Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hendo's record 10:28 - Nov 9 with 8088 viewsDorkingDale

Does anybody know exactly when Reg broke the previous record? Must've been about 50 years ago....
Hendo's record on 10:33 - Nov 9 with 5087 viewsJames1980

It's got to be one of the longest standing highest goal scorer records in the league.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Hendo's record on 12:20 - Nov 9 with 4937 viewspioneer

Albert Whitehurst scored 124 league and FA Cup goals for Dale.

According to my records Reg scored his 128th and 129th goal on 10 Feb 1973 v Notts County
127 v Bangor FAC 18 Nov 1972
126 v v Walsall 4 Nov 1972
125 v Bolton 21 Oct 1972 47th minute of 2-2 draw

Thats 50 years and 18 days he broke the record!

Cannot vouch for my records being 100% correct of course.

He also scored 2 goals away to Man City in a lancashire Cup replay on 8 November but they have been deemed not to count . Ill have to find out who scored for City but I suspect they were not U21!
Hendo's record on 12:48 - Nov 9 with 4842 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo's record on 12:20 - Nov 9 by pioneer

According to my records Reg scored his 128th and 129th goal on 10 Feb 1973 v Notts County

He also scored 2 goals away to Man City in a lancashire Cup replay on 8 November but they have been deemed not to count . Ill have to find out who scored for City but I suspect they were not U21!

But if you're going to keep going on about that, maybe goals scored by players in the FA Cup and League Cup against weakened opponents shouldn't count!

Did other clubs playing in the Lancashire Cup fill their teams with senior players? Did Dale? What about other regional competitions? Did every club get the chance to compete in them?

At the end of the day, the Lancashire Cup does not count as a national, senior first team competition.

And Henderson has scored a massive ONE goal against an U23 side (Sunderland) in the EFL Trophy. His other three goals are against the first teams of Bury, Accrington Stanley and Salford City.

Both players are great Dale strikers playing in different eras. Let's just celebrate that fact, shall we?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Hendo's record on 13:32 - Nov 9 with 4751 viewsD_Alien

Hendo's record on 12:48 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

But if you're going to keep going on about that, maybe goals scored by players in the FA Cup and League Cup against weakened opponents shouldn't count!

Did other clubs playing in the Lancashire Cup fill their teams with senior players? Did Dale? What about other regional competitions? Did every club get the chance to compete in them?

At the end of the day, the Lancashire Cup does not count as a national, senior first team competition.

And Henderson has scored a massive ONE goal against an U23 side (Sunderland) in the EFL Trophy. His other three goals are against the first teams of Bury, Accrington Stanley and Salford City.

Both players are great Dale strikers playing in different eras. Let's just celebrate that fact, shall we?

Amen

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendo's record on 14:18 - Nov 9 with 4685 viewspioneer

I think if you read my posts from last night I have been doing just that.

A wonderful achievement by a wonderful servant of the club and it was a pleasure to see it happen.
Hendo's record on 15:04 - Nov 9 with 4635 viewsfermin

Do you have the respective splits for goals scored while at League 1 and 2 level for the two of them, out of interest?
Hendo's record on 15:33 - Nov 9 with 4584 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo's record on 15:04 - Nov 9 by fermin

Do you have the respective splits for goals scored while at League 1 and 2 level for the two of them, out of interest?

Yes, but it will be later tonight/tomorrow before I can get onto it.

EDIT: Reg will have more in the fourth tier as he made a lot more appearances for Dale at that level. Plus he got to play against the likes of Bradford Park Avenue over-21s.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 15:35]

Hendo's record on 16:14 - Nov 9 with 4539 viewsDorkingDale

Hendo's record on 12:20 - Nov 9 by pioneer

Just short of 50 years then....not a bad record our Reg.
Login to get fewer ads

Hendo's record on 18:29 - Nov 9 with 4392 viewsfermin

Hendo's record on 10:33 - Nov 9 by James1980

It's got to be one of the longest standing highest goal scorer records in the league.

I wouldn't have thought so. You have to remember that they scored a lot more goals in the past. Just to pick a few at random - the records for Villa, Everton and Leicester were set in the 1930s, for example.

Our own Albert Whitehurst scored 82 of his goals in just two seasons (86 games) between 1926 and 1928. I doubt his one season record of 46 will ever be beaten.
Hendo's record on 18:55 - Nov 9 with 4341 viewsJames1980

Absolutely and where does one stop in judging the worthiness of the achievement?
How many winning goals, how many goals that earned us a point, how many consolation goals. How many braces and hat tricks, how many penalties how many headers, how many right foot, how many left foot how many from inside the 6yd, 18yd boxes or outside the area. How many when the team were down to less than 11 players.
End of the day Mr Ian Henderson has scored the more competitive goals for Rochdale than any other player and well bloody done to him. Glad to have invested £10 to watch the game on IFollow

Hendo's record on 19:22 - Nov 9 with 4281 viewsR17ALE

Hendo's record on 18:55 - Nov 9 by James1980

Absolutely and where does one stop in judging the worthiness of the achievement?
How many winning goals, how many goals that earned us a point, how many consolation goals. How many braces and hat tricks, how many penalties how many headers, how many right foot, how many left foot how many from inside the 6yd, 18yd boxes or outside the area. How many when the team were down to less than 11 players.
End of the day Mr Ian Henderson has scored the more competitive goals for Rochdale than any other player and well bloody done to him. Glad to have invested £10 to watch the game on IFollow

Here you go James. 30 minutes of joy where you can answer all your own questions.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Hendo's record on 20:36 - Nov 9 with 4142 viewsClivert

After the turbulence of the last three years on and off the pitch last night was probably the first time since the Newcastle home game that we've genuinely had something to be beaming about leaving Spotland and as a fan base we needed that.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 22:45]
Hendo's record on 22:30 - Nov 9 with 3985 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo's record on 15:04 - Nov 9 by fermin

Jenkins - L1 level: 47, L2 level: 72

Henderson - L1 level: 98, L2 level: 16
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 22:39]

Hendo's record on 22:54 - Nov 9 with 3938 viewsleedsdale

Hendo's record on 19:22 - Nov 9 by R17ALE

Here you go James. 30 minutes of joy where you can answer all your own questions.

Couple of random thoughts after enjoying that:

1. Chesterfield take a right hammering!
2. Calvin Andrew really was a nuisance
Hendo's record on 22:55 - Nov 9 with 3935 viewspioneer

Hendo's record on 22:30 - Nov 9 by TVOS1907

Jenkins - L1 level: 47, L2 level: 72

Henderson - L1 level: 98, L2 level: 16
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 22:39]

And in the cups

hendo 10 FaCup. 2 league cup 4 efl trophy
jenkins 5 FACup 5 league cup
Hendo's record on 23:04 - Nov 9 with 3901 viewsR17ALE

Hendo's record on 20:36 - Nov 9 by Clivert

After the turbulence of the last three years on and off the pitch last night was probably the first time since the Newcastle home game that we've genuinely had something to be beaming about leaving Spotland and as a fan base we needed that.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 22:45]

Agreed 100%.

By my reckoning James, Hendo has scored 94 goals with the right foot, 13 with his head, and 23 with his left foot.

If any player is reading, can you get it into your head that being able to use both feet makes you a better player.

It's a bug bear of mine. Pro players should be able to kick a ball with either foot. Sadly, many can't.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 23:17]

Hendo's record on 23:06 - Nov 9 with 3894 viewsR17ALE

Hendo's record on 22:54 - Nov 9 by leedsdale

I thought exactly that.* Plus I was surprised by the number of away fans who boo after Hendo nets a pen.

Doncaster copped for a few as well.

*Revenge for Jack Lesterfield!
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 23:09]

Hendo's record on 23:09 - Nov 9 with 3880 views442Dale

Hendo's record on 22:54 - Nov 9 by leedsdale

Until the last couple of seasons, Calvin Andrew was a vital member of the squad whose contributions were often overlooked.

Watching that video, the Spurs game may never have happened without him. Didn’t realise how good his run and cross was against Millwall for Henderson’s winner. A fine servant and a very good lower league player.

Joe Bunney was another who stood out through those highlights.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Hendo's record on 07:30 - Nov 10 with 3731 viewsJames1980

Hendo's record on 23:04 - Nov 9 by R17ALE

Agreed 100%.

By my reckoning James, Hendo has scored 94 goals with the right foot, 13 with his head, and 23 with his left foot.

If any player is reading, can you get it into your head that being able to use both feet makes you a better player.

It's a bug bear of mine. Pro players should be able to kick a ball with either foot. Sadly, many can't.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2022 23:17]

Absolutely but it takes practice and determination to forge those neural pathways to the point where using both feet feels natural.
Thank you for ascertaining those figures. Now does anyone know the percentage of goals Big Reg scored with his non dominate foot?

Hendo's record on 09:17 - Nov 10 with 3612 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo's record on 07:30 - Nov 10 by James1980

Absolutely but it takes practice and determination to forge those neural pathways to the point where using both feet feels natural.
Thank you for ascertaining those figures. Now does anyone know the percentage of goals Big Reg scored with his non dominate foot?

No, that sort of information isn't available from Reg's era, James.

What I can tell you, though, is that Henderson has scored 0.76923076923076923....% of his goals against U21 sides.

Hendo's record on 10:26 - Nov 10 with 3550 viewsDaleiLama

Hendo's record on 09:17 - Nov 10 by TVOS1907

No, that sort of information isn't available from Reg's era, James.

What I can tell you, though, is that Henderson has scored 0.76923076923076923....% of his goals against U21 sides.

And you even stopped an infinite number before the next zero so there could be no rounding claims. Mathematical rigour at it's finest!

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Hendo's record on 10:48 - Nov 10 with 3512 viewsTVOS1907

Hendo's record on 10:26 - Nov 10 by DaleiLama

And you even stopped an infinite number before the next zero so there could be no rounding claims. Mathematical rigour at it's finest!

It's about time this messageboard had some recurring symbols available.

Hendo's record on 11:07 - Nov 10 with 3498 viewsD_Alien

Hendo's record on 10:48 - Nov 10 by TVOS1907

It's about time this messageboard had some recurring symbols available.

You've got their number...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hendo's record on 11:52 - Nov 10 with 3459 viewssamueloneils

Very different players.

Jenkins (like Ricki Lambert) had a thunderbolt of a shot that keepers always struggled with. Hendo the archetypical fox in the box with great posiotional sense. Interesting him recalling in his interview when he started as a winger or midfielder. Nice to see Hill getting a credit too.
Hendo's record on 13:22 - Nov 10 with 3341 viewsdeeplishblue

Hendo's record on 19:22 - Nov 9 by R17ALE

Only thing surprising about that was Hendo has played against Notts Cheaty. I thought they went out of the league years ago !

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024