Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
York Sack Manager.. 18:34 - Aug 28 with 2873 viewsdale1968

Michael Morton Sacked after Game...
https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/yorkcityfc/23751982.michael-morton-sacked-york

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

York Sack Manager.. on 20:22 - Aug 28 with 2514 viewsblackdogblue

How many is that now… sacked after a Dale game 🤷‍♂️

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

York Sack Manager.. on 20:39 - Aug 28 with 2444 viewsjudd

York Sack Manager.. on 20:22 - Aug 28 by blackdogblue

How many is that now… sacked after a Dale game 🤷‍♂️

Good point.

We need to raise the bar higher.

We need a half time sacking or even a pre match warm up dismissal.

Poll: What is it to be then?

York Sack Manager.. on 20:54 - Aug 28 with 2370 views49thseason

It seems we are the club that has become the final straw for owners and directors of other clubs...Clearly they imagine we must be a walk-over, the club that never wins anything and therefore must be beatable by any measure. Failure against Rochdale must keep other managers awake at nights, sweating profusely at the prospect of not winning by 4 or 5 clear goals and being sacked within minutes of the final whistle if they don't deliver. I have to say it amuses me greatly!
We should start an honours board in the Dale dressing room at Spotland with a list of managers who have been sacked as a result of failing to beat us!
York Sack Manager.. on 21:08 - Aug 28 with 2305 viewsdawlishdale

it is a great source of amusement that so many Managers have bitten the dust shortly after being beaten by Dale. It's been going on for decades as well.

Might be my mind playing tricks, but didn't we see off two Managers from the same club in a few months or so once?
York Sack Manager.. on 21:37 - Aug 28 with 2191 viewsjudd

York Sack Manager.. on 21:08 - Aug 28 by dawlishdale

it is a great source of amusement that so many Managers have bitten the dust shortly after being beaten by Dale. It's been going on for decades as well.

Might be my mind playing tricks, but didn't we see off two Managers from the same club in a few months or so once?

Think it was Oxford. Graham Rix I think was one.

Poll: What is it to be then?

York Sack Manager.. on 21:46 - Aug 28 with 2159 viewsdale1968

Ex Stockport Player turned Mansfield Manager cant think of his name thats another one.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2023 22:02]

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

York Sack Manager.. on 21:56 - Aug 28 with 2109 viewsEllDale

To be fair York fans on the bus to the ground today were saying that the manager was in the last chance saloon as far as the owner was concerned.
If they didn’t win he was out and the axe came out pretty soon after the final whistle.
York Sack Manager.. on 22:04 - Aug 28 with 2088 viewsnordenblue

York Sack Manager.. on 20:54 - Aug 28 by 49thseason

It seems we are the club that has become the final straw for owners and directors of other clubs...Clearly they imagine we must be a walk-over, the club that never wins anything and therefore must be beatable by any measure. Failure against Rochdale must keep other managers awake at nights, sweating profusely at the prospect of not winning by 4 or 5 clear goals and being sacked within minutes of the final whistle if they don't deliver. I have to say it amuses me greatly!
We should start an honours board in the Dale dressing room at Spotland with a list of managers who have been sacked as a result of failing to beat us!

I listened to the Radio York commentary today and midway through they both kind of said "we're getting cut wide open all over the pitch and it's ONLY rochdale afc we're playing" not sure what they imagined before the game, but as biased as their commentary clearly was they both agreed the result was definitely the right one.
Login to get fewer ads

York Sack Manager.. on 22:50 - Aug 28 with 1936 viewsturnthescrew

Bobby Gould, Tony Cottee two more examples and Dave Hodgson was rumoured to have resigned at half time in the dressing room at Spotland as Darlo manager rather than be sacked at full time.
York Sack Manager.. on 23:16 - Aug 28 with 1873 views49thseason

Carlton Palmer?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024