Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Altrincham Match Thread 12:10 - Nov 20 with 20336 viewsChaffRAFC

TVOS Preview:

TVOS Preview: Rochdale v Altrincham 20th Nov 2023 09:46
Rochdale AFC’s matchday programme – The Voice of Spotland – is back for Tuesday’s Vanarama National League fixture against Altrincham. 0

Refwatch:

Refwatch: Rochdale v Altrincham 19th Nov 2023 13:00
The first-ever league fixture between Dale and Altrincham on Tuesday night will be refereed by GARRETH RHODES. 0

Bring a friend for a fiver:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2023/november/friendforafiver_altrincham/

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Altrincham Match Thread on 23:30 - Nov 21 with 4528 viewsjudd

Much better tempo to start, penalty save a big turning point.
Clinical finishing, great use of Hendo to change effectiveness of left side attack. Cameron John bombing forward and also pressing like a leech.

Sponsors tonight included Andy Mazey. Much respect due.

Ratcliffe excellent as ever.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Altrincham Match Thread on 23:37 - Nov 21 with 4483 viewsD_Alien

Altrincham Match Thread on 23:30 - Nov 21 by judd

Much better tempo to start, penalty save a big turning point.
Clinical finishing, great use of Hendo to change effectiveness of left side attack. Cameron John bombing forward and also pressing like a leech.

Sponsors tonight included Andy Mazey. Much respect due.

Ratcliffe excellent as ever.

The penalty was a turning point, and i'm hoping these couple of home wins will be seen as a turning point too

It'd be great if we could go into the Xmas/New Year fixtures in playoff contention

All initiatives to get people through the turnstiles are to be welcomed, but by far the biggest factor will be playing winning football

It'll also make us a more attractive proposition to the right type of investor

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Altrincham Match Thread on 23:54 - Nov 21 with 4400 viewsSandyman

A solid first half, helped by Moulden's penalty save from the Alty show pony and his foolish fancy dan step up.

Struggled to get the ball in their half the first 15 minutes of the second half, but persevered and scored 2 excellent goals. This lot leave you worried when 3-0 up at home with 10 minutes to go, but we won through. Starting to look more like a team than individuals playing according to the mythical "coaching manual".

Well done Dale. Great result against a useful looking Alty side. The all too rare lesser spotted clean sheet made an appearance too.
Altrincham Match Thread on 00:05 - Nov 22 with 4357 viewsBarrowdale

Altrincham Match Thread on 23:54 - Nov 21 by Sandyman

A solid first half, helped by Moulden's penalty save from the Alty show pony and his foolish fancy dan step up.

Struggled to get the ball in their half the first 15 minutes of the second half, but persevered and scored 2 excellent goals. This lot leave you worried when 3-0 up at home with 10 minutes to go, but we won through. Starting to look more like a team than individuals playing according to the mythical "coaching manual".

Well done Dale. Great result against a useful looking Alty side. The all too rare lesser spotted clean sheet made an appearance too.

Soo much better save for the first 15 mins of the second half. First time in ages that I’ve felt the”buzz!” We have hope. Well played and well managed
Altrincham Match Thread on 00:10 - Nov 22 with 4337 viewsTVOS1907

Altrincham Match Thread on 23:13 - Nov 20 by Sandyman

They can bitch and moan all they like. Altrincham have NEVER been a football league club. They have had 40+ goes at it since the rules as of June 1980 were observed and denied them a place in the EFL. Be it by re-election, or promotion. They failed to achieve Football League status on every occasion.

Rochdale AFC 102 consecutive years in the Football League > Altrincham 0 years in the football league.

The evidence m'lud. The result tomorrow is irrelevant to the historical facts.

Up The Dale.
[Post edited 20 Nov 2023 23:14]

You’ll like this link, Sandy.

http://altyfans.co.uk/index.php?PHPSESSID=i3rhh9ospmu3p18bldhmjq3qf5&topic=2

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Altrincham Match Thread on 00:17 - Nov 22 with 4321 viewsdingdangblue

Excellent win, Hayes superb again and really got us off on the front foot with his positive running. Great cameo from Hendo when he came on and 3 really well worked goals. Special mention to Alty choosing to play 3 short corners rather than cross it into our box - baffling.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Altrincham Match Thread on 00:41 - Nov 22 with 4298 viewsSandyman

Altrincham Match Thread on 00:10 - Nov 22 by TVOS1907

Delightful, TVOS. Thank you.

Their opinion of Newby seems to mirror ours.
Altrincham Match Thread on 08:29 - Nov 22 with 3867 viewsTVOS1907

Altrincham Match Thread on 19:31 - Nov 21 by davidab2202

Obviously want us to pick up the 3 points , but my Grandson's best mate is on Altrincham's bench , so Good Luck to George Wilson if he gets on at any stage.

Never heard of either of them....

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Altrincham Match Thread on 09:39 - Nov 22 with 3688 viewsAtThePeake

Altrincham Match Thread on 00:41 - Nov 22 by Sandyman

Delightful, TVOS. Thank you.

Their opinion of Newby seems to mirror ours.

Stand-out line: "Only positive is we surely won't be signing Newby on a permanent."

Great performance last night, don't think he's been mentioned yet so the only thing I wanted to add was that I thought that was Adam Clayton's best performance for a few weeks. When he's on it, we're on it.

Tangled up in blue.

Altrincham Match Thread on 10:17 - Nov 22 with 3585 viewsDareToCalvin

Altrincham Match Thread on 09:39 - Nov 22 by AtThePeake

Stand-out line: "Only positive is we surely won't be signing Newby on a permanent."

Great performance last night, don't think he's been mentioned yet so the only thing I wanted to add was that I thought that was Adam Clayton's best performance for a few weeks. When he's on it, we're on it.

Agreed with this. Also a big fan of Gilmour when he's played quite deep, he's really good on the half turn and keeps the ball well. Seems to be working so far with East playing further forward.
Altrincham Match Thread on 10:24 - Nov 22 with 3563 viewsDrigdale

Have to say this was an excellent performance and everyone contributed. I haven't enjoyed a match this much for a long time. There seemed to be a brilliant atmosphere all night and more connect with the players. So much so that in about the 80th minute when my mate was screaming for the defence to play long balls, EEL just turned round and said 'chillax'. Priceless!!!!!!!!!
Well deserved and long may it continue.
Altrincham Match Thread on 16:04 - Nov 22 with 3073 viewsjonahwhereru

Well that was just what the doctor ordered. Impressive going forward and a well earned clean sheet. Talking of which I loved Nevett’s reaction when he toe poked away the rebound from the penalty. Swapping Gilmour and East’s roles around has worked wonders. Who ever would have believed BJ has some tactical nouse, not that many if you look a past threads on here.
Talking of under appreciated people, I know we have been spoiled by having so many good strikers but i liked Mitchell from the start, and I hope that more folk will warm to him ang give him the credit he now deserves.
UTD
Altrincham Match Thread on 16:25 - Nov 22 with 3010 viewsCedar_Room

Altrincham Match Thread on 00:10 - Nov 22 by TVOS1907

Interesting - I had never read what their objections were to the supposedly shameful vote. But by their own account the vote was lost because the Luton fella got stuck in traffic and the Grimsby fella was too gormless/p1ssed to get a ballot paper. And this is Rochdale's fault why exactly?? Its bitterness and being stuck in the past which would make a bury fan blush. Absolute garbage and makes the thumping they got last night all the sweeter.
Altrincham Match Thread on 16:34 - Nov 22 with 2968 viewsD_Alien

Altrincham Match Thread on 16:25 - Nov 22 by Cedar_Room

Interesting - I had never read what their objections were to the supposedly shameful vote. But by their own account the vote was lost because the Luton fella got stuck in traffic and the Grimsby fella was too gormless/p1ssed to get a ballot paper. And this is Rochdale's fault why exactly?? Its bitterness and being stuck in the past which would make a bury fan blush. Absolute garbage and makes the thumping they got last night all the sweeter.

Totally agree, and thought the same. We were up shit creek but at least we started to paddle (Fred Ratcliffe, Bob Stokoe) but what would anyone expect? They'd have done the same, and there's one other thing - the past four decades bears witness to that vote being the right outcome

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Altrincham Match Thread on 20:35 - Nov 22 with 2608 viewsfinberty

Altrincham Match Thread on 16:34 - Nov 22 by D_Alien

Totally agree, and thought the same. We were up shit creek but at least we started to paddle (Fred Ratcliffe, Bob Stokoe) but what would anyone expect? They'd have done the same, and there's one other thing - the past four decades bears witness to that vote being the right outcome

Never fully understood what RAFC did wrong in the 1980 re-election.

It was the other voting clubs who decided the outcome, and unless RAFC was responsible for the two no-shows, how could it be blamed?

It gained, certainly, by retaining League status, but surely any chairman in Ratcliffe' position would have done exactly the same - even Alty's chairman.

I do remember walking home from school on that day in 1980 with a mate holding his transistor radio to his ear, determined to break the news of RAFC's demise, and the general air of disbelief that it hadn't happened.
Altrincham Match Thread on 22:12 - Nov 22 with 2450 viewsDaleiLama

Altrincham Match Thread on 16:04 - Nov 22 by jonahwhereru

Well that was just what the doctor ordered. Impressive going forward and a well earned clean sheet. Talking of which I loved Nevett’s reaction when he toe poked away the rebound from the penalty. Swapping Gilmour and East’s roles around has worked wonders. Who ever would have believed BJ has some tactical nouse, not that many if you look a past threads on here.
Talking of under appreciated people, I know we have been spoiled by having so many good strikers but i liked Mitchell from the start, and I hope that more folk will warm to him ang give him the credit he now deserves.
UTD

By contrast, it took me an age to warm to Kairo. Last night, however, I had an epiphany of sorts. Kelvin Andrews was a gent, a tireless worker and a great embassador for the Dale, with the one exception where he blotted his copybook. His goal return was far inferior to the current #9 though, who often looks ungainly and awkward. His first touch can be poor as well but give him the ball, show him the goal and he bangs plenty in. If his growth and ascent continues, I'll be happy to admit first impressions don't always tell the full story.

Massive shout out to Cameron John last night too. Coming back from a disaffected year and hitting rock bottom, he was immense in stopping crosses from coming in. BJ deserves a bucket of credit for that amongst many other things so far in this spell as manager
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 22:14]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Altrincham Match Thread on 22:29 - Nov 22 with 2412 viewsjudd

Altrincham Match Thread on 22:12 - Nov 22 by DaleiLama

By contrast, it took me an age to warm to Kairo. Last night, however, I had an epiphany of sorts. Kelvin Andrews was a gent, a tireless worker and a great embassador for the Dale, with the one exception where he blotted his copybook. His goal return was far inferior to the current #9 though, who often looks ungainly and awkward. His first touch can be poor as well but give him the ball, show him the goal and he bangs plenty in. If his growth and ascent continues, I'll be happy to admit first impressions don't always tell the full story.

Massive shout out to Cameron John last night too. Coming back from a disaffected year and hitting rock bottom, he was immense in stopping crosses from coming in. BJ deserves a bucket of credit for that amongst many other things so far in this spell as manager
[Post edited 22 Nov 2023 22:14]

Great Post.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Altrincham Match Thread on 22:44 - Nov 22 with 2371 viewsdaleitetilidie

Just watched the second goal on a replay. I counted 22 passes with most of the team getting a touch. Must count for one of the best team goals of the season. UTD
Altrincham Match Thread on 06:33 - Nov 23 with 2139 viewsDale_4_Life

Altrincham Match Thread on 22:44 - Nov 22 by daleitetilidie

Just watched the second goal on a replay. I counted 22 passes with most of the team getting a touch. Must count for one of the best team goals of the season. UTD

Excellent performance and another welcome home win.

Mitchell starting to work out what is required and is improving with every game. His confidence is growing and so is his goal return!.

Its funny I thought John was poor last night in the defensive aspect of his role.. Poor games happen.. what John looks like though is interested and committed. What a difference in his body language and demeanor compared to the sullen version we had last season. Long may this continue.

The Stand outs are the midfield Trio.. What a night for East Gilmour and Clayton. When these 3 play like that and we have pace and tricks on either wing we can be a match for any team in the division.

Maybe... Just maybe we can keep moving forward. This group of players look connected and dare I say a little hungry. Its been a long time in coming roll on Saturday.
Altrincham Match Thread on 12:11 - Nov 24 with 1586 viewsDaleiLama

Kairo's 10th of the season no less! All 10 here in this thread. That puts him firmly in the "goal-scorer" category.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Altrincham Match Thread (n/t) on 09:03 - Nov 29 with 850 viewsNobler

Altrincham Match Thread on 12:11 - Nov 24 by DaleiLama

Kairo's 10th of the season no less! All 10 here in this thread. That puts him firmly in the "goal-scorer" category.

Altrincham Match Thread (n/t) on 09:07 - Nov 29 with 842 viewsNobler

Altrincham Match Thread (n/t) on 09:03 - Nov 29 by Nobler

Just had notification via email from National TV that I will get a full refund from them for this match. This was after emailing a complaint about their service, thanks for the info from fellow members
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024