Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight’s Fans Forum 19:53 - Feb 9 with 23487 viewsDaleyBrent

UnfortunatelY unable to attend tonight but really keen to here some of the key takeaways if those present wouldn’t mind summarising below:

Thanks in advance! UTD
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:13 - Feb 9 with 8383 viewsdale_spotland

Sure there’s plenty I’ve missed that others will add:

O’Donnell was dropped due to conceding 10 in December, he’s responded well and will be back in net on Saturday as Eastwood hasn’t coped too well with the pressure and criticism.

‘Tavhon Campbell is fit and available for selection and that’s all I’ll really say on him’

There was January interest in Odoh, yes you read that correctly.

We still don’t know exactly why the Brierley move didn’t work, it still could as Blackburn have got top lawyers appealing, Brierley earlier in the week told Rochdale he didn’t want to train and risk injury while the move may still happen if the appeal is successful, however he today told the club he’s willing to return.

The club was going under if Scott Hogan wasn’t sold to Aston Villa.

The desire is still absolutely to be fan owned, however it’s becoming impossible and at the minute Simon’s main concern is making sure we have a club in 10 years which at the minute may not be the case.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:17 - Feb 9 with 8328 viewsDaleiLama

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:13 - Feb 9 by dale_spotland

O’Donnell was dropped due to conceding 10 in December, he’s responded well and will be back in net on Saturday as Eastwood hasn’t coped too well with the pressure and criticism.

‘Tavhon Campbell is fit and available for selection and that’s all I’ll really say on him’

We still don’t know exactly why the Brierley move didn’t work, it still could as Blackburn have got top lawyers appealing, Brierley earlier in the week told Rochdale he didn’t want to train and risk injury while the move may still happen if the appeal is successful, however he today told the club he’s willing to return.

The desire is still absolutely to be fan owned, however it’s becoming impossible and at the minute Simon’s main concern is making sure we have a club in 10 years which at the minute may not be the case.

Thanks ...... and in advance to anyone else posting content in this thread

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:23 - Feb 9 with 8213 viewsjudd

Alan Nixons claims about ,£80k fee and not ticking boxes were absolute bollox.

But Ethan did colour the form in with crayons.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:23 - Feb 9 with 8205 viewsdingdangblue

Thanks too.
Still bizarre about O'Donnell - we'd also played 3 in January, 2 draws and a win and conceded only 2. I still think they've had a bust up in the changing rooms and words were said. Great news he's back on Saturday. As for the other news it sounds very bleak.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:27 - Feb 9 with 8143 viewsDale27

If there’s a problem with Campbell’s attitude then tell the paying fans, a bit of transparency would go a long way with a lot of people…
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:28 - Feb 9 with 8123 viewsDaleFan7

Doesn't sound good. If we go down I really do fear for the future of the club.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:31 - Feb 9 with 8026 viewsA_Newby

Robbie Stockdale was given the biggest league 2 Dale playing budget ever. This was still in the bottom 8 league 2 playing budgets. In hindsight Simon regretted letting him spend it
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 22:32]
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:37 - Feb 9 with 7906 viewsDaleiLama

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:23 - Feb 9 by judd

Alan Nixons claims about ,£80k fee and not ticking boxes were absolute bollox.

But Ethan did colour the form in with crayons.

Rubbish report. What colour did he use? Wax or coloured pencils?

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:37 - Feb 9 with 7899 views442Dale

Scott Hogan was sold to Aston Villa at the end of the January 2017 transfer window.
https://www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11677/10751378/aston-villa-sign-scot

A week earlier we signed Joe Bunney to a new deal and also signed Jack Redshaw on loan.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38696163.amp

Even earlier in January we have Conrad Logan a new deal:
https://www.rochdaleonline.co.uk/news-features/4/sport-news/107305/conrad-logan-

Do wish people would stop reflecting on the past to somehow justify the now and the future.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:38 - Feb 9 with 7869 views442Dale

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:31 - Feb 9 by A_Newby

Robbie Stockdale was given the biggest league 2 Dale playing budget ever. This was still in the bottom 8 league 2 playing budgets. In hindsight Simon regretted letting him spend it
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 22:32]

In hindsight the budget should have been tailored to our resources to ensure that any future financial issues would not impact the club.

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:39 - Feb 9 with 7846 viewsjudd

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:37 - Feb 9 by DaleiLama

Rubbish report. What colour did he use? Wax or coloured pencils?

Half blue, half white

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:41 - Feb 9 with 7802 viewsDaleiLama

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:38 - Feb 9 by 442Dale

In hindsight the budget should have been tailored to our resources to ensure that any future financial issues would not impact the club.

Better realising that late than never

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:47 - Feb 9 with 7691 viewsD_Alien

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:23 - Feb 9 by dingdangblue

Thanks too.
Still bizarre about O'Donnell - we'd also played 3 in January, 2 draws and a win and conceded only 2. I still think they've had a bust up in the changing rooms and words were said. Great news he's back on Saturday. As for the other news it sounds very bleak.

The rationale was that it was better to introduce a new keeper on the back of a couple of positive results...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:52 - Feb 9 with 7611 viewsA_Newby

Lots of discussion about the latest £1,000,000 share offer and being fan owned. The money needed to fill latest black hole in finances. This black hole happens every year. Only sold £135,000 worth. Without this money would have been no new players in transfer window.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:54 - Feb 9 with 7563 viewsD_Alien

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:27 - Feb 9 by Dale27

If there’s a problem with Campbell’s attitude then tell the paying fans, a bit of transparency would go a long way with a lot of people…

There was no holding back in telling fans that they're "spreading doom and gloom"

This, in response to a question that's been debated extensively on here about the workings of our Commercial Dept. The actual question wasn't answered, which was around targets and concerns voiced by current sponsors

On the positive side, apparently our year on year sponsorship income is rising, whilst others have pulled out due to either being unwilling or not being able to pay the going market rate

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:58 - Feb 9 with 7517 viewsHopwoodblue

I got the overall feeling there’s not too much interest for investment into the club from inside or outside, the board got a good grilling by one gentleman who seemed to be on a mission.
I thought JB & Nick Chadwick came across well. Great response from JB to someone’s phone ringing after talking about O’Donnell 🤣

Poll: Would we have a stronger management team with Flicker back ?

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:59 - Feb 9 with 7502 viewsDaleFan7

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:47 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

The rationale was that it was better to introduce a new keeper on the back of a couple of positive results...

If that's true and how Bentley thinks then we're doomed.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:59 - Feb 9 with 7496 viewsA_Newby

There is a plan being worked on for if we get relegated but didn't want to expand on details.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:00 - Feb 9 with 7469 views49thseason

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:52 - Feb 9 by A_Newby

Lots of discussion about the latest £1,000,000 share offer and being fan owned. The money needed to fill latest black hole in finances. This black hole happens every year. Only sold £135,000 worth. Without this money would have been no new players in transfer window.

You cant expect 2000 fans to cough up £1m quid a year. Reducing the overheads and increasing other forms of income are the only options , season ticket sales dont make that sort of money.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:03 - Feb 9 with 7412 viewsA_Newby

If the team lose a match and play badly EBJ shouts at some players and tickles the rest.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:04 - Feb 9 with 7400 views442Dale

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 22:54 - Feb 9 by D_Alien

There was no holding back in telling fans that they're "spreading doom and gloom"

This, in response to a question that's been debated extensively on here about the workings of our Commercial Dept. The actual question wasn't answered, which was around targets and concerns voiced by current sponsors

On the positive side, apparently our year on year sponsorship income is rising, whilst others have pulled out due to either being unwilling or not being able to pay the going market rate

I’ll bite on the “doom and gloom”. They haven’t a clue.

Yes, there have been negative remarks and ridiculous stuff on social media and even some of the stuff shouted by individuals at games has been very unfair (to Eastwood especially), but this is a fan base looking for the smallest lights at the end of many tunnels. The support and real will to hope we improve is evident across the majority.

If the team reflected the positivity and endeavour of the supporters we’d be ten points better off.

Understand Rochdale fans. We are doing as much as we can.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2023 23:06]

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:07 - Feb 9 with 7359 viewsdalemark

I asked a question about commercial performance, as well as highlighting the positives of the fanzone, networking events and cash tickets.

Unfortunately, some of the answers given by Richard Knight were in direct contradiction to the answers I'd received privately previously from Tony Pockney. I'll pick this up when I meet with Tony & Murray in person hopefully next week.

The top table chose to share some top level figures, which showed 10ish % revenue growth YoY in sponsorship & commercial revenue... I think this was intended as a positive, but revenue growth in line with inflation is not the same as actual profit growth. I'll have to see the accounts at the end of year, but based on what I heard tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see commercial performance / profit (once salaries and expenditure are accounted for) declining year on year.

Did we make more profit from the sponsorship of the away end with the new sponsors (after the new signage was made & installed) than we would've made selling it to the old sponsors at a slightly lower price for example?

They chose not to share retail figures, commenting just 'we know that needs work'.

I really, really hope the board choose to speak to lapsed or failed sponsors to get open and honest feedback. Its not 'doom and gloom' to point out that reputationally we are struggling in that department. Its also not accurate to claim that sponsors are choosing not to renew simply because of price rises. If responses to queries were done in reasonable time, if people felt valued, and if the packages represent value for money, sponsors would not choose not to renew.

If I had a pound for every time tonight we were told how hard the commercial team work, I'd be in a position to be the investor we're looking for. We need to start working smart as well as hard, keeping people accountable for actual performance, and start rebuilding relationships with every sponsor on every version of every database we have. Working hard should be a given - that is what the salary is there for. Working smart & making a difference is what should be celebrated.

As a side note, that was some nice recognition for George Delves. In my limited interactions with him, and limited knowledge of what he does, it felt well deserved.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:12 - Feb 9 with 7276 viewsA_Newby

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:00 - Feb 9 by 49thseason

You cant expect 2000 fans to cough up £1m quid a year. Reducing the overheads and increasing other forms of income are the only options , season ticket sales dont make that sort of money.

Agree that 2000 fans can't fill the £1000000+ black hole every year. To fill the black hole each fan would have to pay 3 times as much for their season card and spend 3 times as much on refreshments and in the bar each home match.
Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:20 - Feb 9 with 7174 viewsjudd

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:07 - Feb 9 by dalemark

I asked a question about commercial performance, as well as highlighting the positives of the fanzone, networking events and cash tickets.

Unfortunately, some of the answers given by Richard Knight were in direct contradiction to the answers I'd received privately previously from Tony Pockney. I'll pick this up when I meet with Tony & Murray in person hopefully next week.

The top table chose to share some top level figures, which showed 10ish % revenue growth YoY in sponsorship & commercial revenue... I think this was intended as a positive, but revenue growth in line with inflation is not the same as actual profit growth. I'll have to see the accounts at the end of year, but based on what I heard tonight I wouldn't be surprised to see commercial performance / profit (once salaries and expenditure are accounted for) declining year on year.

Did we make more profit from the sponsorship of the away end with the new sponsors (after the new signage was made & installed) than we would've made selling it to the old sponsors at a slightly lower price for example?

They chose not to share retail figures, commenting just 'we know that needs work'.

I really, really hope the board choose to speak to lapsed or failed sponsors to get open and honest feedback. Its not 'doom and gloom' to point out that reputationally we are struggling in that department. Its also not accurate to claim that sponsors are choosing not to renew simply because of price rises. If responses to queries were done in reasonable time, if people felt valued, and if the packages represent value for money, sponsors would not choose not to renew.

If I had a pound for every time tonight we were told how hard the commercial team work, I'd be in a position to be the investor we're looking for. We need to start working smart as well as hard, keeping people accountable for actual performance, and start rebuilding relationships with every sponsor on every version of every database we have. Working hard should be a given - that is what the salary is there for. Working smart & making a difference is what should be celebrated.

As a side note, that was some nice recognition for George Delves. In my limited interactions with him, and limited knowledge of what he does, it felt well deserved.

My take was that sponsorship had been undersold in previous years and I also thought Richard alluded to Zen Internet not paying a bean for the Sandy sponsorship.

Unfortunately, the roving mic style stops any supplementary questions and needs to be reviewed

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:22 - Feb 9 with 7153 views442Dale

Tonight’s Fans Forum on 23:20 - Feb 9 by judd

My take was that sponsorship had been undersold in previous years and I also thought Richard alluded to Zen Internet not paying a bean for the Sandy sponsorship.

Unfortunately, the roving mic style stops any supplementary questions and needs to be reviewed

Yeah, the mic thing was always a concern prior to the evening. Not sure why we ever moved away from that people sticking their hands up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024