Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next manager and reasons why... 17:17 - Aug 18 with 76201 viewsSheffield_dale

Shame it didn't work for Robbie. IMO he didn't get the team prepared for the season and unfortunately deserves to go. I can understand what he wanted to achieve with the formation but didn't coach them well enough/quick enough to put it into action. We would be too far adrift before things clicked into place.

So, who do we want next.

I'll throw in a suggestion.

Dave Artell.

Steadily built up a Crewe team on a low budget and got promoted.

Not perfect by any means but he would be within our budget and has decent L2 experience and success.

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:03 - Aug 22 with 3386 viewssweetcorn

Next manager and reasons why... on 11:08 - Aug 22 by golfaduffy

Personally; I don't blame RS for our current position, although he is partly culpable because he signed players poorer than those who left/sold.

This is still the fallout from Bottomley's tenure. We all need to remember that. The new Board have inherited an absolute shambles, and whilst they aren't getting everything 100% correct, they are trying their absolute best.

Agree that it's a huge decision for the new Board. I don't envy them at all.

Absolute nonsense.

Stockdale has had 3 windows and replaced virtually the whole team. He was backed in the market more than any other manager. The blame falls squarely at his feet.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:20 - Aug 22 with 3290 viewsgolfaduffy

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:03 - Aug 22 by sweetcorn

Absolute nonsense.

Stockdale has had 3 windows and replaced virtually the whole team. He was backed in the market more than any other manager. The blame falls squarely at his feet.

The players who have been sold or who have left at the end of contract or loan are better than their replacements imho.

Any of the new forwards are not as good as Beesley was
Any of the new midfield players are not as good as Morley was
Any of the new midfield players are not as good as Grant was

Any of the new defenders are not as good as EOC was.

Hardly any of our current players have improved whilst here (Odoh possible exception, apart from shooting)

Just my opinion.
Next manager and reasons why... on 14:27 - Aug 22 with 3250 viewsJames1980

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:03 - Aug 22 by sweetcorn

Absolute nonsense.

Can we really count the first window? There was lots of positivity about the signings made in January including a very well respected forum member saying positive things about Ball. I also recall eagerness to sign Charman. This window is a strange one, but as TVOS rightly said only Stockdale can answer the questions I had about it.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:52 - Aug 22 with 3113 views49thseason

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:20 - Aug 22 by golfaduffy

The players who have been sold or who have left at the end of contract or loan are better than their replacements imho.

Hardly any of our current players have improved whilst here (Odoh possible exception, apart from shooting)

Just my opinion.

And if you go back to the start of last season you can add Humphrys and Rathbone, who have not been adequately replaced. I get that the money was needed to fill a hole in the accounts from the " no fans" season but they must have been on decent wages which could have been used to bring in a couple of decent players you would think.
Next manager and reasons why... on 14:55 - Aug 22 with 3100 viewsDaleiLama

Next manager and reasons why... on 13:17 - Aug 22 by electricblue

Is David Artell the manager Dale need!

Crewe have sacked manager David Artell following their relegation from League One.

The Alex were consigned to the drop with four games to spare when they lost to fellow strugglers Doncaster on Saturday

It was the club's eighth successive defeat and 15th in their last 16 league games.

After reading that im not to sure....

The current list of.
Hill.
Thorpe.
Artell.
Beech.
Alexander.

Surely there are better about an available..
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 13:17]

Zidane, Poch, Benitez ....... think they're all still free? The Chairman as written to them seeing if they'd lower their salary aspirations. Don't think he as a chance personally.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 14:56]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:20 - Aug 22 with 2957 viewsJames1980

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:52 - Aug 22 by 49thseason

And if you go back to the start of last season you can add Humphrys and Rathbone, who have not been adequately replaced. I get that the money was needed to fill a hole in the accounts from the " no fans" season but they must have been on decent wages which could have been used to bring in a couple of decent players you would think.

Wasn't there a block on us signing players at the start of the summer 2021 window? Rathbone was a regular starter in a squad that won promotion from League One. Humphrys whilst not starting games regularly was in a squad that also won promotion to the championship. It would be a big task to get players of similar ability to join a league two like ours.

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:34 - Aug 22 with 2849 viewssweetcorn

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:20 - Aug 22 by golfaduffy

Just my opinion.

That's what happens at clubs like Rochdale. Our good players leave to bigger and better things or have you missed that?

Every board we've ever had have sold our players and lost players to the Highest bidder, its not a justification for his replacements being sub par.

Make all the excuses you want for him, it doesn't change the facts that he wasn't up to it.

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:36 - Aug 22 with 2835 viewssweetcorn

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:27 - Aug 22 by James1980

Can we really count the first window? There was lots of positivity about the signings made in January including a very well respected forum member saying positive things about Ball. I also recall eagerness to sign Charman. This window is a strange one, but as TVOS rightly said only Stockdale can answer the questions I had about it.

Yes it counts, what sort of nonsense statement is that? He signed players with the clubs money, it may have been late in the window, but he deemed them good enough and signed them.

Login to get fewer ads

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:41 - Aug 22 with 2797 viewsrhf

John Askey now joint fav, there might be something in that particularly when you look at his profile.
Next manager and reasons why... on 15:48 - Aug 22 with 2735 viewselectricblue

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:55 - Aug 22 by DaleiLama

Zidane, Poch, Benitez ....... think they're all still free? The Chairman as written to them seeing if they'd lower their salary aspirations. Don't think he as a chance personally.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 14:56]

Oh how wonderfull to know such people are available.

Surely there are better managers available at our level than those mentioned.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:52 - Aug 22 with 2678 viewselectricblue

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:41 - Aug 22 by rhf

John Askey now joint fav, there might be something in that particularly when you look at his profile.

Is Askey still the manager of York City or is he unattched......

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:56 - Aug 22 with 2644 viewsZac_B

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:52 - Aug 22 by electricblue

Is Askey still the manager of York City or is he unattched......

It would take you seconds to find this answer using a search engine. You can also search for the managers who are better than those listed at this level...
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:01 - Aug 22 with 2616 viewsrhf

Askey, apparently known for working on a low budget, develops players, plays attacking football, and has more than a plan A, if all that’s true then ………..
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:05 - Aug 22 with 2591 viewselectricblue

Seems that Askey is at York City still and can the board afford to pay compo.....

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:05 - Aug 22 with 2591 viewsJames1980

Next manager and reasons why... on 11:03 - Aug 22 by James1980

I was just listing the top 5 in the betting although Hill and Thorpe have both drifted from 14/1 to 16/1 Beech 4/1 to 8/1 and Alexander 5/4 to 2-1
Artell's odds of getting the job have shortened from 5/4 to 4/6

Top 3 according to bookies are Artell and Askey (not Arthur) at 2/1 and a certain Mr Hill at 4/1

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:06 - Aug 22 with 2574 viewselectricblue

Next manager and reasons why... on 15:56 - Aug 22 by Zac_B

It would take you seconds to find this answer using a search engine. You can also search for the managers who are better than those listed at this level...

Im presume then that you did not know either.

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:13 - Aug 22 with 2524 viewsTVOS1907

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:06 - Aug 22 by electricblue

You're floundering a bit now.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:14 - Aug 22 with 2507 viewsZac_B

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:06 - Aug 22 by electricblue

No, but I used a search engine and found the answer within seconds.
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:15 - Aug 22 with 2500 viewsEllDale

It's been mentioned before on here how a couple of bets placed can drastically change the odds.
On paper Askey would seem to be a good fit.
Looking at Wikipaedia I didn't realise that he was on the creditors list at Macclesfield when they went bust for £173,000!
And, as he was at Port Vale, a reference could always be sought from Colin Garlick.
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:22 - Aug 22 with 2427 viewswozzrafc

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:15 - Aug 22 by EllDale

It's been mentioned before on here how a couple of bets placed can drastically change the odds.
On paper Askey would seem to be a good fit.
Looking at Wikipaedia I didn't realise that he was on the creditors list at Macclesfield when they went bust for £173,000!
And, as he was at Port Vale, a reference could always be sought from Colin Garlick.

and maybe David Flitcroft who I believe is the director of football.
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:29 - Aug 22 with 2360 viewsBrierls

Next manager and reasons why... on 16:22 - Aug 22 by wozzrafc

and maybe David Flitcroft who I believe is the director of football.

Askey was sacked before Flicker was appointed DoF at Port Vale.

Either way, there will be plenty of people around who can give a reference for a potential manager.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 16:33]
Next manager and reasons why... on 16:36 - Aug 22 with 2324 viewsdingdangblue

Can't see us being able to afford to pay compo for a manager currently employed - unless he has a clause allowing him to leave for a league club? Personally wouldn't mind Artell - at least he has a recent promotion out of league 2 on his CV.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:42 - Aug 22 with 2046 viewsalderleydale

Next manager and reasons why... on 14:27 - Aug 22 by James1980

A very well respected member of the forum saying positive things about Ball!!!!!
You do make me laugh and you’re not even trying
😭😭😭😭😭😭
Next manager and reasons why... on 18:26 - Aug 22 with 1831 viewsJames1980

Next manager and reasons why... on 17:42 - Aug 22 by alderleydale

A very well respected member of the forum saying positive things about Ball!!!!!
You do make me laugh and you’re not even trying
😭😭😭😭😭😭

Surely you would considered Fitzochris as a very well respected member of the message board.

Next manager and reasons why... on 18:52 - Aug 22 with 1709 viewsBrierls

Next manager and reasons why... on 18:26 - Aug 22 by James1980

Surely you would considered Fitzochris as a very well respected member of the message board.

What is your point, James?

Many fans were happy with business done in January, as it was a sign that the board were true to their word of re-investing in the playing squad. On paper, signings looked to be what we needed.

It's not the fans job to sign players that are up to standard. That is the job of the manager. Why would a January transfer window, where Dale spent £££ on fees for three players, not count as far as judgement goes?!

**Edit** I just realised you were referring to the summer of 2021, not 2022. That first window was incredibly difficult, but points made still stand. Discount the first window, he still had two windows where he had time to plan and spent serious money by Dale standards. If we're not counting the first transfer window, we're not counting the points and some encouraging performances on the board before January. You can't have your cake and eat it! The results and performances got worse, not better. I'm really trying to stay away from "you're new, you don't understand", but Stockdale had seriously good backing from the board compared to other managers over the years. It's not the time for hypothetical nonsense questions, they serve no purpose other than antagonising other fans.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2022 19:47]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024