Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need Hilly back 16:52 - Feb 18 with 9249 viewsDale4life

We need Hill back, he as been a manager for us twice and we have been promoted twice, one of hilly best saying is " I do not care how many they score as long as we score one more than they do" and all the broken toys he as mended and gone to earn Rochdale afc a hell of a lot of money
(We are the Dale and the Dale are us)

Up the Dale

We need Hilly back on 17:41 - Feb 18 with 5654 viewsfrequency

Its a no from me

Hate city

We need Hilly back on 17:43 - Feb 18 with 5622 viewsfrenzied

We need Hilly back on 17:41 - Feb 18 by frequency

Its a no from me

and from me...
We need Hilly back on 17:47 - Feb 18 with 5569 viewsTrev

We need a complete reset on and off the pitch.

We need to appoint a forward thinking manager.

We need to re-engage the fan base.

We need the board to learn quickly.

We certainly don't need Keith Hill.
We need Hilly back on 19:46 - Feb 18 with 5390 viewsseasidedale

We need Hilly back on 17:47 - Feb 18 by Trev

We need a complete reset on and off the pitch.

We need to appoint a forward thinking manager.

We need to re-engage the fan base.

We need the board to learn quickly.

We certainly don't need Keith Hill.

What about Chris beech then, has experience as manager, Carlisle did ok under him, lost it with co vid, at afc Fylde
We need Hilly back on 19:49 - Feb 18 with 5347 viewsDaleFan7

Rather stick pins in my eyes.
We need Hilly back on 20:16 - Feb 18 with 5236 viewsEllDale

Who’s available NOW?
Ther’s no time for interviews or a lengthy interview procedure.
We need Hilly back on 20:43 - Feb 18 with 5133 viewsEllDale

I’ll answer my own question after reflection.
Tony Ellis anyone?
We need Hilly back on 21:15 - Feb 18 with 5081 viewsrhf

The board allegedly went after Askey when he was employed at York, he is now unemployed……..
Login to get fewer ads

We need Hilly back on 21:17 - Feb 18 with 5069 viewsEllDale

Yes, he left in apparently strange circumstances where the board were rumoured to have asked him to resign because they couldn’t afford to sack him!
We need Hilly back on 13:35 - Feb 19 with 4749 viewsdingdangblue

I wasn't sure until yesterday, I was still giving Bentley the benefit of doubt and hoping we could pick up back to back wins somehow against Gillingham and Stockport. It's gone now and Bentley sounded broken after the game. He ain't getting a tune out of these players and we are sleepwalking to relegation out of the football league for the first time in our history.
Keith Hill gets the club. He loves the club and there isn't any other manager out there who I'd rather come in short term and try and save us. He's done it twice before with Parkin and Colemans teams and had an instant impact. He still knows some of the staff here and a few of his players are still here too. Doesn't his son Sidney play for one of the Academy age groups so he's still got connections with the club.
It's a no brainer for me - we are down anyway with Bentley so what is there to lose?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

We need Hilly back on 13:58 - Feb 19 with 4651 viewsNorthernDale

I don't think the board will do anything for now, but even Bentley all but admitted that the performances means his job is at risk, he also seem to implies, the fact that some players may lack the desire needed.

If the board did decide to change the manager, I think Keith or Tony Ellis as caretaker until the summer, with the decision that from the summer they would assume the role of D.o.F role. But I think the board will stick with Bentley for the time being.
We need Hilly back on 13:58 - Feb 19 with 4645 viewsD_Alien

We need Hilly back on 13:35 - Feb 19 by dingdangblue

I wasn't sure until yesterday, I was still giving Bentley the benefit of doubt and hoping we could pick up back to back wins somehow against Gillingham and Stockport. It's gone now and Bentley sounded broken after the game. He ain't getting a tune out of these players and we are sleepwalking to relegation out of the football league for the first time in our history.
Keith Hill gets the club. He loves the club and there isn't any other manager out there who I'd rather come in short term and try and save us. He's done it twice before with Parkin and Colemans teams and had an instant impact. He still knows some of the staff here and a few of his players are still here too. Doesn't his son Sidney play for one of the Academy age groups so he's still got connections with the club.
It's a no brainer for me - we are down anyway with Bentley so what is there to lose?

Will people please stop using the trite term "sleepwalking" in terms of our impending relegation?

I'm absolutely wide awake, so are you, so is everyone who supports the club, so are the Board, so is the manager

Being fully aware of what's happening and being able to do something about it that actually works are two very different things
[Post edited 19 Feb 2023 14:46]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

We need Hilly back on 15:59 - Feb 19 with 4411 viewsDale_4_Life

Just for clarity the OP is not me.

The club is in trouble but the answer is not Hill.

Agree we need a reset as a club and that starts now planning for next season in the National league.
We need Hilly back on 17:28 - Feb 19 with 4227 viewsBrierls

If it was Hilly till the end of the season, with very defined terms, I’d snap your hand off. If he keeps us up (and walks across Hollingworth lake while he’s at it), we offer him a rolling one year contract. If he doesn’t keep us up, it’s a “thanks for trying” and goodbye. I don’t think he’d come back under those terms and I wouldn’t blame him.

I love Keith Hill and everything he did for the club. He is a genuine club legend. But taking romance out of the equation, if/when we sack Bentley, we really should be looking to a manager and rebuilding project for the next three years and beyond.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 10:57]
We need Hilly back on 17:44 - Feb 19 with 4176 viewsTomRAFC

I'd just take a change of manager right now. Askey is appealing and out of work, Hill has the potential for magic or catastrophe.

If we can't afford to sack Bentley now, put him on gardening leave and bring in a caretaker. If we can't even afford that, then I really hope there's a relegation clause in Bentley's contract.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

We need Hilly back on 17:53 - Feb 19 with 4144 viewsThacks_Rabbits

We need Hilly back on 17:28 - Feb 19 by Brierls

If it was Hilly till the end of the season, with very defined terms, I’d snap your hand off. If he keeps us up (and walks across Hollingworth lake while he’s at it), we offer him a rolling one year contract. If he doesn’t keep us up, it’s a “thanks for trying” and goodbye. I don’t think he’d come back under those terms and I wouldn’t blame him.

I love Keith Hill and everything he did for the club. He is a genuine club legend. But taking romance out of the equation, if/when we sack Bentley, we really should be looking to a manager and rebuilding project for the next three years and beyond.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2023 10:57]

If it was Hill and Flitcroft I would say a definite yes, as a pair they work (Clough and Peter Taylor type relationship) but Hill alone I would be more reticent. I honestly don’t think he could achieve the past glories without Flicker as he seemed to struggle with certain parts of the management role which DF dealt with.

The reason I would consider it is that everything is so broken currently that he could honestly do no worse, he has a really nasty streak that is required and he is self confident / arrogant (delete as applicable) that he could perform the miracle that is required.

If Bentley were to do the decent thing and resign he would be the first call I would make now though. He is bloody minded enough to maybe turn it around and the sort of guy that would ring Glenn Murray and say you owe me half a season for all I did for you.

All ifs and buts but if he was offered a hugely incentive based contract I think he would take it.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

We need Hilly back on 17:58 - Feb 19 with 4120 views442Dale

We need Hilly back on 17:53 - Feb 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

If it was Hill and Flitcroft I would say a definite yes, as a pair they work (Clough and Peter Taylor type relationship) but Hill alone I would be more reticent. I honestly don’t think he could achieve the past glories without Flicker as he seemed to struggle with certain parts of the management role which DF dealt with.

The reason I would consider it is that everything is so broken currently that he could honestly do no worse, he has a really nasty streak that is required and he is self confident / arrogant (delete as applicable) that he could perform the miracle that is required.

If Bentley were to do the decent thing and resign he would be the first call I would make now though. He is bloody minded enough to maybe turn it around and the sort of guy that would ring Glenn Murray and say you owe me half a season for all I did for you.

All ifs and buts but if he was offered a hugely incentive based contract I think he would take it.

Hill illustrated in his second spell that he could cope perfectly fine without Flitcroft. Far more sustained success at a higher level.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We need Hilly back on 18:09 - Feb 19 with 4084 viewsThacks_Rabbits

We need Hilly back on 17:58 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

Hill illustrated in his second spell that he could cope perfectly fine without Flitcroft. Far more sustained success at a higher level.

Hill then yes but Hill now I’m not as sure. Also think he would have achieved more with Flitcroft at that time but only my opinion.

Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

We need Hilly back on 18:14 - Feb 19 with 4049 views442Dale

We need Hilly back on 18:09 - Feb 19 by Thacks_Rabbits

Hill then yes but Hill now I’m not as sure. Also think he would have achieved more with Flitcroft at that time but only my opinion.

Not sure how we could have achieved more than a promotion and three top half finishes! Their spell back together at Bolton is the only evidence we have of how they’d do after Flitcroft became a manager himself.

Plus, after what he said whilst at Bury about their budget, wouldn’t want him anywhere near ourselves signing players.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/34699925.amp

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

We need Hilly back on 18:45 - Feb 19 with 3927 viewsThacks_Rabbits

We need Hilly back on 18:14 - Feb 19 by 442Dale

Not sure how we could have achieved more than a promotion and three top half finishes! Their spell back together at Bolton is the only evidence we have of how they’d do after Flitcroft became a manager himself.

Plus, after what he said whilst at Bury about their budget, wouldn’t want him anywhere near ourselves signing players.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/34699925.amp

Christ I would not want him as manager! If he could DF would eat himself! When Hill left some of the board wanted to bring him in as manager but the vote went against him. I think they did a good job as a team though.

We need Hilly back on 18:54 - Feb 19 with 3902 viewsJames1980

Those saying Hill no we won't go. Who would you have instead? Take into consideration some potential managers have said thanks but no thanks.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

We need Hilly back on 19:20 - Feb 19 with 3834 viewsborodale

Replacing the manager is not the answer. Until we clear out the numerous bad eggs in this squad and are in a position to revitalise with players who want to perform. These players won't perform for anybody.
We need Hilly back on 19:25 - Feb 19 with 3801 viewsseasidedale

We need Hilly back on 19:20 - Feb 19 by borodale

Replacing the manager is not the answer. Until we clear out the numerous bad eggs in this squad and are in a position to revitalise with players who want to perform. These players won't perform for anybody.

Thing with hill he likes total control from youth upwards and it worked at dale, he hasn’t had this at the other clubs he has been at, whether he would be given that and the board would stand it is the question if he returned
We need Hilly back on 19:31 - Feb 19 with 3788 viewsfrenzied

We need Hilly back on 19:20 - Feb 19 by borodale

I just don't think the present squad by and large have the ability to compete at this level.

If i thought changing the manager would change our position then id do it..im sticking with Jim B for this season and into the next.

i seem to remember Stockport having 6 or 7 managers within a 2 or 3 year spell after being relegated from the football league
We need Hilly back on 19:45 - Feb 19 with 3756 viewsblackdogblue

We need Hilly back on 19:31 - Feb 19 by frenzied

I just don't think the present squad by and large have the ability to compete at this level.

If i thought changing the manager would change our position then id do it..im sticking with Jim B for this season and into the next.

i seem to remember Stockport having 6 or 7 managers within a 2 or 3 year spell after being relegated from the football league

& look how long Stockport took to come back & the investment..look at NCFC…

Look at the table in the conference for the Biffos & Scunny..

Act now FFS…

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024