Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wim-BALL-don?? 09:48 - Jul 22 with 7881 viewsrkershaw

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1189381659?-1906:1007
Wim-BALL-don?? on 10:08 - Jul 22 with 6673 viewsSuddenLad

Rochdale Ace ?? !!!

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wim-BALL-don?? on 10:19 - Jul 22 with 6645 views49thseason

Can we hsve a whip round for a taxi?
Wim-BALL-don?? on 10:59 - Jul 22 with 6538 viewsNorthernDale

If he is going, then I hope that McNulty has another player lined up, with the experience we may need over the coming season.

The one player, who I feel it is essential we keep is Rodney, his goals this coming season could be the difference between a good season and another season of woe.
Wim-BALL-don?? on 11:35 - Jul 22 with 6426 views_Windydale

I think he needs to go to another club as soon as possible.
When his performances go on a download spiral the boo boys will be ready to get on his back. Hes too thin skinned to ignore it and his moody demeaner may affect the dressing room.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 11:36]
Wim-BALL-don?? on 11:42 - Jul 22 with 6394 viewselectricblue

Wim-BALL-don?? on 10:59 - Jul 22 by NorthernDale

If he is going, then I hope that McNulty has another player lined up, with the experience we may need over the coming season.

The one player, who I feel it is essential we keep is Rodney, his goals this coming season could be the difference between a good season and another season of woe.

Before Afuye signed Jim said he needs another 3 to 4 players so if ball leaves that still leaves the squad wanting 3 or 4 players...

Plus Wimbledons will have to cough up some money(£100k) aswell.....

[Post edited 22 Jul 2023 11:46]

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wim-BALL-don?? on 12:07 - Jul 22 with 6282 viewskel

Wim-BALL-don?? on 11:42 - Jul 22 by electricblue

Before Afuye signed Jim said he needs another 3 to 4 players so if ball leaves that still leaves the squad wanting 3 or 4 players...

Bit early to start drinking.
Wim-BALL-don?? on 12:19 - Jul 22 with 6246 viewsforeverhopefulDale

£100,000 👏😃

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Wim-BALL-don?? on 12:21 - Jul 22 with 6229 viewsBigKindo

Wim-BALL-don?? on 12:07 - Jul 22 by kel

Oh I don't know about that. Sun's s over the yardarm somewhere in the footballing world. Maybe he can get us tickets for the tennis next summer.
Login to get fewer ads

Wim-BALL-don?? on 12:38 - Jul 22 with 6149 viewsBigKindo

Does that include the 20% VAT?
Wim-BALL-don?? on 14:14 - Jul 22 with 5883 viewsDaleiLama

Wim-BALL-don?? on 12:07 - Jul 22 by kel

Or the missing H turned up?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Wim-BALL-don?? on 14:46 - Jul 22 with 5771 viewselectricblue

According to you lot £100k is to much for James Ball...
I actually think Ball would become a decent player at this level for Dale next season.

The club need to recoup the monies paid for Ball after splashing out on him and Campbell, Charman....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Wim-BALL-don?? on 15:58 - Jul 22 with 5605 views442Dale

Wim-BALL-don?? on 14:46 - Jul 22 by electricblue

I actually think Ball would become a decent player at this level for Dale next season.

The club need to recoup the monies paid for Ball after splashing out on him and Campbell, Charman....

Of course we’d like to get money for any player, in this case it’s a player we will be looking to get off our books and therefore there’s no need to be talking about silly fees.

He might well do a job for someone else, he hasn’t at Rochdale and it’s pretty clear a move would be good for all parties.

Except Wimbledon.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wim-BALL-don?? on 09:50 - Jul 23 with 4942 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Wim-BALL-don?? on 14:46 - Jul 22 by electricblue

You are havin a laf if you fink that Balls worth 100 k, even if he would be decent at this level for Dale. Yes we could do with recoopin money for other players but unfortunately we don't have any sellable assets worth that kind of money, yet......
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 16:51]

Wim-BALL-don?? on 10:34 - Jul 23 with 4858 viewsEllDale

This is a difficult one.
Has Ball fallen behind Clayton, Gilmour and Johnson in the midfield pecking order?
If so, unless BJ can reinvent him in a different position, he could be an expensive adornment to the subs bench.
So if someone does offer money for him, no matter how much, would the club accept it just to get him off the payroll? Having said that, does he want to uproot himself to somewhere like Wimbledon?It’s s shame really because he came with a good reputation. He wasn’t captain at Solihull for nothing. He may have have reached the point of no return with abusive fans though.
And in response to the previous post, the most saleable items on the books are rapidly becoming Kelly and Nevett, not Ball, in my opinion.
Wim-BALL-don?? on 11:07 - Jul 23 with 4776 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Wim-BALL-don?? on 10:34 - Jul 23 by EllDale

This is a difficult one.
Has Ball fallen behind Clayton, Gilmour and Johnson in the midfield pecking order?
If so, unless BJ can reinvent him in a different position, he could be an expensive adornment to the subs bench.
So if someone does offer money for him, no matter how much, would the club accept it just to get him off the payroll? Having said that, does he want to uproot himself to somewhere like Wimbledon?It’s s shame really because he came with a good reputation. He wasn’t captain at Solihull for nothing. He may have have reached the point of no return with abusive fans though.
And in response to the previous post, the most saleable items on the books are rapidly becoming Kelly and Nevett, not Ball, in my opinion.

Yes Ball is not our most saleable asset, and basically I believe any amount of money would be good business to get him off our books, unless JM believes he can do a good job.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2023 11:33]

Wim-BALL-don?? on 11:46 - Jul 23 with 4671 viewsNorthernDale

I think that Ball could be useful in the NL, with his experience at this level, but at the same time, a number of posters have made valid points, that if Ball plays poorly in any game, the boo boys will be on his back. It is up to the board, Jim and Ball to decide, once the right offer comes in, is the move right for him or not.

I would be more concerned at losing Rodney, then Ball and if Wimbledon wants to put in a good offer for him, then good luck to him, if he decides to go.
Wim-BALL-don?? on 11:54 - Jul 23 with 4623 viewsDrigdale

Wim-BALL-don?? on 11:46 - Jul 23 by NorthernDale

I think that Ball could be useful in the NL, with his experience at this level, but at the same time, a number of posters have made valid points, that if Ball plays poorly in any game, the boo boys will be on his back. It is up to the board, Jim and Ball to decide, once the right offer comes in, is the move right for him or not.

I would be more concerned at losing Rodney, then Ball and if Wimbledon wants to put in a good offer for him, then good luck to him, if he decides to go.

I too think that Ball is a talented player at this level but unfortunately to date we have rarely seen it.
I hope the McNulty can get the best out of him as he would be a valuable asset.
I understand all the issues surrounding him and the safe bet would be to take anything offered and offload one of the presumably high earners.
Wim-BALL-don?? on 12:28 - Jul 23 with 4525 viewsTVOS1907

This is a difficult one.

It's obvious where Ball is in the pecking order.

He was a sub at Radcliffe, injured for Chorley, started but was subbed in a behind closed doors game v Tranmere and didn't feature at Walsall on Friday, on the same day as a transfer away from the club was rumoured.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Wim-BALL-don?? on 15:07 - Jul 23 with 4265 viewsBrierls

This would be a good move for all concerned. He needs to go.

Ball started really well in his first few games but then all we saw was half-arsed performances where he plodded around midfield like a 50 year old, pointing at others and telling them what to do. Even at that pace he couldn’t last 90 mins. From the outside, his attitude appears to be poor. From the inside, Bentley and McNulty don’t want anything to do with him. The relationship between the player and fans is toxic.

He may well have done a job at NL level before, he may go on to do a job at L2 level. Neither of those things mean it isn’t right that his Dale career comes to an end.

Suggestions of a £100K fee are laughable, I’d be surprised if any fee was received. We’ll just want to get him out of the club and off the wage bill.
Wim-BALL-don?? on 17:16 - Jul 23 with 4053 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Wim-BALL-don?? on 15:07 - Jul 23 by Brierls

This would be a good move for all concerned. He needs to go.

Ball started really well in his first few games but then all we saw was half-arsed performances where he plodded around midfield like a 50 year old, pointing at others and telling them what to do. Even at that pace he couldn’t last 90 mins. From the outside, his attitude appears to be poor. From the inside, Bentley and McNulty don’t want anything to do with him. The relationship between the player and fans is toxic.

He may well have done a job at NL level before, he may go on to do a job at L2 level. Neither of those things mean it isn’t right that his Dale career comes to an end.

Suggestions of a £100K fee are laughable, I’d be surprised if any fee was received. We’ll just want to get him out of the club and off the wage bill.

What a waste of talent this player has been.....a Pro- Footballer's career is short anyway but to destroy a whole season(and possibly into a 2nd one) by being completely arsey and lazy while taking the money is something he will surely regret in the future......does he have the talent there to have really kicked on?....if so it's a crying shame.

Time for all parties to go seperate ways.
Wim-BALL-don?? on 12:32 - Jul 24 with 3614 viewsAtThePeake

This is a difficult one.

I think there's been a bit of a reaction to the reaction with Ball. The fans getting on his back has made some supporters feel sorry for him and leap to his defence and try and fashion reasons for him to stay regarding experience at the level etc - but the facts are that he isn't very good and if he hasn't fallen behind those three in the pecking order then we need to seriously worry about the calibre of signings we're making. It would be good business to get him off the books, even on a free.

Tangled up in blue.

Wim-BALL-don?? on 13:56 - Jul 24 with 3391 viewssooty_dale

I think all would agree that his time at Dale has been underwhelming given the early promise he showed. A move would be good for all parties. He lacks the mobility, effort, fitness and ability to take the ball on the turn to be effective in the middle of the park. Can't see anything other than it being a free transfer and wage off our books.
Wim-BALL-don?? on 16:15 - Jul 24 with 3140 viewsSuddenLad

Wim-BALL-don?? on 13:56 - Jul 24 by sooty_dale

I think all would agree that his time at Dale has been underwhelming given the early promise he showed. A move would be good for all parties. He lacks the mobility, effort, fitness and ability to take the ball on the turn to be effective in the middle of the park. Can't see anything other than it being a free transfer and wage off our books.

He has been his own worst enemy. Lack of application, disinterest and an on-going issue with some of the crowd has been his downfall.

Whatever Shan and Stockdale thought they were getting didn't arrive. It was almost as if he didn't want to be here.

After a handful of games, I was agreeing with him. Poor attitude has cost him.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Wim-BALL-don?? on 18:32 - Jul 24 with 2925 views442Dale

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/july/jamesballdeparts_july2023/

Confirmed, free transfer.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Wim-BALL-don?? on 18:48 - Jul 24 with 2854 viewsEllDale

It would be churlish not to wish him well.
It suits all parties.
I just hope that BJ is given the freed up money from his wages to spend on someone else.
Is that the last of the big earners out of the club bar one obvious one but from what I can gather the lad in question looks like being successfully rehabilitated by the coach.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024