Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January Transfer Window 14:10 - Dec 28 with 62173 viewsHullDale

Gillingham have started their business early...

January Transfer Window on 23:23 - Jan 27 with 4022 viewsfourfourtwo

January Transfer Window on 19:04 - Jan 27 by NorthernDale

I hope I am proved wrong and if I am, I will apologise. Sadly after so many disappointments watching the Dale over the decades, I have become a pessimist.

I must admit, I was hoping for a midfielder to strengthen that area.

It poses the questions who starts at left back Aidy or Dodgson and of more interest does he start with Campbell and Quigley, after the midweek game performances. It would be interesting to Campbell and Lloyd on the wings, to see if it creates more opportunities for our forwards.

It remains to be seen if Campbell can regain full match fitness and then he will have to find a place in the team. Granted there’s not much in front of him at the minute.

After an initial burst onto the scene, Bentley seems a little confused as to where Lloyd best fits. Hopefully from tomorrow onwards we will have more of an idea and a better balance to the side.

White is too injury prone so hopefully Dodgson can provide some consistency and quality performances at LB and make the position his own.
January Transfer Window on 12:47 - Jan 28 with 3551 viewsTVOS1907

January Transfer Window on 20:32 - Jan 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

If I was a pro footballer I would ask around first to determine if Rochdale AFC were as bad as the League table suggested and were in fact in a false position. Do they have potential to improve? Could I help? Are there other factors to consider that may relate to a pending improvement, like a new training facility.

Then I would say "F*ck right off!"

Ace.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

January Transfer Window on 13:13 - Jan 28 with 3509 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Wonder if Izzy Brown would be worth a punt. Out of contract but the most broken toy since Ravel Morrison

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

January Transfer Window on 16:16 - Jan 28 with 3380 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Wonder if Izzy Brown would be worth a punt. Out of contract but the most broken toy since Ravel Morrison

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

January Transfer Window on 16:12 - Jan 30 with 3065 viewsBrierls

I know they are in League One and their owner has a few quid, but Fleetwood have blown my mind today. They've gone out and signed a new forward line in Jack Marriott and Jayden Stockley. Bonkers.
January Transfer Window on 16:22 - Jan 30 with 3020 viewsleedsdale

January Transfer Window on 16:12 - Jan 30 by Brierls

I know they are in League One and their owner has a few quid, but Fleetwood have blown my mind today. They've gone out and signed a new forward line in Jack Marriott and Jayden Stockley. Bonkers.

Completely bonkers.

On the subject of Fleetwood they’ve got a midfielder called Chris Conn-Clarke who has been on loan at Alty and just been recalled. He looks an exciting player and one I wouldn’t mind having.
January Transfer Window on 16:42 - Jan 30 with 2923 viewsEllDale

I spotted he'd been recalled.
I think he was at Burnley before and some fans there really rated him but he was never going to get a sniff at a Premiership club.
He's obviously been recalled for a reason.
Talking of Fleetwood's owner, did I see last year that he had a court case hanging over him for various alleged financial misdemeanours?
January Transfer Window on 17:00 - Jan 30 with 2868 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 16:22 - Jan 30 by leedsdale

Completely bonkers.

On the subject of Fleetwood they’ve got a midfielder called Chris Conn-Clarke who has been on loan at Alty and just been recalled. He looks an exciting player and one I wouldn’t mind having.

Looks like he's been recalled to sign permanently elsewhere. He's thanking Alty and talking about a 'new chapter' in this latest tweet.

A quick Google and YouTube clip later, he seems more of a forward than a midfielder. I wouldn't expect us to sign another forward unless we can offload Sinclair or Odoh.

We are desperate for a couple of midfielders; one who can break up play and pass to a blue/black shirt, and one who can break through midfield and create chances/score goals. But I suppose every team would want those too! I'd argue our need is greater but that's not how it works unfortunately.

If we can offload Ball, to anybody, it would free up the space and wage to bring in an actual footballer.
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 17:02]
Login to get fewer ads

January Transfer Window on 17:23 - Jan 30 with 2799 viewsblackdogblue

Ball… think there is a “Stockdale” list ..

On a different topic… see Dooley is not getting a place on the bench at Harrogate (no I don’t want him back…)

Good to see Jamie Allen has recently been captain at Cov though 👍
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 17:28]

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

January Transfer Window on 18:49 - Jan 30 with 2559 viewsBrierls

January Transfer Window on 17:23 - Jan 30 by blackdogblue

Ball… think there is a “Stockdale” list ..

On a different topic… see Dooley is not getting a place on the bench at Harrogate (no I don’t want him back…)

Good to see Jamie Allen has recently been captain at Cov though 👍
[Post edited 30 Jan 2023 17:28]

Dooley is injured. I think he has been for most of the season.
January Transfer Window on 20:20 - Jan 30 with 2316 viewsNewbury_Dale

Conn Clarke heading to Ireland by the looks of things.
January Transfer Window on 14:02 - Jan 31 with 1817 viewsBrierls

Danny Cashman has gone on loan to Altrincham. They've lost a couple of forwards this month so it will be interesting to see how he gets on. NL may be his level, though I have my doubts.
[Post edited 31 Jan 2023 15:16]
January Transfer Window on 19:42 - Jan 31 with 1546 viewsdavidab2202

January Transfer Window on 20:20 - Jan 30 by Newbury_Dale

Conn Clarke heading to Ireland by the looks of things.

Quite correct, but signed a contract at Fleetwood through to 2025 plus a years option before he headed across the sea
January Transfer Window on 20:27 - Feb 1 with 1143 viewsShun

I’m still amazed that Walsall managed to pull off signing Matt Stevens and Jamile Matt, two of League Two’s top goal scorers last season, both at Champions FGR. It’s like someone in League Two signing CoG and Dagnall or Hogan and Henderson the season after we got promoted.
January Transfer Window on 20:41 - Feb 1 with 1092 views442Dale

January Transfer Window on 20:27 - Feb 1 by Shun

I’m still amazed that Walsall managed to pull off signing Matt Stevens and Jamile Matt, two of League Two’s top goal scorers last season, both at Champions FGR. It’s like someone in League Two signing CoG and Dagnall or Hogan and Henderson the season after we got promoted.

Was reading that Stevens has only recently returned from a bad knee injury he suffered last April and has only played a few mins as a sub. Matt has scored once all season. Still good business by Walsall if they hit it off again, especially as they didn’t keep hold of Danny Johnson.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024