Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season ticket prices 11:33 - Jun 2 with 26744 viewssomdale

I stand to be corrected, but i read that season tickets work out at £8.50 a game, if this is true I find it way under priced, I mean surely a minimum would be £10 a game, seems to me we have one of the lowest priced season tickets and one of the smallest fan bases, and I wonder how the club is to fight it's way back into the league with such a limited amount of income.
Is there anybody on here that thinks £10 a game would be too much?
Season ticket prices on 21:32 - Jun 3 with 2943 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 20:19 - Jun 3 by pioneer

Ok ….I get your point about value for money given the product on the field but this thread is about setting the price of season tickets……so in your opinion what should the price of season tickets be?

I think the prices are as high as they can go for most sections of the ground simply because the product on the pitch has been dire for so long. In my opinion the prices are about right. I don't see how you can increase it when no other club in the EFL has had a worse home record than us over the last few years. If fans want to donate a extra £50/£100 when they pay for their ST I'm sure the club would take it. Maybe try one season where fans can pay whatever they think a season ticket should be, the club would get a better idea then when it comes to what the majority of fans think. I don't think they would risk that though. Some have stopped coming to games completely, that should be the major concern, not looking at increasing season ticket prices. There has been very little effort to promote season tickets around the Town or attract new fans by the club, so I don't agree with keep trying to milk the fans that we do have. If some want to pay more for their season ticket they should be allowed to do though, put a donation request on the applications. Those running the club struggle to even acknowledge the fans if the truth be known. What do you think the fans should pay?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 22:07]
Season ticket prices on 23:56 - Jun 3 with 2809 viewspioneer

Season ticket prices on 21:32 - Jun 3 by TalkingSutty

I think the prices are as high as they can go for most sections of the ground simply because the product on the pitch has been dire for so long. In my opinion the prices are about right. I don't see how you can increase it when no other club in the EFL has had a worse home record than us over the last few years. If fans want to donate a extra £50/£100 when they pay for their ST I'm sure the club would take it. Maybe try one season where fans can pay whatever they think a season ticket should be, the club would get a better idea then when it comes to what the majority of fans think. I don't think they would risk that though. Some have stopped coming to games completely, that should be the major concern, not looking at increasing season ticket prices. There has been very little effort to promote season tickets around the Town or attract new fans by the club, so I don't agree with keep trying to milk the fans that we do have. If some want to pay more for their season ticket they should be allowed to do though, put a donation request on the applications. Those running the club struggle to even acknowledge the fans if the truth be known. What do you think the fans should pay?
[Post edited 3 Jun 2023 22:07]

I doubt fans will get a better deal for season tickets elsewhere…by better deal I mean average price per ticket. I am not attempting to bring quality of football into the equation

But the walk up price is a major concern. I expect our season ticket base is an aging population and we need to find someway of sustaining it, never mind growing it. Certainly when I am around the north west on a weekend and look at the range of games on offer (and the admission prices) my Spotland ties are increasingly strained. Much less of a strain for midweek games when there is less competition. For example, if the Salford game had been on a Saturday I might have been tempted to go elsewhere and missed the one delicious, unforgettable historic moment from last season.
Season ticket prices on 00:17 - Jun 4 with 2798 viewsSandyman

The walk-up price and lack of cash turnstiles (thanks Bottomley) is unhelpful. As TS said, given the quality on offer at home games (and the loss of league status) the walk-up isn't exactly going to be a popular option unless form, marketing, price and ticketing flexibility improves for the fan/customer. I think we'll be dealing with small numbers in that market unless 2023/24 looks like being successful.
Season ticket prices on 00:22 - Jun 4 with 2794 viewsJames1980

Walk up price for under 21s is excellent value imo max £14 and with a discount card between £5 and £9.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season ticket prices on 05:20 - Jun 4 with 2753 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 23:56 - Jun 3 by pioneer

I doubt fans will get a better deal for season tickets elsewhere…by better deal I mean average price per ticket. I am not attempting to bring quality of football into the equation

But the walk up price is a major concern. I expect our season ticket base is an aging population and we need to find someway of sustaining it, never mind growing it. Certainly when I am around the north west on a weekend and look at the range of games on offer (and the admission prices) my Spotland ties are increasingly strained. Much less of a strain for midweek games when there is less competition. For example, if the Salford game had been on a Saturday I might have been tempted to go elsewhere and missed the one delicious, unforgettable historic moment from last season.

I think it also needs to be remembered that for many season tickets holders the price of their season tickets ( i purchase two adult ST) isn't their major outlay during the season when it comes to attending home games. I spend money in the Dale Bar/ Ratcliffe on drinks and sometimes food before every game if it's available, buy a programme and half time draw tickets. I also purchase items from the club shop periodically and all of that money equates to more than I spend on season tickets during the season. There will be hundreds of fans who do the same as me. So investing in the club doesn't just come down to buying season tickets, fans contribute in many other ways. Then you have the extra expense of attending away games which also falls under the remit of supporting your team. If i purely wanted to just turn up for the game and watch it without contributing in other ways to help boost the coffers it would be cheaper for me to buy season tickets at the Etihad or Old Trafford. There are more subtle ways of extracting money from loyal fans than just increasing the price of season tickets, especially at a time when most people are struggling to make ends meet and a lot of fans are attending out of a sense of duty rather than expectancy. Some people think ST sales will stay roughly the same for next season but it wouldn't surprise me if they fall by about 20% or even more, that will be interesting to see. I know three people who sit near me who definitely won't be renewing, they've had enough of it, the football's been dreadful to watch for too long.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 5:50]
Season ticket prices on 08:22 - Jun 4 with 2690 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 23:56 - Jun 3 by pioneer

I'm not sure i understand what you mean by a 'better deal'. I agree the season tickets are cheap when compared to other clubs but they aren't a good deal and haven't been for years. The overwhelming majority of home games are atritional to watch and devoid of any real entertainment. Sometimes we see maybe only two or three decent efforts on target, we see players who aren't even fit enough to get up and down the pitch and watch a style of football designed to put glass eyes to seep..Then we get managers doing post match interviews who clearly think the fans are daft and can't see a performance for what it is. Some even think playing in front of 2000 home fans can equate to a difficult and hostile environment for the players. They're all excuses for failure. Throw in the fact that those running the club need to be virtually put into a Boston Crab in order to communicate with the paying customer and you can see why to some the price of the ST isn't a good deal, i'm one of those who thinks that.

The club isn't being run properly especially from a commercial aspect and unless things change quickly I fear for it's survival, that's more important than increasing season tickets by a few quid. The Chairman stated that the Directors and himself would have the club firing on all cylinders and maximising all revenue streams, each Director would have their own designated responsibilities and there would be monthly meetings to ensure targets where met and the club was progressing in the right direction. He also mentioned inclusivity, involving the whole of the Town and making it a community club. None of that has happened and before plans had even had chance to be put in place they had performed a massive U-turn and more or less put the club up for sale. So there is scope to increase all the revenue streams if the club is being run properly by people with the expertise, desire and time to do it. It can't be just down to the few fans to keep paying extra.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 9:02]
Season ticket prices on 09:32 - Jun 4 with 2631 viewspioneer

Season ticket prices on 08:22 - Jun 4 by TalkingSutty

I'm not sure i understand what you mean by a 'better deal'. I agree the season tickets are cheap when compared to other clubs but they aren't a good deal and haven't been for years. The overwhelming majority of home games are atritional to watch and devoid of any real entertainment. Sometimes we see maybe only two or three decent efforts on target, we see players who aren't even fit enough to get up and down the pitch and watch a style of football designed to put glass eyes to seep..Then we get managers doing post match interviews who clearly think the fans are daft and can't see a performance for what it is. Some even think playing in front of 2000 home fans can equate to a difficult and hostile environment for the players. They're all excuses for failure. Throw in the fact that those running the club need to be virtually put into a Boston Crab in order to communicate with the paying customer and you can see why to some the price of the ST isn't a good deal, i'm one of those who thinks that.

The club isn't being run properly especially from a commercial aspect and unless things change quickly I fear for it's survival, that's more important than increasing season tickets by a few quid. The Chairman stated that the Directors and himself would have the club firing on all cylinders and maximising all revenue streams, each Director would have their own designated responsibilities and there would be monthly meetings to ensure targets where met and the club was progressing in the right direction. He also mentioned inclusivity, involving the whole of the Town and making it a community club. None of that has happened and before plans had even had chance to be put in place they had performed a massive U-turn and more or less put the club up for sale. So there is scope to increase all the revenue streams if the club is being run properly by people with the expertise, desire and time to do it. It can't be just down to the few fans to keep paying extra.

I stated clearly what I meant by a better deal….based on average price per game.

I dont understand what you are suggesting the club should do re season ticket prices. I think few if any will disagree with you about what has been provided over the last few seasons, but does that mean you think season ticket prices should be reduced to something like 5quid per game. I dont think it would make a difference to numbers bought so it would simply represent a further revenue loss for the club.
Season ticket prices on 10:00 - Jun 4 with 2607 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 09:32 - Jun 4 by pioneer

I stated clearly what I meant by a better deal….based on average price per game.

I dont understand what you are suggesting the club should do re season ticket prices. I think few if any will disagree with you about what has been provided over the last few seasons, but does that mean you think season ticket prices should be reduced to something like 5quid per game. I dont think it would make a difference to numbers bought so it would simply represent a further revenue loss for the club.

No, i don't think they should be reduced at all. You asked me what i thought the price should be and i stated that i think they are about right. I disagreed that they are a good deal or value for money. Some of those who choose to stand in the Sandy Lane might feel like they want to pay more but i pay £250 and I think that's enough. As I suggested the club could always give the option at the payment point for a extra donation if individuals feel as though they want to do. I could save nearly £150 on my two season tickets by switching to the Sandy Lane but i haven't done. Everybody who buys a ST is doing their bit, no matter how much they pay. Increasing the price of season tickets won't increase attendances and that should be the priority alongside trying to increase the entertainment levels on the pitch.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2023 10:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Season ticket prices on 10:05 - Jun 4 with 2600 viewselectricblue

Season ticket prices on 08:22 - Jun 4 by TalkingSutty

"The Chairman stated that the Directors and himself would have the club firing on all cylinders and maximising all revenue streams, each Director would have their own designated responsibilities and there would be monthly meetings to ensure targets where met and the club was progressing in the right direction. He also mentioned inclusivity, involving the whole of the Town and making it a community club."

I do not think that the chairman and whoever on the BoD know or have the experience to achieve this at all this is part of why some supporters are turning against them...
They should not promise to do this and that when they havent a clue...
I hope that im wrong on this but there are many avenues as mentioned on this forum on how to raise revenues but nothing comes out of the club......

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Season ticket prices on 10:12 - Jun 4 with 2596 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 10:05 - Jun 4 by electricblue

"The Chairman stated that the Directors and himself would have the club firing on all cylinders and maximising all revenue streams, each Director would have their own designated responsibilities and there would be monthly meetings to ensure targets where met and the club was progressing in the right direction. He also mentioned inclusivity, involving the whole of the Town and making it a community club."

I do not think that the chairman and whoever on the BoD know or have the experience to achieve this at all this is part of why some supporters are turning against them...
They should not promise to do this and that when they havent a clue...
I hope that im wrong on this but there are many avenues as mentioned on this forum on how to raise revenues but nothing comes out of the club......

Well it appears as though lines of communications have been opened so let's see what comes out of the meetings. The Chairman himself needs to drive these meetings alongside the Trust, and us the fans need to all try to help in whatever capacity we can
Season ticket prices on 14:06 - Jun 4 with 2442 viewselectricblue

Season ticket prices on 10:12 - Jun 4 by TalkingSutty

Well it appears as though lines of communications have been opened so let's see what comes out of the meetings. The Chairman himself needs to drive these meetings alongside the Trust, and us the fans need to all try to help in whatever capacity we can

I think tnat the Trust need to push the board into action tbh use their weight as the major shareholder...

Also i the trust should be pushing some of the excellent fund rasing ideas to help the and the trust trust could also take on board some of these ideas aswell..

Season ticket prices on 14:16 - Jun 4 with 2427 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 14:06 - Jun 4 by electricblue

I think tnat the Trust need to push the board into action tbh use their weight as the major shareholder...

Also i the trust should be pushing some of the excellent fund rasing ideas to help the and the trust trust could also take on board some of these ideas aswell..

Fan engagement programme by judd 2 Jun 2023 12:41
https://www.daletrust.co.uk/2023/06/fan-engagement-programme-for-23-24/

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket prices on 16:15 - Jun 5 with 2138 viewswatford_dale

Season ticket prices on 22:12 - Jun 2 by James1980

How do our prices compare to the rest of NL?

This season, the average was about £21 - 22 in the NL - best being £18 and I believe Oldham may have been around the £25 mark.
Season ticket prices on 16:24 - Jun 5 with 2120 viewsThreeLions

Season ticket prices on 00:17 - Jun 4 by Sandyman

The walk-up price and lack of cash turnstiles (thanks Bottomley) is unhelpful. As TS said, given the quality on offer at home games (and the loss of league status) the walk-up isn't exactly going to be a popular option unless form, marketing, price and ticketing flexibility improves for the fan/customer. I think we'll be dealing with small numbers in that market unless 2023/24 looks like being successful.

The walk up price and accessibility to the ground in this format should.be addressed immediately. The club must have lost thousands of entrance fees due to the barriers people face who want to just rock up and attend maybe as a last minute decision. Open one turnstile in each stand to cash payments is a start
Season ticket prices on 16:41 - Jun 5 with 2075 viewswatford_dale

Season ticket prices on 16:24 - Jun 5 by ThreeLions

The walk up price and accessibility to the ground in this format should.be addressed immediately. The club must have lost thousands of entrance fees due to the barriers people face who want to just rock up and attend maybe as a last minute decision. Open one turnstile in each stand to cash payments is a start

Absolutely, we should have 2 or 3 people from the ticket office to sell tickets outside the ground like railway inspectors do. Reduce the time it will take them to change their minds and walking up to a ticket office and queuing will do that.
Season ticket prices on 16:44 - Jun 5 with 2070 views49thseason

Apparently over 200 STs were sold today.... twice as many as last season...
Season ticket prices on 20:16 - Jun 5 with 1911 viewsTVOS1907

Season ticket prices on 16:44 - Jun 5 by 49thseason

Apparently over 200 STs were sold today.... twice as many as last season...

But last season there wasn't a one-week window for people to reserve their current seats.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Season ticket prices on 20:23 - Jun 5 with 1897 viewspioneer

That suggests the ‘initiative’ is working
Season ticket prices on 20:54 - Jun 5 with 1856 viewsDalenet

Season ticket prices on 20:23 - Jun 5 by pioneer

That suggests the ‘initiative’ is working

I expected 1000 sales today - the majority are being encouraged to renew online. So 200 sales by 4pm seems really low to me.
Season ticket prices on 22:05 - Jun 5 with 1769 viewsJames1980

I'm waiting till the fixtures are released this time. My season ticket was for The SL so don't need to worry about a reserved seat.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Season ticket prices on 08:15 - Jun 6 with 1613 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 14:06 - Jun 4 by electricblue

It's very easy to say the Trust should be doing this or doing that. It's convenient sometimes and it isn't fair.I've been guilty of it myself down the years. It's the Chairman who should be showing leadership and expertise, It's the Chairman who should be ensuring everybody in the boardroom are pulling their weight and setting a example for everybody else to follow. Does he do that?

It's the Chairman who should be actively embracing all offers of help from all quarters and thoroughly investigating every opportunity for the benefit of the club and the shareholders he is representing, not for the benefit of him and his Directors or any other individuals outside the boardroom who think they should be involved in the decision making processes. What did he think of his meeting with Chris Dunphyand the ideas he and his consortium put forward, did he discuss him perhaps helping in the boardroom, all valuable experience. I'm assuming he had the manners to to at least meet him. Did he even do that?

Is the Chairman showing real leadership qualities and is he galvanising the Trust and the fanbase?

Is the Chairman even fit for purpose to be running the club and if so what qualities does he display apart from the money that he's used to buy shares? The main quality i see is that he's very good when it comes to talking at people, rather than talking to them. The key to good communication is having the ability to listen to what's being said by others even if you don't like tge message, does he struggle with that?

What criteria was used when it came to him being appointed Chairman, does he have experience of running a multi million pound business/ budget...as he ever been involved in running or owning a business?

It's about time all the shareholders were also updated on the progress regarding these numerous investors who the club were in talks with at the time that Dunphy expressed his interest last month. I'm assuming at least one of those has progressed? How many 'live' bids aee currently on going? As shareholders this is information that should be available without revealing any names and they are all questions that are relevant in relation to how the club is being run. How do those in the Boardroom, specifically the Chairman, expect fans or the Trust to purchase further shares when he is so reluctant to talk to us about OUR football club?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 9:34]
Season ticket prices on 10:31 - Jun 6 with 1442 viewsA_Newby

Season ticket prices on 20:16 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

But last season there wasn't a one-week window for people to reserve their current seats.

In my opinion the number of season cards sold is not the important figure. The revenue raised from the season card sales is.

How much revenue was raised from the 200 season cards sold? It could be as high as £62,000 or as low as £15,000.

Edit - sorry not meant as a reply to TVOS comment.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 11:58]
Season ticket prices on 11:26 - Jun 6 with 1360 viewsHullDale

Season ticket prices on 10:31 - Jun 6 by A_Newby

In my opinion the number of season cards sold is not the important figure. The revenue raised from the season card sales is.

How much revenue was raised from the 200 season cards sold? It could be as high as £62,000 or as low as £15,000.

Edit - sorry not meant as a reply to TVOS comment.
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 11:58]

This is a key question for me, as is whether the 300 additional season tickets being given to the 74 schools in the borough are being included in the daily total.

300/6 days of 'early bird' is an extra 50 a day, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're being included in the running total to try and create a bit of a buzz and a sense of urgency.

If not, 200 actual sales on day one is decent... probably helped by the shorter than normal renewal period in seated areas (& the need for people in 1/4 of the family stand to find somewhere else to sit).
Season ticket prices on 11:40 - Jun 6 with 1336 viewsTalkingSutty

Season ticket prices on 11:26 - Jun 6 by HullDale

This is a key question for me, as is whether the 300 additional season tickets being given to the 74 schools in the borough are being included in the daily total.

300/6 days of 'early bird' is an extra 50 a day, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're being included in the running total to try and create a bit of a buzz and a sense of urgency.

If not, 200 actual sales on day one is decent... probably helped by the shorter than normal renewal period in seated areas (& the need for people in 1/4 of the family stand to find somewhere else to sit).

A big week this week, shifting season tickets is vital. It might just be me but why isn't the Chairman issuing a rally cry to the whole of the Town? He should be front and centre this week trying to boost interest, yesterday was the perfect time for it. Instead you don't hear a sound from him. Sorry to keep harping on about him but this is the basics when it comes to communication
Season ticket prices on 11:56 - Jun 6 with 1318 viewselectricblue

Season ticket prices on 08:15 - Jun 6 by TalkingSutty

It's very easy to say the Trust should be doing this or doing that. It's convenient sometimes and it isn't fair.I've been guilty of it myself down the years. It's the Chairman who should be showing leadership and expertise, It's the Chairman who should be ensuring everybody in the boardroom are pulling their weight and setting a example for everybody else to follow. Does he do that?

It's the Chairman who should be actively embracing all offers of help from all quarters and thoroughly investigating every opportunity for the benefit of the club and the shareholders he is representing, not for the benefit of him and his Directors or any other individuals outside the boardroom who think they should be involved in the decision making processes. What did he think of his meeting with Chris Dunphyand the ideas he and his consortium put forward, did he discuss him perhaps helping in the boardroom, all valuable experience. I'm assuming he had the manners to to at least meet him. Did he even do that?

Is the Chairman showing real leadership qualities and is he galvanising the Trust and the fanbase?

Is the Chairman even fit for purpose to be running the club and if so what qualities does he display apart from the money that he's used to buy shares? The main quality i see is that he's very good when it comes to talking at people, rather than talking to them. The key to good communication is having the ability to listen to what's being said by others even if you don't like tge message, does he struggle with that?

What criteria was used when it came to him being appointed Chairman, does he have experience of running a multi million pound business/ budget...as he ever been involved in running or owning a business?

It's about time all the shareholders were also updated on the progress regarding these numerous investors who the club were in talks with at the time that Dunphy expressed his interest last month. I'm assuming at least one of those has progressed? How many 'live' bids aee currently on going? As shareholders this is information that should be available without revealing any names and they are all questions that are relevant in relation to how the club is being run. How do those in the Boardroom, specifically the Chairman, expect fans or the Trust to purchase further shares when he is so reluctant to talk to us about OUR football club?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2023 9:34]

This trust should be pushing for this and that being a major shareholder and getting answers for its members.
The chairman and the BoD are answerable to the shareholders are they not! Even though the BoD own shares themselves.
The chairman or the BoD are imho are treating tbe running of the club like a closed shop just like previous boards etc..

Regular updates would not go a miss and putting to bed peoples fear of the uncertainty, it dont matter if the season as finshed the club is a 7 days a week operative and the BoD should make the time for a video of a few minutes each week...

Am i being critical yes i maybe but it is how currently feel and others will also be in the same frame of mind..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024