Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goodnight Vienna 17:11 - Apr 22 with 14449 viewssince58

Absolutely gutted, 60+years supporting Dale and it comes to such a pathetic end to losing league status in worst lge2 in living memory.
Goodnight Vienna on 17:20 - Apr 22 with 8767 viewskel

1 shot in 90 minutes sums this lot up. Still, apparently it’s better to be defensive rather than try to score.
Goodnight Vienna on 17:22 - Apr 22 with 8723 viewsEllDale

I’ve put in over 60 years myself and never thought it would come to this even in the dark days of the 1970s.
I suppose we’ve always been punching above our weight in many ways but it’s still a sickener and probably won’t fully sink in until the fixtures for next season come out.
We owe it to all those who went before us to stay strong though and keep on going.
Goodnight Vienna on 17:26 - Apr 22 with 8682 viewsBeast6666

Not a surprise at all, totally expected and a relief it’s all over tbh - bring on National League, much more interesting and very competitive
Goodnight Vienna on 17:26 - Apr 22 with 8679 viewsCedar_Room

I think that’s me done. I started watching the Dale in the 80s when I was 6yo and we were pretty terrible. So it’s not like I’m not used to us being crap. But this is a new low. I’ve got no interest in watching a non league team. Just haven’t. Perhaps in the unlikely event we get involved in a promotion push (at some point) I’ll come back but I have no plans to attend another Rochdale game. This club has lost something monumental today and I very much fear for its future. I can’t keep putting myself through this sh1t. All the best to any of you brave enough to stick around but I said a few months ago and got shouted down for it that relegation puts us in just as much of a perilous situation as if MH had achieved their takeover. This still seems true to me today. Absolute disaster.
Goodnight Vienna on 17:29 - Apr 22 with 8631 viewssince58

Goodnight Vienna on 17:20 - Apr 22 by kel

1 shot in 90 minutes sums this lot up. Still, apparently it’s better to be defensive rather than try to score.

Brothel springs to mind. They couldnt score on Milkstone Road ffs.
Goodnight Vienna on 17:37 - Apr 22 with 8549 viewsBarrowdale

I will put myself through it if we have an entertaining product. I dont want to watch walking backwards football though. Its up to the club now.
Goodnight Vienna on 17:38 - Apr 22 with 8520 viewsDaleFan7

As others have said, it feels like a relief for it all to be over. It doesn't matter to me whether I'm watching us against Fleetwood in League One or Halifax in the National League, I'll still be there on a Saturday though it is disappointing, as long as I've got a club to watch that's okay. Though I do have a niggling fear for the club in the back of my mind, at the moment it just feels like we're in freefall with nothing to arrest the slide even on the horizon.
Goodnight Vienna on 17:51 - Apr 22 with 8395 viewsDale2017

Goodnight Vienna on 17:26 - Apr 22 by Cedar_Room

I think that’s me done. I started watching the Dale in the 80s when I was 6yo and we were pretty terrible. So it’s not like I’m not used to us being crap. But this is a new low. I’ve got no interest in watching a non league team. Just haven’t. Perhaps in the unlikely event we get involved in a promotion push (at some point) I’ll come back but I have no plans to attend another Rochdale game. This club has lost something monumental today and I very much fear for its future. I can’t keep putting myself through this sh1t. All the best to any of you brave enough to stick around but I said a few months ago and got shouted down for it that relegation puts us in just as much of a perilous situation as if MH had achieved their takeover. This still seems true to me today. Absolute disaster.

If that's your attitude don't bother coming back even if we are near the top
Login to get fewer ads

Goodnight Vienna on 17:53 - Apr 22 with 8350 viewselectricblue

I had my first Spotland visit in the early 70s with my mate and his dad.
Walking through the sandy turnstyles and then a walk up and down the lethal hump....
Almost 50yrs as a supporter and ive seen some dross on a terrible pitch and in the late 70s i remember the re-election vote and then it happened again a couple seasons later...
Terrible times....
But Dale managed to stay in div4 and to this day i thought it would never happen in my life time until the BBM, Stockdale, Bentley eras...

Sad times indeed but that is football for you...

I blame the current board myself for not getting shot of Stockdale in May2022 as the writing was on the wall that season.

I just hope the BoD have a plan for next season and i dont just mean selling the club....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Goodnight Vienna on 17:54 - Apr 22 with 8339 viewsSuddenLad

Goodnight Vienna on 17:29 - Apr 22 by since58

Brothel springs to mind. They couldnt score on Milkstone Road ffs.

Is there a brothel on Milkstone Road? What number?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Goodnight Vienna on 18:01 - Apr 22 with 8266 viewssince58

Goodnight Vienna on 17:51 - Apr 22 by Dale2017

People are upset mate2 nite take it with a pinch of salt. Tomrrows another day. Its gone with tbe wind. 😄😄😄
Goodnight Vienna on 18:08 - Apr 22 with 8196 viewswhambarplj

Goodnight Vienna on 18:01 - Apr 22 by since58

People are upset mate2 nite take it with a pinch of salt. Tomrrows another day. Its gone with tbe wind. 😄😄😄

Look, we suffered the ultimate price but we now fight another battle and its been great, certainly plenty to look forward to and enjoy.

You will be surprised by the quality in the lower leagues.

You have a better chance than us of getting back in my life time, just enjoy the ride, (where have i heard that before?)
Goodnight Vienna on 18:12 - Apr 22 with 8151 viewsdavidab2202

Goodnight Vienna on 18:08 - Apr 22 by whambarplj

Look, we suffered the ultimate price but we now fight another battle and its been great, certainly plenty to look forward to and enjoy.

You will be surprised by the quality in the lower leagues.

You have a better chance than us of getting back in my life time, just enjoy the ride, (where have i heard that before?)

Milkstone Road?
Goodnight Vienna (n/t) on 18:14 - Apr 22 with 8120 viewssince58

Goodnight Vienna on 17:54 - Apr 22 by SuddenLad

Is there a brothel on Milkstone Road? What number?

Goodnight Vienna on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 8096 viewsCedar_Room

[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 18:17]
Goodnight Vienna on 18:16 - Apr 22 with 8090 viewsAussieShaymen

If it's any consolation, you'll get more media exposure next season as you'll probably get on BT Sport a few times Next season
Goodnight Vienna on 18:19 - Apr 22 with 8047 views49thseason

So.
Farewell then
Football league

We got to your Cup Final
Once

You didnt stop Morton House in time and you encouraged
Rodger
The Bodger

And you paid 80%
Of everything
To the Championship
And forced the Papa Johns Trophy on us

Thanks for
Nothing
Frankly.
EJ Throbb (63)
Goodnight Vienna on 18:21 - Apr 22 with 8019 viewsEllDale

Brilliant
Goodnight Vienna (n/t) on 18:21 - Apr 22 with 8020 viewssince58

Goodnight Vienna (n/t) on 18:14 - Apr 22 by since58

69 up or down whichever you fancy. 😛😛😛
Goodnight Vienna on 18:53 - Apr 22 with 7785 viewsandyk

Cedar_room. That’s the spirit! Dear me
[Post edited 22 Apr 2023 18:55]
Goodnight Vienna on 19:09 - Apr 22 with 7667 viewsSouthStockportHatter

Goodnight Vienna on 17:26 - Apr 22 by Cedar_Room

Don't give up on Dale. Non league can be shit but look at County. We dropped to the north, regrouped and now are back stronger than we've been since the 90s. Weirdly some of the most enjoyable games I've experienced as a County fan were in the 6th tier and our promotion out of that division was probably a bigger deal than any of the promotions I've experienced. As long as you have a club to support it's worth it.

I know how much relegation into non league hurts. Especially with barely a whimper. But it is not the end.
Goodnight Vienna on 19:12 - Apr 22 with 7648 viewsSouthStockportHatter

Goodnight Vienna on 19:09 - Apr 22 by SouthStockportHatter

Don't give up on Dale. Non league can be shit but look at County. We dropped to the north, regrouped and now are back stronger than we've been since the 90s. Weirdly some of the most enjoyable games I've experienced as a County fan were in the 6th tier and our promotion out of that division was probably a bigger deal than any of the promotions I've experienced. As long as you have a club to support it's worth it.

I know how much relegation into non league hurts. Especially with barely a whimper. But it is not the end.

Also the BT Sport coverage is really good.
Goodnight Vienna on 19:20 - Apr 22 with 7578 viewsdalenumber2

One of my Oldham Athletic friends said it has been the most enjoyable season for a long time, he has really enjoyed the different vibes at some of the grounds he has visited. A lot are more family orientated. A few weeks ago I felt that I wouldn’t be bothered next season but now I am strangely looking forward to it.
Goodnight Vienna on 19:23 - Apr 22 with 7543 viewsSaxonDale

Damage was done for this season from last January onwards. Looking back at the first game of the season, there are only 5 starters who played today and by then I presume the majority of the budget had been frittered away on players who quite simply are league standard.

Hindsight will also tell us that Bentley was the completely wrong manager for the job. In a squad desperately short on quality he seemed to fall out with too many players and didn’t get the most out of the ones he didn’t.

I know his style of football hasn’t been for everyone, but McNulty has been the only person to get any sort of tune out of this squad- whilst having ‘none of his own players’ and playing three teams in or around the play-offs.

If I was the board I’d be sitting McNulty down in the next week, asking how and where they can support him next season and what his visions are for the next year.* Following that I’d draw up and action plan to ensure real experience was brought in to support him**

* assuming there isn’t a great manager available with non-league football experience, who plays attacking football and will join a skint club who might have different owners in the next 3 months
**not Sammy Lee
Goodnight Vienna on 19:25 - Apr 22 with 7530 viewsDalenet

Goodnight Vienna on 17:51 - Apr 22 by Dale2017

No need for that. We have so few fans as it is we can't be divided. Fans are allowed to express a view and lets be honest we are all pretty gutted right now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024