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Oscar Kelly. on 13:06 - Jul 22 by Shun

Yes. Only if they’re a club in England though.

Is it clubs that are governed by the FA or play in the English leagues or actually physically in England? For example what about Cardiff or Gretna?

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Oscar Kelly. on 17:44 - Jul 22 with 2363 viewsfitzochris

Oscar Kelly. on 17:36 - Jul 22 by foreverhopefulDale

Is it clubs that are governed by the FA or play in the English leagues or actually physically in England? For example what about Cardiff or Gretna?

It’s clubs who are governed by the Premier League and EFL. If players move to clubs who are members of other leagues, the whole thing gets less straightforward and I believe clubs who are losing a player in these circumstances need legal representation (which has been the case in a couple of cases I have been aware of).

For example, we received a fee from Dundee United for Florent Hoti but, because they are members of the SFL, it wasn’t as much as it could have been. Apparently.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Oscar Kelly. on 18:04 - Jul 22 with 2284 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Oscar Kelly. on 17:44 - Jul 22 by fitzochris

It’s clubs who are governed by the Premier League and EFL. If players move to clubs who are members of other leagues, the whole thing gets less straightforward and I believe clubs who are losing a player in these circumstances need legal representation (which has been the case in a couple of cases I have been aware of).

For example, we received a fee from Dundee United for Florent Hoti but, because they are members of the SFL, it wasn’t as much as it could have been. Apparently.

Thanks for your reply.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Oscar Kelly. on 18:16 - Jul 22 with 2251 viewsJames1980

Oscar Kelly. on 17:44 - Jul 22 by fitzochris

Hi Chris, thank you for that info. Do you know what happened with Hoti? The following is from his Wiki page. (He made his debut for Dundee United on 10 April 2021 in a 1—0 Scottish Premiership win away to Hamilton Academical, with Dundee United manager Micky Mellon stating that "he has come on and showed what a lad of great promise he is."[13])
It would seem at Dundee he didn't realise the promise Mellon spoke of.

Oscar Kelly. on 19:00 - Jul 22 with 2160 viewsfermin

Oscar Kelly. on 18:16 - Jul 22 by James1980

Hi Chris, thank you for that info. Do you know what happened with Hoti? The following is from his Wiki page. (He made his debut for Dundee United on 10 April 2021 in a 1—0 Scottish Premiership win away to Hamilton Academical, with Dundee United manager Micky Mellon stating that "he has come on and showed what a lad of great promise he is."[13])
It would seem at Dundee he didn't realise the promise Mellon spoke of.

He was released earlier this year so I presume they thought he wasn't up to Scottish Premier standard: https://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/news/7320/DUNDEE-UNITED-SQUAD-UPDATE.html#:~:te
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024