Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager!!?? 17:15 - Dec 26 with 9882 viewsrkershaw

I've got a name to throw into the ring.....rhymes with "Teeth Thrill"......enough is enough......we need to follow the Conservatives ....x3 leaders in one season....and I've not even had that many to drink!!
[Post edited 27 Dec 2022 8:32]
New Manager!!?? on 17:18 - Dec 26 with 5627 viewskel

I don’t think it’s the manager that’s the problem here. These lot will throw anybody under the bus if it meant they collected a wage every week. He can’t make the effort on the pitch for them can he?
New Manager!!?? on 17:26 - Dec 26 with 5584 viewsDalenet

New Manager!!?? on 17:18 - Dec 26 by kel

I don’t think it’s the manager that’s the problem here. These lot will throw anybody under the bus if it meant they collected a wage every week. He can’t make the effort on the pitch for them can he?

But his subs today killed the momentum. What a depressing day. What was he thinking?
New Manager!!?? on 17:26 - Dec 26 with 5584 viewsSheffield_dale

Agree. (This) Manager isn't to blame and deserves to be backed in Jan to change to culture
New Manager!!?? on 17:35 - Dec 26 with 5503 viewsfourfourtwo

New Manager!!?? on 17:26 - Dec 26 by Sheffield_dale

Agree. (This) Manager isn't to blame and deserves to be backed in Jan to change to culture

Manager certainly not to blame for the horrific squad he inherited from the most inept manager in the entire history of the club.

He has however made major errors of judgment in games which have cost us dear.

Bringing Quigley on against Stockport in the tinpot cup was a horrendous mistake. He’s come back with the mobility of a fridge looking like a Sunday league player.

Taking Lloyd off today (albeit with good intentions) was also a massive mistake.

Performances are deteriorating. Morale almost non-existent.

This board must back Jim to the hilt in January or we all might as well just call it a day.
New Manager!!?? on 17:37 - Dec 26 with 5476 viewssince58

New Manager!!?? on 17:26 - Dec 26 by Sheffield_dale

Thanks stockdsdale for leaving the worst squad in many a year . Ffs give jim a chance in jan and hopefully he can fetch a few winners in.
New Manager!!?? on 17:54 - Dec 26 with 5324 viewsDickydaler

New Manager!!?? on 17:37 - Dec 26 by since58

Thanks stockdsdale for leaving the worst squad in many a year . Ffs give jim a chance in jan and hopefully he can fetch a few winners in.

I don't think we will have much choice other than to back him, but if he makes anymore horrendous substitution decisions like this afternoon I'll be having serious doubts. What was he thinking!
New Manager!!?? on 18:02 - Dec 26 with 5203 viewsD_Alien

New Manager!!?? on 17:54 - Dec 26 by Dickydaler

I don't think we will have much choice other than to back him, but if he makes anymore horrendous substitution decisions like this afternoon I'll be having serious doubts. What was he thinking!

Taking Lloyd off was almost certainly pre-planned. His first game back after a long lay-off and whilst it did affect our momentum i'm not blaming him for that

But we didn't lose because of the subs

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

New Manager!!?? on 18:12 - Dec 26 with 5113 viewsDickydaler

New Manager!!?? on 18:02 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Taking Lloyd off was almost certainly pre-planned. His first game back after a long lay-off and whilst it did affect our momentum i'm not blaming him for that

But we didn't lose because of the subs

Sorry, have to agree to disagree on that.
Login to get fewer ads

New Manager!!?? on 18:16 - Dec 26 with 5093 viewselectricblue

Very poor team performance wise, the 11 on the pitch from the ko looked like they had never played together before.
To many poor performances all around again it really is a poor squad..

But i think 2 or 3 middle men brought in during January could gel the team.....

Odoh can go in Jan.
So can John and Malley..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

New Manager!!?? on 18:19 - Dec 26 with 5008 viewsD_Alien

New Manager!!?? on 18:12 - Dec 26 by Dickydaler

Sorry, have to agree to disagree on that.

You disagree that Lloyd playing for an hour wasn't pre-planned, when it absolutely must've been? It may even have been Lloyd himself who requested it as part of his agreement to play for the club, to prevent over-doing it after such a long layoff

New Manager!!?? on 18:36 - Dec 26 with 4920 viewsswiggy

New Manager!!?? on 18:19 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

You disagree that Lloyd playing for an hour wasn't pre-planned, when it absolutely must've been? It may even have been Lloyd himself who requested it as part of his agreement to play for the club, to prevent over-doing it after such a long layoff

Are you seriously suggesting that we have signed a player, who don’t forget has no club, who is dictating when and how long he plays. Ffs he’s not Messi he’s a non league journeyman who should be pleased he’s been given a chance. We are a club potentially going out of the league and we can’t even keep a month long signing on the pitch!
New Manager!!?? on 18:39 - Dec 26 with 4873 viewsNorthernDale

I must admit, taking Lloyd was a game changer for me, he played well in the second and created chances for Hendo and Quigley. I can understand the fitness issue, with Lloyd, but I would have waited another ten minutes and then brought on either Sinclair or Ball instead, but Rodney, the man gives the impression of someone not interested in being at the Dale.

We must back him to bring in a few players in January and get rid of some of the dead wood signed by Stockdale.
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 18:41]
New Manager!!?? on 18:41 - Dec 26 with 4828 viewsD_Alien

New Manager!!?? on 18:36 - Dec 26 by swiggy

Are you seriously suggesting that we have signed a player, who don’t forget has no club, who is dictating when and how long he plays. Ffs he’s not Messi he’s a non league journeyman who should be pleased he’s been given a chance. We are a club potentially going out of the league and we can’t even keep a month long signing on the pitch!

Yes, that's precisely what i'm suggesting. After such a long layoff, discussions around his first game would be entirely sensible. I can understand the head-scratching if the circumstances were otherwise, but the mitigating circumstances are such that people simply must put their frustrations to one side in this instance. Banging on about Messi isn't useful
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 18:42]

New Manager!!?? on 18:44 - Dec 26 with 4821 viewsswiggy

New Manager!!?? on 18:41 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Yes, that's precisely what i'm suggesting. After such a long layoff, discussions around his first game would be entirely sensible. I can understand the head-scratching if the circumstances were otherwise, but the mitigating circumstances are such that people simply must put their frustrations to one side in this instance. Banging on about Messi isn't useful
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 18:42]

Banging on about Messi 😂 🎣 caught a big one
New Manager!!?? on 18:49 - Dec 26 with 4757 viewsD_Alien

New Manager!!?? on 18:44 - Dec 26 by swiggy

And your counter-argument?

Haven't got one

New Manager!!?? on 18:58 - Dec 26 with 4723 viewsswiggy

New Manager!!?? on 18:49 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

And your counter-argument?

Haven't got one

He’s a non league journeyman who should be happy we’ve given him a chance, EBJ made a mistake bringing him off which cost us the game end of
New Manager!!?? on 19:22 - Dec 26 with 4578 views49thseason

New Manager!!?? on 18:44 - Dec 26 by swiggy

Yet again, home supporters were presented with an utterly inept performance, bereft of ideas, skill, attitude, guile or even the basics as taught in Primary school. If Bentley is the answer, we asked the wrong question. This squad is incapable of starting on the front foot, every week we shrink back into a defensive posture right from the kick off. There is absolutely no surprise when we inevitably fall behind. Clearly Lloyd hadnt read the script, but dont worry, he will get the message. The whole team is pedestrian, over-schooled in the art of backwards passes, keep the ball and don't worry about how long it takes to get past the halfway line.
Maybe these traits are so engrained they cannot be altered, or maybe Bentley isnt much of a coach..
Nothing will change now, the die is cast, we are heading for another relegation if not oblivion. I am in my 63rd season of watching mainly dross and starting to wish it was all over. How much crap are we expected to put up with? We are skint, we have nothing to sell and about as much chance of progressing in a cup competition as going in at half time 3- 0 in front. If the club was a horse, it would be sold for glue.

I found myself looking around the stadium this afternoon an concluded someone could build probably 50 or more houses on the site. So the land is maybe worth £3m. At least my shares would be worth something... desperate times indeed.
New Manager!!?? on 19:45 - Dec 26 with 4438 viewsD_Alien

New Manager!!?? on 18:58 - Dec 26 by swiggy

He’s a non league journeyman who should be happy we’ve given him a chance, EBJ made a mistake bringing him off which cost us the game end of

Any claim that it "cost us the game" immediately disqualifies your point, since that's unknowable

What is known is that it was his first game back and he deserves the same protection from career-threatening injury as any other professional footballer

Was it frustrating? Certainly, but again, i'd ask you to curb your annoyance and accept that what happened, happened for a reason - not through any mistake by the manager

New Manager!!?? on 19:48 - Dec 26 with 4424 views442Dale

New Manager!!?? on 19:45 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Any claim that it "cost us the game" immediately disqualifies your point, since that's unknowable

What is known is that it was his first game back and he deserves the same protection from career-threatening injury as any other professional footballer

Was it frustrating? Certainly, but again, i'd ask you to curb your annoyance and accept that what happened, happened for a reason - not through any mistake by the manager

Plus we don’t know if the manager may have wanted to keep him on but was advised by those with more medical expertise to take him off as scheduled.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New Manager!!?? on 19:52 - Dec 26 with 4400 viewsbluevein64

Exactly - Pep couldn't get a result out of this lot !
New Manager!!?? on 20:43 - Dec 26 with 4188 viewsblackdogblue

I don’t post much now, tend to stay in the shadows & just crack on with the prediction league but to be honest I am entitled as much as most for my opinion…

I agree with the op.. it’s normally a ditty or a song from from ryk..

JB was a Morecombe player, did his badges & got the chance as first team manager..
(So was BBM…)
Jim McNulty was being looked at that way & given a limited chance…
JB went to KFC Fylde..
JB was fired from KFC Fylde….

Is it the players?
Is it the formation?
Players wages will come to light in January who stays / goes…

Inheriting a squad is one thing as good or bad as people say….

For me he needs to go as I do not believe he has made one bit of difference…

Hopefully in the next week…. Ffs… Jan is a crucial month & I have zero faith…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

New Manager!!?? on 20:51 - Dec 26 with 4150 viewsDickydaler

New Manager!!?? on 18:19 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Sorry, it was your last paragraph I disagreed with. Yes, I thought we lost the game because of the substitutions.
If it was an agreed substitution I find it a strange agreement in the context of the game when everyone (including himself) could see that he was having such a positive affect (effect?). He certainly didn't look knackered when he came off.
Sorry for the delay in replying.
New Manager!!?? on 20:53 - Dec 26 with 4128 viewsswiggy

New Manager!!?? on 19:45 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Maybe unknowable but what I know is he went off we lost, we brought on Rodney who was appalling and career threatening? he’s 31 with no club, what career exactly are we threatening? We are being good enough as an association football professional club to offer him a chance which none of the other 91 clubs have bothered to do for the last 6 months. Give us all a break please
New Manager!!?? on 21:37 - Dec 26 with 3940 viewsD_Alien

New Manager!!?? on 20:53 - Dec 26 by swiggy

Maybe unknowable but what I know is he went off we lost, we brought on Rodney who was appalling and career threatening? he’s 31 with no club, what career exactly are we threatening? We are being good enough as an association football professional club to offer him a chance which none of the other 91 clubs have bothered to do for the last 6 months. Give us all a break please

Give yourself one, you're simply wrong; not only that, but you've been disrespectful to Lloyd in maintaining his ability to sustain longer than 60 minutes of a tough dogfight after a long injury doesn't matter, and that his career is expendable

If you think Bentley would've taken him off for any other reason, or that doing so showed a lack of managerial ability, you're also being disrespectful to him

I'm giving an honest assessment of something i found frustrating at the time too
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 21:41]

New Manager!!?? on 22:55 - Dec 26 with 3708 viewsswiggy

New Manager!!?? on 21:37 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

Give yourself one, you're simply wrong; not only that, but you've been disrespectful to Lloyd in maintaining his ability to sustain longer than 60 minutes of a tough dogfight after a long injury doesn't matter, and that his career is expendable

If you think Bentley would've taken him off for any other reason, or that doing so showed a lack of managerial ability, you're also being disrespectful to him

I'm giving an honest assessment of something i found frustrating at the time too
[Post edited 26 Dec 2022 21:41]

I’m really sorry to hear that footballers can’t play for 90 minutes any more, I’m sure that you can remember the days before substitutions when all 11 players played for 90 minutes or the team played with 10 or even 9 men, it seems that we now have to patronise “men” who are incapable of playing 90 minutes for a salary they most men would work far longer then 90 minutes for.
To quote “Ripping Yarns” Its not the shorts that matter, it’s what’s in the shorts that counts. At least Lloyd showed commitment unlike some of our full time players, we surely want the same thing, for the Dale to stay up. For that to happen means we need to all pull together UP THE DALE.
I appreciate your opinion and no offence but today we were not good enough in the first half and we were on top in the second half until substitutions changed the game definitely not in our favour. Bottom line is we lost and in my opinion the substitutions weakened the team, I’m probably wrong but hey ho I’ve just looked at the league table and it’s not good reading
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024