Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Dale Superfan 14:25 - Sep 17 with 3453 viewsdale1968

Mavis shellard passed away on the 13th Sept aged 89.
Only missed One Game in 53 years.

A true Dale Legend
RIP Mavis

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

RIP Dale Superfan on 14:33 - Sep 17 with 3417 viewsjonahwhereru

What a stalwart. Many thin times during those 53 years.
Condolences to the family.
RIP Dale Superfan on 14:49 - Sep 17 with 3367 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Lovely lady Mavis, will be sadly missed.
RIP Dale Superfan on 15:03 - Sep 17 with 3315 viewsR17ALE

A great shame. Dale through and through. RIP Mavis

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

RIP Dale Superfan on 15:12 - Sep 17 with 3287 viewsBuckTheTrend

Had a lengthy chat with Michael Whittle (Mavis' companion of over 20 years) in the 1907 Lounge after the game yesterday. The better half and I had regular chats with the pair at away matches all over the country and she was indeed a lovely lady.
RIP Mavis.
RIP Dale Superfan on 15:14 - Sep 17 with 3281 viewsTalkingSutty

RIP Dale Superfan on 15:03 - Sep 17 by R17ALE

A great shame. Dale through and through. RIP Mavis

'Super fan' is a very apt description. RIP Mavis and condolences to her family. Very sad news.
RIP Dale Superfan on 16:35 - Sep 17 with 3133 viewssuffolkdale

A lovely lady - we often used to see her in the frozen outposts of East Anglia and the South East, after long journeys always bright and cheerful. It was lovely to see her enjoying the football, and the rare success, in the Keith Hill era.
Sincere condolences to the family - we agree 'a true Dale legend'
RIP Dale Superfan on 22:08 - Sep 17 with 2870 views100569

Dale through and through . A true legend a very pleasant and knowledgeable lady. Could be seen up and down the country week in week out with Michael. Loved chatting with Mavis. She will definitely be missed at COA. Condolences to friends and family.
RIP Mavis
RIP Dale Superfan on 01:31 - Sep 18 with 2750 viewsbluevein64

RIP Dale Superfan on 15:12 - Sep 17 by BuckTheTrend

Had a lengthy chat with Michael Whittle (Mavis' companion of over 20 years) in the 1907 Lounge after the game yesterday. The better half and I had regular chats with the pair at away matches all over the country and she was indeed a lovely lady.
RIP Mavis.

RIP Mavis - my sympathy goes out to both Mavis's family and you Michael , Michael you've been a true friend and companion to Mavis you are both at the top of the all time Dale supporters list - Michael do you recall our chat at Wimbledon (just inside the turnstile) a few years ago when I introduced my young son to her and took photo's , my link is that Mavis supported Shawforth FC when she was a young women and that my Dad was one of her favourite players - god bless Mavis.
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Dale Superfan on 01:46 - Sep 18 with 2734 viewsSandyman

Condolences to Michael and Mavis' family and friends. Certain Dale fans of an older generation set the standard for loyalty to the club. Mavis was up there with David Clough, Brian Johnson and more. In her later years, in increasing frailty, she still battled on to get to games, home and away, and got there. A gentle, kind and very perceptive lady who loved RAFC dearly. She will be missed.
RIP Dale Superfan on 10:58 - Sep 18 with 2494 viewsDalenet

Their seats were empty on Saturday and I wondered where they were. No matter how hard it was to climb those steps, she did it right to the end. RIP Mavis
RIP Dale Superfan on 13:39 - Sep 18 with 2362 viewsforeverhopefulDale

R.I.P, what a brilliant history of support for The Dale.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024