Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scholes 22:12 - Apr 18 with 4208 viewsDorkingDale

Apparently Paul Scholes was in attendance tonight. What's that all about? He must have had lots of better options available....

Surely he's not looking for another management role?
Scholes on 22:18 - Apr 18 with 4118 views442Dale

Probably heard about what we do at goal kicks and wanted to see how special it was for himself.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Scholes on 08:27 - Apr 19 with 3584 viewsrobtheb

Also Jon Dahl Tomasson was there, till half time, perhaps had enough!
Scholes on 10:17 - Apr 19 with 3370 viewsDorkingDale

Scholes on 08:27 - Apr 19 by robtheb

Also Jon Dahl Tomasson was there, till half time, perhaps had enough!

Presumably watching Brierley, but sounds as if he had a bit of a shocker.....
Scholes on 11:38 - Apr 19 with 3231 viewsrobtheb

Scholes on 10:17 - Apr 19 by DorkingDale

Not his best game but was MOM.
Scholes on 11:45 - Apr 19 with 3209 viewstony_roch975

Scholes on 11:38 - Apr 19 by robtheb

Not his best game but was MOM.

For me Taylor & Mellor had better games

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Scholes on 11:55 - Apr 19 with 3182 viewsD_Alien

Scholes on 10:17 - Apr 19 by DorkingDale

When Brierley came back into the first team after his notorious spell with Sheff Utd, he was playing with the confidence of someone who'd benefitted from a really good coaching environment and better players to play alongside

Since those first few games, he's caught the disease Crap-first-touch-itis which has spread like wildfire amongst the Dale squad, infecting all and sundry and finally, last night, the goalkeeper too

I said after Saturday that i hoped there were no scouts watching him, because i believe he's better than what he's been able to show in a team that starts with no urgency or running in them, told to play back to the CBs in as sterile a travesty of football (yes, Football) as we've had to witness

One of the worst consequences for the club might well be that visiting scouts will report back unfavourably, thus diminishing his transfer value and costing the Dale potentially hundreds of thousands of pounds we desperately need

I attach no blame to Brierley for this

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Scholes on 12:26 - Apr 19 with 3068 viewsTomRAFC

Scholes on 11:55 - Apr 19 by D_Alien

When Brierley came back into the first team after his notorious spell with Sheff Utd, he was playing with the confidence of someone who'd benefitted from a really good coaching environment and better players to play alongside

Since those first few games, he's caught the disease Crap-first-touch-itis which has spread like wildfire amongst the Dale squad, infecting all and sundry and finally, last night, the goalkeeper too

I said after Saturday that i hoped there were no scouts watching him, because i believe he's better than what he's been able to show in a team that starts with no urgency or running in them, told to play back to the CBs in as sterile a travesty of football (yes, Football) as we've had to witness

One of the worst consequences for the club might well be that visiting scouts will report back unfavourably, thus diminishing his transfer value and costing the Dale potentially hundreds of thousands of pounds we desperately need

I attach no blame to Brierley for this

I see this slightly differently. Players look like world beaters but they soon get scouted. Kelly, Baah, Brierley all looked incredible at first, then opposition teams found a way to stop them playing.

Same for the runs Odoh and Mellor were making when we have a goal kick. By the time the Bradford game rolled round the runs were a known entity and easily snuffed out, leaving us to tap it around our own box.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Scholes on 12:31 - Apr 19 with 3052 viewsDaleiLama

Scholes on 11:45 - Apr 19 by tony_roch975

For me Taylor & Mellor had better games

And me too, but maybe the more motms he gets, the higher his price might end up being? I can hope.

Edit: Also thought Danny Lloyd had another great game.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2023 12:33]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Login to get fewer ads

Scholes on 12:42 - Apr 19 with 3002 viewsNorthernDale

It may that Blackburn withdraw from signing him?

In respect to Paul Scholes, I wonder if he is a contender for the managers job.
Scholes on 14:14 - Apr 19 with 2781 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Scholes on 12:42 - Apr 19 by NorthernDale

It may that Blackburn withdraw from signing him?

In respect to Paul Scholes, I wonder if he is a contender for the managers job.

I believe Scholes scouts for Salford on a pretty much informal basis so that’s the most likely reason he was there. Unless United are looking at him which seems unlikely.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024