Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How Did This Happen? 00:32 - Nov 3 with 3212 viewsmikehunt

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67187942

Our team may not have made it to BBC's coverage of the first round proper of the FA Cup but one of our fans has.
Odd one.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

How Did This Happen? on 11:16 - Nov 3 with 2962 viewsDorkingDale

Yep - very strange given our current situation, but presumably it was filmed prior to 1st round. Does anyone know who the little star is?
How Did This Happen? on 11:49 - Nov 3 with 2899 viewsDaleiLama

How Did This Happen? on 11:16 - Nov 3 by DorkingDale

Yep - very strange given our current situation, but presumably it was filmed prior to 1st round. Does anyone know who the little star is?

He may wish to remain anonymous for fear of being named in the first X1 for a week tomorrow?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

How Did This Happen? on 12:58 - Nov 3 with 2758 viewsTVOS1907

It's from the game v Tottenham (I can tell from his programme) and is obviously just a stock archive clip they've chosen to use.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

How Did This Happen? on 15:09 - Nov 3 with 2550 viewsEllDale

Going slightly off at a tangent but it feels strange being on the sidelines during first round weekend.
There have been some shockers over the years of course (Droylsden in 1978 for example) but some good memories as well.
Twenty years we were winning at Gigg Lane when Super Kev jumped into the crowd…..
How Did This Happen? (n/t) on 09:18 - Nov 13 with 1974 viewsNobler

How Did This Happen? on 12:58 - Nov 3 by TVOS1907

It's from the game v Tottenham (I can tell from his programme) and is obviously just a stock archive clip they've chosen to use.

How Did This Happen? (n/t) on 09:40 - Nov 13 with 1938 viewsNobler

How Did This Happen? (n/t) on 09:18 - Nov 13 by Nobler

The young star is Iestyn Britten who at the time was a season ticket holder. He lives in Cardiff S Wales and on the day of the FA Cup match v Spurs he travelled from Risca Nr Newport with dad (Matt) and my daughter (Lizzie) to the COA. They met me at the stadium early as he wanted to see the players as he did not come to North very often. We were approached by a photographer who stated he was working for the BBC who wanted some photographs of young supporters for the opening of that evenings MOTD. That is who he ending up on the opening titles of MOTD and the recent photo on the internet. Also after that he and I were interviewed on Radio Manchester. To make his day he had 13 photos with the players including his favourate Hendo. Eventually they got back home in S Wales in time for MOTD.
How Did This Happen? (n/t) on 12:55 - Nov 13 with 1719 viewsYorkshire_Dale

How Did This Happen? (n/t) on 09:40 - Nov 13 by Nobler

The young star is Iestyn Britten who at the time was a season ticket holder. He lives in Cardiff S Wales and on the day of the FA Cup match v Spurs he travelled from Risca Nr Newport with dad (Matt) and my daughter (Lizzie) to the COA. They met me at the stadium early as he wanted to see the players as he did not come to North very often. We were approached by a photographer who stated he was working for the BBC who wanted some photographs of young supporters for the opening of that evenings MOTD. That is who he ending up on the opening titles of MOTD and the recent photo on the internet. Also after that he and I were interviewed on Radio Manchester. To make his day he had 13 photos with the players including his favourate Hendo. Eventually they got back home in S Wales in time for MOTD.

Thanks for that update, good story. Out of interest is young Iestyn still a supporter? Did his visit to that great match "lock him in" or has interest waned as the Club sunk south?
How Did This Happen? (n/t) on 15:19 - Nov 13 with 1583 viewsNobler

How Did This Happen? (n/t) on 12:55 - Nov 13 by Yorkshire_Dale

Thanks for that update, good story. Out of interest is young Iestyn still a supporter? Did his visit to that great match "lock him in" or has interest waned as the Club sunk south?

Unfortunately being a teenager and far away he has other interests. He is still a supporter and part of his Christmas box is the current shirt and a calendar
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024