Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale 09:55 - Sep 7 with 19922 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

Match Preview: Kidderminster vs Dale 7th Sep 2023 09:54
Decided to bring back the match previews on a 'whenever I actually have time' basis, starting with this weekend's trip to Aggborough. 0

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 22:44 - Sep 10 with 3458 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 20:01 - Sep 10 by TalkingSutty

It's a fine line and he walks it, he's scored a lot of goals by doing that. Swings and roundabouts i suppose.

While he's never been blessed with pace I'm guessing he tries even more so now to get as close as possible to the last man as knows he's never going to beat them in a sprint, as you say sometimes it works but undoubtedly he'll get caught offside a fair bit too if/when they step out.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 13:08 - Sep 12 with 2902 viewsAtThePeake

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 19:29 - Sep 10 by YouTubeDale

I spoke to Ian recently regarding his offsides...he just looked at me and grinned, you could tell he wanted to say so much but didn't know where to start, and in the end he said nothing. I bet one of his thoughts was, what do you know?
Like many I have seen nearly every home game he has played, only holidays have stopped my COA visits, and I have seen him play away at many grounds. Just hold your run for one more second and on the balance of probability you will score more goals was my comment. Talking to fellow supporters many disagree with me and say Ian should carry on doing what he does...
I went to the first away game of the season at Oxford City...I know Hendo got the winner by walking the ball into the net but earlier in the game...well, you tell me what happened ?

Ian, you're a great player but in my view you could be even greater !!!!!!!
[Post edited 10 Sep 2023 19:36]

How many goals has he scored by playing right on the edge of the offside that he wouldn't have scored if he held his run for half a second and allowed a defender to get in front of the ball?

More goals than any Rochdale player in history... On the balance of things, I'd say he knows what he's doing.

Tangled up in blue.

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 14:37 - Sep 12 with 2788 viewsA_Newby

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 13:08 - Sep 12 by AtThePeake

How many goals has he scored by playing right on the edge of the offside that he wouldn't have scored if he held his run for half a second and allowed a defender to get in front of the ball?

More goals than any Rochdale player in history... On the balance of things, I'd say he knows what he's doing.

I’ve watched the playback in slow motion of our free kick at the end of the Kidderminster game which includes some footage from behind the goal.

At the time of the kick being taken by Clayton both Hendo and Ebanks Landell are both in offside positions but neither have not yet committed an offside offence.

Ebanks Landell is just in an offside position. He is just inside the area a few inches ahead of his marker.

As the kick is taken Ebanks Landell moves forward to about halfway into the area accompanied by three Kidderminster players and then heads the ball towards Hendo who now looks to be possibly being played onside by one of the Kidderminster players who ran back with Ebanks-Landell. It is difficult to tell definitively from the camera angles.

However, whether Hendo was still in an offside position when the ball was headed forward to him was academic. I think the linesman had already flagged for the offside against Ebanks Landell before Hendo moved in to put the ball into the net.

If Ebanks Landell had not been in a just offside position when the kick was taken it may have been that Hendo could have scored a good poacher’s goal, justifying his “canny” decision to stand in an offside position as the free kick was being taken.

I do however think that in this case he would not have scored, the Kidderminster keeper I think was aware of the offside decision and only made a half-hearted attempt to stop the ball going into the net. He seemed more concerned with avoiding a collision with Hendo.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 14:44 - Sep 12 with 2777 viewsChaffRAFC

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 13:08 - Sep 12 by AtThePeake

I try and play darts every week but I wouldn't tell MVG he needs to work more on his switching to 19's to be a better player.

Obviously everyone is entitled to their opinion and watching Ian Henderson can be frustrating when he's given offside so often. I always thought the same of Matty Done and Kevin Townson too. But the guy is 38 years old, has nearly 700 career appearances and is Rochdale's record goalscorer. He isn't a youngster trying to make his way in the game.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 18:39 - Oct 14 with 2279 viewsYouTubeDale

Hendo scoring today against Hereford...but offside again.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 18:41 - Oct 14 with 2251 views442Dale

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 18:39 - Oct 14 by YouTubeDale

Hendo scoring today against Hereford...but offside again.

Hendo scoring the winner at Dorking when marginally onside. Really not sure what else he’s supposed to be doing differently?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 15:57 - Nov 11 with 1757 viewsYouTubeDale

Hendo scoring today against Wealdstone...but offside again.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 15:58]

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 16:47 - Nov 11 with 1501 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 15:57 - Nov 11 by YouTubeDale

Folks obsession with Hendo being always "offside" is just plain weird
Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:05 - Nov 11 with 1368 viewsJames1980

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 16:47 - Nov 11 by nordenblue

Folks obsession with Hendo being always "offside" is just plain weird

If it wasn't for Hendo's offsides we'd have won the treble by now 🙃

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:08 - Nov 11 with 1328 views442Dale

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 15:57 - Nov 11 by YouTubeDale

Well he didn’t score then, did he?

It’s been proven it’s a non-argument.

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:14 - Nov 11 with 1283 viewsYouTubeDale

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:08 - Nov 11 by 442Dale

Well he didn’t score then, did he?

It’s been proven it’s a non-argument.

Who has proved it ?????
It's a debate and I am logging the occurrences. I may have missed some other examples, but at least I am trying to shine a light on a possible problem that may be looked at in training.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 17:16]

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:20 - Nov 11 with 1236 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:14 - Nov 11 by YouTubeDale

Who has proved it ?????
It's a debate and I am logging the occurrences. I may have missed some other examples, but at least I am trying to shine a light on a possible problem that may be looked at in training.

How many times is Harry Kane offside during any given game?

Players like Adebayor playing at the very top was offside 328 times in his career, what's your point?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 17:23]
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:26 - Nov 11 with 1182 views442Dale

Who has proved it ?????

As in people have pointed to the goals he’s scored over the years playing on the shoulder of the last man. His record breaking goal against Salford for example.

It’s a split second movement when reading when the pass is played. He’ll have practiced it loads over his career and it’s something that sometimes ends up in an offside. We’d all like him to be onside every time, and it can be frustrating.

But that’s football. That’s what’s been proven.

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:27 - Nov 11 with 1173 viewsdingdangblue

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:20 - Nov 11 by nordenblue

How many times is Harry Kane offside during any given game?

Players like Adebayor playing at the very top was offside 328 times in his career, what's your point?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 17:23]

Less times than he's scoring at the moment!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:31 - Nov 11 with 1150 views442Dale

Not seen the game, but from someone present:

“there was no goal as such, as the whole f’n defence had stopped!”

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 18:17 - Nov 11 with 1078 viewsnordenblue

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 17:27 - Nov 11 by dingdangblue

Less times than he's scoring at the moment!

Kane will still be caught offside numerous times and he's a lot faster than Hendo out of the blocks... its hilarious folk on forums questioning Hendo whos scoring record stands up against literally anybody else in over 100 years at the club.

Averages says if he's playing right on the line of the last man he's going to get caught out a few times, thats the gamble.
You don't win the lottery without buying a ticket.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 18:37 - Nov 11 with 1037 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 18:17 - Nov 11 by nordenblue

Kane will still be caught offside numerous times and he's a lot faster than Hendo out of the blocks... its hilarious folk on forums questioning Hendo whos scoring record stands up against literally anybody else in over 100 years at the club.

Averages says if he's playing right on the line of the last man he's going to get caught out a few times, thats the gamble.
You don't win the lottery without buying a ticket.

Spot on, & as I said on the other thread, our problems aren’t at that end of the pitch.
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 19:44 - Nov 11 with 940 viewspioneer

Who has proved it ?????

Takes me back to when I was a kid watching Dale in late sixties/early 70s and a pensioner I knew, Cliff Lloyd who had been going to Dale for donkeys years would always moan about Big Reg. I would say but look at the number of goals he scores and his response was “but how many does he miss”.

Maybe Cliff was why we never got a statue of Reg!
Match Thread: Kidderminster vs Dale on 20:18 - Nov 11 with 889 viewsrich_dale

Strikers that are never caught offside score fewer goals than those who are. Filippo Inzaghi did pretty well for a player who was 'born offside' according to Fergie.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024