Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
National League 22:16 - Apr 15 with 6391 viewsAussieShaymen

Is it too soon to come and say hello and welcome you to the National League. 😉. In all seriousness, while i feel Sorry for the position you are in, I'm also being a bit selfish and am looking forward to renewing an old rivalry that a lot of our younger fans, won't have experienced. The National League is a horrible league to get out of and it will devour you, if you don't have the right management, financial backing and players. Looking at your current squad you definitely have players who know this league well. Feel free to ask any questions.
National League on 22:28 - Apr 15 with 6319 viewsDalenet

No not too early - been on the cards since Christmas to be honest. And we could so easily do a Scunthorpe if we don't have some wholesale changes. After 102 years in the EFL this will hurt - but you know that. You are one of the teams I will look forward to playing.
National League on 22:36 - Apr 15 with 6301 viewsTrev

I'd absolutely snap your hands off for a boring mid-table finish next season.
National League on 23:21 - Apr 15 with 6199 viewsAussieShaymen

National League on 22:36 - Apr 15 by Trev

I'd absolutely snap your hands off for a boring mid-table finish next season.

If Wrexham and Notts go up this season, it will bode well for the rest of the league. Notts County are an unbelievable footballing side this season, while Wrexham don't play much football are just relentless in turning you around and have a lot of quality up top to punish you.

The league will be a lot more open next season with them two gone. Chesterfield will probably be the ones to beat next season, but they won't be getting 100+ point like the top 2 this season. Oldham have been dire this season and have signed ageing established national league players. They've got a middling national league squad on paper, a lot of once good players now on their downward trajectory. I've got a feeling your smaller clubs like Altrincham and Gateshead will do well next season.

How's Rodney been for you, we've had Tahvon and Quigley down at the shay along with Devante. The first two were poor for us, but Rodney in his two loan speeds has been brilliant, but he has never seemed to hit any form at other clubs. Danny Lloyd is a decent player, but not getting younger, and Mullarkey was always decent at Alty.
National League on 23:26 - Apr 15 with 6182 viewsShun

National League on 23:21 - Apr 15 by AussieShaymen

If Wrexham and Notts go up this season, it will bode well for the rest of the league. Notts County are an unbelievable footballing side this season, while Wrexham don't play much football are just relentless in turning you around and have a lot of quality up top to punish you.

The league will be a lot more open next season with them two gone. Chesterfield will probably be the ones to beat next season, but they won't be getting 100+ point like the top 2 this season. Oldham have been dire this season and have signed ageing established national league players. They've got a middling national league squad on paper, a lot of once good players now on their downward trajectory. I've got a feeling your smaller clubs like Altrincham and Gateshead will do well next season.

How's Rodney been for you, we've had Tahvon and Quigley down at the shay along with Devante. The first two were poor for us, but Rodney in his two loan speeds has been brilliant, but he has never seemed to hit any form at other clubs. Danny Lloyd is a decent player, but not getting younger, and Mullarkey was always decent at Alty.

Rodney’s done quite well without being a star. One of our top scorers and does seem to have a bit about him.

Lloyd has been great but there’s no chance he’ll be here next season. Mullarkey is a fantastic player and is under contract next season but I imagine he’ll have plenty of interest in summer too.
National League on 12:25 - Apr 16 with 5698 viewsDale_4_Life

Looking forward to coming back to the Shay!

Alty Oldham York Gateshead stand out in what will be a very Southern league next season
National League on 12:59 - Apr 16 with 5601 viewsNorthernDale

May I ask what is the average away attendance from the southern based teams, I imagine the northern teams away attendance to Halifax is quite decent. The question is do we allocate part of the main stand for the visit of teams like Woking, Barnet, etc and have a flexible approach towards the Wilbutts stand, open it for home fans for the visit of southern teams and allocate it to northern teams visits.
National League on 14:37 - Apr 16 with 5472 viewsShun

National League on 12:59 - Apr 16 by NorthernDale

May I ask what is the average away attendance from the southern based teams, I imagine the northern teams away attendance to Halifax is quite decent. The question is do we allocate part of the main stand for the visit of teams like Woking, Barnet, etc and have a flexible approach towards the Wilbutts stand, open it for home fans for the visit of southern teams and allocate it to northern teams visits.

I wouldn't be averse to closing the Wilbutts stand all season, barring the visits of Oldham, Halifax, Chesterfield and perhaps one or two others. It seems silly to employ staff to man the turnstiles, refreshment kiosks and stewarding for 30-40 Dorking fans. We did this a few times in Hill's time when Barnet visited.
National League on 17:51 - Apr 16 with 5216 viewsDalenet

Given how empty the Pearl Street seems to be nowadays why can't we give them the last block nearest the Wilbutts?

If we do a Scunny not long before we'll soon by hosting fans unsegregated and be able to enjoy a pint whilst watching the game and walking the dog.
Login to get fewer ads

National League on 19:49 - Apr 16 with 5087 viewsAussieShaymen

Southern teams followings are Not great to be honest. The worst being Borehamwood who will
Be under 50. Ex league teams of course travel better depending on their season. Southend will probably be best of the lot. You probably already know what the likes of Chesterfield, Oldham, York can bring. Gateshead won't bring many, Alty might bring anywhere from 300-700. As for us we'll bring anywhere from 500-1500 depending on form/importance of game. We've taken around 900 to Alty and York(shite away end figures given were wrong). I would like and expect that we will take upwards of 1000 to you. Which is less than probably less than most of the northern teams
You played this season. It's going to be nice for us to have several very localish games next season with you, oldham and York. It beats the likes of Guiseley and Bradford Park Avenue.

We just had 7800(4300 away fans) on Good Friday against Wrexham and it was brilliant to be fair seeing the shay that full. Depending on what you think you will bring you will get last section of new stand if it's under 5-600 expected. If it's 500-1200 expected you will get the Skircoat (old stand) and anything above 1500 you will get skircoat and north stand.
National League on 20:58 - Apr 16 with 4984 viewsD_Alien

National League on 19:49 - Apr 16 by AussieShaymen

Southern teams followings are Not great to be honest. The worst being Borehamwood who will
Be under 50. Ex league teams of course travel better depending on their season. Southend will probably be best of the lot. You probably already know what the likes of Chesterfield, Oldham, York can bring. Gateshead won't bring many, Alty might bring anywhere from 300-700. As for us we'll bring anywhere from 500-1500 depending on form/importance of game. We've taken around 900 to Alty and York(shite away end figures given were wrong). I would like and expect that we will take upwards of 1000 to you. Which is less than probably less than most of the northern teams
You played this season. It's going to be nice for us to have several very localish games next season with you, oldham and York. It beats the likes of Guiseley and Bradford Park Avenue.

We just had 7800(4300 away fans) on Good Friday against Wrexham and it was brilliant to be fair seeing the shay that full. Depending on what you think you will bring you will get last section of new stand if it's under 5-600 expected. If it's 500-1200 expected you will get the Skircoat (old stand) and anything above 1500 you will get skircoat and north stand.

Would imagine we'll take more than 500, if only for old time's sake

First stood on the Shay in our joint promotion season, 1969

Many memories of the place, good (Dennis Butler hat-trick in our 1-4 win Boxing Day 1970, Paddy McCourt last minute winner 2002) and not so good, but if there's any consolation in our departure from the EFL it'll be returning to your place, after a decent piss up in the many fine Halifax hostelries

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

National League on 21:05 - Apr 16 with 4970 viewsClivert

National League on 20:58 - Apr 16 by D_Alien

Would imagine we'll take more than 500, if only for old time's sake

First stood on the Shay in our joint promotion season, 1969

Many memories of the place, good (Dennis Butler hat-trick in our 1-4 win Boxing Day 1970, Paddy McCourt last minute winner 2002) and not so good, but if there's any consolation in our departure from the EFL it'll be returning to your place, after a decent piss up in the many fine Halifax hostelries

Jason Peake's overhead kick there in 2000, The Shay is a happy hunting ground for us and Halifax away will probably be the first fixture we look for when the fixtures come out.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2023 21:06]
National League on 21:13 - Apr 16 with 4922 viewsfermin

National League on 19:49 - Apr 16 by AussieShaymen

In the light of discussions about our future on other threads, can you give some indication of how Halifax manage finances in the NL? Do you have people subsidising your budget or do you generate it all from attendances/sponsorship etc? We are similar clubs in many ways so it would be interesting to know how you do it.
National League on 22:28 - Apr 16 with 4834 viewsAussieShaymen

National League on 21:13 - Apr 16 by fermin

In the light of discussions about our future on other threads, can you give some indication of how Halifax manage finances in the NL? Do you have people subsidising your budget or do you generate it all from attendances/sponsorship etc? We are similar clubs in many ways so it would be interesting to know how you do it.

We have one of the smallest budgets in the national league. We've had the same chairman since our reformation 15 odd years ago. We're at an impasse with t the chairman as he's not proactive at all.
We don't do the basics like a club shop or even online ticketing. It's still pay on the gate cash and that's it. We have plateaued and will regress with him still at the helm. We are debt free but have relied on constantly selling our best players every season. I would say our chairman would underwrites us to a smallish five figure sum every season and that only since we went full time a couple of seasons ago. Our council is also a load of shit as they only seem to care about the piece hall and filming tv/movies in the region.

Whatever you do, don't sign journeymen national League/league 2 players. Oldham has done this and it will only get you so far.
National League on 23:51 - Apr 16 with 4751 viewsSandyman

When we go down, I'm very much looking forward to the Halifax fixtures. Cracking rivalry over many years.

FAO @ AussieShaymen - Does a chap using the name "Hoddie" still post online? A few of us got to know him back in the day - splendid chap.
National League on 09:50 - Apr 17 with 4522 viewsAussieShaymen

National League on 23:51 - Apr 16 by Sandyman

When we go down, I'm very much looking forward to the Halifax fixtures. Cracking rivalry over many years.

FAO @ AussieShaymen - Does a chap using the name "Hoddie" still post online? A few of us got to know him back in the day - splendid chap.

Yes Hoddie is still posting online. He lives in Belgium now. When I first came
To England on holiday he actually took me up to my first game, which was Hartlepool away back in 2000.
National League on 10:41 - Apr 17 with 4441 viewspioneer

National League on 09:50 - Apr 17 by AussieShaymen

To England on holiday he actually took me up to my first game, which was Hartlepool away back in 2000.

After an away trip to Hartlepool everything else must have seemed like paradise.
National League on 16:41 - Apr 26 with 3666 viewsDaleiLama

I know it's a set piece, but this is not under hit or over hit. It's delivered perfectly inviting a knock-down, which is exactly what it gets. Then a Dale player is first to the ball and rifles it past the keeper. Simple. Effective.

How many times this year have we seen a free kick go sideways for a few yards, then the player receiving it having to pass a moving ball which most find a harder skill? Same with goal kicks and corners for that matter. Often the second ball after the dead ball is poor and ineffective, usually doesn't end up in the box and even ends up back with the keeper after a high press and a "panic" with alarming regularity.

You can't score from your box, but you can from your opponents. It's not that hard, but we made it so time and time again. And then fans are questioned for being frustrated? I hope we play more directly like this in the NL or we'll be in the sh1te up to our necks before we know it.

[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 16:42]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

National League on 17:22 - Apr 26 with 3562 viewsBrierls

National League on 09:50 - Apr 17 by AussieShaymen

Bloody hell. ‘Hoddie’ is a blast from the past! Some memory on Sandyman!
National League on 22:15 - Apr 26 with 3233 views442Dale

National League on 16:41 - Apr 26 by DaleiLama

I know it's a set piece, but this is not under hit or over hit. It's delivered perfectly inviting a knock-down, which is exactly what it gets. Then a Dale player is first to the ball and rifles it past the keeper. Simple. Effective.

How many times this year have we seen a free kick go sideways for a few yards, then the player receiving it having to pass a moving ball which most find a harder skill? Same with goal kicks and corners for that matter. Often the second ball after the dead ball is poor and ineffective, usually doesn't end up in the box and even ends up back with the keeper after a high press and a "panic" with alarming regularity.

You can't score from your box, but you can from your opponents. It's not that hard, but we made it so time and time again. And then fans are questioned for being frustrated? I hope we play more directly like this in the NL or we'll be in the sh1te up to our necks before we know it.

[Post edited 26 Apr 2023 16:42]

I just want to know why they’re wearing last season’s alternative home socks.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

National League on 08:47 - Apr 27 with 3023 viewsDaleiLama

National League on 22:15 - Apr 26 by 442Dale

I just want to know why they’re wearing last season’s alternative home socks.

Not enough takers in Jack's kit sale?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024