Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. 17:10 - Mar 3 with 9539 viewsKingstdale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/march/tahvoncampbellaldershotloan/
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 17:36 - Mar 3 with 6819 viewsnordenblue

Seems he's a headache in the camp...
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:08 - Mar 3 with 6712 views49thseason

Seems he hasn't had much of an opportunity to shine. Clearly Bentley doesn't fancy him in the team, which is a pity as we are not exactly brimming over with forwards. Another wasted transfer fee. Maybe a spell at Aldershot will help the lad regain some confidence. Lets hope he scores a bagful.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:18 - Mar 3 with 6661 viewsDaleFan7

Campbell proved he could score in the NL last season. Sinclair has proven he can score there since he's been sent on loan. Is it really that much more difficult to score in this division or are we just not utilising them properly?

It seems really odd that we can't even score a goal a game yet persist with the same players in attacking positions all the time.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:34 - Mar 3 with 6617 viewsTomRAFC

Going off what Bentley said at the forum, we haven't had value for money on Tav.

I suppose if Campbell/Sinclair can hit their stride, they might flourish under a different manager next season. So long as they aren't on the unsustainable wages the some others were offered.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 18:36]

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:56 - Mar 3 with 6538 viewsNorthernDale

I would give Campbell a chance at the club, sending him out on loan is stupid, I cannot understand Bentley. He sent out Sinclair and signed somebody with lesser ability in Mellor, now he sends Campbell and no doubt will start with Odoh, Campbell as shown in his appearances he as ability to change games, Odoh would struggle to change his socks, never mind a game. Bentley logic and actions defy logic at times.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2023 18:59]
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 19:13 - Mar 3 with 6457 viewsTrev

I think there's a player in Campbell. Stupid 2 minute appearances aren't going to help much. When JB finally leaves we might finally start seeing the best of some of these players.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 19:30 - Mar 3 with 6380 viewselectricblue

Campbell needs game time to boost his confidence and fitness.....

The move will hopefully do him good.....

Not value for money !
Well that is quite obvious due to his long term injury........

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 20:20 - Mar 3 with 6233 viewsturnthescrew

Strikes me the lad has physically recovered from his injury, but isn't confident in 11 v 11 competitive situations. In which case, he needs a move to regain his confidence id he is to retain any hope of league football.

A dog-fight such as that which we face, isn't the best environment for a player lacking physical commitment, confidence and who probably doubts himself.

I hope he progresses at Aldershot, and finds his mojo again, but this isn't the right place for him at this moment in his career.
Login to get fewer ads

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 20:52 - Mar 3 with 6122 viewsBrierls

Campbell is the best of the January 2022 £££ bunch, but that doesn’t mean he’s good enough.

I hope he bangs the goals in for Aldershot to create a saleable asset come the summer, let’s recoup some of the horrifically misspent funds shelled out.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 20:53 - Mar 3 with 6115 viewsNewbury_Dale

If Bentley doesn't think he's worth a run in the side then he might as well go and put himself in the shop window. And if he can play 10 games between now and the end of the season, then maybe he can rejoin us next pre season with some momentum ? He can score goals in the Conference so might be an asset next season. Easy to say it's another bad Stockwell signing, but I remember watching him play for Woking before he signed and thinking what a good player he was. Maybe the application/attitude just isn't there.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 23:08 - Mar 3 with 5838 viewsEllDale

I really want this lad to do well.
But….by my reckoning he’s 26 and Aldershot will be his 13th club including loan spells.
The only club he’s consistently scored goals at is Woking.
I saw him play at Halifax the odd time where he scored one goal in 15 appearances.
Let’s just say he didn’t impress.
Who the hell gave him a two and a half year contract ffs? And paid a transfer fee?
Birmingham born, West Brom player, played at Solihull Moors.
Llke Ball and Tulloch this has got the influence of Jimmy Shan written all over it.
Let’s look on the positive side and hope he regains some confidence with regular game time at Aldershot.
Otherwise I can’t see there being a return on the investment.
Ball, Charman, Campbell. All apparently sizeable fees in what now looks like a calamitous transfer window last year.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 05:09 - Mar 4 with 5620 viewsShun

There are a few references on Twitter to him being our record signing. Is this true?
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 08:10 - Mar 4 with 5501 viewsTVOS1907

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 05:09 - Mar 4 by Shun

There are a few references on Twitter to him being our record signing. Is this true?

No, it’s nonsense.

Problem is, someone posts something on Twitter and it suddenly becomes ‘fact’.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 09:09 - Mar 4 with 5400 viewsjudd

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 08:10 - Mar 4 by TVOS1907

No, it’s nonsense.

Problem is, someone posts something on Twitter and it suddenly becomes ‘fact’.

Word on the street etc...

Poll: What is it to be then?

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 11:15 - Mar 4 with 5165 viewselectricblue

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 09:09 - Mar 4 by judd

Word on the street etc...

Which street is that!

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 11:15 - Mar 4 with 5162 viewsJames1980

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 11:15 - Mar 4 by electricblue

Which street is that!

Sesame

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 11:35 - Mar 4 with 5130 viewsjudd

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 11:15 - Mar 4 by electricblue

Which street is that!

Graham Parker

Poll: What is it to be then?

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 12:33 - Mar 4 with 5027 viewsRooleyMoorBlue

Nail, on, hit, head, the.

Bentley thinks John, Odoh, EEL, Ball and the like are first team players, so it stands to reason he would use Campbell in a totally different way to the one that brought him goals previously.
Bentley would cause any striker to go on a barren spell.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 14:41 - Mar 4 with 4777 viewselectricblue

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 11:15 - Mar 4 by James1980

Sesame

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:20 - Mar 4 with 4609 viewsfourfourtwo

Bentley made a very interesting comment regarding Campbell on Radio Manchester earlier stating that he wanted to keep him…

Read into that what you will.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:28 - Mar 4 with 4584 viewsnordenblue

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:20 - Mar 4 by fourfourtwo

Bentley made a very interesting comment regarding Campbell on Radio Manchester earlier stating that he wanted to keep him…

Read into that what you will.

If he wanted to "keep him" so much why would he just sit him on the bench all the time when fit, that doesn't add up....
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:31 - Mar 4 with 4568 viewsfourfourtwo

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:28 - Mar 4 by nordenblue

If he wanted to "keep him" so much why would he just sit him on the bench all the time when fit, that doesn't add up....

You miss the point.

There was a clear hint/indication that Campbell was loaned out for financial reasons.

Not sure why he would say that on the radio if it was untrue.

As much as I would have liked to see Campbell given more of a chance, he’s clearly overweight and nowhere near where he should be in terms of fitness levels.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:40 - Mar 4 with 4514 viewsJimmyRustler

I think I must have been watching a different player.

Slow and cumbersome with the touch of a donkey was always my assessment. Probably a good finisher but we didn’t really see enough of that.

Charman looked a far better player than him (if rumours are lead to be believed, he left the club for non footballing reasons)
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 19:08 - Mar 4 with 4411 viewsnordenblue

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:31 - Mar 4 by fourfourtwo

You miss the point.

There was a clear hint/indication that Campbell was loaned out for financial reasons.

As much as I would have liked to see Campbell given more of a chance, he’s clearly overweight and nowhere near where he should be in terms of fitness levels.

Not really missed the point, he did the same with Charman too, never used him either then moaned that he actually "wanted to keep him" whilst never really playing him, he's clearly not fancied using either very much, again if he wanted to use/play either player he's had plenty opportunity to do so.

Just sounds like he's using the old don't blame me i wanted to keep him kind of tactic whilst we spiral further towards the drop.
Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 19:42 - Mar 4 with 4303 viewsTrev

Campbell out on loan to Aldershot. on 18:31 - Mar 4 by fourfourtwo

You miss the point.

Oh to be as clearly overweight as Tahvon Campbell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024